You are not going to heaven just beacuse you say the word jesus before you die

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
Footnotes:

James Chapter 2

Why not both?

I don't see what the big deal is.

i know the new testament has multiple verses about faith being salvation, but James through Christ clearly defines what TRUE FAITH IS. Prove me wrong Sup Forums

Exactly. One is the other

ASK A CATHOLIC WAT THE BIG DEAL IS

I'm a catholic. Maybe they used to say something about it before Vaitcan II, but I never heard that this was a point of argument. Modern RC sucks a lot in many ways.

But if you stop and think for a half second, why would you even argue? Sounds like something a pack of rabbis would do.

Rabbis are old testament.

Yeah but I've always been bad at spelling and I'm not going to attempt the "p" word. Rather; the point is that the Babylonian Talmud comes comes out of the rabbinical oral tradition and also evil, so saying "rabbi" is close enough.

The thing is what deeds should be done?

Almost every church or volunteer group active today is awash in liberal nonsense about aiding foreigners and accepting degeneracy.

What cause is actually worthy these days?

My works are currently non existent but I would like to think that being a decent human being and helping those I run into counts for something.

I really don't know though.

>there are people here who actually think they're gonna go to heaven just because they are christians
>these same people deny the teachings of christ, wish death and suffering upon mankind and spread hate against mankind for being of a different skin tone or faith
Prime wew, lads. Enjoy your eternal damnation.

Minister to the people around you brah. It's not about belonging to some larger official structure or getting good boy points.

Just help your fellow man.

Correction. You are not going to heaven. But that is only because it does not exist.

>accepting degeneracy

no, we're not

aiding foreigners isn't a bad thing as they are possible to bring to Christ. however, not using the welfare state because after all, if you don't work then you shouldn't eat.

there is a difference between spreading hate and just wanting to preserve the demograghics of your country; otherwise, I agree

When I was much younger I burglarized a church on Easter night with my girlfriend and we desecrated the alter.

I'm not going to heaven.

Confession is important, so you took the first step. Where you go from here is in your hands.

The bible is fairly clear about other races.

Jesus was not a jew

Can't argue with that. The bible said it so it's true.

You damn straight

>you need a religion just to do good things for people

>666
Heh, unlucky there (((holy))) man.