How come Mitsuha and Taki never figured out they were three years apart when

How come Mitsuha and Taki never figured out they were three years apart when...
-They have calendars on their phone
-Any diary or note they wrote in each other's phones would have been dated.
-The newspapers around them would be dated with the day, month and year.
-A date would most likely have been written on the chalkboard in the front of their class.
-If they were using laptops or computers, there's a date in the bottom right hand corner.

It's probably not the first thing you think about when you're inhabiting someone else's body. Also. you don't see the year all that often. No one goes around reminding you of what year it is. None of my computers show you the year.

Maybe if Mitsuha was an Apple fangirl, she would have noticed Taki was using an iPhone model that she had never seen before.

NO TIME TO EXPLAIN, MISTER FRODO, WE HAVE TO GET TO MORDOR

Have you ever remember the details of your dreams? The surrounding and all, instead of your experience in it?

Yeah, that puzzled me too.

Just let it go though, it's a nice movie regardless.

The year would be literally written on every electronic device you use.

Mate, I don't have a single instance of the current year in my field of vision. If your computing devices show you the year, that's a waste of screen space because everyone knows what year it is.

I don't know what it's like to use an iPhone though. Maybe they have the year plastered everywhere.

There are no liberals in Japan, frodo

Of course each device knows what the year is, but it isn't displayed on my PC, tablet or phone. If things looked a bit old or out of date to Taki and a bit futuristic to Mitsuha, they probably just put that down to how backward things were in the country relative to the city.

The Japanese doesn't put year on their calendar.

Musubi

If you don't mind me asking, what region are your devices set to?

Deep

Don't know man.

It's just a cute romance movie

It's explained right at the start of the movie : they forget almost everything once they wake up. The only reason they even remember each other is because of their notes.

So even if Mitsuha saw "2016" plastered everywhere through Taki's eyes she wouldn't remember it once she went back to her body.

That's something you would write about though. And I actually have mentions of what year is it on every electronic device I use.

Fuck off 3DPD.

These plot holes are as big as that fucking river.

Body Swapping?
>sugoi

Vision/Memory/Data Alteration?
>dame desu

Why the half leap, user-kun?

I am more interested in how nobody connected to space figured out that comet is going to split.

It's a magical comet that seeks to eliminate the Miyamizu bloodline.