Gay wedding cake case heads to Supreme Court, with ramifications for discrimination

abcnews.go.com/US/gay-wedding-cake-case-supreme-court-ramifications-discrimination/story?id=51581307

>Jack Phillips, the owner of Masterpiece Cakes, in court documents says he "gladly serves people from all walks of life, including individuals of all races, faiths, and sexual orientations. But he cannot design custom cakes that express ideas or celebrate events at odds with his religious beliefs."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J8wxl35-Img
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>But he cannot design custom cakes that express ideas or celebrate events at odds with his religious beliefs.

what a cunt

religious nutjobs go against your atheism

does that mean you can tell them to fuck off on your job?

Why are you talking to yourself

I'm ignoring your reply because you're a martsharter and that's at odds with my religious beliefs.

Fags are the worst customers...

Fags will burn, in this life and the next.

who the fuck cares in 2017? are you retarded?

A custom wedding cake isnt a necessity. No one is trying to starve this fag. No one is saying ass bandits can't buy food, or do business, but the business owner has a right to deny business to whomever he see's fit. He owns it, operates it, and takes all the risk. ITS HIS BUSINESS, not your's or the government's.

Baker better win. Supreme Court better not be cucked on this.

>who the fuck cares in 2017
you seem to

Gas all faggots.

Personally, I would find it that much more satisfying as the baker to simply skip the high court theatrics and simply mix a juicy deuce into the cake batter.

That is so gay

I'd love to hear an actual explanation for why people think a privately-run business should be forced to engage in a transaction they don't want.

Another leftist taking something to the supreme court? Gee hope it doesnt end up like the last ruling...

youtube.com/watch?v=J8wxl35-Img

you're too dumb

how old are you, 15? go away before I report you

Let's say you own a business that makes graphic tees. A Christian comes to your business and asks you to make a bunch of shirts for a protest his church is having. They want the shirts to say "Homosexuality is SIN". Do you have the right to tell them to fuck off you will not make their shirt? Of fucking course. Should the government come in and force you to make them their shirts? Hell no.

Is making a cake a creative or artistic act? If so, I think the SCOTUS will side against the fags.

>I'm a sculptor and work on patron commission
>"Make me a sculpture of a man fucking a child."
>NO way, you sicko.
>REEEE! I'll sue!

That's basically their shitty case.

>It provides the message to all business owners (not just to one baker) that discrimination is not to be tolerated.
It validates our humanity and our right to exist in the society, legally, not simply because a couple of people happen to like us.
While a neighborly approach is always a good policy, rights must also be won legally.

Said the faggot. Kill yourself.

They prob will but it'll be 5/4. Berg and wise latina will clearly vote against the baker.

Show your flag you pussy

it's not the same thing

you're not being forced to contribute to harassment of other people with hateful shit, you're fucking with people's constitutionally affirmed normal life activities

>normal

Kill yourself. Please.

Not only are they faggots, but snitches too. Degenerate.

>refusing someone a service is infringing on their basic human rights
>a wedding cake is a human right

>I get to decide what is "hate" and what is a "normal life activity"
>First Amendment protects the latter but not the former
Your argument comes down to "muh feels" faggot. Gas yourself.

kegan is a dike so that is 3 votes against the baker and 3 votes for sodomites

People have the right to be hateful. No one has the right to try to control feelings through the government. Show your flag.

Anyone have the relevant Patri-Archie comic?

Being gay isn’t an offence you fucking dolt. Kill yourself.

bake the fucking cake

While I agree that privately owned business truly have a right to deny anyone service for any reason, I understand why this won't fall in favor of the baker.

If special provisions are granted to religious persons to deny someone equal service then I would immediately start the I HATE NIGGERS religion who denies blacks service at my restaurant chain.

the US supreme court affirmed marriage equality, it's normal

a wedding cake is a wedding cake, don't compare it to al qaeda trying to buy explosives or something

show your flag faggot I know its you milo

Yes, a wedding cake is a wedding cake. If I refuse to bake you a cake, the government has no right to blow down the fucking doors of my business and demand to know why I'm not baking you a cake under the threat of fines or prison.

gas the gays

Muslim butchers don't have to cut my bacon, so I don't have to bake fagcakes. If the SCOTUS says anything else, it's bullshit.

I'd join

Can we sacrifice watermolens to keep the dindu's at bay

The baker should just claim to not know HOW to bake a faggot cake. He can say his mentor never taught him in the ways of homosexual baking. Can't force someone to do something they can't.

Pic related cause I love tittys!

Then buy a cake you fudge packer. An artist shouldn't be forced to draw shit they don't want to.

people have the right to nobody fucking with their normal life activities

if you want to fuck with somebody else's then that's a different thing entirely

>Your argument comes down to "muh feels"
no, you're just too retarded

"If a baker has a free speech right to discriminate, the A.C.L.U. said, then so do all business owners who may be said to engage in expression, including florists, photographers, tailors, choreographers, hair stylists, restaurateurs, jewelers, architects and lawyers."

Why would the bigots stop there? What's to keep the homophobic garbage man from calling himself a "sanitation artist," plumber calling himself a "household piping artist," or retail clerk calling himself a "sales artist"?

Sorry, Mr. Phillips is not a "cake artist," he's more a plain old bigot who happens to make cakes, and "cake bigotry" should not be protected expression.

Show us your flag.

You must be an easterner because you're a fucking stereotypical leaf making the rest of us look bad through your sheer retardation

God condemns you not because you are sodomite but because you are A FUCKING LEAF

what the fuck are you talking about?

if a Muslim sells pork he'll cut it for you

That’s completely different though.

If a Jewish baker denied all WHITE MALES on the grounds that they’re white, that would be descriminatory. If he denies him because he’s requesting a swastika shaped cake for his holocaust anniversary celebration he should have every right to deny him.

>Samefagging and meme flagging

>Lel kid I'll report you
The things people do for (you)s. Stay in Reddit please

>people have the right to nobody fucking with their normal life activities
Wow it's like you can apply that to the baker. So weird how that works.

If we had equal rights under the law, then these faggots can be forced to cater to Christians against homosexuals.

If it's a one-sided Supreme Court decision, then it's invalid.

You're the cunt, go to a different bakery, faggot.

But it's perfectly acceptable for fags to refuse service to Christians, and then threaten to anally fuck your boyfriend in the middle of your coffee shop in front of them.

>All the people in this thread who think forcing people to conduct labor or provide services against their will is at all ok

Rev up those rotors

shoulda said he won't make a cake for them because they're white males

Garbage collection is a public service provided by the government, which cannot discriminate against any citizen, so that argument is retarded. How would a plumber even find out that you're gay? Even then it doesn't matter. Explain to me why the government should point a gun at private citizens and force them rondo business with people they don't want to. Every other argument is MUH feels but this is what it boils down to, you literal fucking fascist.

So they wanted him to bake a cock cake then?

You should be free to deny service on any grounds.

Hating faggotry and expressing that hatred in public is First Amendment protected speech you AIDS-riddled sodomites. I don't care how much you want to suppress anyone speaking out against your disgusting sexual deviancy. Normal people will always be disgusted by you.

Can't wait to see some feral muslim beast slaughter these faggots.

yes, even religious nutjobs shouldn't be discriminated against

that's what applying it to the baker means

only to nature, in fact nature hates gays so much they get removed from the gene pool.

Why not just go to a different baker that would make your fag cake for you? Why would you want someone who doesn’t want to bake you a cake to make your wedding cake?

Yelp will even protect you if those ebil neonahtzees try to leave MALICIOUS reviews about the encounter.

But what if I say: "I want that pork in the shape of a crescent moon for Ramadan."

And he says: "NO! That's blasphemy!" Even though he makes other novel pork shapes? Is that his right? Can he refuse my pork moon?

Question.
Were the gay couple asking the baker for a generic wedding cake, and he refused to bake one? Or were they demanding an elaborate custom design, one of those cakes that is an art piece as much as a cake.
The former, he should have just sold the cake. Once it's out of his shop not his concern how it was used.
If the latter, can't do true artwork if your heart isn't in it. Would have looked like crap, and they would have been pissed.

I would have gone out of buisness liquidated my assets and given every penny to someone else just wo theae faggots didnt get a penny or a fucking cake.

I own and run a fudge factory. I spend hours each day fudge packing. As a professional fudge packer, I reserve the right not to pack fudge for fudge packers.

Ah, special snowfake faggots need court involved for e-peen points. Who would' ve thought?

I wonder if they would sue a Muslim bakery over this

Because they look for victims.
These people aren't trying to get married like normal people, these people are trying to find Christians and put them behind bars.

They specifically hunt for the shops that wont provide them their cake, because they're faggots, they're all attention whores, so they need media attention, and this is the quickest way to do that.

It was a custom cake.
Also, they were actually offered other goods at the bakery, just not a custom cake endorsing gay marriage so they weren't even technically refused service.
These fools are sooooo boned.

Because now they can whine on social media.

there just doing it to get money and fame

that's not normal hate-free activity

you don't give a fuck about the ramadan

>Yes I would like a cake with a depiction of Muhammad please.

Because it's all about hating God. Just like wanting to be married in a church.

WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU FAGGOTS WHO LIVE IN MASSIVE LIBERAL CITIES SEEKING OUT THE MOST HIPSTER, FAGGOTY "PROGRESSIVE" BAKERIES AND FORCING THEM TO MAKE YOU CAKES ETC. DECORATED WITH SWASTIKAS, WITH "IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE" WRITTEN ON TOP, THE WORD "NIGGER", RACIST MEMES, ETC.??? I WOULD DO THIS BUT I LIVE IN A SMALL BASED TOWN IN THE MIDWEST WHERE EVERYONE IS CHILL AND CHRISTIAN

I know right, if the courts "made" some guy have to make a cake for me I'd be worried they'd mix feces into it, cause I know I would.

Forcing Islamic restaurant to serve pork will be ok too?

Hopefully the Supreme Court sides with the gays on this one so I can start enslaving people.

This man right here has the right idea.

No one should ever be compelled to serve another against their own wishes or interest. It's that fucking simple.

>HAVENT YOU HEARD OF SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE YOU RELGIOUS BIGOT
>wtf what do you mean you dont think the state sbould tell you how to practice your relgion. What are you a bigot?

So...the court will determine "hate" as a motivator or basis of intent to do or not do something? So...shooting a fag is a hate crime and NOT baking his cake is a hate crime, too? Yeah, no. SCOTUS is not going to side with the Rumpsters on this one.

They would like that, because they eat the poo poo.

Why don't these activists ever go to a Muslim bakery? Or even a bakery owned by a Christian black or Hispanic?

It would be easier if you simply let us keep your degeneracy out of our businesses but since a bitch wanna step up were going to simply murder all of you.

Tired as fuck waiting for AIDS to do the job already.

why arent we doing it?
wait... why arent we going to gay run bakeries and asking for cakes that say "its okay to be white" on it?

Here's how I view it. In the case of a generic service or product, the business shouldn't be able to refuse. Say for example a gay couple ask for a cheeseburger. McDonald's can't just say "we won't serve you because you're fags". That is arbitrary.

Now in the case of custom products or services, like the case in point, the owner of the business should be allowed to refuse.

your analogy sucks, you're not practicing that religious holiday and you're not being discriminated against based on your core constitutionally recognized identity

you're just being a cunt and fucking with somebody else, that's different from minding your own normal business and getting fucked with

What defines "Generic"?

Because they know they would lose.

>Hopefully the Supreme Court sides with the gays on this one so I can start enslaving people.

What?!

Let McDonald's put NO FAGGITS right under the arches. That's fine. The costs to them will be astronomical. There's no reason to legislate this.

If the SC sides with the assbandits, it's literally the same as the police showing up and forcing this guy to make some kind of gay wedding cake UNDER PENALTY OF VIOLENCE AND CONFINEMENT.

That's supremely fucked up.

What the fuck are you doing

I kind of hope they win honestly. Proceed to leverage the decision to harass gay bakers to make custom cakes depicting hateful things.

If they refuse, you destroy them with the legal system. The law can make a very effective weapon if you're well off enough to use it. The left has been doing it for decades, the right has not yet caught up in that regard.