How come our generation doesn't have an Evangelion equivalent yet?

How come our generation doesn't have an Evangelion equivalent yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yNizwPBaU6U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZPcfPOTt8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Madoca is already the Evangelion of anime.

Kiznaiver aired last year dude.

Flash in the pan, dunno if itll happen again.

Basically you're admitting you're a teenager.

Aldnoah.zero?

SamFlam

sry, the tv series is fucking boring guys

[monologue bongos]

>our generation

Because Evangelion tells a story that transcends the genre. IMO, one of the greatest stories ever told. For that reason, it will remain relevant for as long as modern man can empathise.

It's called Hidamari Sketch.

Eva is something that happens once in a lifetime, what other series had such an impact in the industry that has been as lasting? The closest thing in the same sense is Madoka, and even then, it's small in comparisson, we may be 20 years away from the next "Eva"

Literally just finished End Of.

Shinji you fucking massive, melodramatic, daddy issue, planet sized cunt. Kill yourself.

>planet sized cunt
He isn't Rei

youtube.com/watch?v=yNizwPBaU6U

Because there's too much anime nowadays. Its hard to get a ton of people to focus so much time on just one, so I think if there was a show that had the potential to be as highly regarded as Eva it would mostly be passed over by modern anime fans.

It's too large and popular of a medium

Watch it again, ESL.

we'll find out what it is next generation, and everyone will be complaining about that generation not having its own evangelion

Honestly, I just finished the main series for the first time and I don't get why people are so super confused. Sure, it was a bit out there and quite a bit is intentionally left vague, but I thought it was pretty straightforward that at least Shinji was uploaded to the human instrumentality project. The last two episodes were him getting acclimated and there are a couple strong hints that the entire series was a figment of his imagination as he tried to fit into the project.

Does it get more confusing with the movies and such?

This

Our generation's Evangelion is Evangelion

>Shinji you fucking massive, melodramatic, daddy issue, planet sized cunt. Kill yourself.

There isn't much he could do even if he stepped in to help Asuka, the whole Third Impact was already in motion when SEELE activated the Eva series and Gendo sticked the Adam embyo into Teh Rei, I don't think Shinji could stop the alien magic that was already activated, his only choices were evolving mankind into a gestalt entity or not.

Shinji was just some fairly realistic 14 beta kid whose parents happened to be involved in some Illuminati Conspiracy and because his mom was playing god with alien magic and got trapped on a Titan he was needed as a pilot, Shinji never truly knew what the fuck was going on, the Children and Nerv were pawns to SEELE masterplan that was sabotaged by Yui and Gendo.

>ESL

>How come our generation doesn't have an Evangelion equivalent yet?

Because the industry today does not allow for it.
Producers are unwilling to fund potential flop's, while funding what they believe will make the most money from extra curricular product sales.
(Gif related)

>our generation
>our
Not everyone's underage, kid.

>extra curricular

>extra curricular
Fine,

Extracurricular

happy?

Because the industry doesn't have space for something truly unique.

Just a reminder that we are currently in the year after the events of the final episodes of evangelion.

Secondary reminder: there are people who were born after evangelion that are older than 18.

first post most underrated post

Oh please... Nobody is having any serious discussion of Madoka anymore. All that's left is waifufagging. Meanwhile, EVA continues to be discussed and theorized by philosophers, theologians, and dedicated fans alike even to this day.

It's Madoka and it already surpassed what Eva did and if you done believe me look it up.

No Madoka is discussed just the same and Eva has shitposting as well. You're just being blinded because you're an Eva fanboy. Name other anime series older than ten years old that still get daily threads on Sup Forums.

The fact is Madoka was already being compared to anime series like Evangelion, Bebop, Haruhi and all the greats just weeks after release and episode ten has been voted as the best episode in anime history many times already. It's surpassed Eva.

This man did the impossible and saved anime.

I watched Madoka, didn't really like it. :/

NGE that's got something for everyone though. I'd tell my mom to watch NGE I'd tell someone to watch NGE as their first anime, It's even got something for the waifufags

Marina destroys Eva in music as well because half the music in Eva isn't even original.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU

What are you talking about, the rebuilds exist?

Madoka*

Even as a first anime to watch Madoka beats out Evangelion although I wouldn't recommend either for your first.

>theologians

>Oh please... Nobody is having any serious discussion of EVA anymore. All that's left is waifufagging. Meanwhile, Gunbuster continues to be discussed and theorized by philosophers, theologians, and dedicated fans alike even to this day.

>so shit he forgot the name
I see.

>Secondary reminder: there are people who were born after evangelion that are older than 18.
fuck

Shinji did nothing wrong. He took the brave choice in staying in the real world instead of staying in his own personal Matrix.

Nice argument but not good enough. The facts are Madoka outdid Evangelion in everything fans claim to love the series for down to the characters themselves.

>inb4 nobody compares Madoka to Evangelion
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZPcfPOTt8
Fast forward to the end and that's only one of thousands of examples.

Because they're already better.

I'm not sure which of these posts is worse.

We don't need another Eva when the original still exists.

Madoka's soundtrack is generic Kajiura shit, just like Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online, etc. etc.
Meanwhile, Eva has a unique, memorable, emotion-filled soundtrack.

The music is original. The story is based on a classic German legend nerd. Madoka caused the biggest wave in the anime industry since the release of EoE which is much harder to do in modern times and the funny thing is Madoka was supposed to be nothing.

Eva was a fluke, there were too many circumstances that helped it to become popular that it will be impossible to replicate a success like that in the future.

>hyped as fuck years before release
>no more Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon, people were thirsty for the next big thing
>prime time on TV Tokyo
>one of the first examples of the committee production system
>abnormal levels of unemployment at the time, more people watched it than in normal circumstances
>very controversial, even more people watched the last 5-6 episodes
>because of that a shitload of people bought the first episodes on VHS, making it the second best selling TV anime ever

And beyond that it left a huge legacy in the industry, mainly the transformation of Akibahara in otaku paradise and the creation of the late night anime blocks. No other anime will get that kind of influence in at least 10 years.

A lot of the songs in Madoka aren't even a real language and I hate to break it to you but yea it is more original that Eva music because most Eva music isn't original and that's literally a fact.

>all these brain damaged Madoka apologists

I'm sorry the truth hurts but Madoka shot right to the top of the list of elite anime only weeks after release and many believe it to have surpassed Evangelion already. When it gets older and nostalgia kicks in for most fans it's going to likly be considered the greatest anime of this generation.

I'm also a huge Eva fan btw and watched it back when it aired on Adult swim but I'm not going to try and deceive myself into believing Madoka didn't take what Eva did very well and do it better.

>theologians
What the fuck? NGE has absolutely nothing to do with theology.

I've tired it twice the whole way thru and this show fucking sucks

You haven't forget already, have you?

>A lot of the songs in Madoka aren't even a real language
Not him, but that is exactly what he said - generic Kajiura shit. She'd been doing the whole Kajiurago thing for ages before Madoka.

Yeah, it's not exactly old news that most of the religious symbolism was just placed to look cool

She's elite and it's her style of music.

Sounds like someone's not watching Yuri on Ice

First relevant post hits it one the head. Young millennials alway thinks they're something else, when really they're trash; capitalism makes them think they're special, by selling consumer technology.

>She's elite
She was high-tier at some point, but recently she's been very samey, and Madoka's certainly not her best work. Also, I get that you like saying "elite," but it makes you sound like a faggot.
> it's her style of music
Okay? That doesn't mean it's an argument for originality, like you seem to be saying. When she's done it regularly for ~ten years, it's just same-old, same-old.

>Re:Zero exists

Checkmate, atheists

Do people actually think Madoka Magica is anywhere near the quality of Evangelion?

Do people really think that the flat basic and boring characters from Madoka Magica compare at all to Evangelion's deeply flawed, fleshed out, and physiologically complex ones?

Evangelion isn't good because it has crazy shit in it (though most people think it's good for exactly that reason), it's amazing because it displays characters that feel human, that are complex with their own problems and flaws, characters that explore human nature and speak to the fears and lives of real people.\

TL:DR:
Evangelion isn't a masterpiece because it has crazy terminology, or buckets of symbolism, it's a master piece because it's characters are incredible, and Madoka Magica doesn't have shit on it.

Bait. Unless you really think so, in which case you must watch more anime outside of the usual seasonal tripe.

> Re:Zero

When people think a shitty harem anime is the same as Evangelion because of gore. What the fuck is wrong with people. You're all retards.

The best episode of all time is Texhnolyze 19, and nothing from Madoka would even make my top ten.

>physiologically complex
Come the fuck on.

No her style is her own and therefore original.

How are they not?

Also I agree on Texhnolyze it's my favorite show. Eva's in my top 5 though.

>How are they not?
You're missing the point. "Physiologically" is not the word you meant to use.

THats just your opinion but it's been voted #1 many times and a lot of reputable people whose job it is to create anime agree. Thanks for your opinion though.

>Anywhere near the quality
No it surpassed it.

> a lot of reputable people whose job it is to create anime agree that Madoka 10 is the best episode of all time
Nice source.

Believe what you want. Madoka is here to stay and there's a reason we're still talking about it.

Oops, My mistake user.

I meant Psychologically.

No one read my post anyways so whatever.

That's just your opinion, and five million polls and God himself all disagree with you. Thanks for your opinion, though.

> Says it surpasses it

> Doesn't even address my full statement

Read my entire post fucktard

You all may enjoy the older style of Evangelion more but from a reviewers standpoint Madoka is equal if not dominates it in alot of aspects.

>be newfag
>ask friends for anime recs
>end up watching Eva and Madoka back to back
I got what I deserved.

Polls

wew that's not going to be your strong point if you're wanting to compare Eva to Madoka because as new as Madoka is it's already up their with it. Wait until Madoka is truly old enough to be considered a classic and it won't even be a competition anymore.

Nope, Madoka lost all the polls. Every single one. The polls even say it's worse than Ginguiser. Believe what you want, but you're wrong.

That must have been pretty rough.

Like I said just wait and how many awards does Madoha have compared to all those anime including Eva?

Madoka*

You can't trust fans because they will always vote for what's older even if they like another series better. You've got to go off of reviews and awards.

>all these "muh doka" fags autistically arguing for their moe, waifu trash anime
Anime is dead I guess.

Madoka is better than Evangelion. Most Eva fans like to believe it's deep when a series like FLCL makes it look like a tiny puddle. They're sold on style and the girls in the series. This is all fine but let's not compare Eva to an actual good anime like Madoka. I'd much rather compare it to FLCL. That's actually a competition.

Evangelion is already Madoka of 90s though

Konosuba is our new Eva

>waifu trash anime

That's rich coming from an Eva fuckboi.

So many words about three terrible anime.

>img
Really now?

>Calling Madoka Moe

Why don't you try and watch it first because obviously all you know about it is the animation style.

Episode ten of Madoka alone was more enjoyable than the entire EoE movie which was he only good part of Evangelion.

Eva
>A show about characters that deal with high concepts

Madoka
>A show about high concepts that are relayed through characters

It's all about what you like better, but there's no doubt that Eva was better directed.

>better directed

Yea that's why the last three episodes were shit because they ran out of money. Should have used it better. That's a high quality director.

it has, there's been plenty of shit this gen