Why can't the US make good cities

Why can't the US make good cities,
when they just have to look at Europe to see how?

they have no culture. why do you even ask such a question?

/thread

>they have no culture
umm, no sweetie try again.

Why have too many spaces were people can engage with each other, in local culture and history?

Good Worker-drones just need strip malls.

>town square
the jews decided that they'd rather have consumers in their real estate so that they're subject to their merchant laws, unlike a market square

No, I don't know. We're cultureless swine blah blah blah you know the story.

Beautiful

Thank you for showing our city Cracow

they can make good cities, they have wide boulevards and everything in their cities was pre planned making them less time consuming to go trough, unlike european cities that usually started as small settlements making the streets too small and illogical in the older bits, so I'm assuming what you meant was "why can''t americans make pretty buildings?" and the answer to that is: they got free from europe and europe to them signified opression so by association european styles were elitist and opressive to americans so they developed their own styles that are mainly practical, like simply putting one way mirrors everywhere to hide the ugly construction and the skeleton of the building

>they have no culture
our culture is bombing countries, fuck off with that meme already

The 'US' town square in this picture is Federation square in Melbourne Australia

learned how to swim falling out of a boat in november because all bridges rekt, spent childhood playing in bombed ruins, 10/10 culture m8, would get bombed again

lel based op

which city and where did you fall from a boat? more stories?

No, I mean both.
Them being crammed is a good thing. It means people have to walk around. People like streets for people, better than streets made for traffic.
Tighter city designs are also more energy efficient.

>everything in their cities was pre planned making them less time consuming to go trough,
This is wrong. There is high traffic, and everything is spaced apart since the design is based on movement with a car.

EU cities, which are based on walking, are more crammed, and FAR less time consuming to go through.

>hey got free from europe and europe to them signified opression so by association european styles were elitist and opressive
If you look at US architectural history, they were definitely inspired by European styles.
Sure, they made it their own thing in most cases, but they didn't discard it as you are saying.

>being a city cuck
>not living in the country
I can leave my door wide open all day and noone will rob my house, you can leave your car running while you shop and there's no fear having your car or stuff stolen.
And there are no crazy fucking liberals like in the city of course there are Democrats but for the most part they are reasonable people also trying to scratch out a living like us.
Yup there can be no doubt about it the county is superior to the city in a very way.

>Picture of Europe
>Not flooded by Africans and sand niggers

So that picture is from...1992?

>you can leave your car running while you shop
wtf why would you do that?

That’s not even Town Square US

>Melbourne Federation Square

>he doesn't leave his car to combust raw freedom fuel while he shops
Step it up Bulgaria

Why wouldn't I? Turning an engine off and on is more wasteful then just leaving it running for a minute or two

yeah but is that how long it takes you to shop? one minute is like running to the ATM or something

this

It's Poland. All you need to know.

the US - on the west side isn't setup like Europe - the city (down town) is were commerce happens - people live in the subburbs

on the east it is more like Europe - because that is the side that people first arrived at and just did what they did back at home: make everything in one place and hope it works

when people started figuring out how large the place was instead of putting everything together they decided they could make things a bit more organized

Paris is dirty
half the capitals in Europe need to ban cars to make them worth anything

don't be a eurofag - some times it's better to have space

Obviously it makes no sense to leave It running if I'm getting a lot of shit just a couple things 5-6 min at the most

>Them being crammed is a good thing
you are a kid

when you grow up you will realize you don't want cretins all around you that you can't avoid

It says Melbourne you dumb fuck

Also Amerimutts have no culture

>european country
>paying out americans
>meaning while blonde gf Ursula is getting nailed by Mohammad

y....y...yeah b..bu...but you still dont have any of pic related so HA fuck you

please let me know what music and entertainment you enjoy

also does your country have a franchise of a local business in the US?

It's because brutalistic architecture has very little artistic value

Serbs fav hobby, playing victim, fucking pathetic.

>compare megacity with city
Small town America is the US,the citys are just trash,all of them.

i'm not sure about america but I know here in straya a lot of our cities were designed to not have town squares or central congregation areas so that people planning political movements wouldn't have an easy place recruit and meet

Fuck off Olaf, they have great cities and they have small suburbs and rural towns. The same variability you get in Europe, but on a larger scale. Quit cherry picking and go back to ice farming snownigger

Daily reminder that the average american mongrel has a double digit iq. They could not build beautiful cities even If they wanted to.

Clearly , the US hasn't finished rendering

>from Hans who won't have a city in 20 years

Your cities were built centuries ago. Our were built decades ago.

Can you understand that?

Architecture is unique, it's cultural, it's a symbol of national pride and ethnic pride. You will never seen anything grand built again. Only modernist, cold and soulless buildings.

The nice architecture in the US is from the Britts.

they have culture but only in those territories where the former 13 colonies existed. The further West, the more alienated territories you'll find. Don't compare New Orleans or Charlottesville to some relatively new town

Influenced by the brits*
Even then they still make grand buildings to rival the great cathedrals of Europe, see the US capitol for example, imo one of the best government buildings in the world.

Nice pic, where did you got it?

Some guy posted it on Balt/pol/ i just saved it.

Tatars are so behind times that they've just started building anything bigger than a tent, but its unironically better than western architecture right now.

Please, PLEASE rain down hellfire missiles on fed square. It's absolutely fucking disgusting, sitting next to three heritage listed buildings (two of which are the most iconic buildings in Australia) and ruining the entire aesthetic. It would honestly be better if it were just a large open space rather than have that building exist in its place.

Nice, nice.

Was hungry, but now I can eat.

Because when Europe was building, writing symphonies and making cool shit America was banging each other over constitution. You’re comparing different timespans

>europe
>good cities

your roads are shit
your infrastructure is thousands of years old

>filename
Was thinking about that when I saw the image

>tfw no treesome with lithuania :(

Where is it user?

>he doesn't understand the culture of becoming the biggest lardball and then having lardball sex

> tfw no treesome with lithuania :(

Why would they? Niggers and leftists wouldn't be able to appreciate them anyway.

Why should they improve when they can destroy ours?

Our town square looks like its harder to drive a truck through :/

Thats becouse we are relatives.

Test

Fucking proxies. It took 10 minutes to finally start posting.
Even worse, I got a gypo IP... Great

This street is like a block away from USC and is filled with restaurants. Them students gotta eat that's why they're poor

Is this an architecture thread?

incest between girls aint that bad

Ugliest building on earth. That doctor seuss shit makes me want to puke.

Why are people so opposed to decoration? Why does everything need to be plain?

lol
>A-America made us change our architecture, we had no choice :(

Euros are such worthless shits, you do nothing but bitch and whine and blame all your problems on the US. I'm glad your countries are comitting mass suicide and we won't have to listen to you bitch anymore.

Meh, at this point it's an architecture thread

its called brutalistic architecture

Bottom looks like someone let the mayor’s daughter design town square.

this one just seems like money saving cuz shit like that is incredibly expensive nowadays

R8 this building.
yay, nay or ayy?

Screaming "bomber Harris do it again" while denying any involvement in the destruction of old buildings seems a bit odd my defecating friend

>money saving
nah, just commie renovation
Because architects are taught to hate Baroque.

4/10

Thank you based Brit. Have a gr8daym8

>dumb mutt doesn't realise his country will commit suicide first. Why do amerimutts have no self awareness?

We took influence from everyone.

We have had 2000 years to practice

>Why can't the US make good cities,

I thought dome raping was a Hungarian thing only.

I feel sad for her tho

Texas in particular is far too vast to be travelled by anything less than a car or horse, and trains and planes are for longer distance. It takes like 6 hours to cross this fucking state, that's why Everything is so spread out, there's simply too much land to cover and people want 40 acres of their own and everything reflects this

kek

B/C America is Israel's bitch, fighting their wars for them and letting their banksters loot our economy thru their fiat money scheme.
Now (((they're))) telling us that race is just a social construct to poison minds into letting millions of moronic Africans invade.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Glass houses

Our architecture schools are completely fucked, attended for 2 years, was taught how to draw abstract figures and think about "the feeling of space". 2nd year during studio, my critic assigned us a project where we simply had to dump ink on a 24x18 sheet of paper, then create a lattice-like roof with small dowels. Still not entirely sure how this taught me any of the precedents, but whatever, wasn't my cup of tea, far too little math, far too much time spent talking about the pyramids and mud housing.

This is true. It is not just America. The entire 21st century western architecture is utter garbage.

I am an architecture fan. One time I was trying to find the most beautiful church, Cathedral or Basilica that was completed in the 21st century. literally the only one that is kinda note worthy is the Basilica of Our Lady of Licheń in Poland (Sagrada Familia is great too but it is not complete). The rest is average at best, mostly trash though.
I checked if it was the same case with islamdom. But most 21st century mosques were actually quit pleasing to the eyes. Just REEEEEEEE

We should bring back Gothic architecture and build on it. Or come up with something better.

I think the problem is modern architecture and the mentality of architects.

Pic related. 21st century Christian architecture vs muslim architecture.

inb4
>we don't need chritcucks
shut up. Christianity gave us the best architecture.

>entire culture revolves around biting people on the neck or being gypsy shits
>claims we have no culture

you're already a second class citizen in your own country, friend.
Your entire political system puts Muslims before you.

America is building walls and banning entire countries.

Which European cities are you talking about, and which iteration of them? Most have been built and rebuilt two dozen times over. We could make our cities look nice like yours too, if our nation and cities would just burn to the ground six or seven times.