Legend of Galactic Heroes

What ale your thoughts on LOGH?

Other urls found in this thread:

zhuatieba.com/video/XNjY4OTU0MTQ4.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GOAT
And I mean that.

Dont know. I find it rather mediocre, and i think it has problems with pacing and character development. It may be because i dont like sc-fi and very long stories.

Tell me what you disliked about the character development. Was it that some of the characters had already fully developed their personalities?

It's just because you don't like sci-fi and very long stories.

I actually really like how the developed main characters, and how deep they were, but i think that because they introduced so many side characters who were really plain and boring, story really suffered and i did not enjoyed it so much.

That's life. There are always tons of side-characters who you don't know too well.
What, would you have preferred them to not have existed? Just 4 or 5 admirals? That wouldn't be too realistic.

it's comfy as shit and everyone is tfw no gf

it's like initial d first stage in space

Pleasantly dreading the remake.

It's still happening right?

Yeah, i agree. But i dont know why we should care about aby of them. They dont give them enough exposition to really flesh them out. But on the other hand death of the main characters like Kircheis was great, because of what we knew about his Dreams and his feiendship

You're not supposed to care about them. The characters are. In war, a lot of people die. Some you know, some you don't. You may not feel bad about all of them, but someone sure as Hell does.

On that topic who was your favorite non main admiral. I don't know why but I really like Mecklinger

user, it maybe too broad, but exposition shouldn't be a mandatory on character who don't contribute much in the story composition. You are thinking of it as a set rule a story rule every story should follow instead of a independence nature of its own.

Yeah, i know about it. But i think that if they spent a little more time in exposition to these characters their death might have been more impactfull. And i think that past of some characters would have been more intresting, even if they spent like 5 minutes for each character.

Muh nigga. He's my favorite minor admiral, too.

a set of rule every story should follow*

Only so many episodes, man.

it's not gunna happen because no news so far pretty much means Japan has already forgotten about it, or it's not even worthy enough to receive an adequate budget.

also lgoh fujo checking in

I get that they want to show that death does not chose whether your a normal solider or a admiral, and by showing them as important and immediatly killing them they portray it pretty well, but if you apply it to (almost) every character then you end up with boring secondary cast

I started rewatching it recently, got stuck on the part where Reinhard's lackeys attempt to retake the Death Star by smashing it with another Death Star. And it's honestly just so dull.
This is one of the major issues; there are many parts that the show would be simply better off without, even if they're supposed to serve some worldbuilding purpose or whatnot. 25% of the show could be cut and it would probably work in it's favor.
This time around I also noticed the lack of balance, Reinhard is the intended protagonist and it shows, the imperial side is way more developed. Show tries to keep it equal but other than Julian and the opportunist politician guy whose name escapes me now, the Federation's side is little more than Yang's lackeys with barely any will of their own.

Finished it a week ago, legit every other show seems so shit now, I can't bring myselft to watch another anime.

Also, took a while to find it but enjoy anons,
zhuatieba.com/video/XNjY4OTU0MTQ4.html

I had the same felling for Berserk.

I also get the felling that some parts of it tend to drag on, and they seem to establish nothing new. But on the other hand, battles and the strategies they use are great and look amazing.

I'm afraid of the new show upcoming.