Youjo Senki

>Plan 315
What the fuck is this static defensive war bullshit? What did that idiot von Moltke do to The Plan in this universe? Schlieffen is spinning in his grave.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/guides/z3kgjxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>German war plan
>uses Japanese tetris blocks to represent troop movements

>Japanese Tetris blocks
>Japanese Tetris
>Japanese
>Tetris

Schlieffen plan was a bad one though.
Especially with no Belgium to invade.

static defense war with a mobile "heavy cavalry" as mop up is literally the only way for a large empire to retain undefendable frontiers
If you don't do that you allow invaders to threaten your industrial capacity, which the show explained
If you want to complain about something complain about being central Europe fighting the world

Why are Germany's elite soldiers two Russian girls?

>no Italian front
At least Italy's not being a backstabbing asshole this time around.

>ww1 war plan
>DIG TRENCHES, DIE IN THEM

sweet plan

> 4 (FOUR) frontlines

mostly it's when they leave the trenches they die

This show has some realism flaws.

Germany: This Rhine front is seriously fucked up. We've lost like half our men and are about to crumble any moment now.
Solution: CHARGE THE ENEMY TRENCHES!

Why would they charge at all if they don't plan to advance?

magic nigga

The solution was nuke the trenches

Threadly reminder we went from this

>Solution: CHARGE THE ENEMY TRENCHES!
They may be trying to retake a recently-lost trench before it gets fortified/consolidated.

to this

This looks so editted i can't believe this is from the anime

Holy shit this triggers me
These retards have never played Darkest Hour

I like Adam Warren

so moe. she will be my next waifu

A cute!

Most likely. In the defensive battles of WW1 that Germany fought in, like Verdun, the majority of their losses came from counter-attacking trenches. Would still make more sense to just hold the current trench if you're that depleted of manpower.

Also, someone mentioned in another thread the war is in 1924. When can I get to see some tanks, armored cars, flamethrowers, bombers, airplanes, mobile infantry, assault squads, and other cool shit?
Looking forward to future episodes.

>anime """""""""strategy""""""""

Wait, if they beat the enemies in one front won't the enemy just send reserves, rally, and attack again once the main force had been sent off to the other side of Germany?

Verdun was different.
The entire idea of that battle was to try and kill as many people as they could.

>Also, someone mentioned in another thread the war is in 1924. When can I get to see some tanks, armored cars, flamethrowers, bombers, airplanes, mobile infantry, assault squads, and other cool shit?
Given they're all using pre-1915 uniforms, you can probably assume that they haven't been invented yet. Mages who can fire artillery shells from rifles with pinpoint accuracy probably make tanks and armored cars irrelevant anyhow.

Looks like some kind of loli battle machine

Yes, but after being pushed back they'd have to slog through the same trench lines they spent the last few months pushing through.

Then again if mages are rare and in short supply it makes sense they'd try to strengthen their normal troops to compensate for when they don't have mages to rely on.

You're surrounded by other empires, and they all form a coalition to get you? What do you do? Let's attack them!

>Mages who can fire artillery shells
>direct line of sight fire
>artillery

This may come as a surprise to you, but until the late 19th century Artillery was used primarily in a direct fire context.

They did show the French using a mortar which shouldn't have been around until 16.

>one single mobile force forced to defend three fronts.
Breakthrough/10.

>lolis in charge in a serious setup

Japan please stop this. I've known you for a very long time but sometimes you have to stop and think, lolis doesn't work everywhere.

Wasn't the point of the German war plan to avoid a situation where they had to fight a war on multiple fronts, hens the part where they tried to outflank France ASAP before Russia can bring its full power to bear.

Obviously a situation where they have already been attacked on all sides simultaneously will need a different approach.

is this what retards think that is guerrilla warfare?

What if they have the mind of an adult man?

There are a lot of retarded aspects to this plan but nobody has called it guerrilla warfare.

My bad, was thinking battle of the somme/Passchendaele.

Well, you could say that anything not as powerful as a mage is now obsolete. Mages are rare and expensive, and the majority of the fighting is still done through trench warfare. It would make sense to invest in technologies that would give you the advantage there.

Also the Germans are completely fucked, especially if this is a war of attrition. Theyre fighting like a 7 front war against the nordic countries, britain, france, russia, eastern europe, and who knows what else. Even if they conscript most of their population i'd give them a year or two tops.

It's not that bad man. Atleast her chin can't be used as piercing weapon anymore.

> Theyre fighting like a 7 front war against the nordic countries, britain, france, russia, eastern europe, and who knows what else.
+colonies and dominions.

It was. If anything this mobile force should be destroying nations and going on the offensive rather than just being passed around on 7 fronts and shoring up defenses. The Kaiser should be embarrassed.

Tanks are a thing tho. But they're not sloggish WW1 tanks, but rather things like Panzers III to fit Empire's doctrine.

More people died from rot, starvation, and dysentery in the trenches than from actual combat.

I feel like this description of the war situation is different from the LN. I thought that at the beginning of the story the empire had been invaded by just one of their neighbors and were fighting defensively against that. I mean I assumed it would eventually explode into a world war but not as early as this.

They really need Rommel's ghost division to disobey orders and push forward taking everyone by surprise.

wasn't Spanish influenza also a reason?

or did the epidemic happen after the war

schlieffen wasn't bad per se, and it did work in the second round.

In this case, they would just have to drive into france from the north east. Not to hard desu.

Also, Spanish flu

>More people died from rot, starvation, and dysentery in the trenches than from actual combat.
No they weren't.
As dirty and unhygienic as the trenches were, sanitation and health practices were in place; soldiers were regularly rotated out (iirc only one week out of every month was spent in the firing line), deloused and trenches cleared of rats, and they ate relatively clean (if not particularly savory) canned foods. Only about 1/3 deaths were from disease and injury, and only a fraction of that third was from diseases rather than dying from wounds.

Pictures like this disgust me.
War is not cute, fun and certainly not a thing to bring friends to.
Especially WW1

>work in the second round
Because tanks were a thing that existed. Otherwise you'd just get another First Battle of the Marne.

Lighten up old man.

>Sitzkrieg

Germany was lucky to have some brilliant generals especially ones like Heinz Guderian who knew that tanks were going to be the new future of warfare.
He came up with some amazing early tank tactics.
They also had Rommel and Manstein.

This anime world probably lacks the military genius that Germans happened to have.

>War is not cute, fun and certainly not a thing to bring friends to.

Spanish Flu only really became a pandemic in 1918. A great many soldiers died from the disease, but most of them did so well after the war.

People still found ways to make/take friends, do cute things and have fun, even if war itself is none of those things.

WW1 was literally 'sign up with your friends and have fun on the french countryside!'

We could do it, lad. Let's transport into anime land and be the generals they need.

The story is mostly about Tanya being evil and smart and everyone being afraid of how evil and smart she is while she secretly does it only for the PROMOTIONS.

It's a lot like Overlord in that way, only instead of having a cute outside and a devil inside it's a devil outside and a cute inside.
Both just happen to be salarymens on an OP violent rampage in another world.

It'll be over by christmas!

Because the British realized you can't really fight a massive land war in Europe with like a dozen guys no matter how high quality, so they lied to the people to get them to sign up.

That's the problem. You can't identify or really understand a character like this, it still feels weird to me. I'd rather have lolis in more colorful stuff or comedy, but I don't see the point in having one here (well of course I see how this would sell but...), why not just have adults directly then? Plus anime actually lacks strong women characters (I'm getting odl so I'm watching less stuff but the last I remember were Balsa from Seirei and Hamyuts from Bantorra)

Anyways it's still fun and beautiful, but yeah.

>bbc.co.uk/guides/z3kgjxs
I misremembered, they spent about five days every month in the firing line.
Yes, World War I was horrible, but overall it was not nearly as deadly or dreary as it's made out to be.

Good post

Funny how that ended up with entire villages male population being murdered at the same time

>This anime world probably lacks the military genius that Germans happened to have.
They had to have the Japanese salaryman come across as smarter than everybody else somehow.

>Rommel
Rommel was a meme commander with good PR.

Reality makes not for good story unless you're willing to have a lot of timeskips and unresolved plot threads.

>Guderian
>Mannstein
>Rommel
It's WW1. All you're getting is von Moltke, von Falkenhayn, Ludendorff, and von Hindenburg too.

schlieffen plan was not used in WWII, it was planned but fell into allied hands and was abandoned resulting in the germans attacking slightly to the south through heavy forest.

In WWI the schlieffen plan actually hurt Germany because violating Belgian neutrality ensured British involvement in the war, or at least hastened it.

I'm aware that the schlieffen plan (WWI Ver.) wasn't used, but the same concept remained, that being invading through belgium and avoiding the highly fortified French-German border.

Those five days really, really sucked though.

what are howitzers, rockets and mortars.

To be fair this is pretty much what the eastern front was like in ww1. the main german army out maneuvering the russians using the german rail network.

Now I want to play a HOI set in WW I with an accurate trench warfare system.

And Colonials getting shitted on by Ottoman.

Which they managed because the Russian army was such a massive shitshow.

Even to this day, Canadian, New zealanders, and Aussies are mad.

Canadians didn't fight the Ottomans.

Also the byproduct of putting the colonials on the tip of the spear every time is that the colonials got all the glory. Fucking tea sipping flaccid dicked britcucks couldn't take a trench if they dug it themselves.

you bitch, those weapons were used as "fire with direct aiming", not true indirect fire

Wait, is the British Army actually somehow threatening Germany from all the way up in Leeds?

The navy?

What's the Navy doing on land and how does the mobile force force them back from the other side of the sea, and why did they bother with them before taking care of France the much more immediate threat?

Let me retort with a quote from Ferdinand Foch, French General and Generalissimo of the Allied Forces.
>My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.

I guess it could refer to marines attempting to land in the Netherlands or something like that. I imagine it being a very strategic location in the hands of either party (hence why the Netherlands itself had a long tradition of neutrality).

Joffre > Foch

>Renault FT
>Not Char B1-Bis
Char is my tankfu.

> Serebryakov
I know the japs can't into proper Russian grammar, but can't the scanlators please fix their bullshit.

It looks better now, it has personality and it doesn't looks like a generic background character.

Aren't they German?

It's russian surname, not even eastern europe slavs'. And the proper female form is Serebryakova.

>lets start war with everyone else
So Germans here as much retarded as in real history.

Except they don't. They got attacked by Scandinavia who elect their own Hitler and France attacked them while they try to fend of the Nordic.

Rapable/10

What about Russia?

Russia didn't participate in the war yet afaik. Too busy with their purging.

Serbia started WW1