Anime will never be Shakespearean

Anime will never be Shakespearean

Thank the Heavens, Shakespeare was a hack.

Tanaka Romeo is something that you can call Shakespeare of the Otaku industry, but now no one can adapt his beautiful writing story well.

Shakespeare wasn't even Shakespearean. Stuffy old Oxford professors turned it into something it wasn't intended to be. So in a way, Eva is the anime equivalent to what we consider to be Shakespeare.

You're the reason why anime is shit.

appropriate picture name

>Anime will never be Biblical
Devilman reads like it was written by a child. Art is good though.

You got the joke. Good job.

HOWEVER

im gay

Trust us, you DO NOT WANT.

Why does Juliet look more like a dude than Romeo?

Devilman is like primordial anime. Of course the writing was shit, but it's to be appreciated more for the works it inspired than it's own merit alone.

What is Zetsuen no Tempest.

It doesn't have to be THAT bad.

I disagree. I recently started watching an anime entitled Pico to Chico, and all I can say is… Wow. Unlike so many modern shows that stumble over every excruciating minutia of their characters, Pico to Chico tastefully crafts a story and leaves the characters to mystery (only a fool would dare call the character development “shallow”). Post-modern existentialism is the soup of the day as we progress through their adventure, only to find that materialism is the only thing that keeps us living, but it’s not in a pompous, pseudo-intellectual style that implies that’s a recent phenomena; it’s handled delicately but will impact you in a way that leaves you asking “Why?” Unlike our hack-ridden film industry, Pico to Chico uses metaphors in an excruciatingly subtle way. Sharp-eyed spectators should be able to spot the humanistic properties Chico’s sister displays. Just when you think all of the questions raised will be answered, the film comes to a halt, leaving you, the viewer, left to ponder the hidden questions scholars have kept to themselves up to their untimely deaths.
I don’t think this film justifies an arbitrary rating of stars; it’s much better than that. It deserves a place among the highest modern philosophical works of our world. Nietzsche, thy name is Pico.

not Shakespearean enough

But what about the sequel? Where do you stand on Pico: My Little Summer Story and Pico x Coco x Chico?

F91 seems as close as anime has gotten to shakespearean

shit taste Devilman is great

I bet shakespeare if he existed today would be the autist making these threads.

Is Shakespeare actually amazing or is it just pretentious farts circle-jerking?

shakespeare exists today tho

Plays should only be experienced when performed.

The more you know about literature the better he gets.

Not just his stories, but also his poetry and unparalleled command of the English language.

dude killing is great but you kill a king ur evil lmao.

I saved you a lot of time.

It's a mix of both. Shakespeare has amazing command of flowery language, but everything he says is incredibly base and shallow in actual meaning.

He crystalised some concepts that had hitherto never been put so wonderfully in recorded history in such a straightforward manner.

He's like the isaac newton of literature.

Good. When I want to experience literature i will just read literature. Anime fulfills other purpose, like pantsu and over the top melodrama

>He crystalised some concepts that had hitherto never been put so wonderfully in recorded history in such a straightforward manner.

Like what, you pretentious cumsucker.

Shakespeare is just the Dragon Ball Z of the literature.

Berserk

Shakespeare is more about its execution and not about the writing alone. The writing itself is above the average writer in both concepts and prose. But trying to 'read' Shakespeare is like trying to read the lyrics to a song. Most of the time, you won't understand what was intended and it comes off as an incoherent mess.

It takes actors, who specifically train to act in a certain way, to produce the rhythm and flow that is intended. And even then, most actors don't do it well (I'm looking at you Patrick Stewart).

To summarize, reading a Shakespeare production is like getting your teeth pulled. Watching it performed can either be an amazing experience or listening to someone read you the script and magnifying the pain you would have experienced reading it yourself.