Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/px7FFMOTtyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

love and marriage
love and marriage
go together like a horse and carriage
THIS

Looks like a thumbnail.

how is that conveyed in the words "how disgusting"?

I can't tell if she's more disgusted with herself or with him.

because of the hivemind of instrumentality she found out shinji fapped to her comatose body

i doubt it, asuka has probably masturbated to shinji dozens of times, she's only close to like 2 males.

Why would Shinji become a woman's shoe salesman?

Who would he sell them to in the post-Instrumentality world?

Who makes the shoes?

>create a world of isolation because he feels he doesn't deserve love of companionship
>subconsciously creates a companion because he is weak and can't stand living/dying alone
>upon seeing that he basically just inserted Asuka, his main tormentor, a character who doesn't bullshit him with flowery poetic to feed his ego, he engages murder protocol
>such a pussy that just because he was shown a brief kindness through physical, he cancels murder.exe
>he is at this point God+Adam
>still doesn't have the balls to go through with his desires, because he still believes he's human, and has human falacy
>he's just as pathetic as he was before becoming God

Ommedito.jpeg

I once caught a fish thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big!

Hot. Think she did it when she snuck into his bed?

>shown a brief kindness through physical
i think this shows more about Asuka then anything, the fact that she shows kindness to Shinji and then reverts back to her usual self is like the opposite of Shinji showing aggression towards Asuka by strangling her and then reverting to his usual self.

>tfw eva makes me try to be a psychologist but it is a meme college for girls

Well you also need to understand that the only reason she showed kindness was because she was an amalgamation of 3 or 4 characters, creating Eve. The outward appearance of Asuka, the warmth of rei, the love of his mother, as well as Misato. Asuka may be the predominant personality, but rei/misato/his mother are also in there. She's technically a separate character made from his desperation. He made it so best girl won - all of them

You can still read about it in your free time.

>the warmth of rei
That's just a bullshit theory I put together as a joke on a cold day. No, it's the real Asuka. No one else would say how disgusting.

it is the real asuka
asuka is the entithesis of shinji
Asuka thinks everyone is wrong for doing harm to her
Shinki thinks everyone is right for doing harm to him
they complete each other

Try, try, try to separate them
It's an illusion
Try, try, try, and you will only come
To this conclusion

anno's a retarded hack what else is new

You're interesting. Let's talk.

so Asuka is best girl after all?

Always and forever.

This scenes means so much, dude, it's literally the meaning of Eva, literally all of the series can be shrieked into this particular scene, it's powerful. It's Hegel's master-slave dilemma representation, it's an end to the struggle of two hedgehogs who were unable to connect yet wanted to, it may even be Asuka's strangle fetish (which is absolutely retarded) or Asuka as a combination of people (which is absolutely retarded too because AT field), it may be a representation of Sartre's meaning of life, it can be anything. For me it's an end to the most dramatic existential crisis and e greatest love story ever told.

youtu.be/px7FFMOTtyM

This song is wonderful

Asuka is mad because Kaji left her

Manga isn't cannon

Shinji would rather live in that hell where he's in conflict with another human than go to a safe space where he never has to deal with anyone. He's accepting the human condition

Rei is love

i'd fuck the shit out of that asuka though

Shut up nerd

of course

While the Rebuilds have stablished their own canon, the official NGE manga of Sadamoto explains the very same story as the anime, but in a different way.

The fact you don't like it doesn't make it less canonical than the anime. Please, think it twice before making such a statement.

I honestly can't understand what kind of idiot would call this a "romantic scene".

Leaving aside the fact that Evangelion is not a love story, how could anyone possibly consider Asuka is "tenderly caressing" Shinji, as some nerds of EvaGeeks usually state? Please, look at her face; I think it's pretty far from being a love expression.

NGE is a tragic story, not romantic. Unless one has that in mind, it's common to misunderstand everything in the series, and end up believing characters "love" each other (they're 14 years old, by the way). Some people should stop reading rubbish asushin doujins and realize Evangelion is more complex than that.

Kawoshin is not canon, Shinji's straight

I'm afraid you have mistaken me for someone else (maybe those KxS fujoshis of other threads). By no means have I said Kawoshin is canon. I'm not a shipper of any couple, since I don't believe Evangelion is about the love for others, but for oneself.

That dude is just a closet homo who can't stop thinking about Kaworu x Shinji, ignore him.

I've heard it explained as Asuka realizing her own faults in Shiinji. He rejects instrumentality, and to confirm that people are again separate from each other, he hurts Asuka to see her reaction. Asuka recognizes that she has constantly been doing the same to everyone around her. Even though she craved attention, she was a huge bitch to most everyone she interacted with.

I must say I agree with you.

I find it equally disgusting to read people making up things to make Evangelion look like a sweet romance between Asuka and Shinji, than those who are obsessed with Kaworu and his ephemeral appearance.

I would say trying to explain Evangelion through couple ships is a terrible mistake.

Visual character design aside, I don't think anyone can succesfully argue that Asuka is not a deeper character than Rei. This makes her better in my book, even if I initially preferred the design of Rei.

This.
Rei was an unfortunate subject to a lot of lazy writing in the show. She felt rushed and sloppily put together.

Asuka on the other hand didn't feel like a character, she felt like a real person. As if she wasn't a member of a show, but a human of flesh. It was astounding how impactful some of her scenes were. A truly fantastic character.
She's my favorite after Kaworu.

A thread asking people to explain Evangelion pops up monthly, if not weekly, and I still don't understand it. It's just too smart for my tiny brain.

It's not smart, you're just dumb.

ITT: People who have never experienced love try to explain it, or try to explain it away.
You guys are worse than the blind people and the elephant.

It's about depression, interpersonal relationships and the hedgehog's dilemma, which the show even mentions to you.

Eva is all about relationships and learning to understand each other, so of course the lonely faggots at Sup Forums who argue with each other nonstop would never understand it.

Death of the author, user.

i don't even want evangelion explained, its fairly simple but the last line from eoe got me because it seemed so random, i think i understand it now though.

nice digits

Not canon, baised material
Shinji's sexual attraction to women is canon

And so is his sexual attraction to men.

Maybe it's better to not understand it too much. It might (not) mean you've never been through something similar.

>ever since we saved the world
>directly responsible for killing literally everyone
gg shitji

Eva isn't even hard to understand.
As long as you've talked to people in your life, you should be able to relate to it on some level.

It's truly the Anime for normalfags, though.

Rebuild isn't canon and he was just embrassed

Bisexuality exists. But it doesn't really matter, whether Shiji's feelings for Kaworu were platonic or romantic is basically semantics, the impact it had on Shinji is the same either way.

>Rebuild isn't canon

This.
Though Anno confirmed it was romantic and sexual.

He didn't kill anyone, though. Rei indirectly made them exist in a different way than before because he wanted to kill them but they're still technically alive. He actually brought everyone who had ever died back from the dead to live in the LCL sea.

>third impact LITERALLY KILLS EVERYONE ON THE PLANET AND LEAVES IT A BARREN WASTELAND
>they are still alive in the LCL sea
this helps shitji's case how?

No he didn't.

Yes, he did.

God, that must have led to some awkward scenes when people started to rematerialize.
>We are the emperor of France
>No, we are the emperor of France
>No, we are the emperor of France
>I am citizen Robespierre
>Get him. Off with his head!

As I mainly see it, it's about Shinji and Asuka's struggle to connect, which we see throughout the series with them and other characters as well. Their relationship is the most complex one in the series, question of whether she loves him or not (I think the term "love" in this case is usually taken negatively by people, who look at it from one side). What's funny, you don't really need to definitely decide if she loves him as a woman loves a man (although it's stupid to assume this, they are barely teenagers, still children, confused and all), you need to concentrate on their inability to understand each other at least a bit. We see Asuka's attempts to approach him sexually, she tries to kiss him to see if there's any connection, if he wants to hold her and she's utterly disappointed, she takes it really bad. Her attempts to make him act like a man (like he did in ep. 10, remember her reaction) are failures. That's the struggle. And his attempts to approach her (ep. 22) are failures as well. Asuka aggressively protects her from others, Shinji does so passively.
That's the Beaty of the last scene. People who subconsciously wanted to understand each other and help themselves finally manage to do so. Even though the World is destroyed, there's still hope for happiness as long as you live. One of the main themes of the show is hope, hope that even people who can't stand each other will bring down their barriers and understand each other and work together to survive and they WILL survive and they WILL find happiness. This was represented in episode 7, which was accused of being a filler episode by people who don't get Eva at all. Remember the password for the Jet Alone? That's right.
Anno's a genius

Prove it

Can dead people be brought back to life in the LCL soup? I mean since Asuka technically died, and yet she shows up in the end with bandages in her wounds, does that mean that Misato or all the other dead people can come back to life if their will to form was strong enough?

You shouldn't expect anything else from trash like EVA and japan. Seriously Eva is a garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in waifu faggotry and NEUROSIS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The broken, angsty characters all trying their hardest to hide from their mental issues, the SYMBOLISM, peculiar, complex machinery, the whole Freudian faggotry and everything about the Evangelion world fuels their fantasies of being a patrician, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on guilt tripping, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underage retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

I already have.

It's about a manchild who lives in a big robots fantasy world and refuse to grow up. Japan have a big problems with these people wand they try to get rid of the american democracy to start the extermination of the weaboos. You know the reason why Sup Forums hate Evangelion is because it told them how worthless pieces of shit they are. Evangelion should be the last anime you watch. If you still watch anime after that then shoot you in the head.

>Their relationship is the most complex one in the series
Is this a fucking joke? They only have interaction for like 5 episodes in the series.

Misato and Shinji's relationship is the one given the most focus, it's the most complex and important.

Results just came in. I regret to inform you it was legitimately too deep for you.

Shinji choked Asuka to see if she would accept him back even if he would end up hurting her

Shinji rejected the global orange juice because he believed that happiness can come through your acceptance of others even if harm may come in the future. It's how you work through these hardships that defines your happiness with your friends.

Therefore, by choking Asuka, Shinji is getting an immediate answer to whether Asuka could possibly accept him as a friend despite all odds. Asuka responds by caressing his cheek softly thereby affirming that she'll accept Shinji and telling herself that she's "disgusted" by her own actions, not Shinji's.

Basically, it's Shinji's question to the Hedgehog dilllema whereby two hedgehogs wishes to be friends but ends up hurting each other in the process of getting too close.

The orange goop that everyone gets sucked into is basically just everyone saying they'd rather live happily by becoming a singular entity than experiencing hardships from the interaction among other people.

I'd watch hers.

>Eva is a garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization
>Akira isn't

tl;dr

Sup Forums doesn't have Eva though, in fact they love it and praise it as the greatest anime series ever made so everything you said with the exception of Japan's problem is complete bullshit.
Also learn how to speak before posting long comments like these

Akira is kino

Its only merit is the animation

That interpretation is exactly what I defined as asushin garbage before. Again, please take a look at Asuka's expression when she "softly caresses" his face. If that face expresses acceptance or love to you, it means there's something wrong with your idea of love.

As for her last sentence, I'm not sure how you ended up considering she says it for her own faults. It's well-known that Miyamura Yuko thought that sentence when asked by Anno how she would react having in front of her someone who had masturbated to her comatose body.

Also, it's also logical to think Asuka said "Kimochi Warui" because she realizes Shinji is the same crybay as during the whole series, and thus, it would show again her extreme disappointment by Shinji's lack of courage and manliness, which is a recurrent idea throughout the whole series.

>asushin
You have to go back.

>denying an entire scene because you deny a ship

??????????????????

Succ me bro

Let's hear your interpretation then. Why does Asuka cares Shinji?

Kawoshit isn't canon

No, wrong. Asuka was scarred that Shinji might kill her.

What does that have to do with me post?
You're obsessed with shipping.

Better that than making up what happens there to fit it into your ship.

If you know better what Asuka's last sentence means than her own voice actress, then I'm glad for you, but that's just your imagination.

That may work for fandom doujins, but not for a serious analysis.

cause she sees her fragile self which she tries to hide desperately in shinji's actions making her angry about him but even more about her since she knows they're not different at all
truly hating him would mean truly hating herself

Shinji chokes asuka because he's literally the biggest fucking faggot in all of anime and after his mental breakdown he found it impossible to distinguish between what was reality and what wasn't, so he ended up choking asuka perhaps in an attempt to finish what he started in one of his mind-scenes but gave up because he's a massive faggot and can't make up his mind.

Asuka is confused if anything, and probably still hates his guts.

She does hate herself.

not *truly* if she really did she would've killed herself, she hates her self but not so much to give up on herself and by extention she doesn't give up on shinji

She did try to kill herself. In episode 24.
And she does sincerely hate herself.

You don't know shit about Asuka.

not eating and hiding isn't trying to kill yourself, she was just too depressed since she had just learned that the only person she truly admires was dead and she will never get acceptance by this person (kaiji)
it is easir to chase a dream than comfronting reality, but at that time her dream was finally gone

From my point of view, Asuka showed she could feel pain, and thus, she's alive. It's not Instrumentality anymore.

Of course, there are lots of interpretations, and you might have a different a different, and that's perfectly legit. But you might also agree with me that it's ridiculous to see the whole scene from a romantic point of view.

Asuka is disgusting.

delet this

Not even Asuka figured out how to Asuka, user.

She slit her writs you faggot