Why do liberals hate Classical Music so much?

Why do liberals hate Classical Music so much?
Why do Jews love it?
Isn't it the white man's culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Vcb4b
youtube.com/watch?v=RPtYhvMYio4
youtube.com/watch?v=EMkELvW39oE
youtube.com/watch?v=LSWWmWHYSdo
youtube.com/watch?v=JNjNuQJG9xY
amazon.com/New-York-Philharmonic-175th-Anniversary/dp/B01M5FQZCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512441290&sr=8-1&keywords=new york philharmonic
youtube.com/watch?v=rftzxqY3hqM
youtube.com/watch?v=q5OaSju0qNc
youtube.com/watch?v=71NCzuDNUcg
youtube.com/watch?v=jnRIU4u7B9o
youtube.com/watch?v=4QbmCMLMH0E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Strauss_I
youtube.com/watch?v=zcogD-hHEYs
youtube.com/watch?v=zwdiH9MQZHs
youtube.com/watch?v=jh8q6CfhjtI
youtube.com/watch?v=jv-HdS7DHas
youtube.com/watch?v=fwqDDFkOaCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Liberals hate it because they hate white people, Jews love it because they love stealing the good things white people make

Because to play it or compose it takes a good deal of skill. Much like pre-modern art. And libs hate anything that requires hard work or God-given talent.

Liberals hate classical music? Never once come across that. All my musician friends are liberal as fuck and into classical music

>Classical music has been circling the drain for years, of course. There’s little doubt as to the causes: the fingernail grip of old music in a culture that venerates the new; new classical music that, in the words of Kingsley Amis, has about as much chance of public acceptance as pedophilia; formats like opera that are extraordinarily expensive to stage; and an audience that remains overwhelmingly old and white in an America that’s increasingly neither. Don’t forget the attacks on arts education, the Internet-driven democratization of cultural opinion, and the classical trappings—fancy clothes, incomprehensible program notes, an omerta-caliber code of audience silence—that never sit quite right in the homeland of popular culture.

archive.is/Vcb4b

Merry Christmas anons!

youtube.com/watch?v=RPtYhvMYio4

liberals love it what are you even talking about

There's some confusion in this thread. Old boomer liberals often love classical music. However, young millennial liberals generally don't like it. I'd even go as far as to say that a good chunk of young classical music listeners are right-leaning since this is one of the few fields where you cannot dispute the superiority of white men and not be laughed ait.

>this is one of the few fields where you cannot dispute the superiority of white men and not be laughed ait.
Until you realize how many Jews there are in classical music. Then again they know how to make good music.

Ashkenazi Jews are european.

I'm studying classical piano right now, but I wouldn't necessarily say white men are indisputably superior. The genre itself is European of course, but it's Asians and Jews keeping it alive.

I'm talking in terms of composers. I suppose if you really want to count Jews separately then they would be the only other notable group.

chopin is for the one handed

I would count them separately, but Jewish composers don't hold a candle to the gentiles. Great pianists though

What does that even mean?

"A composer for one right hand." Wagner on Chopin.
Also hourly reminder

I think he's making reference to the idea that Chopin was a great composer for the right hand, and that the left-hand was used for time keeping and outlining the harmony. Then you can pick up a piece like the Op. 61 and see that in his serious pieces, it is nonsense.

Libshits hate it because it's made by whites.
Jews love it because it's good.
It is the white man's culture but so are cars and electricity. This world be literal feces without whites.

>Jewish composers don't hold a candle to the gentiles
I love Mendelssohn though

Which classical composers are Jews? And proof, not just we wuz hearsay.

Classical music itself can be pretty powerful.
What turns me of it is this layer of snobbery around it. I'm superior, I listen to classical music unlike you with your primitive rock and roll music. Quibbling over whether one piece is better than another. Every time I have actually gone to the orchestra the people I've run into have been really far up their own asses.

Mendelssohn's greatest accomplishment was the Bach revival. Not denigrating his composing but he spearheaded that movement

youtube.com/watch?v=EMkELvW39oE

thats a big nose

Bach is in a completely different level than any other composer that ever existed.
youtube.com/watch?v=LSWWmWHYSdo

4u

Mendelssohn, Meyerbeer, N. Rubinstein, Bloch, Paul Dukas, Moszkowski. Godowsky, and a bunch of faggot kikes that took over American classical music in the 1930s-1960s.

There were plenty. Mendelssohn, Mahler, Schoenberg, Rubinstein, and some others I'm forgetting.

Perhaps. But many of his works are standard repertoire which is more than you can say for most composers.

>Isn't it the white man's culture?

it was but now it's drum and bass

They can't indoctrinate you with it and they can't censor it

This is also true. After the 20th century kicked in, most Jewish composer wrote garbage. The good Jewish composers were almost all Romantic ones imo.

Oh, and I forgot Alkan, of course, whose music I hate but teenagers who are impressed with piano technique seem to think is a god. He was a Jew. And Moscheles, but I don't know if non-pianists would know or care who he was. He wrote some very good etudes.

So, outside of Mendelssohn and the Strauss clan, a bunch of literal who's.

Andre Rieu is an excellent conductor and musician though tbf.

Romantic composers are the niggers of classical music.
youtube.com/watch?v=JNjNuQJG9xY

>Schoenberg
>literally who
I wish. I actually don't hate Schoenberg's music that much but I hate the school of composers he influenced.

>t. juan

The people who listen to only classical music can be compared to someone who only listens to covers of 70's rock. There's only a limited pool of classical music so the same pieces get played over and over again by different orchestras. I can appreciate the works of classical composers, but it's far from the be-all-end-all that some would hope to convey.

I don't like Gould, I can't get over his disrespect of Mozart

ben shapiro

Jews can play the music extremely well(Rubinstein, Heifetz,Perlman, Horowitz etc. etc.), but they haven't been able to compose at the same level.
Asians are able to study for a trillion hours and play any piece of music, but remain totally devoid of emotion and therefore have to compensate with over exaggerated body movements, which I can't stand.

Rieu isn't a jew is he? Never heard that.

There's hundreds of years of music to draw upon though

I'd agree with this, although I think Asians are improving on the emotion front

>There's only a limited pool of classical music
amazon.com/New-York-Philharmonic-175th-Anniversary/dp/B01M5FQZCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512441290&sr=8-1&keywords=new york philharmonic

This collection alone has 3 days worth of music, with almost no repeat performances. Though the best part of classical music is listening to different interpretations of your favorite pieces of music.

Same.
Now that i think do you realize how nobody ever talks about women doing just fine in the classical music industry? youtube.com/watch?v=rftzxqY3hqM
Literally nobody ever says muh women are underrepresented or anything, it's funny that feminism ignores women doing good in a field in which they are able to perform good

checked

>Schoenberg
meh

youtube.com/watch?v=q5OaSju0qNc
How can goyim even compete

The Strauss's weren't Jews. Neither branch of the family, though Richard Strauss wondered at one point if there might be a nigger in the woodpile, so to speak, that would bring his Nazi support tumbling down.

Paul Dukas was a great composer, but one who wrote very slowly. Moszkowski is mostly known for light piano music. Mahler was one of the greatest symphonists in history, whether you like his music of not. Rubinstein was one of the most popular composers of the late 19th century, but his music was pushed aside with the emergence of late Romanticism. Meyerbeer was another very popular operatic composer, including his opera Robert le Diable. Say what you will about Schonberg, but I consider him a great composer.

So, no, they weren't just whos..... Some of their work is an integral part of our musical culture. It's just that they never seemed to dominate that culture until they got hold of the publishing and later, the recording businesses.

>code of audience silence
>never sits quite right
with niggers

>Merry Christmas

youtube.com/watch?v=71NCzuDNUcg

Checked
/thread

He didn't compose it. A German did. He's just a trained desert monkey.

My piano repertoire teacher went on some tangent about privilege and women in classical music but it's largely not a big issue. Uchida is arguably the most renown interpreter of Mozart, and Russia and China are always churning out top tier female pianists.

I actually like listening to specifically women sometimes because I have small hands and want to see how they play certain passages

Point being that there isn't anything new other than revisions of the piece as played by different groups. The ideas are stagnant. New classical music can't be considered classical considering the era is over.

The mindset of the western world. We listen to hateful rebelious music. We don't honor history and greatness but we seek to destroy or defame it.

>Jews love it because they love stealing the good things white people make
>cultural appropriation
You wuz kangz too?

youtube.com/watch?v=jnRIU4u7B9o
How is noseberg even close?
Wait but did she said women have it easier or something?
>the piano size is opressive

Realizing that even a contemporary of Beethoven and Brahms such as (((Joachim))) was of the tribe caused me to be deeply suspicious of (((their))) influence in classical music.
Even the great J. S. Bach would have lost to the shadows of history if it hadn't been for (((Mendelssohn))).
In my experience modern classical music has been completely overrun by (((them))).
I wish I had paid more attention to a book I once encountered in the dark corner of a library discussing how (((Bernstein))) and his (((kinsfolk))) had essentially destroyed the genre in modern times, but I was far too bluepilled to appreciate what I was reading.
>t. Classically trained throughout my youth, have a degree in music composition
>Captcha: "PLACE MONEY" ugh...

Barenboim fucking sucks. Name a "classic" Barenboim album. You can't because he's a bore. He had to use a sickly, saccharine British cellist to make his name.

Like this
youtube.com/watch?v=4QbmCMLMH0E

Sorry user, but the Strauss clan were kikes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Strauss_I
>Strauss had a Jewish grandfather, Johann Michael Strauss (1720–1800), who converted to Catholicism.

The beauty is in the interpretation, not something that you might understand
youtube.com/watch?v=zcogD-hHEYs

Of course classical music is dead. Nobody wants to hear anything that was written after WWII. Almost all of it sucks. Classical is far from the only genre that's dead. Rock is largely garbage too. That doesn't erase the 100s of years of excellent classical music though.

This
Now I don't know if they actually enjoy it, or they just do it to give the appearance of refined cultured intellectuals

go back to Sup Forums and ask those faggots
then crank up moonlight sonata as you neck yourself

It's nonsense that Bach would have been lost without Mendelssohn. Whose music did Beethoven's father teach him to play keyboard instruments with? This was 25 years after the death of Bach. Whose fugues did Swieten ask Mozart to arrange for him? Schumann would probably have done the big revival if Mendelssohn hadn't.

fpbp

No she said something about how her male students wouldn't listen to her or respect her and she plugged some "women in music" event, asking the women in the class if they were going and imploring the men to go and be "allies."

Brendel is superior to any Jewish pianist when it comes to Beethoven, Richter as well
youtube.com/watch?v=zwdiH9MQZHs

jews hate Wagner so they don't like classical mastermusic

Nobody listens to J Strauss I music, and I don't think 1/8 makes II a Jew. Richard Strauss was not a kike either.

I can agree that the 110 years or so of the classical era had some great pieces derived from it. And they should be appreciated. But the thing is, there are people who refuse to look outside that window of time because everything else is "inferior" and it gives classical a bad name to some.

>Brendel
Muh nigga. I have pic related and it's glorious.

kek, that's because she's a shitty teacher that can't be respected, not because they're males
I can't get over Glenn Gould tho
youtube.com/watch?v=jh8q6CfhjtI
Maybe because he was autistic as fuck

best composers were all germanic

Get out of here with that Brendel shit. That guy is such a bore, and all of his Hammerklaviers suck. He is also probably the worst Liszt pianist that I have ever heard. When you can't play the music, play the role of the great intellectual professor. Listen to me, as I bang out my Beethoven in thick, ungainly, harmonic blocks!

>Jews love classical music
>*record scratch*
>*music stops playing*
Richard Wagner would like to have a word with you.

one drop

but I do enjoy the waltzes

Richard Strauss is clearly the superior Strauss anyway.

I would agree. I also listen to plenty of rock and metal which may make me pleb in the eyes of some.

exactly this

German Composers - God tier

if you arent familiar with wagner then you dont belong on this board, or anywhere in white civilization
cultural illiteracy in whites is the #1 thing that will propel us towards the untimely demise of our people and yes, our culture

It's also not the Jews or the Asians that are keeping classical music alive. They might be keeping the industry alive, but they are not keeping the art alive. Who wants to listen to yet another cycle of Beethoven symphonies conducted by Jew Conductor of the Month? Who wants to listen to yet another set of Chopin etudes played by Ching Chong Chang?
The ones who are doing the serious work these day are Finns, Hungarians, and Baltic composers.

It's funny because all of the men in the class think she's a shit teacher (she is, lesson plan is all over the place and we don't actually learn anything), and I know a few of them are lefties. In fact the ones I know that are super left are the most vocal about how they don't like her.

I agree, Chopin is great though

means that chopin was not a titan, he was only a pianist, unlike beetho or wagner

This makes goes towards you, takes your gf's partiture and conducts it, what do you do?
youtube.com/watch?v=jv-HdS7DHas

>there isn't anything new other than revisions of the piece as played by different groups
There's plenty of new stuff desu, the old stuff is just vastly more popular because they're generally considered to be the best of the best.

Even if there weren't any new compositions, there are hundreds of years of compositions in western canon.

>The ideas are stagnant. New classical music can't be considered classical considering the era is over.

"Classical Music" isn't the same thing as the Classical Period. Classical music is basically applied music theory, with music theory being the traditions of western music. Music from the Classical Period can be called "Classical music", but outside very specific contexts "Classic Music" is just a traditional form of music. It's still being taught and practiced today.

You aren't giving it a fair chance. Liberal snobs aren't classical music. Just ignore them.

all of them mediocre compared to germanics

Perhaps you're right, and drunkenly overstated the point, but that Christian LARPer hack (((Mendelssohn))) swooped in to take the credit so we'll never know.
To be frank, despite my extensive training, I do not trust my understanding of musical history at all; I do consider J. S. Bach to be the most talented composer in recorded history.
I also love Beethoven, Brahms, and Wagner, and did so decades before I conceived of it in terms of my German heritage being naturally drawn to the great Germanic composers.

My favorite contemporary violinist is Julia Fischer.

Because not all people are the same you autistic lunatic.

I agree, but I love Ruskie/slav composers are my #2 spot.

>hey guys i heard you like classical music too xDXDXDDxdddd youtube.com/watch?v=fwqDDFkOaCc
>once again proof that women have it easier

>I have made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years.
I would like to go back in time and kick that piece of shit (((Schoenberg))) square in the nuts. This kike thinks he has the right to call his atonal noise "German".

I do listen to classical every day, plenty of air time on my drives to/from class. I have nothing against the genre and on the contrary quite enjoy it. I'm just saying that there are people who listen to only classical and put down every other genre of music when their choice also has its inherent flaws, which is the opposite of liberal and open-minded from what they claim to be.

The Romantics were always interested in the past, and Mendelssohn really DID do a huge amount of work with Bach. He deserves a lot of credit for what he did, but I would just balk at saying that Bach would have disappeared forever if it weren't for him. You can see the influence that Bach's work had on both Mozart and Beethoven, but they didn't have the same academic inclinations that Mendelssohn had, nor the resources at hand that Mendelssohn did. Schumann studied Bach extensively, including together with Mendelssohn, and it was really just a matter of when the music would be revived. It's not in my power to call Mendelssohn a hack because I believe he was a great Romantic genius, but yes, the idea that Bach would have died out is overstated.

>about as much chance of public acceptance as pedophilia
Joke's on whichever faggot wrote this dross...

im surprised they are trying to argue its wrong to be quiet during a show of any kind and people shouldnt be shamed for being obnoxious

How do we make classical music, specifically those from Germanic composers a Nazi/rightwing/whitesupremacy symbol?

Troll people with Wagner obviously.

>Until you realize how many Jews there are in classical music.
You're half right
>Then again they know how to make good music.
This isn't that half.
>I love Mendelssohn though
Seriously, why tho?
>What turns me of it is this layer of snobbery around it.
Yep, that's totally true. :/
>Bach is in a completely different level than any other composer that ever existed.
I can't agree with "ever existed", because by definition we cannot know, but when it comes to composers recorded in our history you are absolutely correct; he is the greatest composer that history remembers.
>They can't indoctrinate you with it and they can't censor it
Heh.

that's some deep dense retardation you got going on there pal

>Even the great J. S. Bach would have lost to the shadows of history if it hadn't been for (((Mendelssohn))).

How retarded are you, exactly? Beet adored Bach and could play virtually all of his major keyboard works from rote.

The only music that is your culture is the music produced by your people. I don't recall Beethoven being American or Americans being white.

>Americans
>culture
pick one
The closest to culture you can come in USA is sniffing old 200 year old dollars.

>I don't like Gould, I can't get over his disrespect of Mozart
I kinda don't care that much about Mozart; an unpopular opinion, I know. I like Mozart when I need background music to something that requires intense concentration, but when it comes to focusing on the music itself, I'm kinda meh...

This is Mozart in 1782:

I go every Sunday at twelve o'clock to the Baron van Swieten, where nothing is played but Handel and Bach. I am collecting at the moment the fugues of Bach—not only of Sebastian, but also of Emanuel and Friedemann.