youtube.com/watch?v=ystEbjp-yzM
youtube.com/watch?v=mAbuCoX2QvM
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZPELMm-W68
youtube.com/watch?v=ONto8dpB9Us
youtube.com/watch?v=uxr-GdIgdPc
animefiller.com/blue-exorcist-filler/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That japs arent humans

this, but realistically speaking OP it comes from the popularity of cremation in Japan. No bodies to reanimate.

>That BGM
>The way he said it
> Knowing Izumo doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the best husbando ;_;

Someone put me up to speed

I don't remember anything about this show

What happened in S1 and what was retconned?

Read the manga up until they get on the train and you should be perfectly caught up with what is canon and whats not. It's not even a long read to that point, you can start with the Amaimon fight in the forest

I haven't watched the anime version, and it's been ages since I read impure king in the manga, but I do like that the author subverted the main girl being the only one to stick up for him and had Izumo do it.

Shiemi best girl. Rin knows where's at.

That he is lucky to be in Japan otherwise human form ghouls would have shown up.

Im surprised season 2 just jumped straight in like that.

I expected it to at least open with the fight between Rin and Amaimon since thats where Season 1 diverged.
Especially since most anime tend to treat the audience like goldfish, constantly flashing back. And in this case it would make sense to at least say where the story is exactly since its making half of S1 noncanon

OTP
T
P

Shiemi a shit

shit show, right?

I'm rewatching S1 right now to refresh myself. It's actually quite good.

Well Shiemi straight up said that she doesn't want anyone right now. And it seems to have been shipping her more with Yukio.

Though Izumo has been shipped pretty hard with Shima so theres that too.

Shima is shit though.

Actually no, surprisingly.

The series is filled to the brim with cliches but they worked quite well and the character interactions are well written, if you can get past the fact that it's a Naruto reskin it's a solid series.

Shima a shit.

Nips read the manga after watching S1. I only see confused people on crunchyroll/plebbit. The worst are those who think we're getting the anime original stuff retold and it's "unnecessary". It was pure cancer to read through.

So no Amaimon in this season?

Shima a shit

Nah, hes gonna be in time jail for like 2 arcs

Well I guess he gets released for like 5 minutes in the next one, but yeah.

Too bad, I liked him and his pet was cute too.

Pet? What pet?

That ball thing demon.

I think we get it

No one with a brain would date a spy.

Wired Life was a better ED than this one.

btw is this a continuation of the anime filler or are they redoing the manga like fmab?

All of the original stuff from S1 is noncanon now. Its basically picking up right after the fight with Amaimon like the manga did.

Its doing a partial Brotherhood. Its recapping even less than Brotherhood did.
It just assumes you already know everything from before the Impure King arc starts.

Thoughts on the opening?
youtube.com/watch?v=PzcRgzM7wk8

Like that they went back to UVERworld, and the visuals are lovely. Is there gonna be a second cour? Think they'll bring back Rookiez too?

I thought that was the op. But Wired Life was the best either way.

Yeah, I realized that after posting. The animation was OP tier not ED tier.

But I still stick by my statement.

Wasn't S1 went original or something? How did they continue?

They should have just rebooted it.Japan at it again. still studio A-1?

S2 is just ignoring everything in the second half of S1. Its picking up right before they get on the train to go to kyoto.

Eh, S1 covered the canonical stuff generally faithfully.

Besides most of the stuff before Kyoto was pretty slow, I'm fine with them just starting here. Tho a little recap wouldn't have gone wrong.

The really funny thing is seeing anime-only fags who talk about shit like Satan possessing Yukio, and wondering how it'll factor into the Kyoto Arc.

A bit too angsty for my taste, but seems like the mood is fitting for this season. Visuals are really cool and I'm looking forward to the new characters.

Picked up.

Decent visuals and okay song, still completely inferior to the OP's of season 1.

Up to which episode is S1 canon?

youtube.com/watch?v=ystEbjp-yzM
best ED
>tfw kpop band does it better than jpop

Basically everything up to Rin getting assigned the candle lighting practice is canon, ignoring the whole "repair the sword" subplot.

Wired life was better
youtube.com/watch?v=mAbuCoX2QvM

Out of the 4 songs from SS1 this one is the least interesting for me. Maybe because it doesnt have the hype like the other 3

>What did he mean by this?
Normally, a Japanese funeral involves cremation. They bury your in your family's designated grave.

Rookiez is Best.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZPELMm-W68

I liked the song and I thought it was visually cooler than the first ED.

>visually cooler
Agree since the first ED only has like 2 seconds of dance cover from that song
The full version is truly justice

butcha u hmanga with her when

Okay so quick question. I'm going to (partially) rewatch the first season, just to get me in the right mindset for s2. Does anyone have an actual episode that the anime-original bullshit starts or is it basically right after the flashback in s2e1?

Which was more hype Sup Forumsnons?
youtube.com/watch?v=ONto8dpB9Us
or
youtube.com/watch?v=uxr-GdIgdPc

I gotta go with core prido.

C92 hopefully. Hasn't he already drawn fanart of her in the past?

OP1 will always be more hype. Undeniable fact unless you have a differing opinion. That's wrong. DAT TRUMPET.

obviously OP 1 with the "rap"
Also wheres the qt on the left?

>Also wheres the qt on the left?
That's Paku, right?
Dropped out and became totally irrelevant.

Gets a couple minor appearances at the start and end of the Illuminati Intro Arc.

best

animefiller.com/blue-exorcist-filler/

Basically watch until the scene with Rin, Yukio and whats her face in the training room. After that I think its all new stuff. Though the court scene plays out a lot differently in the anime than it did in the manga so you can basically skip the whole "reforging the sword" stuff.

I think OP2 was more hype.

Izumo a cute.

A very cute.

Blue Exorcist has lots of cute girls.

Shes basically Izumo's best friend. But shes not an exorcist so she rarely shows up except between arc plots.

Anyone else disappointed she didn't retain a fox tail or somethin'?

Dunno how far you are but the godly blood in her bloodline is so diluted that its almost not there anymore.
She isn't even a suitable host for the fox god. It would have destroyed her body in minutes

What I wanna know is can she go super mode again with her fox spirits later or was that a one time deal? She was pretty OP when she did.

Yeah but she was still possessed for however long, even if it was tearing her body apart. Would've been neat imo if that destructive failed possession left some permanent remnant on her. Like a tail.

That was also pretty cool.

Yea would have been nice if she kept the ears or tail considering her ancestor took demon fox knot.

Legit forgot how good the first few episodes of the anime were.

You know she's going to end up get nothing in the end right?
N O T H I N G
Hell if anything the whole story about her being capture shows that she really is alone with no one to help her but herself with just some friends, and don't even try to say she'll end up with anyone since at this point she's just as likely to "end up" with bald boy.

Literally most shit couple ever thought of.

Pretty sure we all know she won't end up with Rin. Alone would be preferable to the two the author has thrown moments with her. Especially considering Shima's role in that one arc

Really?
Rin's got the whole Naruto-style backstory and attitude that every other generic shounen hero has.
His brother's a faggot.
The first 3 episodes do several things I was expecting just from convention. Wisecracking Hughes clone who acts as a father figure and mentor is killed while protecting the mc. Brother acts like a retard instead of trying to console Rin in any way. The delinquent that Rin fought was corrupted by something and brought back to fuck with him.
Seems pretty standard to me.

I like Shima though.

But Rin would be preferably, even as unlikely as it is. Unless the story makes a point of of Shiemi not liking him as more than a friend. Which I could also see.

That's the point though, she WILL be ending up alone at this point since her only real choices she has have already pissed off since she'll never touch spy boy and big dude ran off to have fun time with lightning man.

A: Its not like his arrangement with Lightning is gonna be permanent.
B:Shes never even shown interest in him. The teasing with her has been with Rin, Shima, and some yuri baiting with Shiemi

You know what the best part of this entire arc will be to see animated?

Yukio's face when Bon's dad says that Rin's "A great man, just like Fujimoto."

I do wonder what Yukio is gonna do. Is he gonna join the illuminati eventually? Seems very possible desu.

Is this 12 or 24 eps?

Definition of daddy issues

>Want to learn how to harness Satan-Powers
>Choices are study with incompetent twin
>Or Onii-san that's the strongest demon in existence short of God
Very possible.

That made me think of something.

Since they've established that stronger demons are incapable of holding human forms forever becuase their power destroys the body, is Rin gonna end up too strong for his body?

If he becomes powerful enough to defeat Lucifer, then logically his body won't be able to stand his own power.

Visuals are really good. The overall feel of the song reflects the arc's theme really well, vocals and composition could be a little better though.

I'm sad that 2nd best boy isn't present this arc and won't be able to hear his voice as I recently found out that the same voice actor also voiced the best boy (old man) last season.

Rin (and by extension, Yukio) are special cases.

They were born as Demons in the Human World, rather than being born in the Demon World and having to Possess Humans. Thus, their bodies are naturally able to handle the vast power that would normally destroy humans if possessed by demons of their heritage.

Why is he so fucking annoying?

Because he has the single largest inferiority complex I've ever seen in anime.

I guess i will have to read the manga up until this point.

>tfw no anime of just their baller dad doing Hellsing tier purifications
feelsbadman he was the only character I actually liked in this besides Boobs McTits I guess

I've reread the whole arc yesterday and it's quite surprising that I missed some very important details; like with Bon's father thought there is only one son and Yukio's subtle angst in very little panels here and there; when I first read the chapters.

Too much bridge. Not enough chorus. There is absolutely no hook, and that's exactly what a fucking OP needs.

Visuals are pretty good. But only the first part. Everything after that is a absolute mess (until it relates back to the earlier visuals) that has nothing to do with anything. Reminds me of some dumb fucking AMV.

Like a 6/10 if I had to put a number on it.

Because filename related.

Also his contrast with Rin who is basically perfect husbando in human form doesn't help.

Yeah no.

Literally like 2 chapters ago she said she wasn't interested in romance.

It's more like Shiemi has no real concept of romance.

>Rin who is basically perfect husbando in human form
>Can cook healthy and delicious meals
>Is well-practiced in recycling and other good money-managing habits
>Has an eye for interior decorating
>Good sense of humor
>Can and would fight his way to Hell and Back if necessary to save you
How can other guys even compete?

Honestly hes my husbando. I wish he were gay. Then i'd be set.

>has fangs
>has contagious smile
>voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto
Others can still compete for the 2nd place.

>Rin will never call you by your first name and look at you pic related
just kill me now