Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/review/flip-flappers-episodes-1-13-streaming/.110757
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hated it

Started off good than turned to shit

I'm in love with Papika.

I loved it.

>flop floppers

I love Papika too, but no problem, because i think this scene showed us she knows how to deal with that situation.

>what's streaming?

Ignore shitposters, post stupid Papika-faces.

But did you buy BD?

faggot

I watched the show on CrunchyRoll, where i have an ongoing subscription.
Living in Europe, when i buy Anime on BD, i usually wait until it shows up on Archonia.com

I've heard people talk about Japanese amazon, but i haven't even seen a link to where i could buy it.

>watches anime about a Loli-Lesbi duo
>faggot

You might need to do some studying, user.

lurk more also maybe just leave

This face needs lamprey teeth

Flip Flappers is so fucking perfect if you ignore Mimi's relevance to the plot and focus on the magical fun adventurin, the character development of Cocona and Yayaka, and the beautiful relationship between Cocona and Papika alone.
How long till we ever get a show this magical again?

I'm still feeling empty inside without the next weekly Flip Flaps to look forward to.

They aren't lolis, though. If anythign we are hebephiles here.

I loved Cocona

Guys I think I might be in love with Yayaka.
Is that ok?

She turns out to be straight in the end right, because Cocona passes her the bunny which symbolized her maidenhood or something according to Sup Forums, plus she said flippu flappingu didn't work between them right?

Actually I think I don't care.

I just love Yayaka!

How old are Papika and Cocona supposed to be? Like 10 to 13? They don't seem to be much older than that.

2nd year middleschool, so likely 14.

That's okay, Yayaka is a best.

Yeah, they're supposed to be at that magical spot growing up where they're already starting to have their sexual awakening, but they're not quite there yet.

A lot of the shit in the show sort of ties to that theme.

The finale is more about Cocona accepting her feelings for Papika than about defeating any big enemy or resolving any plot. Which is also why a lot of people seem to have been underwhelmed by it.

>We'll never get more of Papika's cute kun kun kun sniffing

you know I actually liked this show, even to the end, but I hate people who like Flip Flappers with a fervor because how can people this cancerous really exist

Was episode 8 the best?

>Swimsuits
>Camera angles
>Yayaka flip flapping with them
>Coolest mecha fight
>Coolest insert song

I'm not even into mechs and episode 8 was my favorite.

Look for next time when Yuniko works on an original.

There's Meirochou

ment for

Post the good stuff, the cockona and papicunt faces

I'm already watching it.

It's a nice Manga Time Kirara cute girls sol comedy, and MC does resemble Papika at times but...it doesn't have the same magic to it.

I'm following her and the director from now on, whatever they make next I'll check it out.

>tfw watching it right now after a year of not watching anime at all

This show is wonderful and over the top. I love it!

Wish there could be more.

As soon as Sentai's version appears for pre-order I will.
But a BD without subtitles is just a expensive paperweight for me.

Literally 8th grade.

>stupid Papika-faces
No need to repeat yourself

What was she supposed to be? What trope did she represent?

Papika isn't stupid.

Me too

I'd be happy with just an epilogue sol ova.

The tryhard who puts way too much effort into her appearance to hide her insecurities because she wants to be like the girls on the magazines.

Is MAO in anything airing this season? She might be my new favorite seiyuu.

Which side of Papika is that?

That dress was so cute.

One of the better series I've seen in a while for sure. I can understand why some people didn't like the change in story focus around the half way point, but I don't mind it. I think it might've been boring if they'd just done adventuring without any focus or direction.

The one that wore this

The last thrid may had some problems, but also some very great moments.
>Yayaka henshin
>Nyu being useless
>M.U.S.C.L.E
>Mimi wrecking the KKK
>Salt and Mimi confrontation
>Salt being best boy
>boss rush
>happy ending
Probably forgetting some. Don't know how someone could hate all this.

>being one of the 100 person in the world that liked it
I respect your dedication.

It's not that it's hated, it's just that there were some important elements to the episodes as a whole that felt lacking. I think 10 was fine as far as this goes, but 11 12 and 13 all felt like they were made by a different studio. The way cuts were framed, the timing of the editing, the way sound effects were used, the attention to detail, the way cuts were edited together, the way scenes transitioned through one another.

All of it felt different, like some guiding had which had been exceptionally deliberate in structuring all of these things from episode 1 through episode 10 was suddenly and abruptly absent, and the episode's scenes had just been slotted together half-heartedly instead. There's a marked decrease in detail, but also a noticable decrease in focal points or points of interest in most frames. The action didn't suffer nearly as much as everything else, of course, but these are changes that are just hard to ignore.

I think 12 was just plainly a bad episode outside of Yayaka's henshin scene. Probably the worst episode overall, despite that one great scene. 13 had good content which helped make it a good episode, but these changes in presentation were still noticeable.

Apparently Oshiyama did most of the animation for the final episode himself, so I almost wonder if the schedule crunch meant he simply didn't have time to be as exacting with the directorial side of his work as he had been earlier in the season.

I agree.

The last third had some truly great moments that on their own were really good.

But it still felt off for some reason, not rewarding enough.

Many ideas have been thrown out in these threads and I'd love to get a chance to put them all together someday and see what Sup Forums thinks of all of them, maybe we can nail down what was the weak element of the formula.

The happy ending in the end was perfect, everything after Mimi's defeat basically with Cocona stuck in Salt's dull pure illusion until she goes searching for Papika at her pipe and she rescues her once again, then they fly away together.

It was truly beautiful and I think it serves as a more important conclusion than whatever fight with Mimi that came before it.

I think the weak part of the show was basically Mimi, and any parts that depended on her as an antagonist.

Yayaka's transformation and her boss rush moment were just awesome, emotional and very satisfying after such a long time waiting for it.

And everyone else had some good moments too.

And it's not even Mimi's fault storywise.

I think the issue might have been on the delivery.

Compare the emotional punch, the build up, and the shock that came from ep 8's robot fusions, it was intense, it was awesome, it was very satisfying.

The confrontation with Mimi sort of lacked all that.

Hopefully they don't have to do much for the blurays but manage to improve the final parts with some editing.

It becomes very hard to want to read your walls of text

when you linebreak after every clause

like each sentence is somehow a standalone paragraph

and the relations between your ideas

are crossing empty blue space for no real reason

I agree with all of it, you are better at identifying it putting it into words than me.

Your explanation makes sense, it was most likely missing the same focus and good direction the rest of the show had because Oshimiya was busy.

I wonder if maybe he should have just pulled off a shaft and released the last episode later but with good directing instead of delivering an ok episode in time.

Small studios and newbie directors working on low-revenue projects don't have the luxury of doing things like that. All it would have done is proven that either the studio or the director can't deliver on time, which would have been damning to both. Remember that this was a major portfolio piece for both Oshiyama, as his directorial debut, and for 3Hz, being their 3rd show ever made. The industry was watching to see what they were capable of, and they at least proved they could deliver episodes on time despite a schedule rush and maintain enough quality standards to deliver on the important action scenes.

I see. That's a good point. They could still improve it on the blu rays. I want to cling on to that hope.

There's so much work that would have to be put into that improving. Considering the actual sales numbers, I don't think it's likely. They'd be practically re-animating entire swathes of the later episodes for virtually no monetary benefit.

We'll probably get some minor touch-up fixes here and there and maybe the bike scene from 12 will get fixed, but I wouldn't get your hopes up that they'll pull some major turnaround.

How bad were the BD sales

>I think the weak part of the show was basically Mimi, and any parts that depended on her as an antagonist.
Yeah, this. Evil-Mimi was just a cliche-spouting villain with no personality. Good-Mimi was just a wet sponge. Maybe she should have been more of an environmental-hazard-puzzle boss with psychological elements?

Literally Fractale.

Ha...Ha...No more...Please let me rest, Cocona

Me too.

Fuck off already

Let it go already. It's not healthy.

But we are not done mourning yet so give us more time to cope with the pain. Tragic goodbyes are difficult you know.

The salt is real.

Jacob Chapman, the guy who made this show popular in the first place and then subsequently started the shit storm about episodes 8-12 being bad, says that the finale was amazing and saved Flip Flappers. He ultimately gave the series almost perfect scores.

animenewsnetwork.com/review/flip-flappers-episodes-1-13-streaming/.110757

>tragic goodbyes
They ended it on the happiest note possible so letting go would be easy don't get me started on the quality drop in last part of the show with the Mimi shit. I liked it and all, but shit I haven't thought about it since it finished airing.

Damn even the trolls are still posting in these threads. That's quite hilarious.

>cums so hard she becomes retarded
>nothing changes

I can't stop lurking. Send help.

What sort of faggot would not love 8 when it was one of the best episodes ?

The show ended super cheerfully, everyone gets a happy ending.
So why do I feel so sad about it? Why is it so hard to let go off them ?

>flip flap thread dies
>"okay, time to move on with my life"
>browsing the front page
>see a flip flap thread
>open in new tab
Every fucking time. And I always end up posting in it eventually, too. You fags just keep roping me back in.

COCKONA

is this yuri

This is eva of the yuri

>expect cute girls going on adventures due to ep1/2
>mfw ep5 rolls around

What the fuck am I watching?

No. Yuri!!! actually sold.

The post-show depression is just too real. No idea what causes it. Maybe we just don't deserve to be happy.

A masterpiece
It gets gayer

Watch something from the new season if you haven't. Will fix you up real quick.

Schrodinger's Parody. Possibly the result of someone's sense of horror at their (homo)sexuality and desire to go back to before things were so complicated.

Or just a cool 2spoopy episode, whichever.

Heh. I remember making that crop. You can't use it against me.

I'm more worried that snowboarding in frosted sugar land turned into fucking Bloodborne/Silent Hill.

Episode 8 is fun as well.

It's a portrayal of typical Class S relationships in all-female schoolgirl shows like Marimite and of how ultimately constraining and meaningless they are

It's also the best episode

Oh yeah, the spooky aesthetic was pretty neat.
You're probably going to love episode 6, then.

Where is my cockona.

You guys made it super hard to browse Sup Forums. Stop using these reaction faces, delete your flipflap folder and go watch winter shows.

She's busy.

>delete your flipflap folder
No.

That's the outside-the-show explanation, yes.

It's not a hard conclusion to reach user

>delete your flipflap folder
I worked too hard to amass all these dumb Papikas, blushing Coconas, smug Yayakas and wobbly Uexkülls to delete it.