Jojo

How does Araki's older style hold up compared to his newer one? Which characters are better in it, and which are worse? Which art-period is your personal favorite?

Araki isn't really good at drawing distant faces.

The only downgrades are Jolyne and Doppio there though.

Why can't he draw Jotaro the same? Just make him slightly bigger, it shouldn't be that hard.

1 and 2 were a mess of "Make something that looks like Fist of the North Star!" altho at 3 it developed an identity other than Gorillas with physically impossible proportions.

Mid 4 was golden but as his style became less about detailed faces it suffered harsh. Late 5 and most of 6 look terrible.
I have no idea what the fuck happened then because 7 is absolutely gorgeous.
Highly detailed faces and environments, great stand designs (for the most part) and even distant Huamans didn't look as bad as before.

Do you like Misty Mellotron?

Oh no... don't tell me this is Joseph...

Part 5 have a great shit

But the fight scene are terribile

*Is good

Dont bullying me

Pls

Parts 1-early 4 are best. Even if you look at the part 1-4 JoJos Araki has completely altered them. Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro and Josuke aren't going to be whacking their heads on any doorways. The Joestars are meant to be giants among men and there's no excuse for Giorno to be a shrimp. I've always found Araki's new style offensive when compared to the old and can't understand why he's changed them post mortem. The JoJonium covers are fucking trash and do not reflect the content inside.

Part 5 has the best fights.

Because it looked terrible.

Giorno is 15 and was malnourished as a kid. He's only slightly shorter than Josuke who is a year older than him.

Why did he make them all twigs? He could've improved his art and kept the Joestars big. This shrimpy faggot is not Joseph. Fuck Araki's new style and thank God he skipped Joseph in the reboot. Wish Jonathan and Caesar were sparred the same fate.

Really. Fuck Araki.

You seem to have some deep rooted issues

Could you by any chance be a homosexual?

Nice strawman. What Araki did to his previous characters is the equivalent of drawing superman without bulk.

To be fair I'll post his latest incarnation.

It doesn't affect his previous work and he has no interest in going back to them so they'll never be retconned so I don't see what the big deal is.

Seek therapy.

And he use his new style on the covers of old releases? If he can't draw the old characters correct in his new style he shouldn't draw his old characters anymore.

Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro and Josuke are not right here

The cover doesn't affect the content though.

Suck Araki's dick a little harder you twink faggot.

You are a headcase, user.

The cover is supposed to be a representation of what's inside the book. This is a fucking pathetic Star Platinum.

He couldn't draw them correctly at the time either, doesn't stop you from overlooking how fucking terrible part 1 and 2 look.

Jotaro is understandable but Josuke looked like that for most of Part 4 as well.
"Hurr but muh first 5 chapters" Well I guess Araki didn't draw him right at the time.

Looks fine to me senpai

There's your problem.

Have you even seen Jonathan and Joseph in Part 4 style? Dumbass

LMAO that Star Platinum looks pathetic. Probably couldn't throw two punches, without getting tired.
And this is supposed to be one of the strongest stands in the series.

Bottom line is Araki developed his own style around Part 3, but then he must have seen how out of fashion bulky guys are by the mid 90s and changed his style accordingly. Now he's just getting lazy.

I think the worst thing about his style is how everyone's face looks the goddamn same. The men look almost as effeminate as women and everyone always seem to have the same emotionless expression on their faces.
Not even Kubo's stupid rat faces in Bleach's later chapters are this bad.

Ohrah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Elephant Ivory the Fourth Chapter

He's fixed the sameface issue in the last two years and the art in the chapters is fine, it's everything related to his older work he phones in because it's over and he's moved on.

I wouldn't say he's lazy and more just old. He still does more art in a month than most mangaka half his age do in the same timeframe and you can tell recently that Araki has really been enjoying writing and drawing JJL. His writing only gets better with time even if his art reached it's zenith in late SBR minus the samefaces, which isn't even an issue anymore since every new character introduced since early 2015 has had a unique easily identifiable face that was different to everyone else's, and his background characters are all kinds of crazy looking again. Characters introduced before that point still look kind of similar but he's slowly starting to differentiate them again.

This
>Stand Combos like Green Day+Oasis and Talking Head+Clash
>All the protagonists have unique stands that are not OP and can be used in different ways (Fugo 's LN prove that Purple Haze is actually interesting)
>KING CRIMSON

Funny Valentine looks like Enigma Boy there.