Has there been any work where Kyoani has made a major alteration in the source material for their adaptations...

Has there been any work where Kyoani has made a major alteration in the source material for their adaptations? By major alteration I mean the MC ending up with another girl or a main character that played a big role in the source not being present?

Azusa shoots up the school in the latest volume of K-On College.

>MC ending up with another girl
Pretty much OP related. Asuka won the Kumikobowl.

Mirai was much less present in Kyoukai no Kanata's first novel.

Dekomori and Kumin are kyoani additions, as is Ruru in Phantom World.

I meant something that would cause a major shift in the course of the story. Kinda like

So there were literally 3 main characters in the Chuu2 LN? Jesus.

one concert in K-ON turned out to be a disaster. In the anime, they rose-coloured it and it was za besto

Which one?

Right. And even Shinka isn't too big a character, she just acts as a wingman most of the time.

the one they were worried about because Yui had the flu or some shit (I think it was the second). In the manga, they (realistically) sucked because they did no rehearsal and Yui ruined everything

And Rikka's red eyed sister
And her Italian loli

The purple bunny hair loli too. Bun hair and fluffy idol kitty are originals in KnK.

Though I don't remember any such major alterations in their works. KnK is probably the one that changed the most but I just heard this one posted over the years. Recently read translations of the early parts, and this scene is exactly as in the novel, so probably it's the early chapters that are accurate.

First 4 episodes were pretty accurate (it covered the first novel) and they had the manuscript for novel 2.

Fuck! I watched a lie?

Yes

Well Lucky Star manga didn't contain a lot of anime references and meta themes. It was a simple SoL

Haru goes for Reina in the LN though.

Anime Reina doesn't even get to rejected point, she's stuck at literally who?

Well, to be fair the anime only adapts the first volume. Reina only confesses at the end of the second volume.

Careful, we don't wanna attract the spookasafags.

I hate the fact that we can't properly discuss lucky star on Sup Forums. I loved it so much when it came out