Manga scanlation

What are you reading/translating/typesetting at the moment?
What are you working on?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=137329
may.2chin.net/b/悪魔のメムメムちゃん
myanimelist.net/manga/102106/Ryoko
jii.moe/Sk7fENlUx.rar
kireicake.com/apply/
bato.to/comic/_/comics/tsuru-tsuru-to-zara-zara-no-aida-r11914
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thank you to whoever decided to pick up Saru lock.

Doesn't look like she is from Sup Forums

I still throw it out there just in case.

To the bookwalker script guy - here's a few reasons I could think of why they're banning you:

- Timing between page requests - this one is obvious, the requests shouldn't be too quick in succession, you should also try introducing some random delays to make it look like someone is flipping the pages
- Useragent and HTTP headers - also obvious, by default Python sends its own useragent with no other headers which makes it dead obvious a script is being used. Try to make requests look like a real browser, with cookies, referers and everything.
- Other requests - when you use a real browser, every time you open the reader you download bunch of shit like scripts, images and stylesheets, they could detect scripts by searching for requests that suspiciously don't download any of that and just go straight for the license request and images instead. In this case remember about HTTP headers as well.

Is Hinamatsuri still being scanlated?

Last time I checked, it still gets live translations on Sup Forums, but typesetters keep disappearing, allegedly "dragged off to the rape dungeon".

Is it true korean and chinese scanlations of jump series come out earlier than public raws?

Where have you been in the past year?

Yes, it's either digital rip or getting the magazine very earlier.

I don't follow these series, asking out of curiosity

Yeah but my typesetters keep disappearing on me. So like, I think 62's done here. I dunno about 60 or 61. Should I upload 62?

Is there anyone here who would like to finish up Mitsukubi Condor?
I have six chapters that need to be finished up for the rest of the series. My group can translate up to chapter 10, but after that scanlations are going to stop if we don't get a Japanese translator.

Is there a translation for the 60? If there is too much redraw to do, i can probably typeset it.

>What are you working on?
That one project that you're always worried about someone else stealing from you before you get a chance to do it.

Jump series?

I feel that.

>someone else stealing from you before you get a chance to do it
If the quality of the release is good and you haven't wasted any time on it yet, I don't see the issue.

It's in archives somewhere. I should look at the script again

How dare you

>start working on something
>yen press buys the rights to it two weeks later
>two volumes translated
>typesetter gives up on life
Of course that one fucking project I hate won't get picked up ever though.

Even if there was a site where people posted what they were working on to prevent this, people would troll by posting things they aren't actually doing.

That's pretty much what Baka-Tsuki does already.
Do they have problems with this? I don't really pay much attention to anything besides Kino.

Better than someone implying they might be thinking of stealing something from you and there's nothing you can do about it because they have earlier raws so you just have to wait and see.

>stealing
Aren't you stealing from the mangaka?

That's why you stop doing it if it gets licensed.

Tis merely advertising the manga for when it eventually gets licensed. They should be happy that people work so hard on their behalf for nothing in return.

People still scanalate the later chapter even if it's licenced + getting licensed in amurica =/= getting licensed in the word.

Licensed in America = licensed in English. You want translations in the language of whatever third-world country you live in that can't get shipments from Amazon or Bookdepsitory, do them yourself.

>Licensed in America = licensed in English
>implying it means something beyond "licensed in USA"
Doesn't stop other publishers from other english-speaking countries to license and translate on their own and vice-versa.

I always work (or try to start) on some bullshit that no one besides me cares about.

It's still an official English release regardless of the country it's published in, so once it's out there's no reason for people to be scanlating it in English.

Yeah, because all english people live in murica.

Looking for a proofreader to help me with Rengoku no Karma. Anyone?

Anybody for this succubus (meme) manga?
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=137329

What is good about it?

You found it?

Funny stuff, here's 2chan threads about it : may.2chin.net/b/悪魔のメムメムちゃん

>tfw trying to learn Japanese so I can scanlate obscure things for people and also myself but also trying to learn Italian while also dealing with major family and money problems with seemingly no end in sight
This is gonna take a while isn't it?

We could need another translator, typesetter and/or cleaner - if you're interested in cute girls and vehicles (cars, bikes) feel free to hit us up.

#[email protected]

Some user works on Asahinagu right now (first time since 2012), just for your information.

Are there any major nuisances that translators can run into or is their job mostly free of having to put up with shit like cleaners and redrawers do?

People asking for translations of anisong lyrics

Stuff no one cares about

fag

SFX

No, only 62 and 59

>Unclear subject/object from pronoun (or lack thereof).
>Wordplay, colloquialisms, accents, tone/characterization through word choice
>Made-up terms
>The final phrasing is cemented by the typesetter, but translators should still pay attention to keeping it succinct enough to fit into the bubble.
There's probably more. Translating still feels like less of a grind than scanning/cleaning/redrawing, but it's not always easy breezy lala land.

>Sup Forums
Not being a fag

Whats is the hardest part of being a translator?

any one care to pick up this?

myanimelist.net/manga/102106/Ryoko

you can find both raw and translation online

The constant self-doubt and dread of mistranslating anything.

Dealing with the immense amount of money, fame and pussy being thrown at me.

Do you go back and read your earlier translated works and cringe at what you did?

The typesetter who sees the ever-growing folder of translations but doesn't typeset them

I don't need to lower my self-esteem any more than it already is.

Oh huh. Gimme a minute.

Raws and TL (Well, needs some editing but I can look at it again after you're done.)
jii.moe/Sk7fENlUx.rar

Does anyone use proofreading software? It doesn't seem like there's a lot out there so I'm wondering if there's anything that's considered the go-to choice.

>Pick up one of those manga that I think is unpopular but is actually very popular
>Get very excited about it, complete translation in one night
>Do first chapter, release only to Sup Forums (the right thing to do but not the smart thing to do)
>Person offers to typeset for me, I say yes
>Some fuckass Tumblr group does the same story and the quality is ASS
>They end up finishing it while my typesetter never gets it done

ASS
COMPLETE ASS

>made up terms
The absolute worst.

Complete newfag to this, got a manga from the psp/ps2 game Tokobot+ / Karakuri

what do?

>Then, 20 chapters later, the made-up term is involved in wordplay or pseudo-science that would have made significantly more sense if you had translated it differently.
Every fucking time.

Kanji puns

>comedy manga
>there's a joke based around some super elaborate pun or obscure cultural reference that goes on for several pages
>can't translate to English, even explaining the joke would take a full page's worth of text

fuck

Oh god please no. Even stuff like
>I just did this chapter last week
is full of cringe even though at the time of proofreading I thought it was fine.

Waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat realizing you translated something wrong months ago.

How could I find somebody willing to work on something that only needs translation and typesetting(because it's already on a japanese manga site)?

Dump here or maybe ask around in mangahelpers/jcafe.
Listing what you're able to contribute is a big bonus.

Jcafe is still a thing? wew

I will finish it by Friday.

I don't really know, since I've never browsed it much, but the site's still around, at the very least.

Was anyone looking at Vanilla Spider, Onikujo, and/or Shoujo Kidan Makora?

I'm looking for RAWs for Kono Subarashii sekai ni bakueon wo. This is serialized in Comic Alive and I need the January and February issues but I can't find it anywhere.

A while ago a kind user gave me a link where he was posting various magazines wich one of those was Comic Alive, but he deleted the link. I wonder if he's still here.

I scanned Vanilla Spider, only to learn that the guy has a Japanese-Korean-English script. So I said that he should find a TL-checker as well. So, maybe.

Otherwise I am still scanning stuff that no one cares about. I scanned a partial anthology of Mitsuhashi Otoya's Garo-era stuff. I have to scan Eko Eko Azarak v02 next, then maybe Harta or a Tani Hiroji anthoogy after.

>I am still scanning stuff that no one cares about
I care, I just can't read it (need to stop being lazy and just learn already)

Still here my man, I accidentally fucked up the link while fixing some other stuff, but I made a new one that won't break.
Swing by #teammoe on rizon again and I'll give it to you.

Man, you're a life savior. Thank you.

I actually had to do research on Kawakami Otojirou the other day. There was a joke made using "oppekepe" and it turned into a half-hour long research session. It was interesting.

For a different manga by the same author, I had to look up a bunch of words in Okayama-ben and then try to explain the country-bumpkin-ness of it all, and then look up some comedian guy.

It's fun to read about but hell to explain.

>the pun spans the entire chapter

I feel really bad for the guy who had to do this one.

The hair are the worst thing to redraw fuck, it takes forever.

Don't forget hands and ears.

I... plan to.

I translated full color raws of vento aureo and then someone stole my hard drive

If anyone is wondering about Vanilla Spider, I'm currently preoccupied with 4 other projects.
So, I have the scripts that he mentioned (JP > KOR> ENG) but it'll be a while before I can make time to proofread it. So if anyone wants said scripts to typeset themselves, please let me know.

anyone who needs a redrawer?

How many chapters of Vanilla Spider are there? I could probably do a straight JP->ENG translation. A proofreader would still be needed though.

I would feel bad if it weren't for the blatant mistranslations on that page.

I wouldn't mind proofreading if it's a JP to ENG translation, and there's 12 chapters left I believe.

Personally I hate this kind of thing the most.

>Decent quality raws of the entire story finally available
>It will never, ever, EVER get translated.

>furshit
Too bad the art is genuinely amazing

Tiger's a monster girl tho.

they might need (along with other tasks) kireicake.com/apply/

Is there any guide to for a beginner to start cleaning/editing raws? Most of the stuff I've found prioritize typesetting part.

I like puns. If I can solve them. Also, it wouldn't hurt to say they went liberal for translations

Yeah, like supporting some totally existing sick mother.

>"liberal for translations"
>shinuna
>All of you will die!
>shoukaki o mottekoi (I don't have the raws, but I found the scene in the anime, and I'm assuming they are the same)
>Wait (matte) for the firefighters (shouboshi)

Need an editor. Up to c020 has been translated.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/tsuru-tsuru-to-zara-zara-no-aida-r11914

That's because cleaning isn't as hard in comparison.