Former Studio Ghibli animator confirms on Twitter that Miyazaki treated them like trash

Former Studio Ghibli animator confirms on Twitter that Miyazaki treated them like trash.

>People quitting the job, making nightmares, being hospitalized, even thinking of ending their days... Crazy stories

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HoLtyQwRn5c
blog.alltheanime.com/aya-suzuki-in-her-own-words/
youtube.com/watch?v=-2tOLbZLpWE
sakugabooru.com/post?tags=aya_suzuki
youtube.com/watch?v=ngZ0K3lWKRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is it with westerners who come into the anime industry and immediately start stirring shit?

>had lunch with a former Ghibli animator
Sure you did.

I'm not surprised by this. Animation work in Japan is pretty much slave labor unless you get lucky and work at Kyoani.

No shit

Look at the way he treated his own son

first post best post
contraversy for contraversy's sake is an american cultural thing that japan does not share

Aren't most animators working in hellish conditions?

Do people really think that working under a famous director makes their circumstances magically better?

SURPRISE SURPRISE!

ANIMATORS ARE TREATED LIKE SHIT IN THE ANIME INDUSTRY!

NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE!

What if it's just an assmad animator, fired because he did a shitty job, trying to get back at Miyazaki? Anyway, even if it's true, I don't have a problem with slave work if the end result is good and I can enjoy it.

that animator was probably salty because he was fired by Miyazaki since he is shit.

All these faggots talking behind Miyazaki's back.

Who is this Thomas guy?

This.

I don't know why the person who supposedly had lunch with the animator is expecting anything from this. The working conditions of a studio are shoddy anywhere. Prolly because Ghibli is a household brand name.

They were making nightmares?

Miyazaki treat Anno like royalty, user.

Pretty much everybody knows that the anime industry is already hellish as it is and that Miyazaki is a draconian dou hebag who micromanages every singe thing his animators do, so I don't know why this is considered newsworthy

Romain isn't just coming in though. He's been at Satelight for a few years now.

>had a lunch with a former Ghibli animator
This is just like 8 years old child is crying meme.

Minor dude working for Kawamori at Satelight. He came up with Basquash, if you remember that, and now basically just does models, concepts and backgrounds for Satelight.

French Weeaboo, made Oban Star Racers/.

My father from NIntendo confirms this.

>Had lunch with a former Shaft animator.
>He told me they gape all the whores and fuck bitches, pretty uplifting.

I also had a lunch with a former Ghibli Animator just recently. He told me a lot of sweet stories about Miyazaki. Weird.

Talking about Goro obviously

Read his interview where he talks about his father.

>Without my knowledge, he (Hayao Miyazaki) summoned the animation team and told them “you have been working behind schedule and will never be able to catch the premiere, so why not just drop it and hold a strike?” He kept suggesting that the animation staff quit working on the project; I didn't know it until much later. As a father, he never supported me becoming an anime director like him, and that's probably the reason he is always in my way. However, as a creator, it is natural to slow down the progress of your opponent with every possible mean.

can confirm, my dad works at miyazaki and he said it's terrible

I don't care as long as Miyazaki delivers.

Can confirm, I am Miyazaki. Fuck animators.

Here is the thing though guys. This is isn't just some highschool student with Kanji in his name. Thomas has been in Japan working in the industry for literally years now. Yeah, he's just some french hack, and his shows suck, but why is it so hard to believe that someone in the animation industry, working in japan, had lunch with another animator, and they talked shit?

It's not like anything he's saying is new. Miyasaki has had rumors like this swirling about him for years.

can confirm, had sex with a former Ghibli animator. He said Miyazaki sucked good.

I'm Mononoke, can confirm OP is lying.

Didn't Miyazaki have a kindergarten in the studio for the workers' kids?

So what?

He just talked with one fucking animator.

He is just salty that he'll never do anything even 1/4 as good as the things Miyazaki shit out.

Not unheard of, because quite a few animators are female

KyoAni has the same thing

Watch any Miyazaki making of or behind the scenes, obviously he didn't treat them like shit.

Good thing, then. This is why Murika has shitty actors/singers that only got the job because their famous parents got them for them.

Can confirm, my dad is Miyazaki, he hates my movie even if it was a masterpiece.

He told me I should fuck off after I finished the movie. What an asshole.

I'm his son, I am as genius as he is.

Miyazaki here, those are propaganda videos. Animators are all losers.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or you're just clueless but Goro still has a job in the industry and he's gonna be directing some CGI shit.

But I remember reading Miyazaki encouraged the staff to bring their kids to work and create the kindergarten for them.

Wow what a hateful man
youtube.com/watch?v=HoLtyQwRn5c

>all these miyazaki apologists

""""""""""""BREAKING NEWS"""""""""""
ANIMATORS ARE LOSERS WITH AUTISM. THEY ALSO TALK BEHIND THE BACK OF THE DIRECTOR.

>even if it was a masterpiece.
But it was awful.

What I am saying is that Goro at least got the job because he worked for it, unlike the kids of Murikan celebrities.

Can someone post that video where Miyazaki makes ramen for all the animators, and later they find out the ramen was poisoned?

I can't find it. Thanks.

Can't wait for him to die.

I always chuckle to myself when normalfags think Miyazaki is some Walt Disney bring dreams to life motherfucker when in reality he's a bitter old sod who has a stick up his ass. But no he can't be bad he made those movies that aired on Toonami.

Okay, let's assume everything he said is a hundred percent true. He's still a jealous faggot eating rice and squid with a crybaby faggot talking all that good shit about a famous director because anything ever becomes an easier target the more popular it gets, and Miyazaki is very popular.

>“The Wind Rises was one of the most difficult projects I worked on. Even though it’s of considered a great honour to work on a Miyazaki film, it’s actually quite a struggle for Miyazaki to find animators because not everybody wants to do it. Very little of your work stays as it is – my work on Death Billiards and Wolf Children was more or less untouched, whereas Miyazaki’s way of working is that he’ll correct each and every frame, drawing all over it. So as an animator you feel a little demoralised…
>“Between Japanese animators I know, Ghibli doesn’t have the best reputation, not because it’s a bad studio but it can be quite disheartening for an artist. But having said that, it was a great experience to work on The Wind Rises. Working with Miyazaki was one of my dreams, one of the reasons I became an animator.”

blog.alltheanime.com/aya-suzuki-in-her-own-words/

It's not exactly new that Miyazaki is harsh when it comes to that kind of thing and asked a lot for the sake of quality.

But animators are treated like trash in every studio. How does that make Miyazaki worst?

At least he makes better anime with his trash staff.

But he didn't work for it, Hayao basically gifted him Tales of Earthsea to direct when he had no prior experience directing. Then Goro turns out to be shit at it and that's why there's a rift between the two.

So tweet about 8 years old is crying because trump wins the election from verified twitter accounts are true?
Really makes you think

I've been reading his book, they blew a ton of money on a new building, hand-designed to better support their animators. Another thing I thought was cool was that everyone, regardless of position or status was allowed in design meetings and were encouraged to give creative input on projects. He actively tried to create a place where animators could work under healthy conditions and those with talent were given opportunities they wouldn't have had elsewhere.

She isn't even in the credits of The Wind Rises.
Was she fired? Was it salt?

Watch from 30:30
youtube.com/watch?v=-2tOLbZLpWE

Because animation skills aside, they're still obnoxious, know it all weeb faggots who like to give off an air of superiority like us. It's amazing they can still pass as a functioning human being after the ego boost 'getting into the industry' must have given them.

Sounds like her animation sucked ass and all her work had to be corrected by Miyazaki.

Poor Miyazaki, had to correct someone's trash animation.

You know they say Osamu Tezuka was an asshole to most everyone he met and had an ego to match his legacy. Just goes to show you, if you ever want to be one of the truly great ones you have to be a dick.

He threw those goats out of the window, fucking monster.

I think it's more about westerners being vocal in public compared to japanese animators.

The japanese animators are probably eve more butthurt but they can't bring it to write about it so they talk behind everyone's back when they are drunk during dinner or some shit.

Who is she? I can't even find her name in the credits of the movie.

He was a workaholic doctor who also helped shuttle the industry forward by basically setting slave labor as the standard work practice. Sometimes I wonder if what he did was a net positive or negative for the industry.

Tezuka like barely qualifies as human though

Can confirm, I am a cousin of Taro Yoko. Animators in Japan need more rights/ benefits instead of being a paid slave that gets pennies in return of their hard work.

Crazy stories bruh

>REALLY
People who do this should kill themselves.

Poor Miyazaki, his son is shit.

>"AI CGI is an insult to life itself."
hmm

>that envy for star wars

My fucking sides

It's not like Miyazaki himself is treated any better. They are all on the same boat.
If you can't work as hard as Miyazaki you shouldn't work with him.

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=aya_suzuki

I think she must be young, doesn't seem like she worked on a lot of stuff (Death Billards, Wolf Children, Kon's unfinished movie)

>miyazaki is a terrible person
>nerds still suck his dick and defend his shitty actions
wow what a shocker

And now Star Wars is shit and stuck with a Mary Sue to please the feminists and a nigger to please SWJs.

I don't care if Miyazaki is a dick.
He made movies that made my life better.

whoa! a Sup Forumsturd that brings irrelevant shit into my threads? that's new!

He might be a dick but nobody can deny his savagery.

youtube.com/watch?v=ngZ0K3lWKRc

>He made movies that made my life better.

Miyazaki manages to make everyone butthurt. I cant think of anyone off the top of my head who can generate so much online anger for so many different reasons. He is truly magic.

Who the fuck cares about in-betweeners?

You know, whenever I see Kanye fans they openly admit that Kanye is a shitty person but they still like his music.

I don't know what it is about Miyazaki's fans that give them such this massive sense of defensive entitlement where they have to defend both his films AND his character. Are you guys just really insecure or something?

Seeing this shit makes me realise how much work is actually put into these movies. He really deserves his fame.

>Aya Suzuki
>I-I worked with Miyazaki and he treated me like shit
>look up wind rises staff roll
>no Aya Suzuki
kek she got served.

Literally no one is saying that Miyazaki is a good person. It's just that animators have it harsh everywhere. Miyazaki being a bit harsher doesnt suddenly make him the only troublesome place to be at.

it's simple, they're weebs.

Not the only one, just the most.

But it's true, user. The big has fallen.

BREAKING: MIYAZAKI IS NOT NICE

I'm not surprised, After that video of him going off about his disabled friend on them poor two young men, He's just an ass.

His flaws are that he is a perfectionist.

People treat others like trash, more at 11
Why the fuck is anyone surprised this human acts like a human?

He's like a regular boss. You're all just pussys.

Are you retarded? It's pretty fucking certain that some kid cried. At this age it's enough that his parents were crying (and we all saw how some female supporters reacted).
That's not the problem. The point is that nobody cares about it. People cry about shit all the time.

she's good. i liked her scenes in wolf children.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing bad working conditions.
Westerners just might be more inclined to do so because of cultural differences.

>Was it salt?
What? She even said it was a great experience.

If miyazaki wasnt harsh he'd probably put out shit like basquach. But he is harsh and puts out masterpieces.

Romain is a total SJW and can go back to france if he's so bothered by miyazaki.

Why do people care so much about Miyazaki's character either way? It's either "he's literally Satan and an awful person that I need to shit talk " or "kek look at how he's putting down these autistic animators what a hero."

Like, it's not really news that animators have shitty work conditions. Miyazaki treating his staff like dirt is the norm for the industry, whatever his actual character is. And even if he really is some awful sod I don't really care enough to defend him as a person on account of not knowing him.

It's hard to dislike a fellow autismo.

So because miyazaki is an auteur animators with too much ego get butthurt about what is a collaborative effort?
I mean why flock to ghibli if you don't like the working conditions there?
Webgen enabled everyone with sufficient skills to animate from home even.

I bet Shinkai doesn't treat his animators like shit, that's why he'll have the new box office record in Japan now.