What do you think of the Neurodiversity Movement?

Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurodiversity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably had potential at one point, now likely just SJWS pandering to brown "people" and mentally ill faggots

I support it because it's against the whole "If you are different you are a special snowflake that needs to be suppressed" mentality.

It's an excuse for not turning in your homework on time.

It's fighting against oppressive social norms.

>making apple's slogan grammatically correct

Bad because now subhuman behavior is just going to be called "thinking differently".

like I said, probably just SJWS pandering to brown "people" and mentally ill faggots

>Movement comprised of those kids diagnosed with everything
>Good thing

Pick one

What subhuman behavior?

But it's good in a way because those are the same types of kids immune to most social pressure.

Only think different movement i support

Muslims raping European women, niggers stealing and murdering, wetbacks illegally crossing the border, etc.

What does this have to do with neurodiversity?

Well I assumed neurodiversity was referring to the different brains of different races and ethnicities, was it not? It certainly sounds like it, and the different colored brains also support it.

Seems like another movement that says it supports differences but actually doesn't. Just another version of LGBT.

>being retarded is normal!

Just another sign of the societal decay that started in the 50's
Thankfully we're starting to hit a bit of a wall because (((they))) tried to accelerate it too soon.

The fact you think not following your idiotic social rules means retardation says something to me. And the different people who don't want to go along with your majority rules bullshit can and will be selfish. If my generation is going to backlash against this rest assured I will have absolutely no loyalty to them.

Hans asperger actually commented that people with psycopathic autism are the reich’s greatest asset.

It’s about autism.

not only that but also many other neurological conditions.

I haven’t heard of neurodiversity being ascociated with anything else than asds. Which disorders are counted?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurodiversity

>The fact you think not following your idiotic social rules means retardation says something to me.

lol they weren't fucking arbitrary they had a purpose and a lot of them were the norm for fucking millennia up until the past 60 years.

Oh well shit, I guess I'm just completely wrong.

Interesting read. Does sound a little like an excuse for not developing a cure though.

Just more individualism from the libertarian crowd

Well in that case I only see the problem being the continued glorification of mental disorders and people not treating them like the incredibly shitty and horrible disorders they are.

And it was a good thing social norms loosened up more by then. Now social norms are getting tighter and tighter because my generation wants to backlash against the special snowflake meme. Why should I side with them?

And I'm an individualist. I hate collectivism with a passion.

ONE SPECIES ONE GOVERNMENT ONE MIND ENSLAVE DISSENTERS

Well considering neurodiverse people are usually right wing....

Nice results.

Cool, in a way.

As someone with autism, I think it is cringeworthy "Being different must be good" special snowflake horseshit. I got ahead in life by learning to not act like a tard, not embracing my challenges as "being special".

You mean you've trained yourself to LARP as a normie and hide your power level for your entire pathetic life.
You're like the autistic version of Shawn King.

It's not learning how to focus.

Why do you side with the same peers and system that fucked you over?

It's like you want to be mistreated. Oh and the you are special meme was for the normies. In practice it wasn't applied to anyone with a different mind or brain. Nonconformists were punished.

If the mental illness is caused by environmental factors, then no because accepting the disorder will hinder exposing the cause. If genetic, then there isn't much we can do with our mainstream thecnology and science to cure it, so why not accept it. If they are of threat to others, then we will have to get rid of them, which we are already doing in prison.

the fuck is neurodiversity? You're either some kind of retard or your brain works correctly.

Any nonconformist is considered a threat these days. All because people are against the you are special meme. So sad.

I don't think not having the instinct to conform automatically or put the group above your values or your life is unhealthy.

'Awareness' groups like this had a valid reason for existence one time: to lobby for their disadvantaged group to be treated equally when, most of the time, their group was actually being discriminated against. That time passed long ago and concessions were granted to all those not treated as normal, able citizens. These organisations now seemingly exist solely to keep the people who started them in work. It's not enough to simply be equal. We're now supposed to believe that these disadvantaged groups (disabled people) are actually better than people without disabilities.

LARPing as a normie, making $2k a month, and living with a nympho qt3.14 beats the hell out of being a leech NEET wizard.

Except you think lip service is actually helping. It gives the message "Everyone's differences are accepted but yours. Everyone is special but you"

special snowflake mentality will always be cancer

Why do you side with the same people who fucked you over all your life? Right because they are the peer group you have to correct? Just because arbitrarily you were born amongst them.

And I'll have this mentality no matter how many people backlash against it. Funny how people ostracize others for being different then get pissed when they're proud of themselves.

i really dont care that youre an autist just go be one somewhere else

Because out of the dozen other autists I have met, only one isnt a pedophile or neet, and she ended up becoming a guy.
At least normies have their fucking priorities straight.

Good. Extroverted people a fucking retarded.

Why is my generation so offended at people being different? They always break out le special snowflake meme when in reality the normal kids were treated like gold who could never do wrong and the abnormal kids were treated like trash while hearing the superficial differences are good meme.

Mental handicaps aren't anything to be proud of. It's like being proud of having cancer, they're terrible conditions that ruin lives and need to being done away with, not glorified. Having down syndrome or whatever doesn't make you a better person or improve you at all, it seriously in pairs and impedes your life. These movies about mentally challenged people being geniuses are fucking stupid, being cause by large these disorders are really terrible and the people with them wish they could be normal.

They shouldn't want to contribute to a society that hates them. Good for them.

I look at the normal people and how hive minded they are. They're like the borg.

It's not being different, it's the glorification of the differences when most of the time they really shouldn't be glorified because they're fucking terrible conditions.

Like what, getting a job?
Being self-sufficient?

At least we have a mind that actually works.

Literally special snowflake syndrome. Even the most generic normies have lives just as rich and just as valid as your own, no matter how difficult you find that to comprehend.

>>making apple's slogan grammatically correct
Bullshit. "Different" is invariably adjectival and as used in Apple's slogan describes something nominal (an unstated but implied cognate object). Not to mention, overcorreting by appending -ly to any modifier anywhere near a non-cupula verb is poor style no matter how "intelligent" you think it makes you sound.

Mind that works? How come I'm unresponsive to most peer pressure and don't have a collectivist mindset? When people say only this or that group is allowed to think this or that way I ignore the rules.

The circles are right.

Every time a person is different it's special snowflake syndrome. It's almost as if there's a big effort to undermine individuality in the youth.

Slave mentality.
>wah wah change things for me, I don't want to do anything myself. Please improve things master. You're not an individualist, you're just a broken collectivist.

You really think 99% of people with down syndrome or autism have a mind that works? They sit there and fucking drool and shit on themselves and can't even live on their own. I went to school with a friend who was higher functioning autistic, and he failed his driver's test SIX FUCKING TIMES. He's going to end up killing someone because he simply cannot function on par with a normal person. There is absolutely nothing spectacular or good about being mentally challenged.

Because you dont respond to social stimuli like a normal person does. You're on the spectrum, that's it. It doesn't make you any more important than anyone else

this is boomer hippie shit from the 60's. hey man, like lets all just love each other and shit man. i like to eat flies because i am half-lizard

And I like this shit as a Millennial

Because you're delusional and can't actually think right. Funniest part is, you think you're going against social norms and being original, but you're literally just swallowing the bullshit that's preached by the rest of your generation. Millenials are the ones who are socially progressive and promote mental illnesses as being normal and better for the sake of acceptance, and you're just following in line.

And I bet his parents probably didn't let him play outside enough and develop the motor skills to drive.

I hate using the term "diversity" because it's been coopted by the identitarian left, but yes, diversity of thought is an antidote to curing ideological bubbles. The left is a great example, they refused to give proper due to the merits of their opposition, they ignored diversity of thought and opinion, and it cost them the 2016 election.

Let me clarify, "diversity of thought" doesn't mean "diversity of skin color, race, ethnicity, or religion." Though, the identitarian left will want you to believe the two of those march in lockstep.

A minority of my generation does and that vocal minority I agree with. The world I lived in was a world where everyone was tolerated but people with a different mind. The normal kids were given the you are special treatment. I heard the you are special talk while being treated like dirt for my differences. It rang hollow.

It's not a matter of motor skills, it's him not being capable of learning. There's more to driving than just physical capability, you have to know the laws and regulations. That's why he failed his permit test too, even though it's literally five questions about laws. He also graduated high school at the age of 21, because he couldn't mentally function like a regular person.

Ayn Rand — 'There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist. '

You're a broken collectivist envious of others
You're not an individualist

Dude, millenials are the ones who supported Sanders and Clinton. There's no fucking minority. You're talking about how the whole special talk didn't mean anything to you but that's literally what you're pushing here right now.

How am I not an individualist? I don't care about the majority or society as a whole above the self.

I'm calling you a special snowflake because you genuinely think that normal people aren't as special as you, as evidenced by your post about normal people being comparable to the Borg.

Because the you are special treatment went to normal kids. Abnormal kids didn't get this in reality. Imagine being fucked over for your differences while the normal kids were praised for theirs. Then when the normal kids grew up they are backlashing against the you are special meme so much they get triggered by difference itself.

How would you feel?
I resent being called a special snowflake just because I'm different.

High functioning Aspie here.

I shut myself in when I realized I had a hard time relating and communicating with my peers. Until I was 18, I stayed in my ropm whenever I could. Always knew I was different, didn't know why.

I tried the Navy thinking they'd beat the bitch out of me. Scored 97 on the ASVAB, qualified for Nuke, was physically fit enough to pass the first test in boot camp, but I sucked cock at literally everushing else. Even the dumbest fuckers in there folded clothes and made beds better than me, which is 90% of boot camp.

After I got out thanks to saying I'd kill myself if I didn't, I was told I was diagnosed in 1st grade.

Since then I have to struggle and have a game plan just to function on a daily basis. I refuse to have kids because I'd never forgive myself for passing this onto a kid.

If I had it my way I'd go as far as euthanizing downies and autists. It saves them from a miserable existence.

Here's some advice: if you really want to be an individualist, stop caring about what groups you belong to, accept the fact that you're going to have something in common with everyone and go with it, stop caring about labels and have your own original beliefs. Don't change you're beliefs just because someone else happens to have them and they might be popular, because that just makes you a pretender.

Dude, they've literally had "special education" for decades for kids with mental challenges.

Exactly what I've been saying, there's nothing glorious about mental disabilities, and no one actually wants them aside from idiot non-conformists who think it's cool to be different in any way.

Yeah and what do you think special education is? Warehousing where kids don't learn and are never taught anything. Those kids are also put on many types of medications to control their minds too.

arguing with an autist has got to be one of the most tedious and futile things there is

Here’s another. Kill man’s sense of values. Kill his capacity to recognise greatness or to achieve it. Great men can’t be ruled. We don’t want any great men. Don’t deny conception of greatness. Destroy it from within. The great is the rare, the difficult, the exceptional. Set up standards of achievement open to all, to the least, to the most inept – and you stop the impetus to effort in men, great or small. You stop all incentive to improvement, to excellence, to perfection. Laugh at Roark and hold Peter Keating as a great architect. You’ve destroyed architecture. Build Lois Cook and you’ve destroyed literature. Hail Ike and you’ve destroyed the theatre. Glorify Lancelot Clankey and you’ve destroyed the press. Don’t set out to raze all shrines – you’ll frighten men, Enshrine mediocrity - and the shrines are razed.

What do you have to plan out each day to function?

Because they CAN'T learn. They ARE taught, but because of their disabilities they can't learn on the level of a regular person. It takes them years of practice and reinforcement to finally get down even the basics. That said, your argument was about mentally challeneged kids not being labelled as special, when they definitely were.

Honestly it feels the same as arguing with anyone else. Same fact denying, same irrelevant arguments.

They were labeled as special but they weren't treated as such. Normal kids could do no wrong. Normal kids differences were accepted. Abnormal kids were treated like trash and discarded all while being forced to tolerate everyone else in the you are special mentality.

Probably because he was bullied or abused into mentally malfunctioning.

Special kids were literally in their own room with their own special teachers who had to have much more rigorous training and education to be able to teach those children. On top of that, the special children were given more breaks and time to play to alleviate stress and energy to keep them focused. They most definitely were treated specially. Of course, now they don't want to be treated specially, now they want to be in the regular classes with everyone else and they get to thanks to Bush's no child left behind bullshit.

Rigorous teaching? You mean almost no instruction whatsoever and just left in a room to their own devices. And when there was instruction it was extremely below grade level and demeaning. You're clueless. I've spoken to people who have been through this system for the majority of their classes. There are some special education schools where there are no teachers in sight.

Or because he was fucking autistic? And autism is literally a mental disability that impairs intelligence? By the way, nobody ever made fun of the special kids during the three years I went to school there, or anywhere else.

>i'm special, so I deserve special treatment
>i deserve more tax money being spent on me because im special
>why do you hate me because i'm special
We hate you because you're leeches who have the gall to complain about not getting even more gibs.

It was below the grade level because they couldn't fucking handle the grade level. If they could, they wouldn't be mentally challenged, would they? You're blatantly denying facts. Regular teachers can't teach special children, they're literally not qualified. Jesus Christ, if you're this handicapped then maybe you really should be euthanized.

Actually he could have any IQ level. As for no bullying, where did you go to school? Hollywood?

Not to mention the fact that when we DO give them special treatment, they say it's "demeaning" and not special treatment at all.

> impairs intelligence
> scientific consesus shows a mean IQ of 105
Nigga wut