Maid Dragon

Soon.

Hopefully we'll get some reactions after the prescreening.

Other urls found in this thread:

smt-cinema.com/site/marunouchi/detail.html?cinemaid=A0000945&type=0100&screendate=20170109
twitter.com/tmokhrs/status/818397254205599744
youtube.com/watch?v=okBHQWnYImg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When this is airing again? Last weekend seems empty as fuck compared to previous season.

In 2 days.

>fhana OP

Absolutely based

>In 2 days.
Damn and thanks user.

Looks boring

We look forward to not having you shitting up the threads, then.

Shit taste

Hopefully it won't be as dull as LWA's first episode.

>dull

You have some pretty terrible taste friend

I didn't think it was dull but certainly very predictable

rdy

This is going to flop like Nichijou.

Guys, LWA ended up being very good. They're going to laugh at us even if this show ends well.

People say that the ED is really good.

Why brought up LWA?

Shitposting to create activity in the thread. I really wish people were more creative than this.

Both are very anticipated here and about almost all female cast. One is just yuri tension and other is pure yuri. Made by meme studios.

Event over, let's see what they say

>小林さんちのメイドラゴン第1話を見た感想は、今期1の癒や枠アニメ!!
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン、テンポよくて面白かったよ。日常の五億倍くらい
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン良かった。トールが良かった。桑原さんが演じたことで可愛さ23億倍だった
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン1話上映会終了。トール可愛いよトール。昔の良きTBS深夜アニメーションという感じで、継続視聴決定。近くの本屋で原作買っていこう
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン、好き
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン、上映会終わり~京アニが作るほっこり見れる作品で良かった~肩の荷下ろしてのんびり見れる感じでオススメ!
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン先行上映イベント終了。前列が空席の最前だったんだけど、上映中、まさかの桑原由気さんが自分の前に座るっていう。緊張して最初集中できんかったw
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン1話なかなかおもしろかったし期待だ
>小林さんちのメイドラゴン先行上映終了。頭空にしてほのぼの見れて良い。トール可愛い。「2話以降さらに盛り上がっていくから1話切りしないで見て欲しい(武本監督談)」とのこと

Great animation.
Great pacing and very funny.
Tōru was cute!.
Buying the original manga.
Typical KyoAni anime that makes you smile.
Yuuki Kuwahara (Tōru's VA) sat in front of me at the screening and I was nervous the whole night!
Very funny as I hoped.
Don't miss any episode, the second episode is very exiting - Takemoto
Many people talking about the pacing and how cute is Tōru, and her VA nailing her voice since it's her first main character that isn't a silent-ish kuudere or with a boyish voice.

Takemoto should resign.

>Great animation.
Okay, but I'm more interested in finding out if it stands to be one of the best-animated shows this season.

第1話先行上映、京アニとクール教信者作品という意外な組合せですけどちゃんと双方の味がしっかり出ているのは流石。あと、作曲クレジットにコトリンゴさんの名前もありましたよ。

>Big boob moe shitface dragon
>good

What kind of people is able to get to these events?
These sound like huge fanboys who wouldn't say any criticism.

It has no chance against LWA.
Fucking Inoue and Honda are working on the show.

Maybe if LWA shits the bed after the first half of the season, which it might. First episode looked good but we know how Trigger rolls.

They are called paid professionals. They spread the word.

smt-cinema.com/site/marunouchi/detail.html?cinemaid=A0000945&type=0100&screendate=20170109

It wasn't an exclusive event if that's what you're asking.

I doubt Inoue did anything significant, he probably animated a couple of cuts as a favour for Yoshinari.

A lot of praise for Tooru, might become seasonal a meme girl on Sup Forums.

At least we already know the animation will be consistent throughout.

First red flag

>監督によれば2話、3話と右肩上がりに面白くなっていくとのこと。

The excuse every director uses when he knows something's wrong.

I lost any expectation when the artstyle is the usual kyoani style and not the manga's.

Production Committee:

Pony Canyon, Lantis, ABC Asahi and KyoAni

Is that in order?

Some people are placing KyoAni first but who knows

twitter.com/tmokhrs/status/818397254205599744

Is it the ED or the OP? Who sings the ED anyway?

The VAs

Last song of the second PV is the ED

youtube.com/watch?v=okBHQWnYImg

Apparently KyoAni is first

sounds pretty comfy

Finally a KyoAni show without standard KyoAni faces.

I am looking forward to the anime but design-wise she is the worst Shinka model so far.

A few people commented on the animation but the PVs didn't particularly have any standout shots.

I really want to see Kobayashi in action.

Especially when she's drunk and on a maid rampage

Probably because she's not a Shinka model.

My reaction: it's shit.

Sounds like GodAni made another masterpiece

Tooru is Kobayashi wife and you can't denial this

Thanks leddit

The wait is long

nobody liked shinka before the show started except me

GETTING CLOSE

Reports from today's #maidragon event say the committee is:
Kyoto Animation
Pony Canyon
Lantis
ABC Animation

This confirms KyoAni are COOL fans

What?

KyoAni is the top of the committee?

They funded this?

I want to fuck that dragon

Maid dragon is gonna look like ass against all the other cute girl anime that are this season

Figures really. I was surprised the PV was first released at KyoAni's channel. Had this been another Amagi, this would've come out on some other channel.

What surprises me is they actually got this material for their own. So we could probably see this in KyoAni's event.

>google this
>first result is for Wake Up Girls
I'm dying

Oh Kyoanis going to take this failure up the ass arent they.

>Tooru will appear with Shouko and Violet at the end of the year

So basically it's boring?

He said
"I gets interesting in episode 3."

There are a lot of CGDCT anime this season for kyoani to be fucking up.

Why are Kyoani shows one of the last to start in the season.

there can be more than one good show in a season.
Fuck off.

>LWA
>dull

>Why are Kyoani shows one of the last to start in the season.
A cour is generally 12-13 episodes long. Many shows that start in January start a week late due to New Years programming, so end up with 12 episodes. Sometimes a show only has enough content for 12 episodes and that's what they booked for.

>What?
>KyoAni is the top of the committee?
>They funded this?
I was wondering why KyoAni's name was so prominent in the trailers themselves. So now we know they coughed up the cash for he privilege.

I am starting to think KyoAni might feel that their attempts to publish their own novels hadn't been as profitable as they wished. If this means they would start funding manga that might be a good trend. It worked very well for Eupho that KyoAni funded that too.

It's been profitable enough for them to buy outside IP, plus they've just published more LNs.

Publishing LN and adapting them doesn't mean they only want to do that. Their directors probably read things from outside Kyoani that they'd like to see turned into anime as well.

>It's been profitable enough for them to buy outside IP, plus they've just published more LNs.
>Their directors probably read things from outside Kyoani that they'd like to see turned into anime as well.
I just want to emphasise that in general, Anime studios don't buy IPs. They had always been either contracted to make something for an IP owner, or made their own IPs to animate.

I am sure KyoAni isn't the first anime studio to buy IPs for their own use, but it is certainly not standard practice.

This method had been how Hollywood get their film rights for decades. But it is still relatively unusual for Anime studios to do this.

It honestly sounds pretty risky.

Hibikek and especially Koe no Katachi worked out well.

>Hibikek and especially Koe no Katachi worked out well.
I forgot about Koe no Katachi. So that means Maid Dragon is the 2nd manga that KyoAni sponsored. This certainly seem like a deliberate company strategy now.

Tooru's voice is annoying

She's cute

Well if this flops, there's always their hyped-up project, VEG to cover the failure.
>implying VEG won't be a flop too

To be honest, neither of them sound like things with high selling potentional, but it is kyoani so who knows.

More VEG info when?

>To be honest, neither of them sound like things with high selling potentional, but it is kyoani so who knows.
KyoAni knows they just need a plot that isn't horrible to make money. The question is where to get it. They only had partial success with their publishing arm because they could only hire leftovers that Kadokawa rejected. However, there are small time publishers out there who have decent manga and novels, that could have their animation rights purchased for an affordable price. The issue is they wouldn't get the profits from boosted sales of the original work, but if that's what it takes to get decent scripts KyoAni has likely decided it is worth it.

Kyoani still hasn't had a big seasonal hit since Free! though.

>"maid dragon? sounds like it could be interesting"
>it's pedo shit
welp

But their profits keep going up? Explain this

>office ladies
>pedoshit

You what?

LN publishing and movies?

If it doesn't sell like K-on it's a flop
Above average sales? Who cares, it's a flop if it sells less than K-on

>Kyoani still hasn't had a big seasonal hit since Free! though.
They don't need "big seasonal hits". They are not a massive corporation, they just need stable output that people are willing to buy. The whole point of doing both inhouse and buying IPs is to get a larger share of the sales. This means for example, even though they sold far more Haruhi and K-On DVDs, Kyoani's share of the money is barely more if not less than their recent releases.

It's just that their inhouse production of novels had been rather detrimental to their reputation, so getting some decent scripts via buying IPs would hopefully change things around.

>I literally don't even know what i'm saying the post.

I call shenanigans!

I doubt kyoani is leading the committee. Unlike shows where they are, social media and websites aren't being maintained by them. The PVs went up in their YT channel probably because out of all the companies involved they have the highest reach and subscribers.