Yuri!!! On Ice

from Otomedia (FEB):

>Q: Was Yuuri supposed to be 2nd from the start?

>Otsuka [producer]: Yes. When the draft up to the final ep reached me, Yurio was already the winner.

Re-write fags BTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Aki_the_geek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are they pointing this out so often?

>Otsuka: I think the story was planned under the premise that they all continue skating. If Yuuri had won gold, he might've retired instead.

>Otsuka: Viktor was always winning by a huge margin. He kept surprising people, but I think even he was a bit stumped after his latest wins.

>Otsuka: This is where he meets Yuuri who asks him to be his coach. It might be just me, but I think Viktor felt it might help him change.

salsa twitter.com/Aki_the_geek

>Yuuri kept surprising Victor in private

>Otsuka: Yuuri keeps surprising Viktor - both through his skating and in private. Viktor was drawn to him as a person, was influenced by him.

>Otsuka: Viktor was used to winning alone, but through the influence of other skaters, his interest in skating was rekindled.

>Otsuka: This is just my opinion, but I think he started to wonder - how would I perform if I skated in the same competition alongside them?

>Yuuri keeps surprising Viktor - both through his skating and in private.

>Otsuka: His competitive spirit was also roused by the two Yuris beating his records. And by returning, Viktor stopped Yuuri from retiring.

>Otsuka: I think another reason for why Yuuri decided to keep skating was Yurio showing with all his might that he wants to win against him.

>Otsuka: Yuuri's relationship with Viktor was drawn around love, bonds with others. Yuuri & Yurio's - around the motivation to do one's best.

>Otsuka: I think Otabek wanted to be friends with Yurio partially because he felt lonely as a skater so focused on pursuing strength.

>Otsuka: Yurio has Lilia and Yakov to support him, but I'm glad he found someone who - as a fellow skater - understands that loneliness well.

>>Otsuka: Yuuri keeps surprising Viktor - both through his skating and in private.
>in private
Really makes you think

>Otsuka: Just my opinion, but I think that for Viktor and Yuuri, their coach-skater relationship is just the outer layer of their connection.

>Otsuka: Viktor saved Yuuri when he was standing at the edge of the proverbial cliff, but Viktor needs Yuuri just as much.

>Otsuka: They met when Yuuri was miserable and Viktor felt he's losing the sight of something in his life; when they both needed change.

>>Just my opinion, but I think that for Viktor and Yuuri, their coach-skater relationship is just the outer layer of their connection.

Do these things actually taste good?

>Otsuka: They completed each other and what's more, they found a new path to follow ahead of them.

>Otsuka: Yuuri said he had no name to describe this feeling and I think it captures the nature of their relationship really well. Calling it love is a wonderful way of putting it, but I think they already went above even that. It is a relationship where they push each other in the best direction.

/spam

Otsuka has more balls than Kubo

>Calling it love is a wonderful way of putting it, but I think they already went above even that.

transcending love. beautiful.

This interview is pretty bold and straightforward.

Can someone post the template of Yuri taking a photo of Victor?

>believing propaganda they're making to cover themselves
All the narrative developed during the entire show went into the trash in a few minutes. I refuse to believe they had already planned such a terrible ending.

This.

Their translations are pretty bad.

because most people expect the MC to win gold at the end

Yeah it screams rewrite when they keep having to confirm ep 12 in practically every interview. Just shows even the nips weren't expecting that narrative flip.

I am appreciating he open he is with the homo at least.

Where? I have the magazine and so far it's been pretty accurate.

>Otsuka: I felt that Kubo and Yamamoto both wanted to surprise the audience each time, which is something they have in common with Viktor.

>Otsuka: And they kept surprising the audience each time, too. When you show scenes that leave no room for other interpretations

>Otsuka: ... there's a risk of it not sitting well with some people, but Kubo and Yamamoto always plunged forward with no hesitation.

>But I think that their aggressive approach is why Yuri!!! on ICE resounded with so many people. Episode 10 was the culmination of it. It was... Quite an experience

>I think Kubo-san and director Yamamoto would love to continue working on the show for as long as they can. I'm sure they have lots of ideas. Should they wish so, I and the company will obediently let them do what they want.

The end

Thanks for compiling these. Otsuka has some balls. It's a shame this interview got posted the same day as the CR Awards shit.

>When you show scenes that leave no room for other interpretations

You don't know how happy but smug Otsuka makes me feel

Report that thread then, mods delete CR shit

>When you show scenes that leave no room for other interpretations
This man clearly hasn't dealt with hetfags. But yes, this does make me happy.

If someone STILL calls YOI a fujobait, I'll riot. This and many other interviews have already pretty much confirmed that Yuri and Victor are indeed in love.

Word of god a shit. Samumenco is homo and this one is not, I don't give a shit about interviews, anime itself is the only thing that matters.

>this one is not
kek are you serious? I love SamFlam too but fuck off.

>Samumenco
>homo

hetfags are only half the problem.

see

Oh man, I see the goalposts are shifting already.

I wonder what the odds are of the kissu getting unblocked by Victor's arm in the BD?

Part of me thinks that once we get around to Vol. 4 someone from marketing will drop a hint at it and spurn a massive spike in sales (ala. Episode 7 pre-orders).

5000 hours later

These people are no better than hetfags at this point and should be ignored. Nothing can change their minds.

Anyway, I still laugh that so many people refuse to acknowledge the kiss scene for what it was. My normalfag friend who doesn't usually watch anime saw me watching it and she had absolutely no doubt as to what the scene was meant to convey.

The odds are impossible but I will never stop applauding if they go homo with no hold barred next season.

It's good that Otsuka is supportive, less chance of them playing S2 safe with a homo plateau.

Me too. I was 100% genuinely baffled, I've seen other normies think the same.

I'm not sure. I'm 99% convinced the kiss was an stylistic choice.

Explicit kisses in anime are usually for scenes that doesn't have a romantic connotation, they are aggresive or vulgar, like death kisses and that shit. Covered kisses are usually sending the message of "this is an intimate moment".
I think Sailor Moon Crystal actually had both, Mamoru kiss was shadowed and Haruka kiss was in your face.

Kisses are usually uncovered in romance or harem anime because that's what the public came for.

I marathoned it right before ep. 11 and I didn't even know it was a question before reading these threads. It was pretty obvious

I think that some jaded fujos kind of slipped into this cynical "pics or didn't happen" mindset when it comes to homo after being baited too many times and so they couldn't see it the way it was meant to be seen. Ironically normies and less experienced fujos could enjoy it more because of that.

What is it, congee covered by some film? Doesn't look very vkusno.

Cynical fujos have been the fucking worst when it comes to YoI, literally indistinguishable from hetfags at most points. I don't know if they realize they just validate hetfags or just don't care.

>Just my opinion, but I think that for Viktor and Yuuri, their coach-skater relationship is just the outer layer of their connection.
No shit Sherlock

I kind of feel sorry for them, I can't imagine YoI and thinking: "Wow, they didn't even fuck on-screen, yet another bait" instead of feeling so happy and elated after every episode. They spoiled it for themselves.

I agree, and since Kubo said it was the most memorable scene in the whole show just proves she meant for it to be that way. I kind of agree, there's something more romantic about a couple kissing and you not being able to watch.

It is a fujobait of the worst kind. The fact that narrative couldn't clear up the things they keep reiterating in these interviews just shows where their intentions lie. Maybe I'm wrong though and they'll actively prove me and other wrong with season 2 but since these corporate fucks are so scared of shounen-ai/BL tags, I doubt it.

>it is fujobait of the worst kind
Not even fucking close.

Also who knows, could have been testing the waters somewhat, they sound like this was a risk and it was.

>Not even fucking close.
Why do you think that? It actively tried to be gay while never confirming its nature. And then producers and "Kubo-san" have balls to question the audience's interpretation and act smug about it.

They had 12 episodes and actually managed to show a decent romance in between a fuck ton of ice skating sequences. They clearly used the sports angle to develop the romance. It's not rocket science.

>It actively tried to be gay while never confirming its nature.
You're right. Clearly Detroit girl and Lily will finally appear next season and stop this gay farce.

>romance
It's funny that nobody really acknowledged it. Marriage thing is brushed off as a joke. Was there even an exchange of "I love you" or "Marry me" or anything that clearly states what is actually happening? No, because than that would mean low Blu-ray sales.

Nah we'll see Yuuri and Victor having the gayest marriage than the gayest honeymoon because the rings they exchanged means so much.

I want to see Yuri trying to speak Russian and terribly fail at it in season 2.

If you want to blind yourself to what the show is telling you, then that's your choice. Everyone else got the memo as the sales spike post episode 7 and BD sales have shown.

I want a scene with Yuuri asking Yurio to help surprise Victor and asking how to something sweet, like "You look beautiful today" in Russian. Yurio, being angry as always, will teach him something completely different.

Imagine as Yuuri will come to Victor and tell him gently: "Виктор, ты старый и лысый!"

Next day Victor will try to kill himself

>low Blu-ray sales
Enough with this meme, it's never been true and has been completely BTFO now.

It's the whiny bitches from the homothreads

Kek. Do you think he'd be retarded enough to rely on Fairy, though? He is aware how petty he can be. Plus, he can just learn from Google Translate.

Doesn't the homothread hate yoi?

Retards, they have to be ambiguous otherwise they would have BL tags instead of Sports. And having BL tag would limit their audience severely.

Yes, and they're the self-hating cynical fujos that manage to be even worse than hetfags.

i just want to know how heavy is the yaoi stuff? it seems like an interesting ice skating show.

Imagine maximum fujobait, it's 2 times that.

If homo grosses you out, don't watch it, you're setting yourself up for a disappointment. There's a naked man's ass in the very first episode.

They show hairy balls touching. Even our loli anime never got this far

It's not ambiguous at all though. And BL is just a genre label, it's not like an on-screen kiss means you're forced to put it on.

Homo =/= BL

They don't control what kind of genre label they can put.
>Ambiguous Homo =/= BL
FTFY

Everyone is exaggerating, it's not that bad unless you cannot stand the female equivalent of panty shots no matter what.

Going by that logic, No. 6 would have gotten the BL tag. Also this is bait at this point. Have fun spouting about ambiguity and denying the obvious I suppose.

Fuck off already if this show twists your panties so much. Also stop comparing this to No.6 which was not a fucking anime original or mainstream.

I don't know why you're all arguing about baiting and no homoing when Otsuka just said they love each other so much the word love doesn't do it justice

I don't see why you can't fuck off, when you're the one who's complaining how they aren't clear enough about the homo even when there an interview right in this fucking thread dispelling all doubt about the homo.

>We don't like to show our intentions
>We like to tell them
I see how this works now. I guess Dumbledore really was gay.

The first hairstyle needs to be used in next season. Wavy hair like this really suits him.

>Otsuka: They completed each other and what's more, they found a new path to follow ahead of them.
>Otsuka: Yuuri said he had no name to describe this feeling and I think it captures the nature of their relationship really well. Calling it love is a wonderful way of putting it, but I think they already went above even that. It is a relationship where they push each other in the best direction.
Beautiful.

Is that third one from the protag of Endless Night?

It looks like your average shounen character hairstyle to me

>has nothing else to say
>drags unrelated shit into this
Okay, now I'm sure it's bait. Just fuck off back to wherever you came from.

He looks so cute with Viktor's hair.

I think Viktor is the type that would actually get a bit mad if Yuuri copied his hairstyle, but it suits him.

It's not from the time when bonuses were announced, kiss happened hours later.

haganai was really shit ! even faggots on ice was better. i liked the designs and the girls but it was the worst written romance of all times

Shit, I meant it's because of bonuses

>Otsuka: I think another reason for why Yuuri decided to keep skating was Yurio showing with all his might that he wants to win against him.

I tend to forget how competitive Yuuri is, it would nag him forever if he didn't win.

>Calling it love is a wonderful way of putting it, but I think they already went above even that.

So beyond simple love, I'm looking forward to Victor showing it while skating. Hopefully he doesn't hurt himself.

We're going to lose years of our lives because of them, aren't we?

>I think Kubo-san and director Yamamoto would love to continue working on the show for as long as they can.

s2 confirmed

>Should they wish so, I and the company will obediently let them do what they want.

homo next season confirmed.

what a time to be alive

I want him to ask Yakov just to annoy him, poor Yakov.

I replied to the wrong thing

>Atleast one year till S2 or even maybe two
Man this sucks balls. Oh well, another reason to not to kill myself added in the book.

Damn, now I want a pair skate of Mila and Fairy

I've always needed this since that overhead lift.

It would be cool if they did it for an exhibition, they'd have to do it before Yurio takes his growth spurt though.