I'm sure this kind of thing has been done before, but with swords and magic and shit like that

I'm sure this kind of thing has been done before, but with swords and magic and shit like that.

Ignoring the fact that there's only been one episode, how are you enjoying this show?

Its alright, the story is yet to be known, but its predictable probably since its based on a mobile game.Hopefully it stays above average production quality and somehow string me along until the end.

The character designs look real sweet, at least.

I liked how every unit had its theme, obviously the maid with the drill fist weapon is best girl.

The ass service are nice.

>but with swords and magic and shit like that.
That's why this is already better.
Bikini team should be the MCs.

Started watching Ange Vierge, don't understand the hype. It's extremely repetitive and bland and the bits with the military sisters suck ass but it's in every damn episode. And if the girls don't fight they are taking a bath with light beams into your face, how totally not repetitive and not boring.

Seems like you got meme'd on.There are anons that liked it though somehow.

I wish this was following Team Tactical Bikini.

Think this sword will be important later on?

It's surprisingly well-produced but largely bland.

That can change though as with all mobageshit that have pleasantly surprised me, AV as a recent example I guess.

People hyped it like it's the Madoka of mobage adaptions but it's nothing special.
Typical episode: girl meets MC then they take a bath, girls take a bath, the stupid military sisters bit, fight with flashbacks of girls taking a bath
This gets old fast.

+ defeat enemy with power of friendship

I want to say no but we didnt get to know the origin of the sword right? Might be nothing but who knows.

Yeah, just how did HanaKana get her hands on Excalibur?! Bet she'll use it as an arrow later.

Ah the classic case of the threads were half the fun. Never trust Sup Forums on a show especially if it comes from the mouth of somebody that actually watched it while it aired.
Shit's always awry like that.

I hype AV because it's one of the most well written anime I can think of. Nothing doesn't make sense, everything is logical given the rules of the show, and the anime is one of the rare cases where something is aware of what it's doing and does it for fun without being "we know it's a cliche so it's ok if we use the cliche" in your face.

Some of the lines were very good for a comedy, like the strip/bottle one, which is also a believable explanation for the crystals. The way were showed that the Dark Word has different creatures other than vampires was also a nice show don't tell, which is rare in anime. There was also some nice ideas thrown there, if you look at vampires' need for blood as an addiction, Almaria's line about blood being a way to fight the sun takes the aspect of the early stages of an addiction, when you do drugs or drink to fight your problems.
I should rewatch it, after reading Mafarka le futuriste, because recently I realized that Stella 77 could be a good example of a futurist kid, born from the machine, obsessed with speed.

The thing is people act as if it's some masterpiece and how it's a prime example how you do a game adaption. While it's a pretty standard mobage anime that doesn't even try to be anything special out of the norm. The light beam spam pisses me especially off.
>liter the show with censor beams
>lol it's a joke about a character making those
>lol that means we don't need to remove them for the BDs
>lol those losers buying the BDs for cartoon pussy
Then at least don't spam the whole show with them if they are not getting removed.

They are spammed because it's exactly what the character would do. It's perfectly in character and their removal would completely miss the point.

Moshu moshu~

(CV: Kugyu)

>I hype AV because it's one of the most well written anime I can think of.
>without being "we know it's a cliche so it's ok if we use the cliche" in your face

>O'bli
Finally someone realizes that the Irish are evil.

Is this the Keijo!!!!!!!! of this season?

The closest one would be AkibaTrip.

Wouldn't say they're the same but for starters they're using the "this school was made to train people to fight some huge alien threat" gimmick

Anyway, it's still just one episode so let's wait for more to come our way to make an educated or otherwise judgment

When the Mikage-senpai whistle her theme before fighting Saya, you realize that AV knows it's not a serious anime, but at the same time you don't have the characters telling you it's a cliche. This makes a world were for the characters it's damn serious but for us it isn't. The whole scene is perfectly presented as serious confrontation, and then they add the comic absurd element, that doesn't detract from the scene.

That's how you do being aware of cliches.

I wish AV was about the girls fighting the aliens like Strike Witches. The corruption meme got old after they defeated the first girl. The enemies should be actual enemies instead of just brainwashed friends they defeat with power of friendship.
>defeat girl with power of friendship
>proceed to next girl
>do the same
>return to step 1

The Ouroboros were boring as fuck though. Having the corrupted senpais as the enemy makes for far more interesting and varied conflict.

Besides it was hype as fuck when the poster girl of the actual game became the final boss. The first boss and the final boss even.

The thing is the girls are not actual enemies so the fights feel completely pointless. And it's way too repetitive how they go from girl to girl and defeat then with power of friendship.
Just make the Ouroboros more menacing, fill the rest with SOL and comedy and leave the corruption thing for the finale.
It just wanted to jump the shark at the start like Madoka but they didn't know how to fill the rest.

On the contrary, it's because they were their corrupted friends that the fights had more bearing to them. Each unhinged senpai, or kouhai for the lazy cunt's case, not only acted as a genuine threat to the core but as sources of character development to confront each MC with during their arc. It was a conscious and frankly smart decision to do especially as a mobage adaptation which first and foremost aimed to advertise the MCs since they were the upcoming cards. I honestly doubt just having flying dick monsters as opponents could have provided the show with the silly as fuck ideas it had during the course of the series.

And fucking hell. Literally the only fight that was won by the power of friendship was the confrontation between the angels and that was like the entire point of their drama. Every other fight was handled in a completely different fashion.