He isn't catholic

>he isn't catholic
To what end?

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decree_19641121_unitatis-redintegratio_en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don’t goatze jesus australia

Why would I be Catholic when the Catholic Church says I don't even have to be Catholic? When the Church stopped saying that being in the Catholic Church is necessary for salvation, it lost me as a potential convert.

I thought that was a weird christ goatse at first.

>he allows himself to be controlled by false gods

Reminder Britain force converted the Catholics they sent to Australia as prisoners

>When the Church stopped saying that being in the Catholic Church is necessary for salvation

It never said that

>he is catholic
>To what end?

I'm from the only state in the country that received no convicts. Try again.

fellas... they're back at it again this morning

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decree_19641121_unitatis-redintegratio_en.html
>It follows that the separated Churches(23) and Communities as such, though we believe them to be deficient in some respects, have been by no means deprived of significance and importance in the mystery of salvation. For the Spirit of Christ has not refrained from using them as means of salvation which derive their efficacy from the very fullness of grace and truth entrusted to the Church.
The Church herself has declared I do not need to join.

I like what the religion teaches. I find the whole walking on water bit not very believable

But I am.

Jesus is God. Why do you believe God cannot create miracles?

Thomas, is that you?

I went to Loyola for my bachelors. Jesuits are definitely very tricky people.

>((((Atheism))))
Back to Canada you marxist-cucks

Council of Florence, Cantate Domino (1441):
>No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church.

Vatican II, Lumen Gentium, the DOGMATIC constitution on the Church (1964):
>Those also can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience.

This is a contradiction proclaimed dogmatically. There is no way to deny it unless you resort to semantic perversions and handwaving rationalizations. This makes the Church internally inconsistent and falsifies all claims of being the one true church.

Therefore, Catholicism is a false religion QED

i'm at gonzaga right now. a lot of the jesuits are really decent people but there's guys like this that give the order a really fucking bad rap

wat

Catholics cowards refuse to respond to this post:

>Being Catholic in Australia..

Lol. Even Muslims are more serious than you here

I thought about becoming Catholic once but the 5-6 different priests I talked to recommended against it. One said he doesn't like or agree the church but stays for the spirituality, others said I don't need to join and it was fine to follow my previous religion.

There is no salvation outside the Catholic Church. The question is what it means to be outside the Church. It is possible to be connected to the Church without it being in a formalized way. But this requires what is called "invincible ignorance". In other words, if you know there is no salvation outside the Church, and you choose to remain outside it, you are condemning yourself. However, if you are totally ignorant of this, it is possible to be saved, but this still requires that you are living a moral and spiritual life. There is nothing contradictory about this.

Bullshit. The Church teaches that the plan of salvation includes Muslims, who deny the Trinity and the divinity of Jesus Christ:
>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.

That doesn't mean they're a part of the Church or that they don't need to convert, it just means they have enough truth in their beliefs that it serves as a good preparation for the Gospel.

>Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."