Bokurano

Who are your favourite characters?
I like them all but Machi, Maki and Tanaka stand out to me.
Waku is very underrated

No one in Sup Forums wants to discuss Bokurano? I'm sad.

Chizuru, definitely.

Dung Beetle.

The entire series is underrated. I randomly found it trawling through tvtropes and Id never heard of it before or since. It brilliantly melds so many interesting themes yet nobody ever talks about it.

They're basically all great, fuck. Maybe Machi, Jun, and Kirie? Komo's arc was also one of the best, but I think that was less about her (not that she was bad by any means) and more about the story concept.

>no one talks about Bokurano
>tvtropes
Lurk for two years before posting, or else just fuck off.

Loved Bokurano, but never got around to Narutaru. Better or worse?

Better in my opinion, but very different so it's not easy to compare them.

Anime was pretty mediocre in my opinion.
Flashback/Death of the week was a mistake.

I just started Narutaru this week, volume 4 right now.
It's completely different from Bokurano simply because of the recurring cast. Kitoh has been handling Shiina and Akira very well and I'm excited to see what's gonna happen to them.
I recommend you read it too, since you like Bokurano.
We're not discussing the anime.

Worse, that ending was rushed shit that lead nowhere.

He really is a fantastic character.
Going from what seemed like a little cunty mascot to a genuinely nice guy and eventually seeing him finally reveal his face and fight the final battle was beautiful.
She blew me away, I had no idea the story would ever go in that direction.
>They're basically all great, fuck.
pretty much. I share the love for Jun, Kirie and Komo too. Their arcs are god-tier.

Manga art is bad but so charming.

I think his art fine, honestly. Linework is nice, the hungry-skeleton characters fit his stories, mech/monster design is great, etc. Sameface is his only major issue.

I really like his art.
and to add to that, his backgrounds are fantastic

Narutaru was more memorable to me but maybe it's due to the shock value, some scenes are just tough, painful (and very creative) shit

>Who are your favourite characters?
Daiichi and Nakama, by the end of the series I also liked Dung Beetle a lot.

What do you like about them?

I definitely prefer Bokurano, but I see what you mean. I think that a lot of the deaths in Bokurano were softened by the dignity most of the characters showed when it was their turn and the efforts the survivors made to honor them. Narutaru was just savage.

Machi sure got shafted at the end, I genuinely felt bad for her. Chizuru, Machi, Nakama and Jun were overall my favorite characters, Chizuru's arc being the most memorable due to shock value.
And then there's this fuckin page...

I flipped my shit when Machi got shot in the fucking face after, pic related, one of the most heartfelt I've ever read in manga.
Truly best girl who deserved better, fucking chinks.

I think it's rushed and overrated personally. Not enough build up and character development for me to give a shit about anyone other than the girl with the prostitute mother. Every one else sorta just existed and died with a bit of drama.

Different. Narutaru makes you like the characters more but has a full retard drop everything ending. Up until she dies? It's a fucking amazing manga. After that? Just drops the ball and kills itself.

Feels like the author was told 'no more serialisation for you so wrap it up in 4 chapters' and it ended.

Honestly Nakama was best girl, with Machi close 2nd. Her story with the prostitute mother and her final wish was really uplifting and made me melt a little.