WUT?

plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminism-epistemology

>women

"a social construct" is a social construct

That's right. In 2017, if anything hurts somebody's feelings, that completely invalidates what it is.

Yeah well your identity is a social construct professor. Your views are engineered and you aren't as self aware as you believe you are. You are told what to think and told what to feel because you have no objectives other than getting paid.

your first mistake is taking a class on feminist epistemology.

maybe take a history class instead

This is why traps are the future

Right wingers are just too ignorant and stupid to realize that so many elements of society are simply social constructs. You fuckers are the definition of bluepilled.

The social construction of the social construct, is a social construction.

who is that ginger semen demon is she single

Show your flag, leaf.

Feel free to leave this social construct you call society then. You obviously don't need it if everything is a matter of social opinion.

The only thing preventing me from slaughtering leftists in the streets are the social constructs we have implemented.

The only reason women are not rape dolls is because of the social constructs we have implemented.

The only reason the biggest and strongest don't simply get to take what they want is because of the social construct we have implemented.

FUCK WOMEN FUCK LIBERALS

Social constructivism represents some of the most lazy scholarship in the modern university, that must be why they love it

Yep, this had to come up eventually. The delusions start to conflict with hard scientific data, so fuck science. This is Arab tier logic, btw. When they say shit, it doesn't mean its a fact, its what they want to be facts. We are here now too. Prepare for ME quality of life too.

sage this dumb thread
this is older than OP

What's the end game to this?

memes?

>deconstructing everything for easy academia gibs

Academia is such a cancer thats why the cool things happen in the private industry

>Right wingers are just too ignorant and stupid to realize that so many elements of society are simply social constructs. You fuckers are the definition of bluepilled.

"everything is a social construct" is literally the same critical theory/relativistic bullshit meme as

>"well thats just like your opinion, man" - the big lebowski
or
>"there is no spoon" - the matrix
if 'everything is a social construct' then isn't the act of pointing it out every time, just wasted time, stating the obvious? whether or not something is a social construct does not change the reality of its existence or refute its validity.

anyone studying any modern day derivative of critical theory is literally paying for an education in useless rhetorical whatabout-ism

They're not social constructs because they developed due to our biological instincts.

so, the weather and global warming are bullshit eh? i KNEW IT!

>if 'everything is a social construct' then isn't the act of pointing it out every time, just wasted time, stating the obvious? whether or not something is a social construct does not change the reality of its existence or refute its validity.
yes. no we have maor wasted time, thanks user..
>philosophy-is-hard.jpg

>lmao just become trans-gravitational and fly dude

When you cant win against facts, just try to undermine the authority of facts by indoctrinating people into thinking facts are negotiable and should probably be disregarded—especially if they come from white men.

peer review and publicly verifiable evidence are now social constructs

ok fine

Lurk more faggot. Read up on the Antonio Gramsci's Prison Notebooks and the Frankfurt School's Cultural Marxism, And Coudenhove Kalergi's Practical Idealism. The end game plan has been available for all to know for 100 years. Adolf Hitler knew, so check out Mein Kampf for some counter-signal

Women were a mistake

> Scientific facts are a social construct
Doesn't that mean that this statement is also a social construct? Or do they not consider what they are doing science?

Can't have it both ways.

This

Give me a definition of scientific fact that isn't social.
*sips tea*

Women in College summed up in an image

Teaching women to read was a mistake.

Isn't this just babby tier Stirner and Wittgenstein though?

everything that we are thinking of is a construction since we think in abstract terms

but aligning our abstract thoughts with the scientific method to understand the world is what makes it different from ones with weak basis

Calling killing all Leftists 'mass murder' is just a social construct

>that pic
I've seen a few photoshops in my day...

This makes perfect sense, given who's teaching it.

"Scientific evidence shows that if you weigh 300 pounds, you are less likely to be healthy."

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Healthy at any size!!!!

kys

what's that, a claim about right and wrong, and true and false?
social constructs, honey!

>facts are a social construct

Not even a Nazi but we should gas chamber these people

>This is Arab tier logic, btw. When they say shit, it doesn't mean its a fact, its what they want to be facts.
and because allah said so through muhammad and whoever's interpreting the sacred texts

but they embrace that
they just pretend their social constructs are more virtuous because they fight oppresshun

kek rekt

So "95% of scientists say global warming is true" is even more BTFO, this time from the exact sort of people who support Global warming to begin with.

The social construction of the social construct, is a social construction of the social construct.

Anyone else notice how the people who refer to things as "social constructs" are the same people who have literally never constructed anything that benefits the society in which they live?

benefits to the society are a social construct
your argument is a social construct

SJWs have already declared the science of human biology to be a thought crime. It's only a matter of time before all scientific advancement in the West is banned via forced diversity.

Nice post

Global warming is real, just as global cooling was real a few decades ago. And neither was anthropogenic.

The laws of physics are also social constructs. Being a social construct doesn't make them any less true.

I honestly like that there are multiple threads with the same pattern:

>1 post by this ID
>294 replies

and everyone is arguing about basically nothing.

Most anons on Sup Forums are proverbally Ricks thinking they're immune to stupidity etc. - but throw them a thread like

>"how can/do we fix xy?"
>"xy hate thread"
>"what did he/she mean by this?"
>"dare I say he/she is /our xy/ ?"
>"what's his/her problem?"
>"why do you hate xy?”
>”is xy finished?”
>”really makes you think”
>”he/she is right you know"

(bonus points for “Lauren Southern / Jordan Peterson / random ‘e-celeb’ defamation threads)

and you'll get even worse than Jerry. You don't even realize that those threads are posted EVERY DAY almost EVERY HOUR and you still reply like the goldfishbrains that you honestly are.

Most of you are just arrogant idiots that only like to put other people down solely for their flag. You just want to derail threads of anons only because some shill posted one of those threads listed above before, ripping on your flag, so you feel obligated to vindicate yourself or give back to a flag that ripped on (you), and of course because you don't have anything substantial to say.

Burgers are the worst: they dish out at anyone, but since shills made the "le 56% face" meme they get something of their own medicine and every other asshole is quick to jump on the bandwagon, to “show them burgers”...

all the while the shariablue and university of southern california shills are rubbing their hands laughing at you, because they got what they wanted -> a distraught/distracted userbase

inb4 Sup Forums was always shit

disitengration of the host civilization, something akin to the roman empire. we will break up, with some geographic regions tending towards communal, relativist thinking such as in OP. other geographic regions will tend towards more objective morality, will be more "conservative", have more emphasis on "traditional" values and conservation of defined culture. in the US this can be thought of as states rights, however it won't necessarily go along state lines.

Wtf i love science

>implying psychology is evidence-based

>Your children will see the rise of Ceasar's Legion, the NPR and the Brotherhood of Steel.

Well it could be worse. They could be Enclave as well.

My best guess for why people like this exist is that they are upset because no one cares about their crackpot theories, or treats gender studies seriously. I have worked on research with multiple female professors (in STEM) and none of them have experienced anything like the description given in the link. People would treat their research and 'femenine cognitive styles' better if they actually accomplished something.

digits of truth

Well they're not wrong, but it's easily misleading if taken out of the context. People used to think planets revolved around the Earth. People used to think the Earth was flat.

>Scientific facts are social constructs

Prove it, bitch.

This is actually fairly telling of our educational system:

"There is no truth, except our lies"

People are PAYING professors to teach them, and the professes are telling them "There is nothing to learn"

E=mc2 as a sexed equation because it privileges the speed of light over other speeds that are vitally necessary to us. - Luce Irigaray

Checkmate.

oy vey, the chosen people need to be the victim

>(((weinstein)))

its true though
this is also true

everything is a social construct other than your own personal experience of existance

i should add everything is also a meme. it would be impossible to communicate in non memes since there would be no shared frame of reference

the entire world is socially constructed memes

Don't be gay. Now's not the time.

The left really are crazy

This. Suburban and rural retards need to get with the rest of the civilized world and understand that only the feelings of the oppressed are the universal truth.

>that so many elements of society are simply social constructs

>society is a social construct

Who'd have thunk it... 'Scientific facts' is hardly synonymous to 'society' though, user...

Assess the situation:
>80% chance he'll miss.
>100% chance his passenger will lose all hearing out of his right ear.
Continues to follow.

When water reaches boiling point, it vaporises.

>Sup Forums
>right wing
Being this new.

The answer to 1984 is...

Fe2O3 + 2Al -> 2Fe + Al2O3
The more reactive aluminium displaces Iron to form molten iron and aluminium oxide, this is called a displacement reaction.

Did anyone ask the Iron how is feels being displaced?

Fucking critical theory, just proves kike think tanks have all been leading up to this moment.

Feminism is pure kikery

this is something that bothers me. facts are dangerous because they let people who dont actually understand something think they know what they are talking about. Most people do not properly understand what a fact is. They take it to be a synonym for truth, but you can not derive truth empirically.

>The more reactive aluminium displaces Iron to form molten iron and aluminium oxide, this is called a displacement reaction.

I don't understand what any of that means, but displacement reaction sounds inherently racist, patriarchal and exclusionairy to me. I think I'm going to pursue a career in feminst epistemology and write a book on the subject.. Pls donate to my Gofundme and subscribe to Patreon. If you don't you're a fascist.

>a distraught/distracted userbase
but is it really this if we had a meaningful discussion or argument about a given topic?

>1 post by this ID
>294 replies

While this might tend to suggest a shill thread it could also just be someone genuinely wanting to have a thread about something. does their lack of participation automatically imply shill slide threads? i would argue it depends on the topic

> those threads are posted EVERY DAY almost EVERY HOUR and you still reply like the goldfishbrains that you honestly are

Ideas are popularity contests, you have to repeat them often for them to grow, and like pokemon, you have to battle them against other ideas. They're also like the lottery, because only a few of the thousands people have will breach the common rhetoric, even of an insulated website like this

>and you'll get even worse than Jerry.

>using rick and memey analogies

And the worst part is you don't even understand the characters you're using as a vehicle to deliver your point

Can someone please link to something that lays out precisely what they mean by:

1) A social construct.

and

2) How science is supposedly one?

This is obviously one of those "its a social construct unless I agree with it types". We all know everyone in that room would agree that global warming is a scientific fact, but then disagree if it was called a social construct. But apparently all facts are constructs now unless we agree with said fact politically.

Hope you guys understood why nazis burned books in their time now.

Just look up critical theory and the frankfurt schol and you'll see the ridiculous kikery that this is.

Basically 'it's just the scientist's social viewpoint on what's happening, not a fact'

Meh, weak bait. 4/10
Have a (you) for effort though

You’re getting a (you) just to spite the guy above you. It’s funnier to call him a faggot this way. I’m sure you understand.

yeah, because no-arguments
they where as anti-intelectual as they come
its not that hard to argue with this type of thinking dude, burning books is too authoritarian, so im not really suprised

And definitions for words are arbitrary, doesn't mean you get to dictate how people perceive or respond to these "Constructs" and ideas. Gravity is a social construct, now go jump off a bridge and test it out.

Read what Plato actually said about women on "The Republic" and enjoy.

kys

Reductio ad absurdum is a valid form of argument.

Feminism is social construct.

i*hbar*d(psi)/dt = -[(hbar^2)/2*m]*del^2(psi)

The Earth is round.