Okay so I was listening to Requiem of Silence again and thinking about the ending scene so I wanted to talk about why...

Okay so I was listening to Requiem of Silence again and thinking about the ending scene so I wanted to talk about why IMO it was so liked by people.

First of all, it's not just about the scene itself, the whole episode had been precisely what people were watching Re:Zero for: bleak and tragic, with the death of many people and Subaru being forced to rewind. I daresay that episode 15 might very well be the episode that displayed the highest number of on-screen corpses with the villagers, the mansion crew and the cultists. On that point, it was the bleakest of all, especially with Subaru being "paralyzed".

The episode was also very minimalist for a good part: compared to most episodes (if you make exception of the Betelgeuse spewing bullshit but that's always the same with this idiot), the characters did speak that much. It made the atmosphere significantly heavier and such things weigh on the mood.

But the tragic also lied within popular tragic images no matter the reset plot point: helplessness, character maimed and dying in the hero's arms after a love confession, the hero carrying the corpse while walking towards his doom. It was very Shakespearian in essence.

But it's not just about the images: Requiem of Silence was also on point with the anime. Somber during Rem's death, the track gains in tragic aspect during the walk, and gains in intensity with the drums thundering and the violins becoming more acute the moment the anime displays the mansion engulfed in the snowstorm and Subaru stepping in the courtyard, the theatrical musical breakdown that spells out "This is the end" right before Subaru's head rolls and the music tragically plays with intensity over the credits, followed by a slow fade out as the snow covers everything, which is nothing short of great directing.

The anime aimed at making the most out of what WAS this anime with this episode. Nothing deep, just beautiful in its simplicity.

This isn't reddit.

Rem is worst waifu

/thread.

Analyzing anime has been done on Sup Forums for a long time. How do you feel about being plebian?

TL;dr: its anime kino

autism

Really? That was the scene that made me drop the show.
Made me understand the show was really taking that ridiculous drama seriously.
Like they really expected us to care and be emotional about that trainwreck with the emotional music over credits instead on a regular ED.
Complete clash of tone and content.
You'd have to be a retard to believe that episode was some kind of Shakespearian masterpiece.
It's the equivalent of having great music and directing over 2girls1cup.

That's a lot to say about a shit anime.

Is Reddit:Zero truly the Naruto of our generation?

Well, there's the last sentence for you.

>Complete clash of tone and content.
I actually totally agree with you on that point but that's a matter of whether you can put your brain aside or not while watching this. If you made it up to episode 15 of this show, I'm sure you can easily do it. Like I said, it was just beautiful, nothing more but that is more than I can say for a lot of Sup Forums content.

who?

The show always took Subaru and whatever drama he caused seriously.

tl;dr

Is Reddit truly the Sup Forums Boogeyman Buzzword of the year 2016 and 2017?

That episode was perfect. It was the representation of a painful dead end if there's one. Like that one level you can't pass in a videogame that makes you want to rage quit.

I actually preferred episode 15 to episode 17 where Subaru seems to take all the wrong choices for the sake of drama.

Whitefox is a great studio when it comes to direction. My only gripe with them is that they made From Zero a tad too cheesy, and Rem's character song doesn't really help that.

Really? I especially took care of making short and easy to read paragraphs that even ADHD people could deal with.

The absence of anything of worth being at stake and the overall shallowness make it a good contender for the title, if the anime goes on we might really have a new Naruto.

Yeah I have to say I agree, I mean I didn't drop the show but to see people say this scene was a masterpiece instead of a really strange pretentious kind of melodrama.
It was foolish.

Reddit Zero lmao

Tl;dr

That's definitely the impression you get when you only watch the anime so I won't fault you. The WN does a slightly better job at this. Examples in spoilers.
The Anime got cut off right before the part that would have made it either the most hated or most beloved of 2017 (whether it's good or not left aside, it shines in some parts like episode 15 but is for the most part average). Right after where it cuts off, Subaru mentions Rem's proposal of her being his second wife (which also doesn't happen in the anime, they also almost kiss but get cockblocked by the faggot cat), to which Emilia reacts by asking him who this Rem he is speaking of is.
Turns out her and crush got royally fucked by two other sin archbishops, and Rem got her name and memories eaten in the process, resulting in her falling comatose and everyone forgetting about her. When Subaru gets confirmation after seeing her inanimate body he instantly kills himself in a knee-jerk reaction to save her, only to notice that his checkpoint has moved to the point where he is beside the bed she is lying in, right before he stabbed himself in the throat. In other words, the checkpoints aren't really predictable, meaning that he could fuck up royally if he overlooks something. It also feels like every time he dies, he loses a bit of his sanity; he is also able to use Betelgeuse's unseen hands authority after he killed him, but it causes him insane pain in the skull and makes him feel like he would lose an important part of himself if he overused it.
Oh, and the Witch of Greed tells him that it's possible that the timelines where he died continue to exist, showing him various ways they could be playing out after his death.
tl;dr: Checkpoints are unpredictable and overlooking just one important thing could mean he can't redo it, and timelines where he bites the dust may or may not continue to exist.

OK¿???????

Neither are shallow

I already had a glimpse of that when Subaru fucked up at the ceremony and the checkpoint was just a few days earlier, so no do-overs. In any case, the point still stands. You can keep on fighting until the situation is solved, just like he solved his falling out with Emilia by dying repeatedly and slaying the White Whale.

Nothing constitutes a real obstacle, and this is why I find it hard to relate to Subaru, not to mention the ridiculous notion that he is dealing with a fate 'worse than death'.

Yes, this episode was really impressive. Unfortunately the rest of the anime wasn't just as good.