What did he mean by this Sup Forums

“The choice between the blue or the red pill is not really a choice between illusion and reality. Of course The Matrix is a machine for fictions, but these are fictions which already structure our reality. If you take away from our reality the symbolic fictions that regulate it, you lose reality itself. (…) I want a third pill. So what is the third pill? Definitely not some kind of transcendental pill which enables a fake fast food religious experience, but a pill which would enable me to perceive not the reality behind the illusion, but reality in illusion itself. (…) Our fundamental delusion today is not believing in what is only a fiction, to take fictions too seriously – on the contrary, it is not taking fictions seriously enough.”

No seriously what did he mean, I Havant got a fucking clue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PwuckTkE7T4&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=lPkoqH2iQIQ
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=dTMAVidraCI
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html
twitter.com/HamillHimself
youtu.be/qY4Y1RuoECk
youtube.com/watch?v=0B5FwnMMcjE
youtu.be/8cDa7yZeci8
quantamagazine.org/physicists-hunt-for-the-big-bangs-triangles-20160419/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He took the blue pill

As Marlo Stanfield would say:

“You want it to be one way. You want it to be one way. But it’s the other way.”

So he wants to combine harry potter with the bell curve, and thinks its enlightened.

He recognizes that bluepilled liberalism is a stupid illusion, but rejects the idea that the redpill is "reality"; even though bluepilled liberalism is an illusion, it still structures, defines, and thereby effectively creates reality on the ground. Recognizing that liberalism does this, he objects not to the illusory nature of this created reality, but merely asks for a better set of illusions; establishing myths and extrapolating reality from them is both a) not an invalid way to construct the world and also b) exactly what "the redpill" would be doing if we "took over" - we just have different "founding myths" about race and gender and so on and how society should be structured with regard to those things.

As I think about that, though, I disagree - because it goes back to the underlying leftist idea that "reality is just a social construction, you can arbitrarily choose the starting variables and create whatever world you want!"; we think what we do because we are convinced that there exist truths about race and gender, etc. that we are currently concealing and papering over and which all the well-intentioned theorizing in the world cannot change. Women are not men just because universities say so, nor are blacks white. I think le sniffman presents a thought-provoking point but I ultimately disagree

Pic related

Remembing for a sec that Zizek is generally a lefty, he probably encounters a lot of deconstructionism.
Maybe he thinks that at the end of it all, humans require shibboleths to give meaning and structure to their life.
So the conflict between wanting to deconstruct everything or preserve everything is meaningless, life is finding the right construct to live by.
But that's just my interpretation, I may suck dicks.

The blue and red pill has originally nothing to do with your political leanings though.

It's empty postulating trying to sound transcendent and deep, while in actuality he's just rambling about nonsense. It's what academia is built on, in all honesty.

who gets to decide the fictions?

Who cares. I don't watch gaytrek anyway.
sage and nigger

PhD in Philo here:

It is psycho babble wrapped in gross relativism. Ignore it completely and move on with your life.

You, individually, can choose to structure reality in your own head however you want. There are various ways in which you can influence people's decisions about how they structure their realities - institutions, memes, force - but the individual has ultimate control.

Checked 4 gaytrek

did zizek say this or did mark hamil? or neither?

Solid reference

youtube.com/watch?v=PwuckTkE7T4&t=8s

they look pretty much the same so I thought why botther

What does he mean? He means that the red pill is about seeing beyond the fictions which structure our reality. The red pill helps us to see the underlying structure of reality.
The blue pill is about buying into the fictions that we accept as reality, but on a half hearted still-seeking-the-the-red-pill basis. Career professionals will eulogise their careers built on self sacrifice to the shareholders, but secretly harbour the wish that they could escape to the countryside and farm some cabbages.

The pill Mr Harmon seeks, is a pill which would allow him to take the fictions which structure our reality more seriously - not because he believes in them necessarily or intrinsically, but because their function is important none-the-less. They offer a solace.

If we could take such a pill, then the reality revealed by the blue pill, would become better. Because instead of trapping that career professional in a horrible journey there would be a requirement to actually build that career professional a pathway that would actually fulfil them as much as they believe their fantasy of growing cabbages will fulfil them.

Honour, integrity, honesty and dignity might all just bloom.

wtf mark hamill? the new star wars movie are really doing a number on his psyche
but seriously tho, i think Luke is trying to say something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPkoqH2iQIQ

>Science fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." - closing quote at the end of the last episode of star gate sg-1

fiction can be used to shape reality, the dreams/hopes we think up for the future will inevitability lead us towards working towards those futures so creating better, more 'productive' fiction we can, in a way, use fiction to 'build a better world'

basically what hitler wanted to use the media for, creating productive citizens via positive propaganda.

instead of what we have now, negative, devisive, fearmongering propaganda full of apocalypse after apocalypse

in closing, Luke Skywalker is a nazi and the new star wars movies promote white genocide.

i think that about sums it up?

He means even if the holocaust is fake, he wants to make it real.

I support that its time we unite against the Jews who take our money using taxes to the FED and other central banks.

this is your brain on slovenian weed

He means you need to believe in communism and dialectical materialism even if it's obviously false.

want some dude

you must brave the feared slovenian rape forest
in the center of the rape forest there is a clearing where slovenian weed grows

this is a task only you can complete user

>but reality in illusion itself.
so basically he just wants a jacked up blue pill

gas all commies

Zizek doesn't believe in science. Marxists are literally just religious nutjobs.

His whole life is being an actor, aka being ficticious, so of course he wants us to put more stock in fictions

zizek spouts postmodernist wordsalad and pot smoking hipsters eat it up.

we should genocide all that scum, that will show them whats real!

*sniff*

he knows, myth and legend are real, giants existed, Atlantis is real, humanity is millions of years old, the bible is coded, the Baghagad vita is right

find the black Sun

>I will just say things I know nothing about without even bothering to find out if I am right or not, I just want to say stuff

Hey you, yah you, stfu guy, you have no idea what you are talking about, probably no one is this thread does. Nothing any of you believe is real

youtube.com/watch?v=dTMAVidraCI
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html

you half wits have been living in a fantasy created by the Church to make youa good slave for 1000's of years, waky waky, time to learn the truth

Quick rundown?

He doesn't just want us to take more stock in fiction, he wants his producers to stop fucking up great franchises because they see them as money machines. His biggest issue with the new Star Wars movies is that he doesn't believe that Luke would act the way they're making him portray him. I believe what he's trying to say is that artists should stay more true to their art.

See and There is nu quick rundown brother. It is like saying give me a quick rundown on how to have a PHD in physics. It took you 12 years in school to learn all the lies, it would normally take you years to learn the truth, if you ever could. They have psycops on every level to keep you from finding it which is why we made the yt channel, to make it as quick and easy as we possibly could, but it will still take you time to learn and absorb start with the playlists

i think hes trying to say hes pro sex doll.

>"The truth hurts too much, i want perma-sunglasses instead, preferably heavily tinted in that color i was so familiar with; it was called "Illusion", i think."
Still an obscurantist faggot if you ask me.

>tfw i thought i was taking a red pill but it was a black pill

>perceive not the reality behind the illusion, but reality in illusion itself

That's the blue pill, you fucking sellout.

There is truth in the lie. This is actually a portion of the red pill.

why would anyone listen to the Joker anyway?

Why is this fucker talking about anyway? He works for Jews to spreada Jewish degeneracy. Fuck him.

>No seriously what did he mean, I Havant got a fucking clue?

Reality as you understand it is a fiction structured by your subjective experience of the world and given meaning by sociocultural memes.

He wants a euphemistic "pill" to at will be able to build these memes wholesale, because human heuristics require them to function in the first place. There is no reality beyond the fiction, not a human reality.

>amerilard thinks this is a Mark Hamill quote
kek

They are materialists. So yeah, they believe in science. They don't believe in theology, or at least religion. So you got it exactly backwards.

he took both at the same time

That he’s a liberal FUCK STICK that HATES GEOTUS

Trips of truth that Hamill is retarded

Everyone thinks the red pill makes you "woke" or whatever but Morpheus presented it as staying in Wonderland and exploring the depth of the rabbit hole which is basically the antithesis of reality. Zion was a secondary Matrix and your life is a lie.

he's saying we live in a hyper-reality now where people divide the world into 'fiction' and 'facts' but you really have to consider both scenarios to have a more complete understanding of the world, and it is unimportant which scenario is actually true. sort of like how some people believe that flat-earthers do not exist because they are so convinced the world is a globe they cant imagine anyone thinking differently

It means he has played KOTOR

Not quite. he's talking about the movie and relating that to how ideology functions, not liberalism. Basically all he is saying is that one must see the outer realm of functioning and how this both acts on illusions and creates its own illusions. In The Matrix the outer world is a completely separate reality, not a connected world but a secondary world that creates the other. In reality this is not how it is, and there is always a symbiotic relation between illusion and reality.
Reality acts within all of these collective ideas of political ideology, religion, and mores. At a simpler level he often discusses politeness and how a grocery clerk will ask, 'How are you?' and the idiot will respond, 'Oh, not very good, my dog ran away, and my wife is cheating on me... etc. etc.' It's not a true question, it's a falsity, a basic lie showing politeness. They did not want to know the reality of your being, they are simply engaging in a fictitious relationship that upholds standard mores. But this falsity clearly shapes behaviour, so the question is, what are the hidden laws that turn the rest of us into fools?
If we knew the functioning behind things we may act more appropriately and not make fools of ourselves. In other words, even though we are surrounded by fiction we do not know it and cannot understand it - and therefore we could never even respond to it.
So the Red Pill in popular philosophy now does not function at all like the movie, because there is no impossible void in between the two worlds. The two worlds are always connected and acting upon each other. So like a Venn diagram there is crossover between the blue-pilled and red-pilled world, why I often joke about the purple pill.
And worse than this, you may think you take a red pill but you just end up in a second blue-pilled world. This is the other possible reading of the Matrix, it's just another false world of illusion. And this would be a much more accurate description of our reality today.

In short, most of the red pills are really just blue pills. There are red pills, and then there is the Red Pill. But even the Red Pill is not Truth.

1st, 2nd and 3rd order derivative speak essentially.
He's saying they're all important which they are and he's not satisfying with just seeing the 2nd order derivative of reality : the things that drive the illusions. He's saying the illusions are important in that they shape and structure our reality. After than, there is ofc the reasoning behind them which is also important. However, he's more for understanding the point of it all while still experiencing the illusions and their drivers. Essentially, he want to have the vantage point of God immortal + mortal all in one grand experience.. and yeah, I'd imagine everyone would want that capability.

There's many more layers to dissect here but that's the gist of it.

Meh, give a grand summary... Assume someone is on your level and speak clearly as to what you're trying to say. Many have watched this videos time and time again.. What are (YOU) trying to say?

>twitter.com/HamillHimself

Mark Hamill's twitter is a cuck whose twitter timeline is full of MSNBC tier woke political bsbble vis-a-vis Trump/Russia/Putin Puppet

He wants us to make the blue pill real. I like this man now.

Correct in a way but you can't gain access to this while maintaining the human experience so it seems like he wants a beyond God like capability/experience... dat greed

Well ok I already said this really, humans are millions of years old, giants existed, Atlantis real, psychopathic, pedophile dark wizards rule this reality, the Universe is mental,we are all magnets and wizards also, but few can learn to use the "force"

No one disagrees that there are idiots who think the earth is flat. What people don't believe who have anything higher than a retard IQ is that their premise is valid. You made a sound reflection here :
> e's saying we live in a hyper-reality now where people divide the world into 'fiction' and 'facts' but you really have to consider both scenarios to have a more complete understanding of the world, and it is unimportant which scenario is actually true.

Then exampled it horribly.

This is the code of the matrix

3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9 3,3,9 6,6,9

youtu.be/qY4Y1RuoECk

He means he knows his world view given to him by the media is BS but he hasn't worked out that the BS will ultimately destroy everything so he's taking the coward pill and staying in make believe mode.
People used to do this in the USSR. There used to be programmes about it on British telly, how they'd be accused of being mentally ill for not being devout commies and they used to play along, saying later that they felt it was best to play along because all their of society was against them.
Now we are the USSR

>Man who is complicit in producing one of the biggest bluepills in human history, does not dislike the blue pill and strife for truth
>throws in a low-key jab at genuine religion
SHOCKING

Luke Skywalker is a fucking boomer.

Meh, see.. doesn't require a pHD. You only needed to compress it. As for this idea, yeah I mean.. Say that is the truth : What does it change? If you presented this to people and it was irrefutable truth, they'd still have the choice as to whether or not to accept it. The modern world is the comfy rejection of this.. or rather an aspect manifestation of it.

I am familiar w/ 3-6-9. I've happened upon a new code as of late that's even spicier. Good times

To understand, I suggest you read Nietzsche's On Truth and Lying in an Extra-Moral sense and the works of Kenneth Burke and George Kennedy

dam, german user going in.

>What's he talking about?
Religion as far as I can tell. The idea that believing stories that are not literally true is beneficial for society and thus true in some larger sense.

Or maybe he's talking about Hollywood. The idea that consuming stories that we all agree are not literally true can still shape how we approach reality and thus bad in a way we are not willing to acknowledge.

Take it this way. Let's add a second pair of glasses to They Live. You have the illusion, then the sunglasses which show you the creep of the second world onto the illusory reality. But the 3D glasses will show you something like an internet link on each of the objects in the world, connecting to what their function is, their history and how they act upon this object making it real or illusory.
Or, think of the creeping second world of They Live as a bridge between the Blue and Red matrix world. In a sense magical realism is like this theological moment creeping into a materialist and secular world. Ideology functions in a similar way, distorting reality or turning illusion into something grotesque to the point that it becomes its own reality.

But that's Mark Hamil.

Mark Hamill got obscure all of a sudden.
Must be the shit role they gave him in SW7

Nah he is saying we have to Take the Jedi Pill

Explain? This id the source, the dynamo, everything else comes from this so you are prob wasting your time unless you are speaking of a specific application for something like the law of squares. But I am interested in hearing if you want to share

can't you see guys the negro storm trooper and the lady that can use the force are SJW siths.

We must cut down the SJWs as a Jedi would the Sith.

You cannot have real world without fiction/fantasy/ideology.

For a Marxist he makes a surprisingly un-Marxist point that ideology is necessary to in order to support the structures and social life in which we live. Sniffman calls ideology unlike Marx what you cynically accept but know that it isn't really true, this is actually a good point because in this schema blue-pills are either the people who are absolutely dumbfucks with no critical self-reflection even though they know they have no no personal ethos and are just relativists (i.e. liberals), or wall-street psychos and politicians who do nothing but lie and cheat in the service of profit or bullshit ideals.

The original Jedi Pill was just the Christ Pill. I don't know about anything beyond the og trilogy, though.

For a second I thought it was from Hammil, after I have read I realized it is just some commie fuck talking about hyper blue pill.
Shit thread.

the sjws are demonic in nature.

youtube.com/watch?v=0B5FwnMMcjE

youtu.be/8cDa7yZeci8

Not sure how you managed to make an even more convoluted reflection than the op but you did.. A moment of clarity in your commentary.
> So the Red Pill in popular philosophy now does not function at all like the movie, because there is no impossible void in between the two worlds. The two worlds are always connected and acting upon each other. So like a Venn diagram there is crossover between the blue-pilled and red-pilled world, why I often joke about the purple pill.

> Basically all he is saying is that one must see the outer realm of functioning
He wants to do this but also be grounded in the illusion ... He wants to be God + human at the same time.. Cool.

I think he's saying that people take works of entertainment fiction too seriously, and yet dismiss the idea of morality and social construction, which are fictions necessary for societies to function.

Essentially he wants to talk about the transcendent but hasn't the slightest clue as to what it is or if he'd want it if he did so he over-philosophizes the non-transcendent into a convoluted circular goop.

Not really 'unmarxist' because Marx discussed the superstructure. In a sense, one could connect the Red-Pilled world as the superstructure, or as an invisible bureaucracy that the Blue people do not even know exists.

This is over-applied/overextended nonsense desu desu.
Chew on this instead :
quantamagazine.org/physicists-hunt-for-the-big-bangs-triangles-20160419/

To add to this a red piller would be someone like Dawkins or a Christian fundie ,someone who obsesses over uncovering the deeper reality of the world as a lie , he ends up completely disillusioned with any other fantasy other than his own and ends up on a loop, where only he has access to the "real" reality.

Sup Forums sometimes ends up on that side, with the race realism autism.

The point is to accept that both are in mediation and that you need both in order to be truly critical of fictions presented as the only real reality

> Jedi Pill
We wuz randomly selected blood line KANGZ AND QUEENZ and shit using higher power constructs to behave like lower minded human beingz warring and chit over territories, resources, and conquest.

StarWars = Human based reality and drama w/ stronger weaponz and chit...

A triump in thought in the 70s.. dated in present day. We'll see in the next 10 days if they've managed to break out and form anew.

He is saying that everything is fictitious in as much as the word "reality" appears in the play of structures observed by you. He doesn't want bigger set of structures, a bigger lie. What he wants is to observe these structures and see them not as fiction but as reality itself manifesting in its multifarious forms. It doesn't matter how much behind this Matrix is, there is something behind what is behind Matrix. What we call reality is dependent on symbols and us observing those symbols.

If he was a Neo, he would see the pills of two realities, where one being better than another depends on his choice, predisposition to see it that way ever since the idea was introduced, communicated to him.

"We should take fiction more seriously because trump is just like dumbledore" is what it means.

kek
10/10 post and a great summary

But you missed the point, the blue pills do know what the real world entails, they just don't care or offer the path of least resistance to ideology. This is why liberalism has never been a revolutionary ideology, it is always aligned with the bourgeois market forces. Even during the French revolution the only real revolutionary was Napoleon because he was able to transcend these real/unreal distinctions of freedom and offer the positive vision of empire to the French. Liberals on the other hand are the last man of Nietzsche, the path of least pain but most profit gained available, another reason why in liberal societies the biggest ideological fetishized fantasy is democracy and knowing/participating in the workings of power.

Commies at least don't suffer from the first, but the suffer from the second in that they want to penetrate a "deeper reality" that uncovers total knowledge and power for the proletariat when you take the "red pill".

Thank god for drugs, right Mark?

>This is over-applied/overextended nonsense desu desu.

This is the source lol brother, everything in this reality comes from this, everything else fits within the matrix, this is the code of the fractal it is infinite

lol the triangles are the tetrahedrons, in the center of the tetarheden is the square which is also a teratheden this is only finding the building blocks of the code of the matrix, this is levels up from the source, let me show you, you have to think in multiple dimensions

Well, it's complex because it's an extremely complex thing.
No, he wants to see how the illusory shapes our material world and combines with it to make an entirely separate reality. He wants to be grounded in reality, but also the reality of the illusory.
Not really, because he is a materialist and psychoanalytical marxist. So, in a sense, he wants to see how the transcendent functions as a psychological phenomenon so that material reality becomes transcendent; so that reality returns.
We no longer even see the illusory, even though we are surrounded by it. As he says, we do not take it seriously, and taking the red pill also does not take it seriously, it sees it as another completely false world, a total unreality, a fiction.
We live in a strange world where everything is its opposite. So if we take that to its logical conclusion it is not that war is peace, freedom is slavery etc., these are merely components. The form of this would be transcendent, that material is now immaterial, or reality has become illusion and illusion has become reality.
In other words, this would mean that the reality of the red-pilled world is the true fiction - because it is nothing but material reality. And here we see how blue-pilled The Matrix philosophy really is, it is simply the functioning of the modern world. Everyone is striving towards pure secularism, a total transcendence of the material world. A triumph over the immaterial.

the hexagram is infinite, the mekbara, it is a fractal, with the hexagram and pentagram you have all the shapes needed to build everything all the platonic solids

Heistryi,g to argue that the illusions reinforce reality. He is an indigo pilled kike trying to convince people to reject realism.

No, because liberalism was behind those revolutions. Napoleon was part of this liberal revolution.