/cg/ Catholic General - Dissident Traditionalist edition

Resources:
catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/the-society-of-st-pius-x-and-dissident-traditionalism

sspx.org/en/faq-page

onepeterfive.com/rome-grants-sspx-faculties-to-celebrate-marriage/

onepeterfive.com/on-the-sspx-follow-pope-benedict/

SSPX is a traditionalist Catholic fraternal society that practices Catholicism as it was known prior to Vatican II. It is still in communion with the Church but rejects all teachings not in accord with the faith as it has always been taught. Because SSPX does not reject any teachings of the infallible Extraordinary Magisterium or Ordinary and Universal Magisterium, the fraternity is not heretical or schismatic. However, it is rebellious to a certain degree.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is not a binding document. It is a teaching document and resource for local bishops. Catholics are not required to follow any teachings that are received from a non-infallible Magisterium. The entirety of Vatican II falls into this category, hence why it is possible to reject it and still remain in communion with the Church.

This thread is a calling to Catholics to learn more about your faith and undo some of the misconceptions you undoubtedly have. There is a great deal of misinformation in the Church because we are in a time of crisis.

Other urls found in this thread:

onepeterfive.com/dictator-pope-must-read-book-available-now/
catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/the-society-of-st-pius-x-and-dissident-traditionalism
fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism101.html
sspx.org/en/faq-page
catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2017/04/06/analysis-the-canonical-meaning-of-that-vatican-letter-on-sspx-weddings/
chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based

St. Andrews Novena is ongoing

bit cold today :)

Salvation is through Christ and his Church alone

I honestly wish you Catholicucks the best in sorting out your church.

t. Protty

Same here. I'll pray for your conversion

>The Catechism of the Catholic Church is not a binding document. It is a teaching document and resource for local bishops. Catholics are not required to follow any teachings that are received from a non-infallible Magisterium. The entirety of Vatican II falls into this category, hence why it is possible to reject it and still remain in communion with the Church.

why not just call yourself non-denominational instead of trying to start a civil war inside the vatican?

Fruits of Protestantism have at times in history been quite amazing. In particular the music of JS Bach and the KJV bible, the pinnacle of English literature even above Shakespeare. Shame about the Apocrypha though. My preferred translation is the RSV 2CE, which is derived from KJV and doesnt cuck out the way some modern translations do. Including, btw, the New American, which I detest. Douay Rheims is the greatest though. Anything else is probably garbage or subversive tier.

That is the official position on the CCC. You are misinformed if you believe otherwise. You can read the intro it has and it will tell you the same. Get real tired of misinformed Catholics acting like ultramontanism is somehow a virtue.

Local bishops tell you what to believe. The CCC gives them guidelines on how to do that. Please educate yourself.

Meant the weather famalams

I wish our pope wasn't such a leftist cuck.

Fight for your Church then. That is where traditionalism comes into play. The Church has been in crisis before. The righteous lives and worshipa of Catholics will save and strengthen it. Rome is still supreme, but you cannot follow untrue teachings. The Holy Spirit guarantees certain Magisteriums, but others must be discerned by Catholics. Especially when they contradict previous popes or teachings.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>tfw nowhere around me does TLM
I've been church shopping for a while but literally everywhere is straight up shitlib, nu-christianity, wishy washy, dopey, nebulous progressive cuck churches.

You may have to pray at home and make occassional pilgrimages. Fisheaters.com has some good info about making your home a domestic church, consecrating your Sunday when you are not near a church, and praying the Divine Office.

Nope.

The devil has it in his grip, and he will never let it go.

There is no inspiration nor power in the Apocrypha[ha.

Thanks lad, very nice site.

How can you be a Catholic when the Pope is a literal Leftist.

you seem to be just larping for the Catholic church as it existed centuries ago

He's not the Pope technically.

BBRRRRRAAAAPPPP

Make an account and start posting there if it grabs you. The forums have really helped me with resources and learning about the faith. You may even be able to make connections for worship, but no guarantees. I mostly appreciate learning about canon law and why people prefer certain types of traditionalism.

Pretty much everyone is redpilled on the JQ too.

Well if you read the resources in the OP that question would be answered, shitposter friend.

Nice, how is the catholic church in america doing?

Bad. However, traditionalist parishes literally always thrive everywhere they spring up. Their seminaries are full and they barely have enough priests to keep up. We are still small but growing dramatically. And the Church is constantly in talks with bringing SSPX into full reconciliation. Its a great time to be Catholic if you dont cuck out with Pope Frank

>Its a great time to be Catholic if you dont cuck out with Pope Frank
the communist pope is a good thing imo, he seperates the deceived ones and those who stood true.
and the resistance agaisnt this pope is one of the things who brought me back to the faith.

Excellent to hear. You wanna come get your laugh on at fisheaters.com too? I forgot to put the link in the OP

God bless Eire and Catholics!

Bumping, how's everyone today?

Great! Just said the rosary and downloaded this little gem to read: onepeterfive.com/dictator-pope-must-read-book-available-now/

I'm heading out for the evening. I don't think this thread will need replacing, but for reference, I'm including an updated OP in case anyone else steps up at some point. Also: thoughts on calling it Traditional Catholic General instead of Catholic General? I could go either way...

/tcg/ - Traditional Catholic General

Resources and Further Information:

fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism101.html

sspx.org/en/faq-page

catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2017/04/06/analysis-the-canonical-meaning-of-that-vatican-letter-on-sspx-weddings/

SSPX is a traditionalist Catholic fraternal society that practices Catholicism as it was known prior to Vatican II. It is still in communion with the Church but rejects all teachings not in accord with the faith as it has always been taught. Because SSPX does not reject any teachings of the infallible Extraordinary Magisterium or Ordinary and Universal Magisterium, the fraternity is not heretical or schismatic. However, it is rebellious to a certain degree.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is not a binding document. It is a teaching document and resource for local bishops. Catholics are not required to follow any teachings that are received from a non-infallible Magisterium. The entirety of Vatican II falls into this category, hence why it is possible to reject it and still remain in communion with the Church.

This thread is a calling to Catholics to learn more about your faith and undo some of the misconceptions you undoubtedly have. There is a great deal of misinformation in the Church because we are in a time of crisis.

chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp

What is?

>year of our lord MMXVII
>posting chick tracts

>he's not a sedevecantist
You're following 9well, not even following! you're breaking the rules by your own logic) false popes who teach heresy. SSPV id heretical too. Baptism of Desire is heresy.

mostholyfamilymonastery.com

read it user, he's spot on
it could save you're soul

I only know them from morrakiu

>post protestant tracts
>expects Catholics to read them

it's written for Catholics mr satan sir

I accept and embrace you and your honest discernment. I'm open to hearing more about your position and you are always welcome in these threads.

>i got the satan trips

this is not okay

If he's so right, how come I'm not dead from my character dying in a game of CoC last night?
Chick is a moron, and frankly the world is better off with him no longer making his comics. I pray that God had mercy on him, because he was too deluded to be called in control of his words and acts.

>this is not okay
it is, you have marked the beast

Also, he's a fool for acting like the papacy was a medieval creation when the term dates back to 521 AD, and the supremacy of the bishop of rome had always been held to be true, with the major contention being on what the extent of that supremacy was.

If the Catechism and the Magisterium aren't authorities on dogma, what is? Serious question!

>mfw pr*testants are to c*tholics as c*tholics are to Orthodox

Read the OP resources. There are multiple magisteriums of varying levels of authority.

Except you made that up. The pope excommunicated you for heresy, not the other way around LOL

St. ANDREWS novena is ongoing.

>a heretic excommunicated you for heresy
Really made me contemplate the Bible.