Was he really such a bad ruler? Besides the whole "take over the world" part...

Was he really such a bad ruler? Besides the whole "take over the world" part, how was his reign not a massive improvement to those that came before him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o58Q9mp-IUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He introduces the loli system, by which only little girls were allowed to take up positions of power anymore. So I think he was alright.

He literally enslaved his entire empire.

It doesn't matter because it was part of the keikaku anyway.

To be fair, we do not actually know how britain actually operated practically speaking for the average citizen.
For all we know, the idea of progress through competition that Charles promoted was actually realized in the conquered nations that weren't riddled with terrorist cells.

Ultimately a ruler's actions are not measured by a popularity contest, but rather by the test of time.

>but rather by the test of time.
Which is a popularity contest.

He probably gave no fucks about civilian casualties as long as he destroyed anyone who even dared to point a gun his way. Since he was trying to play the bad guy anyway, he probably exaggerated all the horrors of war he ordered.

Doesn't take much for people to consider him a bad ruler at that point.

He did it all for his sister, but later he was actually being to like the thoughts of being an emperor. Charles genes probably kicked in, and made him lust for power.

but later he actually liked the thoughts*

i wonder if the new code geass will cover the fact that the world power blocks of the code geass is in the hands of teenage girls

Lelouch was just pretending to do it for her sake.
He always did it for his own sake/vengeance.

>but later he was actually being to like the thoughts of being an emperor.

No he didn't. It was all an act in order to draw humanity's hate towards himself.

He killed entire families for saying anything bad about him.

They're secretly controlled by the Jews ( Schneizel and Suzaku)

Nunally crying over his body still hurts

>britain
*Britannia
The UK in CG is still the irrelevant, deindustrialized shitstain it is today.

Didn't the EU get conquered by suzaku off-screen between S1 and S2?

youtube.com/watch?v=o58Q9mp-IUI

No, Suzaku only took Portugal, Spain and technically France since they naturally surrendered.

It was sad the first time

But the more I reflect about the ending the less effective that ending is and the more I find the plan to be stupid.

I watched it like 6 times by now at least, and cried every single time.
That whole sequence was simply amazing, it's probably as close to "perfect" as was possible.

And now they throw that to trash with R3.

Feel free to not watch it and pretend it doesn't exist.

Lelouch isn't the main character, I think at most he might show up once or twice from what i've heard.

Literal retard

Citation needed

most monarchy rulers are generally shit. Lelouch is on the more brutal end of the spectrum due to his desire for vengeance and how quickly he had to move to realize his plans, but even taking into consideration that he intended a better future for humanity for the sake of his sister, that doesn't stop the fact that he killed many, many people in order to do so.

And I doubt people would want his sister on the throne after what he did.

>it's probably as close to "perfect" as was possible.
for the series, yes, however, it's a good scene trapped in a retarded series.

you are gay.

yeah, it was weird that they still let the family rule the country.

Country? I thought she ruled the world

The UFN does rule the world I think.

He literally had her in chains and was bringing her to be executed, and she was working against him beforehand.
They probably explained away her crying when he died through shock and stress and such.

>Charles fucked up the world expect for Britannia
>Lelouch fucked up everything
>Schnizel nuked Pendragon
>Clovis genocided innocents
>Euphy genocided innocents
>Nunnaly nuked people many times
There is no way they would have let the family rule anything at all.

Clovis's massacre wasn't really publicized, and Nunnally only nuked military, and they had no way of knowing that she was pulling the trigger.

Still they would ban the family, politics are a beast. Just one bad apple is enough for people to hate the family.

my sources say its a alt universe were black knight's did not betrayed him

Yeah but there is a reason why the revolution forces killed the entire French and Russian royal family

That is pretty hilarious, actually, even if you consider that some of these things are probably not known to the average Joe.

There's no way people would tear down a despotic monarchy that's been quarreled over by this dynasty of trigger-happy maniacs and then install someone, not only from that very same family, but an actual sibling to the last wacko you've just happily seen ghosted, as the bone-fide ruler of the world. The only way you can spin it is that they all were so firmly on Zero's dick after he iced Lelouch that they went along with this shit, but even then, no one would realistically rely on the word of a dude in a mask.

Was he really such a bad ruler? Besides the whole "take over Europe" part, how was his reign not a massive improvement to those that came before him?

People revere ZR as if it is something really good but I think it was shit in the end. It was heroic of Lelouch to kill himself for the sake of the world and people liked this but objectively it was just bad.

He is Empire was neither holy nor Brittanian nor an empire

Fuck you, zettai ryouki is godsend.

Are you trying to be funny?

Except it's proven to work in the real world, at least the genuine variant. We can't go three days without having Hitler mentioned in some way.

meme philosopher

When the fuck has it worked in real life? Soviet and USA where barley able to keep themselves from a nuclear war and we had plenty of wars ever sense the second world War ended

>Was he really such a bad ruler?
Yes, that was literally his entire plan.

mad kraut

Hating on Hitler is a meme, especially when his mein kampf was a best seller pretty much everywhere.
Dictator of the past becomes something like an idol in the modern times, after all.
And modern nazis win the elections in the west nowadays as well.

Also conflict is a part of the human nature so even if you stop fighting for a while, you end up doing it again.

ZR was a mistake.

I can't remember, but didn't Lelouch give the 11's back their independence?

That was Schneizel in exchange for Zero

>When the fuck has it worked in real life?
It worked for Europe. There haven't been any wars between European countries and Europe is spreading its asscheeks for refugees around the world to give them a good dicking. Meanwhile, people are guild tripping themselves just for being born white and people are afraid that acknowledging the problems that come with inviting masses of uncontrolled people make them worse than Hitler.

The EU idea came around and was successful but that doesn't really mean there wasn't any conflict. Like how the UK got the fuck out of the union just because they didn't want the burden the migrant problem.

>There haven't been any wars between European countries and Europe
The Yugoslavian war you dumb ass

Learn to read dumbass.

Lelouch tossed dissidents off Knightmares into the middle of the ocean. True story.

feelsbadman when your country is one of these 3. (Portugal)

>Black Knights actually believed this
>actually believed Schenizel would hold up his end of the bargain once Zero was killed
Jesus Christ, those niggers. No wonder they were pretty much ineffectual before Lelouch came into the picture.

>No wonder they were pretty much ineffectual before Lelouch came into the picture
And once he left the picture

Going to be interesting to see how he goes about getting anything done in R3 with the entire world considering him worse than Hitler. I could see him either using another disguise like Zero or working behind the shadows this time around.

That whole sequence was awful.

They just witnessed the enemy nuke half of Tokyo, and they wind up allowing an enemy plane carrying one of those nukes to land on their command ship, and are willing to negotiate with him simply because he said "Yeah, well, I didn't really want to use the nuke"

He was terrible. Only Gino Thundercock has the girth to rule the world. I bet Gino would be able to fuck Kallen, Milly and Nunnally 100 times daily and still have time to rule the Empire.

>There haven't been any wars between European countries and Europe

What is Georgia?

He always did it for her sister. The difference is that at the beginning he pretended to make his revange and live along in peace with her. After he realise it won't be peace after only his revange, so it wasn't enough. So he made the "Zero Requiem" keikaku:
1) to make himself ruler of the world,
2) What anons say here3) Make Nunnally seems like a victim (so that she can be safe for suspects for being the sister of evil emperor Lulu)
4) Get killed by Zero/Suzaku
5) And now we could say it: activate his Code, and get the fuck away the public/politic scenario fucking with best girl for eternity

stale meme

I share his/her opinion

It worked for Japan too (or better to say, it stopped Japan)

Yugoslavian war was something different. It was not the outcome of the inutility of agreements after WWII. It was not the invasion of one country over other rather the split of one nation.