Why is all anime these days either moeshit or cheesy garbage made for high school kids...

Why is all anime these days either moeshit or cheesy garbage made for high school kids? What happened to sophisticated anime, like they used to make in the 80s and 90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Kobayashi's_Dragon_Maid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just watched princess monoke, and I would have to agree with you, a lot of older shows had multilayered characters and complicated personslities. A lot of new shows feature "lets kill X!" and paints a black and white sense of morality, never really making me care immensely

No fag, all anime is fujoshit now

The overwhelming majority of 20th-century anime--to an even greater extent than 21st century anime, because of lower production values and for quite a while just aping Western animation--is utter shit. It's just that all of that shit has been completely forgotten.

Also correct. 2016 had far more fujobait than moeshit, but Winter 2017 has thankfully had a lot of the latter. Very excited for Kobayashi Dragon Maid.

Pretty cliche Sup Forumstard post, to be honest.

>Since LoGH is from the 80s, this clearly proves 80s' anime were better
O I C, i guess Log Horizon proves that 2010s' anime are one of the golden ages of animation, then

>Very excited for Kobayashi Dragon Maid.

hehehe

Go back to your Onion comics, Kelly, you sophisticated adult.

Dont waste your time dude. Is like going to Sup Forums and telling them to stop playing shitty modern games if they hate so much. They are just used to eat shit. Same as Sup Forums. Moe garbage, Shonen and SoL trash are their daily dose.

Everyone started making fun of "mature anime for mature viewers like myself" so they stopped making it.

>Log Horizon
>in an analogy with LoGH

Fuck off digibro

'sophisticated anime'

>like they used to make in the 80s and 90s
Every time

K-ON is objectively better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It is the most sophisticated anime ever created; a tour de force, the pièce de résistance of animation! LoGH is little more than plebeian dreck in comparison, its creators wishing they could have produced an anime with even an inkling of the genius contained within Our Holy K-ON. From the profound debates about eating cake, to the highly philosophical discussions about procrastination, to the marvelous musicianship exhibited by the Light Music Club, K-ON has established itself as the greatest intellectual anime. You cannot disagree unless you are a terrible person. Seriously. It's an infallible law of the universe. K-ON is a masterpiece, and we all know that K-ON has the superior tea scenes.

"A phenomenal chef-d'oeuvre. My fifteen years of work on Evangelion now feel trivial by comparison." — Anno Hideaki, esteemed anime director

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to make America great again. I am now a better man." — Donald J. Trump, 45th president of the United States

"I am an uncultured lowborn with pedestrian tastes in anime." — Anonymous plebeian, speaking in reflection of his love for LoGH

>Talking about mature anime for "mature people like myself"
>Very excited for Kobayashi Dragon Maid.

Bwahahaha.

Most "moe" is literally seinen.

because you're just a nitpicking asshole.
see i can do that too

But user Re:Zero turned out to be better than LOGH.

Log Horizon is literally LoGH set in a MMORPG instead of outer space.
I dare anyone on Earth to prove me wrong.

Certainly not Kobayashi, you dummy.

you'r wrong

besides Kaiji, all those series you posted on the right will be forgotten in 20 years because their arguments are so poorly written it feels like a JK Rowling book.

Nice post!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Kobayashi's_Dragon_Maid
>Published by Futabasha
>Demographic Seinen

I haven't seen a beatdown like this since Rodney King.

Yeah man, all of those shows. Totally.

>Muh Anime for adults!
Yeah buddy. That show was 7/10 at best.

Conveniently try to hide that edgy cult trainwreck which is the sole reason why the plot even moved anywhere.
The way they killed off you know who, again was also pretty cheesy with the evil cult thing. And people call that a masterpiece and something emotional. I'm not even going to bother with the last half of the story.
>Spaceship battles and tactics
What space? Does the author know what space even is? Friggin Seikai no Senki does this much better especially in the LNs.
>But it was all about 2 geniuses blah blah blah and democracy and its flaws/strenghts vs blah blah blah
If it wasn't executed as poorly maybe it couldn've been good but all it did was give birth to a few teenage elitists thinking this is some kind of jesus of animu.

Reverter is digifag confirmed
go whine about boring 3x3 taste fag

>muh 80 and 90 anime!
Fuck off

Sophisticated anime isn't profitable