Why do Japs love giving quirks to characters? They also do it in vidya too...

Why do Japs love giving quirks to characters? They also do it in vidya too. There's always that one character that's obsessed with a particular piece of food, an action like twirling the hair, or even just daft things they say all the time.

Do you think it adds any depth to the character or do you feel like it gets to the point where you just think "oh, so this is the quirky one"?

>depth

Probably not usually

I used to think it was neat in one piece at first but then Oda just starting adding noises to the end of characters just because.

pizzabutt aint a quirk

Real life people have quirks or irregularities of their own. If you weren't autistic and had people you spent time with regularly you'd know this.

Everyone has stupid shit they do.

This, it's not supposed to add depth because it's just how people are my dude

It's an easy way of characterization.

Then why isn't it as common in movies or TV shows? It seems to be most common in anime/manga/Japanese video games.

If it's not for depth then what's the point in putting it in?

It can sometimes be a cute addition. Kind of like the girl characters that eat a large volume of food

>Thinks everyone has quirks just like in anime
>Call other people autistic

Like pottery

>what is moe

I can think of plenty of characters from TV shows and books that have quirks.

I can as well but I can think of a shit load more from Jap media.

This-dasuyan

Your point?

Did you read what this thread was about?

They kinda do. My mother always dawdles until she has to leave for some appointment, and then flies into a screaming panic trying to get all of her shit together and get out the door in time. She also spends half of her life looking for her keys and glasses. My little sister is a 17 year-old who talks like a darkie but is scared to go into the backyard by herself at night (and is just scared of the dark in general). My younger brother acts a bit like Shigeo, except he's a terrible person with a lot of resentment issues. My pastor drinks a shit-ton of pepsi and gets fully red in the face at the slightest embarrassment. My other pastor talks like Ben Stein. The head pastor is the only person in a 3-hour drive's radius I've seen who wears bowties in a non-hipster way.
Do I need to go on? This is actually kinda fun. There was a girl in my calculus class who I'm pretty sure had Tourette's, and an Indian guy who was always really sleepy and said that he couldn't function without 12 hours of sleep. Another Indian guy I knew had so much hair on his head, he looked like a goddamn Tolkien dwarf, and he always used "ghoulish" to describe anything that was remotely negative.

I hate when they do this, I want my entire cast to act the same way like they're all homogenized, and the only difference is their titty size and hairstyle and color

And they all want to fuck me/male MC avatar guy I self insert to

I never leave my basement and my mom keeps yelling at me to get a job

Fuck the popo

Unless Lelouch introduced her to it (Which I cannot remember),
C.C. was probably eating pizza in Naples in the 1500s when it was "new". Hundreds of years alive and its one of the few things she genuinely likes.

Hey, even film directors did/do this. Akira Kurosawa always gave one quirk to his characters so that they would stand out.

This guy gets it. OP is a faggot.

Well do you think your autism quirk adds depth to you as a person?

Brutal.

I'm of the opinion that she invented Pizza.

Real life people have quirks. It doesn't really add "depth" it just gives the characters something to do that's unrelated to the plot or their deeper motivations.

>Do you think it adds any depth to the character
No.
>or do you feel like it gets to the point where you just think "oh, so this is the quirky one"?
Pretty much. I'm fine with them though, unless they take up so much screentime they become annoying.

What's your character quirk Sup Forums?

Everybody's quirk on Sup Forums is "pussy deflecting"

Looking down on others despite being a bottom feeder myself

Hey mine too

But pizza was invented later

Because it's easier to give characters quirks instead of character.

Topu keko.