Post the worst translations you can think of

Post the worst translations you can think of.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9FyuEG7FM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In b4 Duwang

Shit like this takes me back to the kazaa days

I remember when the janime site was still up and was the go to place for YGO translations. The excitement over GX having a manga that was completely different from the anime was awesome

So much nostalgia

I wouldn't call that bad, just silly. Especially if they translate it in one panel but not another.

Well, I was saving it for a scanlation thread, but I suppose this is as good a time as any.

Other than adding the attributing to Confucius and it being longer in English, what's wrong with it?

Odd, it reminds me more of the times on Ares.

Even electronic crystal brain pancake elderly.

There is absolutely no reason for it to be anything other than "lol ur dumb fgt" whatsoever. But I'll pick up some worse ones from the same group in a bit.

Literally nothing more nostalgic for me than bad DC translations.

Alright, here's a more heinous one.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9FyuEG7FM

>"Rena-chan you are so kawaii!!"
>(TL note: Kawaii means cute)

Are the Baki scans just complete bullshit? Someone posted a page yesterday where whole bubbles were left in romaji.

I don't blame whoever did this. Erasing it and leaving whitespace would look ugly as shit and redrawing/cloning that hair would be a bitch.

They're not complete bullshit. Thankfully, the geniuses running the scans at the time were at least capable of conveying the general idea most of the time. I'm just picking out the specific instances where they clearly made shit up because they either didn't know what it said or didn't care.

The typeset wasn't what I was criticizing; it was the translation.

That being said, they literally never redrew a single page in the manga. They just got their text and slapped it on top of the image.

duwang

Niggerstream

Post the naruto snorting one, that was funny as fuck.

What the fuck?

this takes me back

I'm not downloading these old volumes to find a better example.

I cannot find those at the moment, so I offer you this one instead.

>ain't no shame in kingin' like kong sometimes
Every fucking time.

Ah, here we are.

Why do people even bother translating manga if they're just going to do things like this?

this one was done intentionally by a bunch faggots

so what does it actually mean?

>kenpachi
>hiyori
>bazz b
>those 2 rg members
Well, at least fits with the characters sometimes

>If you want to become strong, devour [her (sexually)].
More liberally, it becomes
>If you want strength, have sex.

The line written in that scanlation has nothing to do with the text.

>*snort*

sauce pls

Post more.

hot coffee, lemon tea, shot?

Took me a second. At least the actual translation seems fine.

Wasn't this one actually accurate? I think I remember seeing the Japanese version of this page at some point, and it looked pretty similar.

I don't actually know, but if it is then that only raises more questions.

not going to lie but joey does seem like the kind of guy who would forget mako tsunami's name

Any manga done by ESLfags that don't know moon. I've read scanlations side by side with the actual manga for the sake of comparison and large my ass off.

Any anime subbed by commie. They're the polar opposite of the first one, but are equally shit. They get bonus points because they actually think they're doing a great job.

the guy was a hopeless neet in his world, so this dialogue is not completely out of question

Reverse image search with Yandex.

ebin :DDDD

It's the most recent one for me rather than the worst ever, but it fits still. A fine example for this user's claims. It's not only this chapter either, every single chapter tranlated by this fuck has the same sort of bullshit in it. This is why I agree with the derogatory usage of ESL even though I'm one too.

For as classic GTO is it's a crime that these scans are still the most commonly spread.

ESLfags and people who don't have English as their first language aren't the same, just like people who like yuri aren't all yurifags, and not everyone who likes Eva is an Evafag. As long as you don't post broken English machine translations and then use them to pretend to have read the source, and then try to start fanbase wars in LNshit threads while screaming "Xfags BTFO!" then you're probably not an ESLfag.

Chapter 15 when?

>shindetemo ikitetemo ore wa ore dakedo na—
Toonami translation: Alive or dead, I'm still pretty dandy

HOW CAN YOU FUCK IT UP SO BADLY

The old Conan translations are great