Tfw Aria will never get a remake and now it's impossible because Athena is dead

>tfw Aria will never get a remake and now it's impossible because Athena is dead
Such a shame.

>inb4 it doesn't need one
The animation and art just aren't very good. It's a product of it's times, only in Origination does it start to look good, and even then it still would benefit greatly from an update.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h5rX7DmamlE
youtube.com/watch?v=6QAmlUepqm8
youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7RrZm22Qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Avvenire had nice character designs but honestly it was kind of off putting how digitally everything looked.

>and now it's impossible because Athena is dead

There were episodes were the seniors were completely absent. It wouldn't be impossible to draw on source material in the manga to make some more episodes.

>Athena is dead
I forgot about that, so that's why she didn't have any speaking roles in the new OVAs.

They should just force Amano to write a sequel with the scrubs as the new main cast and then make an anime about it.

The backgrounds and atmosphere won't ever be as good.

>inb4
It literally doesn't need one.
Read the fucking manga if you have a problem.

So is this series just people chilling or is there conflict/an antagonist later?

What kind of antagonists would there be? They just row a boat.

>Athena is dead
I'm in the middle of Natural, and that's very sad to hear.

This is like saying the anime doesn't need to exist.

Douchebag motorboat company who pollutes the canals and ruins the serene atmosphere?

Nothing needs to exist, man.
None of us should exist.
Dust in the wind, and all that.

And they all have dog mascots.

I'm more concerned with the pacing issues rather than the art.

>It's a "Akari wants to get fucked by a giant cat"-episode

Was anybody else weirded out by those?

Well then is there really a point to antagonists that the main characters can't do shit about?

Maybe it's because I'm used to watching older anime but I had no problems with Aria's animation.

Cait Sith is best boy, so it's ok.

I liked the normal, standard ass slice of lifey episodes more than the fantasy ones, yes.

I mean, he saves her life a couple of times. It's only right that she'd want to throw him a bone every now and again.

Rather than the animation I'm more bothered by how it's early 2000's SD production, meaning mastering for higher resolution will always end up looking like shit.

>implying you don't want to get fucked by Cait Sith
The creepy cats did a great job of underlining the overall tranquility.

>or is there conflict/an antagonist later?

The only conflict the girls really face is how their life is changing and they have to take on more responsibilities and be more independent.

>implying they don't win over the motor-boaters through the power of compassion and positivity

I understand that he's supposed to be like the spirit of Aqua or some shit but to me he came off as incredibly creepy.

>that the main characters can't do shit about?

The whole point of that would be them coming to terms with how they can do something about it.

It's a fujoshi thing. They either want to be fucked by old men or animals.

How many days would Akari last in a modern city acting the way she does before getting raped, killed, or sold into slavery?

Who /Aika/ here? I ended up liking her the most.

Depends on the city. And whether there are magical cats to protect undines from niggers.

modern city =/ Detroit

You're not the kind of person that should be watching anime like this.

Is it just me or did they start drawing her more 'cute' right after she got her haircut?

What kind of person should be?

Might have. Didn't notice myself, definitely prefer her later haircut.

I'd rather an Akira.

A nice person, who doesn't think of innocent people getting raped. That's immoral.

Easily my favorite. She felt like she had to change and challenge herself the most. Alice only had people being envious of her, while Akari was pretty much a Mary Sue.

Akari>Athena>Akira>Alice>Aika>Alicia

Who /Long Hair Aika/ here? All the aikafags I've seen only liked her after she cut her hair.

>Alicia
Ara ara, you're a huge fucking faggot.

Her braids looked dumb. Thick braids are good no matter what, but thin braids are literally china queue tier.

Not everyone lives in a shithole of a town or even country

She's so kind it's uncanny. And I can empathise with Akira's emotions a bit too much

I dont think the hair really changes the character. I just prefer the short hairstyle.

I loved her long hair way more. Took me a while to get used to her short hair.

Uh pirates, duh. They're beautiful girls on the high seas.

Mah Nigga

The Aria OST is one of the greatest achievements of mankind.

Just send her to Vienna or Lucca. She would be fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=h5rX7DmamlE

>Well then is there really a point to antagonists that the main characters can't do shit about?
You have never been paddled, have you?

S-she will be fine !

>Avvenire
>"I wonder why Athena isn't saying anything."

youtube.com/watch?v=6QAmlUepqm8

>tfw Utena is actually dead

>It's a product of it's times
Fuck off sakugafag, the Aria anime is perfect. If you want to be an autistic visual snob read the manga

>just started origination
I'm not ready for this to end. I've never felt so comfy watching an anime. Every episode is a feels ride for me, I even start tearing up at the opening song. I've tried to take my time to finish this, it's been almost 5 months since I started. Fuck. I'm supposed to watch iyashikei for healing myself, not for feeling depressed afterwards. At least I finally found my favorite anime, I guess.
/blog

You have real life for that. Plenty of meanies.

Fuck off faggot I'm watching it for the first time now and even the animation of the first season is great.

Aria has been digital from the start. There's not a single incarnation of animated Aria that wasn't made using digital inking/painting/compositing.

After you're done with Origination just watch Avvenire, read YKK and then read the Aria manga.
I guess you can read Amanchu too.

>not wanting to be fucked by the physical/spiritual manifestation of the city

>tfw you realize that Aria is just a glimpse into the unreachable perfection that is "the best of all worlds" and that you literally have zero chance of ever experiencing the magic of Neo-Venezia first hand, even in death

fuck

Aria is a show you can relax and reflect on life watching. If you're expecting conflict out of an SOL show you're watching it for the wrong reasons.

Ara ara~

does anyone have a high res version of this or any high res aria art for that matter

Got a few more but they are all bigger than 4mb.

>tfw done all that
I'll never be as comfy again

She's a big girl.

you wouldn't happen to know a place where they'd be hosted. I really like aria wallpapers.

Holy FUCK I love Akira and undine dresses SO MUCH

Yeah but you don't see 3D models plastered everywhere along with after effect water.

Why the fuck does terraformed Mars-into-a-giant-Venice have a giant cat spirit in particular?

I mean, for all the places for him to go, he decides to JUMP PLANETS.

It's fucking magic, I ain't gonna explain shit.

Why would you want it?
I'm gonna bet it will be awful. Lots of modern directing nowadays doesn't match pretty well.
Also, it's Sato's magnum opus. He won't want to make any change.

Instead of remake, it would be better to redraw it, where every single scene will be rescale to proper 16:9 resolution.
Also, vid related is another best reason to do that.

Does proper scan of premium book 2 and 3 exist? I can only find bits and pieces of it

All 3 seasons of Aria still use 90s-like camera direction, where most of the time in an episode, the camera is still and move in 2 dimensional line.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7RrZm22Qg

Akira is a tip tier girl.

>tfw Aria will never get a remake
I'd rather a full YKK adaptation.

I'll be sure to that, user