Umineko

> yfw you realize all the femdom scenes with Beatrice and Kanon are a weird selfcest fanfic written by Yasu

Other urls found in this thread:

lambdadeltosblog7thuniverse.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fAKkw71ff3U
youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9D05ll2Rw
youtube.com/watch?v=p85zQLOMlUY
youtu.be/lF60yOU0h48?t=98
youtu.be/YQa2jVoL7RA
youtube.com/watch?v=Jmnwu2gEG-E
youtube.com/watch?v=52GkvYnxUxI
youtube.com/watch?v=lrmr_vHpZI8
youtu.be/zxU2aLGRRMc
youtube.com/watch?v=85aAeo53lls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I reread Umineko and holy shit it's garbage. It had potential in the first chapter before everything became a cop out with a non satisfying conclusion

Who cares, everyone happily together forever at the end.

How long had the Uminekos been dead whenever you were born? It was about 10 months for me.

About 20 years or so. I think Battler might be hitting his 50's by now.

It was good. Not perfect, but good. R07 rushed some parts and he was depressed because his friend died, so it shows in the writing. Fanbase whines way too much imo.

You are old user.

Any news on the new when they cry project?

How fast can we expect translations?

August 1987 makes me old?

Yes. You are already 30, people that old shouldn't be having fun on anime boards.

No news apart from the announcement

The Witch Hunt is still around, at the minute they are helping Mangagamer with their Umienko translation. So we can expect them to do the new WTC when that comes out, but there probably will be delays in translation.

I think he committed the ultimate sin in the who done it; leaving out a conclusion. He essentially said 'you interpret it' and changed genre mid way through. Which fucking sucks, and left many people disapointed.

Hope the new WTC is more Higurashi then Umineko, and of course that it cuts out the meta bullshit creep that Umineko had.

Ange's only a year older than me, so I was 5 when they died.

To this day, still my favorite novel and one of my favorite pieces of media ever. Umineko as an incredible wild ride and while I respect people that didn't like the direction it took I still believe that it became plenty obvious what Umineko Chiru would've been about considering how Episode 5 played out.

But Chapter 5 introduced Erika and Erika is a shit. A big fat stinky shit!

>people that old shouldn't be having fun on anime boards

I'm glad I never have fun here then.

I was 3.

Yes, Erika a shit.

She may lack love, but she was a great villain, and thematically fitting to boot. All hail our Goat Queen!

>Hope the new WTC is more Higurashi then Umineko
Well, R07 said it would be different from both.
I hope it's on the moon this time.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little witch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Detective Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous boardgames with witches, and I have over 300 confirmed solutions. I am trained in using my brain and I’m the top detective in the entire Sea of Kakera. You are nothing to me but just another mystery. I will wipe you the fuck out with logic the likes of which has never been seen before on this Fragment, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the telephone? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of goats across Rokkenjima and your closed room is being traced right now so you better prepare for the solution, maggot. The solution that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your catbox. You’re fucking figured out, kid. I can solve mysteries anywhere, anytime, and I can complete your puzzle in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my grey cells. Not only am I extensively trained in sealing things with duct tape, but I have access to the entire power of the Detective's Authority and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable mystery off the face of the Fragment, you little witch. If only you could have known what unholy solution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re getting the Trick Ending, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Blue Truth all over your catbox and you will drown in it. Your mystery is fucking solved, kiddo.

How does Higurashi differ from Umineko?

Would I enjoy reading it if I liked sea cats?

But there was a "who done it", he just didn't outright said it like most mystery novels did.

And when you read the extra material it becomes obvious what was the answer, but not many people liked what it was, so they kept making more and more theories, some even built on very shaky foundations (like rosatrice).

I think it's a case of having so many expectations that no matter what was the answer, everyone would be disappointed.

Umineko was a romance story disguised as a mystery story
Higurashi is a mystery story disguised as a horror story disguised as a SoL story
It is also possible to solve most things
The fight scenes are absolute garbage except one or two of them

Higurashi isn't a mystery in the same way, and it doesn't really have the same meta-levels.

But yeah, if you enjoyed Umineko you'll enjoy Higurashi. Umineko was much more ambitious, but I think Higurashi came together a bit better.

Illusions to Illusions! The gold truth locks the lock of illusions!

I can't answer the first right now, but for the second: yes. Ryukishi makes nothing but pure gold.

Where is all this shit taste coming from?

It's my favourite piece of media too, but I don't reccomend it to anyone because it's really hard to like.

However, while the direction it takes is really wild, I don't know what the people who didn't drop it after the first Episode expected from it. Battler was arguing the non-existence of witches in front of a witch, it was guaranteed to be insane. It's like the people who kept watching Samurai Flamenco after chapter 7, expecting to get a clear explanation for everything.

Higurashi tells you who the culprit was, to begin with. On the more mystery sense, it'd be more satisfying. Umineko does have a culprit and a way to reach the answer, but they don't tell you outright and you gotta solve it by yourself.

Umineko has more rounded character is much more of a character study than Higurashi, where characters serve more as tools to communicate ideas (basically if you have problems talk to someone instead of bottling up your feelings).

Umineko is more of a tragic love story, meanwhile Higurashi is more about themes like domestic abuse, trust issues, etc (those are also present in Umineko, but handled in different ways).

Love is the central theme in Umineko, while friendship and trust are the central themes in Higurashi.

I think that, if you enjoyed Higurashi, you could like Umineko too. At least you won't be taken by surprise when shit hits the fan.

It's been so long since I saw a copypasta I actually wanted to save

Aight fellas you convinced me. Is there a convenient download link for Higurashi that has everything you'd want?

Talking something like the Umineko DL with PS3 sprites etc.

I haven't read Umineko until the end because I got too many spoilers it actually doesn't interest me anymore, but I have seen a lot of people being really sure about the culprit. What's the deal with the ending then? Or is just people making up bullshit about the culprit?

>but I don't reccomend it to anyone because it's really hard to like
I agree, but I still think it's worth sharing it! If I could find one more person that might love Umineko and feel what I felt reading it, it would be wonderful.
>I don't know what the people who didn't drop it after the first Episode expected from it
They expected it to be what they wanted them to be, which is alas to be expected from the nature of the story. Maybe they clinged to the possibility that everything was a ruse and that in the end their theories on what Umineko was were corrected.
This one screencap I posted is both my favorite and most depressing part of the story for me. A lot of people threw shit to Ryukishi back in those days, but I still believe that his intent was pure. And while it's arguable if Featherine is or not his self-insert, the parallels between the books she was writing and Umineko itself is undeniable. Was hiding the truth and only vaguely hinting at it a mistake? I still think it wasn't.

But the love story is shit, Battler and Beatrice talked like 3 times with each other when they were like 10.

Higurashi is objectively better then Umineko

The culprit and the culprit's motives are 100% verified. It's some of the finer details surrounding the execution of the crimes that are uncomfirmed.

>I don't know what the people who didn't drop it after the first Episode expected from it
A solution that is' not baby first mystery and a decent ending.

Episode 8 manga at least solved some things, though some structure problem really remain.

lambdadeltosblog7thuniverse.tumblr.com/

This. Even JessicaxKanon was better and it was already awful.
Umineko could've been great but jumped the shark with Chiru.

>yfw you realize all the femdom scenes with Beatrice and Kanon are a weird selfcest fanfic written by Yasu

Considering that he was most likely male (and Kanon was the closest to his actual persona), and that he hated Beatrice, it is a creepy way to show us what was going on inside his very crowded head. Shannon also bullies Kanon a lot, though in a more benevolent way.

Spoilers, of course, altho a bit light:
The problem is that there are two different Rokkenjimas at any given time. One is the real one, an island where an explosion wiped out every single proof of anything that might've happened on it. The other, is the island where the person behind Beatrice's identity planned to commit murders. The story focuses on the latter and makes it pretty obvious who that is. But that person is just the author of the messages-in-a-bottles found years laters and there are no proofs if what's written in there is the truth or not. So many people are still wondering what actually did happen on the island, a secret that is known by a couple of characters in the future part of the story but they refuse to share. That, for some reason, triggered tons of people

There is a culprit, but it's not outright stated in the VN like in Higurashi where they tell you who did it. People were mad because they had no way to prove or confirm their own theories because the author wouldn't reveal the answer and instead tell the players to figure it out themselves.

People don't like it because they feel it betrayed their expectations and/or is not realistic. Others don't like it because it disproves their own theories or theories they liked it.

Others simply don't like it because it involves a transsexual person and makes Beatrice a transsexual by proxy.

Given, Ryukishi eventually did confirm who the culprit was, but it's been so long and people spent so much time being angry over it that nobody cared anymore.

We know what happened on Rokkenjima by episode 7. Episode 8 confirmed it too.

Which made R07 "don't address the answer in the narrative" even more retarded.

At least he fixed it in episode 8, which result in a more satisfying narrative.

There are also issue with ep3-5 being a confusing mess, but again, manga fixed it.

>At least he fixed it in episode 8, which result in a more satisfying narrative.
Err episode 8 manga.

>We know what happened on Rokkenjima by episode 7. Episode 8 confirmed it too.
Well yeah, of course, but saying "confirmed it" is a bit excessive. I believe what it does show you about Eva's Diary makes it pretty obvious, but it remains open to interpretation.

I personally don't agree with the manga showing more, but alas that's what the people wanted so in the end he gave it to them. I personally find it a defeat of the original point of the story.

>A solution that is' not baby first mystery and a decent ending

What was wrong with it? See >The culprit and the culprit's motives are 100% verified. It's some of the finer details surrounding the execution of the crimes that are uncomfirmed

Would you have preferred another culprit? Or didn't you like all the shit with the multiple personalities? It can be seen as a cheat, but I wouldn't call it "baby's first mistery" and frankly, any regular mistery story with the Red and Blue Truth can be instantly solved, it would be just a matter of discarding suspects.

>Battler and Beatrice talked like 3 times with each other when they were like 10
Which is why is a TRAGIC love story and not a straight up normal romance.

Battler never loved Shanon/Yasu and her feelings were one-sided so she ended up setting for a safer relationship with George, even though he treats her like garbage. That's the tragedy.

Come on, Jessica only wanted Kanon because he's literally the only guy around. Both are awful.

I see the question arcs, but can't find the answer arcs with the updates sprites cgs etc? Have they not been translated yet?

Also, is it worth to read through the side stories, or would reading the question and answer arcs be satisfactory?

Rei is the answer arcs

The great debate.

>Battler never loved Shanon/Yasu and her feelings were one-sided so she ended up setting for a safer relationship with George, even though he treats her like garbage. That's the tragedy.
I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact Battler x Beatrice is shoehorned literally everywhere in the VN as the greatest thing ever and they even have a wedding and shit

and no it's not because "so tragic Yasu imagines marrying Battler", the tone doesn't fit it's seen as something POSITIVE and Yasu did get a romance time with Battler in ep8 (a genuine one) after he got all his family killed which makes it even more awful

FUCK BATTLER X BEATRICE

But we do know what happened on Rokkenjima Prime. Episode 7 showed it, and episode 8 confirmed it. Manga outright shows it.

>he treats her like garbage
He does?

>I personally don't agree with the manga showing more, but alas that's what the people wanted so in the end he gave it to them. I personally find it a defeat of the original point of the story.
You mean deliver a good story? Or a satisfying one?

The manga is good because it addresses a lot of narrative pitfalls and everyone characterization feels strong since they can discuss Beatrice's issue without tip-toying around it like retard.
>Which is why is a TRAGIC love story and not a straight up normal romance.
There is no love story you dummy, that's what I'm saying. There is a crazy person obsession for a boy she only talked when she was 10 a couple of time.

The fact that the story keep telling your it's about love make it more confusing.

Not really, he might be a bit rough and selfish if you read between the lines but he's more of a fedora than an abusive person. George is a safe, boring relationship.

>so they kept making more and more theories, some even built on very shaky foundations (like rosatrice).
EIGHT
HOUR
VIDEOS

I am talking about the Novel, silly. I don't care about what the manga states for I didn't know any further "proof" about anything. What I cared, and have always cared in the story, was who Beatrice was and why she wanted to do all of that. The answer was given to me, what happened "really" on the island was Ange and Ange's only problem.

Besides, the entire point of Ange is showing off how much of an useless obsession like the one she had can ruin your life. She was too focused on the past instead of looking towards the future.

It was a love story between massive autists, to be fair. Everybody from Kinzo and down from there was insane as shit.

However, a lot of people can obsess like that with love. There are guys that obsess themselves with a girl they've spoken two words with. The problem is that we mostly see love as something sacred, but most love stories considered great are full of obsession and insanity.

>I think it's a case of having so many expectations that no matter what was the answer, everyone would be disappointed.
While you are not wrong, it's also possible to deliver good answers that satisfy the majority.

Hell, if you want a good twist in the very same novel. "Kinzo was dead all along" it's actually very well done.

More so, answers are needed when your narrative is about 90% of the cast lying and covering for the crossdressing in-breed retard because you can't tell if you are right or wrong.

I mean, a lot of people figured Shkanon but we keep dismaying it because it sounded stupid.

>WTC 3
>IT'S MORE META SHIT
>WITH ALL YOUR FAVOURITE POST MODERN TROPES
>NOTHING IS REAL
>FIND YOUR OWN MEANING

This is going to be awful

>she ended up setting for a safer relationship with George, even though he treats her like garbage

Does he treat her like garbage? Besides being a beta and hiding a few letters, what did he do wrong?

But it won't
He said it will be very different from higurashi and Umineko

As long as we get more memes and more UNTZ, I don't really care.

youtube.com/watch?v=fAKkw71ff3U

Posting best Seacat.

>what did he do wrong
He was fat and a faggot

I was always dissappointed that, in all of the adaptations, Bern's tits are toned down, while in the original we can clearly see she packs a proud chest. Besides, Rika in Higurashi wished to grow up and get breasts, I like to think her dream came true somewhere.

He never hide the letters, Battle just didn't care. Stop this meme. There are 0 proof of it in the novel. Not even episode 8 manga brings the issue it.

You are more delusional than Yasu. Who apparently wrote letters to George but not Battler.

At least post HYPE music if your doing UNTZ

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9D05ll2Rw

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, and Umineko prepped me for low expectations

pic

>fat and a faggot
So... a fat faggot.

Just reread every George/Shanon scene. George is an awful boyfriend.

>There is a crazy person obsession for a boy she only talked when she was 10 a couple of time.
Well, magic is supposed to portray what would have happened hadn't the real circumstances got in the way. Beatrice/Battler is supposed to show what would Yasu had gotten if Battler hadn't disappeared for 6 years, remembered his promise and Yasu had turned into his ideal woman. It's all in their heads, but that's the tragedy.

And the whole thing is not even being written by Yasu, it's Tohya... who is kind of an amnesiac Battler.

Technically Yasu never wrote about marrying battler or anything, episodes 1-2 (the ones Yasu wrote) have barely any romantic interaction between Beatrice and Battler. That starts around episode 3, which was written by Tohya. Tohya is the one writing the romance between Beatrice and Battler, not Yasu.

And Yasu tried to move on. Sure, she still loved Battler, but she tried to forget him and even got in a relationship with George (who she genuinely loves) and she wants to build a life with him. Yasu herself realized how stupid it was to trust a 12 year old kid with a promise, but that alone isn't enough to stop having feelings for someone.

>Ryukishi asked at a CON why shannon has such big boobs
>Laughs, answering he just likes big breasts
Truly, he is a gentleman.

If you want HYPE, then post the HYPEST

youtube.com/watch?v=p85zQLOMlUY

Post your most HYPE Umineko moments

youtu.be/lF60yOU0h48?t=98

This is for me. I read Umineko spoiler free in early 2016, and staying up and like 3 in the morning to suddenly have the Kanon vs Maria fight was the most HYPE fucking thing

Rose Gun days had a really good soundtrack so at least that part should still be good
youtu.be/YQa2jVoL7RA
This reminds me, were there any specially good songs in the TRIanthology?

Most of the Battler x Beatrice moments come from episodes written by Battler (supposedly, like the wedding scene). I think it's just Battler trying to make sense of Yasu's confused mind and feeling a little guilty. I get he doesn't have any reason to feel guilty over the reaction of a person he didn't even know it existed, but in his position it is possible to think "wow maybe if I've talked to this dude again, my family would all be alive".

I only played the intro to RGD

The funniest VN I have ever seen

pic related

>Well, magic is supposed to portray what would have happened hadn't the real circumstances got in the way.
No, not really. Magic is just a copying mechanics.

Meta-world is also real as manga shows it, but it doesn't change that Battler still never interacted with Beatrice realistically if those were Yasu and Battle souls. They never had conversation as real individuals until episode 8. It felt like he just went along with it because of guilt.

Can we not forget that Battler wasn't the reason Yasu planned to kill? He left a big impact on her, and him coming back was a final scissor cut. Don't forget that she was raised her whole childhood as a servant until Genji and co. thought it was good to spring everything on her, and that Natsuhi literally pushed her off a cliff and ruined her genitalia.

>Most of the Battler x Beatrice moments come from episodes written by Battler (supposedly, like the wedding scene). I think it's just Battler trying to make sense of Yasu's confused mind and feeling a little guilty. I get he doesn't have any reason to feel guilty over the reaction of a person he didn't even know it existed, but in his position it is possible to think "wow maybe if I've talked to this dude again, my family would all be alive".

Toya is not Battler however. Also the bottle didn't even contain meta-world probably.

Why is Erika so pathetic?

In his position it'd be even more possible to think "wow fuck this dude who got everyone killed including this fucking 9 year old kid and my hot-ass cousin"

I get this "understand the culprit shit", but the narration gives Yasu WAAAAAAAY to much free-pass for his shit. He's genuinely fucked up and an awful person in many way, yet you only see that in ep7 flashback (just a bit) and in the first 3 eps. Chiru is too nice to him.

Funny, I figured the only catbox she had would be in her crotch.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jmnwu2gEG-E

youtube.com/watch?v=52GkvYnxUxI

FUCKING OBJECTION

Yeah being the daughter of a facist incest baby was probably what done it desu

But Jessica wasn't insane. Just lonely.

Honestly Battler had no fault in anything. The fact that meta-Beatrice keep piling the guilty on him his bullshit, even in episode 8 VN.

Don't forget then solving the epitaph, being allowed to have many of Yasu's fantasies to get even more acknowledged. And then getting the whole, insane truth about his past, revealed. Being Yasu was not easy at all.

Kinzo's redemption was ultimately, Yasu's downfall. What a mass we made when it all went wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=lrmr_vHpZI8

Shame the author of those stopped making them funny

>He never hide the letters, Battle just didn't care.
There is no proof on either. It's left to interpretation. And both are possible.

Battler barely remembered Shanon when they arrived at the island, and George was an immature, jealous prick by the time the letters arrived (take notice that this happened when he was trying to imitate Battler to get Shanon's attention, and was trying to make Shanon forget Battler existed), so it was entirely possible that he could have hidden the one that was meant for Shannon.

>Yeah being the daughter of a facist incest baby was probably what done it desu
What went through Genji and Nanjo's minds?
>hey kid you know what? Your father is your grandfather lol hf

Because it makes her moe.

Just read the manga of EP8 (and the end of the one of EP7) if you care so much about the mystery, everything is explained in details

Yeah Genji and Nanjo remain the biggest 'who fucking wrote this' characters of Umineko.

They felt it was better to tell the truth and oh my god did it backfire on them.

>There is no proof on either. It's left to interpretation. And both are possible.
There is no proof that Maria isn't hding a 15 inches cock, doesn't mean it's possible.

"George hide the letter" is just a meme people made with ZERO hints in the narrative.

That scene in episode 8 manga is hysterical. Even Yasu realizes that "Don't tell me. Nothing good could come of that!"

>Stop this meme

Sorry dude, I didn't actually read Ep 8 and I took it as truth. I should have asked for it to be said in red.

Well, Yasu isn't the sweetest flower from the garden and still doesn't take that much shit as George. The ring scene really made me laugh, it was a sad attempt at being more "aggresive" but he didn't really forced her to accept the marriage, only to take the ring.

He also did some New Game! ones, everyonw has those translated?

I know.

I've read them.

It's still not keeping with the expectations first set. It's OKAY writing, but honestly not what most people who played 1-4 were hoping for.

You're not wrong, but then again I don't see how any of that invalidates Umineko being a romance story. Not all romance stories involve a straight up romance. If anything Tohya writing about Battler and Beatrice falling in love to give a happy conclusion to Yasu's shitty life makes it more romantic.

>alright so we have this mentally disturbed trans and his father who might rape him
>let's wait and see if transboy solves the epic enigma, if he does then we tell him he's trans and son of incest, but only if he does because if he doesn't well huh maybe old rapist abductor will feel bad about this I don't know
>cool, transboy solved it! Now, let's give him his gold since the old fart passed away and also a 1 billion dollars bank account because a teenager having this money is fine and not suspicious
>wait Nanjo, you forgot something
>what?
>the bomb that can blow up the island and kill everyone including us, he inherited it too
>yeah let's give him that too
>don't forget the part where we tell him his ex-boss ruined his genitalia by throwing him off a cliff
>sure

The intro is pretty different from the rest of the VN
Once Alfred gets dealt with the humor and wacky fights get toned down and it becomes more about economics, politics and nationalism
It also has some unused Umineko music
youtu.be/zxU2aLGRRMc
youtube.com/watch?v=85aAeo53lls