NetNeutrality(NN) ilustrated for idiots

>I can use VPN
No you can not.

Made simple:
Every computer has a IP address like a telephone address.
So if your VPNs IP is 25 and wikipedias is 10 your ISP can block all traffic to 25.

There are 2 scenarios:
1) White list = no VPN forever
all connections to anything other then IP 10 AKA wikipedia are blocked.

2) Black list = the ISP plays whack a mole
How many VPNs are there? 20 ? 30?
Simply have a list of them and update it daily.

You might get a VPN who is not blocked however the next day its blocked.
Enjoy shit internet.

Literally everything you connect to must first go from you to 1 (ONE) physical wire that the ISP controls before your ISP allows connections to anything else.
NN prevented them from blocking connections to anything, now they can have fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States#Ruling
fortune.com/2016/10/07/comcast-internet-data-caps/
federalregister.gov/documents/2015/04/13/2015-07841/protecting-and-promoting-the-open-internet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off shill, net neutrality is a waste of money, it'll be cheaper to have the packages i want to buy, ill be saving every month.

sure thing schlomo. does your jew dad own ISP stocks?

Still crying about net neutrality. Still unable to give a reason for why it going away it going is bad aside from "muh packages". kys shill

>Still unable to give a reason for why
are you blind? can you not read or see the pic?

jew ISP will decide what you may or may not see.

Sure it will buddy, you forget that prior to 2015 we had no net neutrality in the US. You forget that our nations with net neutrality that do not exist in your prophesied dystopia. But no, it's magically going to be terrible in this instance.

you forget that US gov has nothing in place to protect individual freedoms on the internet like EU does. meaning all power will go to ISP jews.

enjoy the ultimate cuckoldry.

or, come clean and admit your shilling is capitalistic and you own stocks in some jew ISP

Right, because neet as fuck me is getting paid to shill my personal views on an autistic Mongolian basket weaving forum. I own no stocks anywhere. I wasn't referring to the EU, in fact I do believe, without checking, that Chile and Australia both have no form of net neutrality and do just fucking fine.
Maybe you should stop projecting your insecurities with the EU on everyone else. Nice ad hominems btw toothpaste.
>capitalistic
Oh so you're a commie fuckwad

>neet
ah ok, so you have no life, and you know nothing about real life, so all you get to do is be a contrarian brain dead retard and white knight for the jews holding your leash

>Oh so you're a commie fuckwad
no rertard, I'm saying I'd at least understand if your shilling is capitalistic in nature and you'd make money if NN died. you know capitalism is not a dirty word, right? insta-triggered amerilard.

>NN prevented them from blocking connections to anything
All "NN" did (the rules passed in 2015) was reclassified ISPs as common carriers, which allowed competition.

Your idea of NN seems wrong. Do you have any citations?

I suggest you post your question here: it seems nu/pol/ is full of JIDF so this thread won't survive long

kek can't even make an argument without insults. Remind me again why the EU is falling apart. Remind me again how net neutrality in the US affects the Netherlands. And if you must no, I'm neet because of a work related accident but no, continue to assume the worst of people and blame your (((jews))) for everything that goes wrong in your life.
>Still haven't said how losing net neutrality is a bad thing, just slung insults like a grade schooler
See this is why pol is such a shithole now, newfags like you come around and insult people who are open to different ideas than their own because you think you're being edgy and cool on an anonymous image board.

>*buys a different package*

>the EU is falling apart.
ah I see you know your breitbart memes well.

I asked for citations though, since nobody seems to have an idea what "net neutrality" means or what legislation was actually passed (all I know of is what happened in 2015). Nothing about "fast lanes", blocking sites.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States#Ruling

>links to wikipedia
post your question in the Sup Forums thread and I'll answer.

>still haven't said why losing nn is bad
>still insulting me like a grade school drop out
And yet I'm the shill, you can't even stay on topic. 4 times I've asked now how losing nn is bad and all I've gotten was ad hominems and memes.

What would be the difference? Most mainstream surface web websites are garbage and will censor you for wrongthink. Most networking websites are controlled by marxists/jews/globalists. Sooo, what's the big difference? The only thing that your argument has going for it is the vague possibility that Sup Forums would get blocked SIMPLY because of Sup Forums you all seem to forget that there are other boards.

no you won't, you'll sit there and insult everyone with a different view just as you do here.
>arguing about a wiki page
that states the laws related to nn in the us since the early 90s and links to the actual rulings and wordings of them. Fucking shill.

>Most mainstream surface web websites are garbage and will censor you for wrongthink.
he says on a mainstream surface web website

I cannot fathom how anyone on Sup Forums could be against net neutrality

well, americucks are trained from their birth to obey the jew and to bend over for the jew so the jew can jew the goyim

they are fucking brain dead.

On 1 board out of like 71 boards. Said board being somewhat of a containment board to contain politically incorrect sentiments. The anonymity and structure of Sup Forums make it preferable to say any single one of the social networking sites, or YouTube, or anything controlled by Google, etc and most forums around the internet like Reddit, etc.

This may be the only board out of 71 or so, that is safe and good for autists to use. Give me some more examples of websites that actually protect free speech. This board is the epitome of free speech.

>netherlands
>tryna talk down to americans about being controlled by jews
> oyyy veyyyy

>ISP will buy all the domains and VPN services so they can selectively block them

The part where they try to regulate pricing schemes and where Netflix and google are pushing it so hard. There's plenty I agree with in NN but the regulation seems too far reaching.

but this meme told me that net nettrality is good for jews...

>Shill
>Wears shill flag
>Icanttellwhosjewingwhoanymore.jpeg

>buy
are you retarded? they don't need to own something to block it

why does the pic in the OP say do and not due

>normies would have to pay more to access the real internet
>bad
mfw

You don't know that net neutrality was the status quo before 2015, but different companies would push the boundaries a little here and a little there to see what they could get away with. Throttling competing services, blocking information critical of the company, etc all occurred and those suits led to the implementation of net neutrality in actual law.

Net neutrality exists for the sole purpose of protecting consumers from abuse by ISPs.

Don't even try and say 'the market will eliminate bad practices.' 33% of Americans have 1 choice of ISP, another 33% have two choices that price and plan share in a duopoly. Satellite internet isn't available for everyone because of licensing issues and lack of rural availability, thanks in part to the lobbying of large telecoms to prevent competition.

Municipal fiber isn't going anywhere fast due to the same telecom lobbies.

Seems like if you want to remove government regs you should start with the ones boxing out competition against the largest ISPs.

Add to this that cable companies are losing revenue because television is a croc of shit and it adds up to the removal of net neutrality being entirely about the monetization and exploitation of the internet.

everyone would have to. which package do you think will be cheaper? Facebook and instagram, or politically incorrect and """"toxic"""" Sup Forums?

You are obviously unaware that obama ended net neutrality. What did he call his new plan? Net neutrality. They use little word games like this to confuse the lower IQ amongst you.
They are in fact going back to the true net neutrality.

Isn't that enough, wtf.

>2015
Untrue. I worked for Charter from 2001-2005 and they were lying to their customers to vote against it even back then.

I couldn't care less whether the entire intet was destroyed. It was a mistake.

Fuck off cunt.

ci
ta
ti
on

needed

you don't care about anything because you're a loser and your life sucks, so you get off on seeing destruction and acting edgy

false ISPs which would do this would lose market since people would just switch to ISP that doesnt block sites they wish to visit

>false ISPs which would do this would lose market
hahahahhaha mate, the USA is already full of monopolies. the people have no choice. if you live in state x, then you have only 1 (sometimes) 2 choices and they are both cancer. also the laws are setup so that new competition can not occur.

>also the laws are setup so that new competition can not occur.
Actually I have a choice of several DSL providers right now. Most people don't even know they have a choice.

>>OP

This is the truest market. Sorry guys.

This. In my area there is literally only Comcast. The free market is a meme unless you can prevent outsourcing, monopolizing, and trusts.

>DSL
wow, do you also have smoke signals? lmao

You cant switch ISPs you fucking moron because most of them have a local monopoly and there are no other choices

Idiot. Anyone who says what you did is a fucking idiot

READ

You're all telecom shills.

Yeah he's not blind but you are.

my country has this rule: the telecom infrastucture has to always be available to rent. meaning new company can rise up, and rent cable from the giant ISP which owns the infrastucture, and sell a competing internet service.

I proved you wrong you fucking idiot. You clearly have no idea what rules we currently have here.

no you didn't. you think an exception disproves the rule. retard

I've got Comcast and Charter in my zip code, but strangely they don't compete with each other
it's really odd
it seems they agreed to split the town and not challenge each others' turf

Not an argument, trump wants to get rid of net neutrality for good reason, you can't even respond to his argument shill. You net neutrality fucks are anti-capitalist.

It's literally part of the 2015 legislation to class it as a telecom service/common carrier. That IS the rule.

itt soros money in action

>eu isnt falling apart goy, european values are stronger than ever, diversity is our strenght, war is peace, freedom is slavery

>you careless usage
Well, you have sold the bandwidth, so they are free to use it.

No nn is just that - the jews overselling bandwidth and when it's usage get closer to actual limits - trying to force you to pay more.

So you're saying ISP's will rate limit VPN connections? What do you think people who telecommute for work would think about that? We don't need Net Neutrality we need to remove whatever is blocking competitors in ISP market.
Let cities deploy their own internet and tell Comcast to fuck off when they try to sue to stop it.

>We don't need Net Neutrality we need to remove whatever is blocking competitors in ISP market.
then do that before you hand all power to the ISPs

VPN's should be illegal, why do you need one of your not breaking the law??

if*

See that? I provided a factual analysis of why NN is needed. Why don't you provide a factual analysis of why it isn't needed instead of this?

What stopped them from blocking sites before NN was a thing?

A gentleman's agreement. And nothing else.

thanks for the pic

Gentleman Jews...really?

spot the kike

kek, are you not busy moving the US embassy to jerusalem after the latest orders were given to trump?

Yes, if only people would get their heads out their asses and talk about the real issue instead of creating more bureaucracy to oversee a few mega corporations that already lobby the government and get everything they want. Let me tell you something about the USA, our subversive neo-libs and neo-cons loves to talk a big game and say the right things but the end result is always underwhelming and over budget. At that point there is no way to roll it back.

lol youre retarded

NN lets the FCC block Sup Forums

VPN should be made so prevalent and so easy to use that everyone uses it thereby ruining the ability of NSA to monitor all communication.
Also just because you're a nobody who would never be a target of hacking or espionage doesn't mean there is no valid reason for others to use VPN that doesn't involve criminality.

But had anyone here ever stopped to ask themselves if blocked access to Sup Forums might be a good thing? The Jews are just looking out for us.

t. jew shill. why is Sup Forums not blocked still?

sure schlomo

Jews already decide what I see. NN is a joke and a scam probably the best one obama pulled. Canadian government did not regulate ISP packages and even though there are 2-3 ISPs for the entire country we saw none of the fears the Pro NN tries to instill.

FTC will still regulate ISPs. FCC reserves the right to reenact Title 2 at ANY time. Quit being retarded guys this is the first step towards total government control.

VPNs have legitimate uses in enterprise level businesses, you nerd. Grow up and get a job.

So are you trying to tell me that in 2009, when I first started shitposting on Sup Forums, I had to pay Comcast extra money for different packages with different websites and services attached? Because I remember just paying a flat rate for cable and internet since like, at least 2005, probably earlier.

The rules that are being done away with are Obama's special additional protections that he put in place. The internet functioned just fine before them. It will continue to function just fine without them, just as it did before them.

>do to

>turns NN off
>content gets blocked
This is where the credits roll for liberals
>leftists leave theater crying
>credits end
>what's this? An extra scene?
>content is blocked
>FTC rolls on screen, they now have jurisdiction
>monopolies get busted

NN is simpley a case of bandwidth hogs not wanting to pay more

>NN is simpley a case of bandwidth hogs not wanting to pay more
it's the case of the end user having to pay more for each internet service they use.

It's really gonna own when the last industry America has left gets stifled when tech startups can't compete with already established giants because they're too busy trying to pay for access to the marketplace instead of letting the business grow organically.

>itt soros shill calls people jew shills
b-but shillposting manual says naming the jew wins every argument on Sup Forums, w-why arent I 100 (yous) ahead

ProNN fags, explain to me why the ISPs do not just impose the datacaps they are able to right now? Its essentially the same exact thing as your packages argument and they can already do it. So why dont they?

>they are able to right now
they aren't

Apparently the FTC is way understaffed. I hope they beef it up because there are shitloads of monopolies (especially the MSM and absolute ridiculous shit like AT&T/Time Warner merger).

The counterargument is that the FCC is supposed to do this job of regulating communications but I think when it comes to monopoly, it really is the FTC's job.

if you use more, than you should pay more
thats fair
that neutral
fucking christ you commie faggot can go straight back to facepage or reddit or whereever the fuck you came from
my grandmother, who doesnt stream shit, should not have to pay for your bullshit luxuries

But I have a datacap.

Great. Then you don't need Net Neutrality laws, you fixed it already!
>In my area there is literally only Comcast.
Why?

0/10 attempt jew

If you want your evidence that people who are against net neutrality are telecom shills or misinformed, see? They still have not tried to provide a factual point against it in relation to my original post.

data caps is not the same as throttling you fucking braindead lard

sure thing shlomo, the people gotta pay at every step huh?

fortune.com/2016/10/07/comcast-internet-data-caps/
You are fucking retarded.
>Regulators thwarted cable’s first strategic response. Initially, cable companies tried to charge services like Netflix (nflx, +0.26%) extra fees to reach their Internet customers. And when the services didn’t pay, customers mysteriously found their online video connections slowed to a crawl. The Federal Communications Commission’s net neutrality rules put an end to much of that effort, barring Internet service providers from discriminating against any online content.
Please read that carefully. Because that is what is going to happen when NN dies. It wont be your faggoty packages argument, its going to be netflix and other getting fucked with extra charges. The only thing that will happen when NN dies is your netflix bill is going to go from $10 to $15. Fuck netflix and fuck you communist faggots and your internet dogma.

This is the only part of the law that should be kept IMO

>29. As discussed below, we find that broadband Internet access service is a “telecommunications service” and subject to sections 201, 202, and 208 (along with key enforcement provisions). As a result, commercial arrangements for the exchange of traffic with a broadband Internet access provider are within the scope of Title II, and the Commission will be available to hear disputes raised under sections 201 and 202 on a case-by-case basis: An appropriate vehicle for enforcement where disputes are primarily over commercial terms and that involve some very large corporations, including companies like transit providers and Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), that act on behalf of smaller edge providers

federalregister.gov/documents/2015/04/13/2015-07841/protecting-and-promoting-the-open-internet

You obviously never heard of the poor man's vpn, ssh tunneling.

you obviously don't know how blocking and throttling works.

You raise an excellent point
What good is MORE regulation going to do when current regulations are not even being enforced?
there are athor ways to make these mother fuckers submit
reddit is literally just compromising with the monopolies instead of putting them in a position where the FTC can actually do somethying
this is chess, and over at reddit, Comcast is winning
these reddit faggots, as usual, have fallen for this ridiculous "its not fair" ad campaign.