Why doesn't this show get any love on here? Is it too mature for Sup Forums?

Why doesn't this show get any love on here? Is it too mature for Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

aoyamahiroyuki.com/post/150897791919/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it was simulcasted on Amazon Prime, but only for the UK.

Not only were the rips mediocre and delayed to fucking hell, there were no other alternatives to watch it.

...What?
Are you retarded

>too mature
More like too boring

Rakugo is "mature" too and it gets plenty of discussion

Commeme release was okay I guess, I did use that.Nothing much too discuss.

No?

It was literally simulcasted only on Amazon Prime UK.
It wasn't available to the NA audience through Amazon Prime.

Horrible didn't rip it. Commie ripped it but, iirc, on a 1-2 day delay.

Combine that with it being a very slow dialogue based show, it became one of those shows that even if you did start watching it, it was very easy to end up dropping on accident just by forgetting it existed every week.

>DUDE DICTIONARIES LMAO

So who's fault do you think it was that that one word got skipped? They had to hire about 15 temps to work for a week or so. Seems like a pretty expensive mistake.

The woman. Always blame the woman

OP here, that literally happened to me. Dropped at episode 7, because I forgot about it. Finishing up no so I can clear last season's shows for this season.

No, wasted talent on Aoyama's part, the show did have a budget as Aoyama was will to work on it due to Zexcs wining a bid to use him (he got off of a unannounced Hosoda project due to augments with Hosoda on said movie) but Aoyama would of been better off on Spray Of Blood.

On the plus side he brought over a bunch of ex-Bones & ex-4C staff who have been laid off from their respected studios to Telecom for something huge so theres that.

aoyamahiroyuki.com/post/150897791919/

Shoujirou Nishimi is on the right, the guys on the left are ex-Bones staff.

Enjoyed it very much. Third best of the season behind hibike and yuri.

She found like the only missing word on the whole dictionary. It would have had zero impact on the dictionary if they overlooked that but japs will be japs eh?

I liked it okay but lost interest and didn't finish it.

Same ranking here. The subtle way they handled time skips and major life events as barely even notes at all makes it feel much more like adult life. Shit just happens and it's almost never as dramatic as it's made out to be.

One of the things that I loved about this show, and just anime in general, was the ability to take a subject I never cared about (dictionary making) and give me an interest in the subject. Amanchu! did the same thing with scuba diving.

I thought it was annoying that they skipped over developments and interactions. When we got to the result I didn't feel satisfied at all. Maybe if they didn't build it up to seem like a big deal I wouldn't care but it just wasn't enough for me.

>japs will be japs
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that dictionary makers are probably autistic detailfags regardless of culture.

Yep, just go to Merriam-Webster's site and you'll see how autistic they are.

It's not like the subject matter was ever interesting but when they took away the only good parts of the show which were Nishioka and Kaguya then the show kind of just fell apart.

The post-time skip episodes were just so boring and pointless, really. The skipped word didn't even lead to anything, it was just literally forced drama.

It had a really good atmosphere though, it's just a shame that it had to turn out the way it did.

Because of the cheating and drama in it.

Only "cucks"/NTR fetishists like it.

this, I wanted to like Fune wo Amu so much, it had some really great scenes, but mostly because Majime is pretty much me with better hair and a better job and a wife, but it was inconsistent and had too many short plots that never really added up into a cohesive story

But in defense of the later part of the show, one of my favorite scenes was when fashion girl discovered the Majime's letter where Nishioka hid it.

>one of my favorite scenes was when fashion girl discovered the Majime's letter where Nishioka hid it.
I didn't finish it, could you elaborate? Did she think it was meant for her?

>The post-time skip episodes were just so boring and pointless, really. The skipped word didn't even lead to anything, it was just literally forced drama.
>because Majime is pretty much me with better hair and a better job
>forced drama
>self inserting
This is sad to read.

Nishioka left clues hidden in various books and stacks in the office, she called him on the phone for advice regarding Majime and instead of helping her directly, he told her where the first clue was and she had to go on a scavenger hunt to find the rest, and eventually got to the letter.

Which doesn't sound amazing written out, but the way it was depicted on screen was fab. That scene was a gem hidden in a show of mostly mediocre bits.

I would kill (your mother, with a horse dildo) for a stable job as an editor or dictionary maker.

It's just boring.

Maybe I'll pick it up again to finish it.

was disappointed with that obvious jump/ timeskip

It's like they just ditched Majime

Back when it was airing the threads didn't have many replies but plenty anons liked it and even deemed it their AOTS.
If you have 2 hours to spare, check out the live action. It's actually decent though it lacked a lot of character scenes (so those anons complaining about the lack of Kaguya and Nishioka don't know how thankful they should be). Majime from the anime > Majime from the film. The reverse happens with anime Obaa-san vs film Obaa-san.
Also, the second part of the series was all about achieving the goal of getting the dictionary out there, but then the sensei gets ill and dies so it kinda becomes a race. What the film got right was making the sensei a lot more interesting and including him in a few other scenes, so his death/legacy had more impact.

He might be retarded. Commie had subs for all the episodes very late on Thursdays which wasn't that long of a wait.

>It would have had zero impact on the dictionary if they overlooked that but japs will be japs eh?
Yeah, I can't believe they'd actually take enough pride in this decade-long project to make sure it's not riddled with errors. Those stupid fucking Japs.