Why is the prison setting so underused in anime?

Why is the prison setting so underused in anime?

If done right (like pic related) it can produce a great show, filled with unique characters, many different sides to root for, constant danger, intrigue, double crosses and yaoi.

Here, I'll even write plot for you:
A japanese tourist gets arrested in america, for having some weed on him. He gets 10 years in the worst maximum security prison possible. He quickly joins an asian gang and decides to do everything he is told, in order to survive.

There are no protagonists in prison, since it's filled with bad people.

that plot sounds your typical 80s hollywood trash

>If done right (like pic related)
Hey guys, we just discovered a new aging pill that makes inmates 20 years older in 2 years, and we decided that if you take this you get 20 years off your sentence because your body physically ages 20 years.
Bravo Oz, BRAVO.

>no cute girls
instant axe, make it a girl's prison

Plenty of anime and manga protagonized with nothing but evil people.

Make it like the labor camp part in Kaiji. "Good guy" lands in jail, groups up with other "good guys", arc where they establish their position among other inmates, including bad guys, arc where they group up with the bad guys in order to overthrow the corrupt prison leaders, etc.

Make it a bit like Rainbow aswell I suppose.

In Japan prison is a fun place you go to and make friends.

Hot milf warden? Nurses? Psychologists? A hidden reverse trap, among the prisoners?

generic as fuck but I'd watch it

:^)

Japanese highschool set inside a prison

It doesn't sell.

Nope, the fun prisons are in Sweden. I was locked up there for 3 years. its more like an hotel/actual rehabilitation center.

Deadman wonderland didn't sell too well either, right?

The jew of the North Star?

but it's not?

Jap prisons aren't like that. They're more like strict work camps

His grandfather was Hitler so it cancels out don't worry

>What is Stone Ocean?

Can you bring a laptop/do you have Internet access? I've been thinking of committing a crime in Sweden if my autismbux plan doesn't work out; is this a good idea?

Ive been meaning to read Jojo for like five years now but ive keep putting it off.
One thing I wonder is what happens between parts, is it a timeskip, different universe, omnibus with different characters, if it doesnt spoint too much, can you enlighten me to what actually happens when one part ends and another one starts?

From part 1 to 6 you get the same universe. Protagonists only share the same bloodline. For example: Part 1's protagonist is the grandfather of Part 2's protagonist.

It's all about the heirs of part 1 MC's, so it has a timeskip of differing lenght for each generation. But it gets more complicated and it would be a huge spoiler.

Mostly new characters every part, with MC being a member of the same family as the previous MC. There's a few AU in the later parts as well I believe.

Best jojo part and AOTY 2018.

Allright, thanks niggas.

I think more prisons anime would be great but after all, any theme can be great in anime
even the petanque

There was a tv in my room, and we were allowed to use the computer room on our free time (everything we did was monitored tho). Also, if you study IT in prison, then you might get some more privileges. It mostly depends on the prison. Try the neetbucks plan first, before going to jail. I also pulled the neetbucks plan of, by claiming to be an asperger with a fear of people.

>thinking SO is not the 3rd best part
>thinking SO will get an anime before 2020

exactly. Did you see a season 2?

The prison environment is a lot different in Japan compared to that in the US. They also don't want to glorify it.

The Japanese prison setting is called an office.

>If done right (like pic related)
Oz S1 is great and S2 is good, rest is dogshit

>aging pill (why)
>we will execute you!
>jk we won't
>actually we will
>HALT THE EXECUTION, DENWA IS RINGING
>ok now you can kill him
>literally fucking Jesus

What in the fuck where they smoking? The moment Beecher stopped being the mc show went to shit.

The prison is a metaphor, the real prison is our minds, bro

>Sweden

I heard their middle class are highly taxed in there. Learning that their taxes would only go to worthless criminals to smooch is pretty insulting. Welp, its amazing how the Swedish government indoctrinated their people tho. I wish I could do that too

Nope, stone ocean is the best that jojo has done.

The later seasons were weird, but Ryan's keikakus and beecher/vernon/keller feud was amazing till the end. Also, the musical episodes was hilarious.

Beecher beating the living hell out of vernon and then shitting on his mouth was godly but the keller/beecher thing went on for too long I think

and what about the chinese refugees inside the prison? Great show, but then they lacked of ideas. O'Reily was my favourite character, all the rest were full crazy nuts

O'Reily was great which is why I was furious when they completely fucked his character in later season. And his brother was such a fucking bad actor.

Well retarded people don't act normally

So they hired a retarded actor to play a retarded character? Sean Penn portrayed a retard and he did it phenomenally, this guy just straight up acted like a 5 year old. Anyway I'm cherrypicking now, there were way worse things on Oz than one bad actor.

What was the name of that huge black rapist? He, O'Riley and BeecherxVernon carried the show.

Better than being indoctrained by Breirbart or Sup Forums.

Still better than anything anime

The negro with the impossible side beanie, his name was Adebisi

Busmalis was also a funny character

That's it, Adebisi. What a legend.

I actually don't remember Busmalis at all, which is weird since I'm a Greek myself.

Japan simply doesn't have the same "prison culture" of western countries like USA.

Prisons are boring setting because they don't change very much.
And it can be difficult to write compelling stories withing a prison aside form generic Prison escapes.

See that's the problem, on the topic of prison most people think about escape, when you should be thinking about rape.