Catholic General - /cg/ - SSPX edition

Resources:
>www.sspx.org
>www.fisheaters.com
>www.churchmilitant.com
>www.onepeterfive.com

SSPX is a traditionalist Catholic fraternity that practices Catholicism as it was known prior to Vatican II. It is still in communion with the Church but rejects all teachings not in accord with the faith as it has always been taught. Because SSPX does not reject any teachings of the infallible Extraordinary Magisterium or Ordinary and Universal Magisterium, the fraternity is not heretical or schismatic. However, it is rebellious to a certain degree.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is not a binding document. It is a teaching document and resource for bishops who may then produce binding documents. However, Catholics are not required to follow any teachings that are received from a non-infallible Magisterium. The entirety of Vatican II falls into this category, hence why it is possible to reject it and still remain in communion with the Church.

This thread is a calling to Catholics to learn more about your faith and undue some of the misconceptions you undoubtedly have. There is a great deal of misinformation in the Church, as we are in a time of crisis.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_05BRtozl1I
madisoncatholicherald.org/bishopscolumns/5803-society-of-st-pius-x.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=FS_AjMPqy04
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=v1FoLCZYNaA
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA
youtube.com/watch?v=p9XMj9jrL6s
youtube.com/watch?v=-4W_CLRW9Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=EcxOkht8w7c
youtube.com/watch?v=Xwkca-3GiM4
youtube.com/watch?v=4lC7V8hG198
youtube.com/watch?v=TFJ4hN7vxWo
youtu.be/_oRdLXksZMg
youtu.be/qLxgp5VIx4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I came to traditionalism about 3 years ago. The mainstream church brainwashes the fugg out of you

you mean Communist General /cg/

I understand your concerns with the Pope. Please read the OP. The Church is in crisis and traditionalism is well aware of that, among many other liturgical abuses that have been going on long before Francis. It doesn't mean we reject the faith, but it does mean that we discern the truth based on the Canon Law and degrees of requisite obedience.

The Church has always taught that communism is anathema to the faith. Past Popes have also spoken about the right to nationalism, including ethnic self-identification. St. Augustine's position on immigration was the binding Church teaching until it was ignored by people like Francis who pretend that the "Social Christian" vision of the world is grounded in anything other than his own mind.

I left this piece of shit org about 18 years ago

>threadly reminder about the absolute state of catholic women

Irish and Polish "people" are subhuman. Catholics are subhuman. The Reformers did nothing wrong.

Raised Catholic, never really believed, became edgy atheist, had a few existential crises, started studying theology/philosophy a bit more seriously, and now I'm an agnostic deist.

How to make the next step and return to Catholicism? Why are you a Catholic and not a member of any other faith? Why do you believe in the Christian God

Turn back to Anglicanism you faggot, and retake the church. You're supposed to be a WASP not pagan filth. The Church of England needs to purge all commie and atheist scum whom infiltrated the church.

Why? It's great. For me it was finally discovering what Catholicism was.

I always associated it with and . And then I learned about the traditionalist movement and the internal struggle to restore the faith.

People are correct when they criticize the Church, but for the wrong reasons. There has been a well documented group of subversives who have been ravaging the Church. However, none of their bullshit in undoable. Remember, the Vatican II and Francis abuses have NEVER been elevated to infallible teaching. Ever.

>The Church is in crisis and traditionalism is well aware of that, among many other liturgical abuses that have been going on long before Francis. It doesn't mean we reject the faith, but it does mean that we discern the truth based on the Canon Law and degrees of requisite obedience.
This...I agree with you. We are in dark times; most of us are lapsed and "good" (which means nice, not threatening and most of all at the leash of modern fads). But there are still a few of us who want to better themselves through Christ even if the Church has been heavily infiltrated and there's a new wave of traditionalist Catholics.
Many will still disagree with OP or even my mediocre statement; fair enough. But there are allies in there, Sup Forums.

It's the state of most women in general.

>a religion literally made up so that a horny king could fuck more women

Ahh yes, seems like divine theological proof, very good

>Why? It's great. For me
>for me
>me
seems to be all you care about (you) and not the untold millions victimized by Catholicism past and present

I grew up a Catholic. I went to a lot of sunday schools and bible study.
I can't speak for every country, but I can definitively say that a lot of American Catholics are hypocritical cultural-christians. They show up to church and larp to pretend they are pious when in reality they are weak and their families are full of sin.
I try to warn anons about it. The "based conservative Catholics" are basically mythical at this point and non-existent within the church.

hi anons I am the sinful frogoster from yesterday. thank you for all your comments again

>How to make the next step and return to Catholicism?
Read the Fathers of the Church. They helped me coming back home after years of egotistic pleasures (which were just a blanket placed on top of my gushing existential wounds).
Or go to youtube and listen to some of the homilies by Fulton Sheen...guy had a great talent when it came to giving you lessons and showing the nature of Christianity.

Here's one of his videos, and also check the Sensus Fidelium channel:
youtube.com/watch?v=_05BRtozl1I

>Remember, the Vatican II and Francis abuses have NEVER been elevated to infallible teaching. Ever.
Being corrupt anti-white kiddie diddlers isn't any more defensible just because the pope didn't say "God said so".

You're at the point where you need to have an actual encounter with Christ, I think. You could read Aquinas, or Edward Feser (googling his blog will take you to a great resource on apologetics). But you're going to need to have an experience with the Lord. Remember, faith is a gift; it is not something you can achieve. It has intellectual components, but it is ultimately not an exercise of the mind. Regarding the historical particulars and the whys of choosing one religion over another, that is a complex journey. I can probably recommend some authors like Scott Hahn or N.T. Wright or C.S. Lewis, but my advice would be to just read as many point-counterpoint writings as you can.

I would also really highly recommend the above link to fisheaters.com and start wherever you think it makes the most sense.

Anglicanism exists solely because England's fat blob of a king wanted to divorce his wife a few hundred years ago, and they've been puppets of the British government ever since. You can't 'fix' the Church of England, because it's working exactly as its founders intended.

There's an SSPX chapter trying to get started in my town, but there are a grand total of 150 Catholics here (though all quite devoted, being such a tiny minority will do that) and a lot of people are angry with them, saying they're just trying to stir up trouble. Is the cost of admission worth splitting a perfectly healthy and already fairly traditional community? People are understandably wary about joining an organization that was literally excommunicated until very recently.

you christians better fuck off, or we will make necropants out of you, just as we will with the jewish mudslimes

Just leave

Is unholy in my religion too, keep it up is all I say

>a lot of American Catholics are hypocritical cultural-christians
This is true of most of us, sadly...
>they are weak and their families are full of sin.
that's not the real issue...we all have our weaknesses and are full of sins; is what we do about all this with the help of God. I did awful things when I was an edgy atheist, but when I went back to God I started to straighten myself. Took time, failed many many times...I still have issues I need to iron out! But I am willing to do my best and ask God to give me the strength to endure and not give up.
And I agree that there are very few true conservative Catholics...but not as little as we often think; and many can be saved (or lost) by just one.

>prior to Vatican II

> thinks Catholicism was different before the 60s
> molestation still happened
> Pope still changed the "rules" regularly to appease popular culture and special interests - case in point: fish on lent.

fuck off with your antiquated "faith" no one needs this bullshit guilt trip and fabricated trinity any more.

when can republicans be killed?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it hard to stick to the Truth and Church in today's society, but stick with it anons.

Reminder

thats something a mad person would say

I hold no ill will towards someone who wants to be Christian, I still think Christianity can do a lot of good for people.
But the Catholic faith has been hijacked by Satanist. There is no salvation within that church. Not anymore.

so do you think Christ was a liar?
for he said in Matthew 16:18 "And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. "

It wasn't excommunicated. Some of the priests were. But again, they were lifted. The Pope even granted them an indefinite dispensation to administer the sacraments. There are some heated feelings about SSPX that mostly come from the 70s/80s. Most today recognize that the situation is complex but they are not in schism. As to whether it's worth it: Yes. The cost of the true faith is always worth it. I think any brand of traditionalism has its merits and I don't denigrate other Catholics, but if you believe the SSPX is guarding the fullness of the true faith, you have to go for it. And incidentally, SSPX priories generally do very well, so it's possible you'll be attracting new members. My advice would to prevent as much Catholic infighting as possible.

I don't dispute your claim that some of the things the Church has done has been horrible. The sex abuse scandal was due almost entirely to a weak stance on homosexuality. It's unacceptable.

They aren't nonexistent, but you won't find them among the neo-cons of the conciliar church. Please at least give traditionalism a chance. Read about it. The links in the OP will give you a lot to think about. These communities really do very well, especially in attracting the young.

Hi, Merry Christmas.

The higher they are the harder they fall, Satan loves a Catholic in sin

What is important reading material as a Catholic, in order to properly understand the canon and their philosophy?

Additionally, while I don't necessarily agree with this article, I would like to hear a response from people who attend SSPX's masses.

madisoncatholicherald.org/bishopscolumns/5803-society-of-st-pius-x.html

No. Catholics need to reform the one true church.
The church is still salvageable.

Take a closer look at that snout!

I just showered my cat, because she was being uppety. She really hates water

She was getting too uppety and was demanindg goodie food for me all weekend, I simply got enought and threw her in the shower

She managed to scratch me though, and now I got all her white hairs over me too. Fucking cat, next time it's cancer bait

I do not believe that; I agree that there's a terrible turmoil in it. But, think about this: with this pope, all the weird "Catholics" are coming out of the wood work, thinking they are "safe" and "accepted"...then, after Francis, imagine a conservative cardinal is elected, and he will put anathema upon all these people who are Catholics in name only, and reform the Church after seeing all the dirt which has spumed from withing the Church. We had bad popes already, and indeed we are in a time of crisis (I will not deny that ever); but the apostles scattered when the Christ was taken away by the soldiers, and Peter renegaded Him three times...and yet, they then payed back in full and had great duties and burdens to bear in His name; they payed with their lives and won a place in Heaven. Many of Christ's followers just fled without coming back...the same is happening today.

I admire the Orthodox Churches for how much they endured and how strongly they held to their faith; they had to face Islam and Communism, which attacked the tree of the faith and ripped away the branches, but the roots survived; the Roman Catholic Church instead got poisoned, slowly and silently, by a sexual revolution and slow infiltration...we were not cunning in the last centuries, we became kinda soft. But I still hold some hopes, not because of the men in the Church, but because of the Groom, of God Himself which promised He will not abandon us...if anything, we should weep because we strayed away from Him. We deserve these times of tribulation and suffering, it's a test and a punishment for our will after this long period of weakness.

I hat black pants on me, just took them off, they were all covered in white cat hair.

This is enough, next time it's straight in the bekk and gib cancer. I hate cats to begin with, fucker is going straight in the cancer trap

I went to Catholic school but was not baptised as my parents wanted me to decide when I was older. I am trying to find my faith and recently discovered the SSPX and it speaks to me.

Question: would it be possible for me to attend a service there without already being Catholic? I am very concerned about being disrespectful and I don't know how Latin Mass works (for example, I used to get an arms-crossed blessing at Communion time) and I am very nervous. I have tried to google my question and didn't find the answers. Can you please help advise?

Saint Jerome said the same thing.

i want a cat ;_;
pic is me and my cat in my head

How can you be a catholic with this pope? He is a communist. If he weren't there I'd convert today.

>Question: would it be possible for me to attend a service there without already being Catholic?
Yes, yes you can; just do not partake in the Eucharist (do not get the consecrated host), this is the only rule. After mass,if you want, approach the priest and ask him if you can talk with him in private and, when he's available, start to talk about what you want to know more in detail.

Verses proving salvation to anyone that believes and not of works.

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-9/11/14-16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
8:24
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
15:1-2

nigga there were popes who did worse things, there was a pope who SOLD the Vatican. even throughout all of history, heresy has never been taught in the Church.
Trust that Christ promised us that the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church. The Church has survived worse. The Church will survive Francis. The Church will endure worse in the future. It will survive until Christ returns.

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11/26
3:5/20-21
21:7/27

LATIN/GREGORIAN CHANTS

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=FS_AjMPqy04
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=v1FoLCZYNaA
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recomended by user.A Byzantine Chant

if anyone ever says "by faith alone", just show them James 2:24, which is the only place the Bible mentions those words

Bumping, how's everyone doing on this fine day?

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

>in b4 Father's will is do works
John 6
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

>in b4 James 2
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA

Better toss that tree out sandnigger-dead-kike-on-stick-lovers, IT IS NOT ALLOWED in your pathetic death-cult.

Every white (((christian))) is a disgrace to it's ancestors and the entire race. You all should kill yourselves, perhaps you may blow that sandnigger-cock that you all crave soooo baaaad. Christ dick yummie yum yum, you even fuck the priest!!!

>This nigger again
Be gone with your hateful God.

Just so you know c*Tholic boi on youtube if you go to the "share" part it gives a shorter url

how can you open a catholic general and then have a picture of someone recommending murder merely on the basis that they are communists?

I appreciate greatly that you make a bearable thread that I like to read and post in but do it in a way that is in accordance with what christianity teaches.

See bottom of James 2 is justified to man

Why are pagans such fucking barbarians? Oh yeah, its because they are fucking pagans....Bow down to tyrone , you new master you worthless nord

How am I saying God is hateful when I'm proving you only have to believe and not be a good boi

these are some of my favourite hymns i hope you like them anons:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9XMj9jrL6s
youtube.com/watch?v=-4W_CLRW9Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=EcxOkht8w7c
youtube.com/watch?v=Xwkca-3GiM4
youtube.com/watch?v=4lC7V8hG198
youtube.com/watch?v=TFJ4hN7vxWo

Thanks

again c*Tholic boi, get it right

"God sends a few popes as gifts, some He tolerates them, others He sends them as punishment" St. Vincent of Lerin

It was never supposed to be easy...there have been great Popes, there have been bad Popes. Sadly now we got a very dangerous one. Yet I hold hope God will allow us to survive all this, and if we will be strong enough to hold, the storm will stop and the boat of Peter will be fixed.

God dmanit
it was my friend
Red pill was too hard
Now he is a murderer, from this morning, god fucking damn it

Fuck all off damn it.

if you spent more time learning correct theology rather than youtube links, you may not end up in Hell.

Because c*Tholics murdered a lot of people
youtu.be/_oRdLXksZMg
youtu.be/qLxgp5VIx4A

He could and should have you know, come down to me...... is too late know, he snapped

Oh, so now you're denying you're the guy who said that God hates everyone He condemns?
Or for some reason did you decide to post the exact same text with the exact same pics with the same filenames as said guy from yesterday?
Either way, be gone, we're trying to have a nice thread.

>you dont read it plainly
REALLY

Jesus didn't have long hair though

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

MFW old law/new law distinctions are ignored by both cringy right-wing pagans and cringy left wing athiests. Get out you friggin modernist.

Except that's from Corinthians, it was never said by Christ.

Luckily i did

In Torah a judge is permitted to sentence to death anyone who leads God's people into idolatry or some sort of blasphemy or things that lead them into desctuction and disobeying the Scriptures.

What is we cannot live in the future or past, and therefore must accept God in every single moment and our past actions do not count for shit, simply whether or not we are right with God now. AKA why works are necessary. Salvation can't be one and done in real time.

>Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
there's a difference between having longer hair as a guy and having hair down to your waist like a woman (which St Paul talks about in the next verse), making you effeminate.

No, he does hate them. Not very loving to set someone on fire for eternity

I have such hate so much hate for everyonethat is not norse, you are all thralls to me

Subhumans, trying to inflict shit on us. You will polish my shoe thral

Irish better shut their fucking face, I am triggered

Daily reminder that protestants under Cromwell murdered half of Ireland for being Catholic.

I hope you find Christ and repent of this angry lifestyle before it is too late. I will pray for you.

Wrong
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man NOURISHES his hair, it is a shame unto him?
Torah also explicitly allows long hair in the Nazarene vow. It was Jewish tradition that was more into the short hair only meme

Archbishop Lefevbre ++
Ora pro nobis.

>what is symbolosm of Christ's death
Yes Peter started a church
If Mary is God's mom then David is God's dad

Matthew 22
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Also make one if Jesus saying "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." to a c*Tholic

The image in question is about during war times. War exists in the world. Just wars exist. According to Catholic teaching, a war against communists would more likely be just than not.

bump

fuck that traitorous swede

he gives his daughter to a nigger

He is a swede

Are you sursprised?

Christians and ásatrú alike here care about blood, this one, is a traitor, he is swedish btw

And you also reckoned the number to be around 97% of all mankind ever, right?