I have yet to be let down by a sports anime

I have yet to be let down by a sports anime.

Ippo, Kuroko, Ping Pong, Free, One Outs, Volleyball, Prince of Tennis, like shit. Why do I love these so much? I'm not even into sports.

Ippo will never fight Miyata.

>Kuroko
>Free
>Prince of Tennis

> I'm not even into sports
We can tell. You're not into women, either.

What are you, a faggot?

I'm not the one enjoying Prince of Bishies.

I'd fuck Miyata, no homo.

Ashita no Joe & Slam Dunk are probably my favorite sports series out of what I've watched/read. 3-Gatsu no Lion manga is pretty good too (maybe not enough of a sport for most people though?

I'm interested in reading Giant Killing but it's a fair bit behind the current release, and new scanlations seem to come in bursts from what I can tell.

I read Joe, but I haven't watched it yet.

One Outs isn't very sportsy since it's basically just Akagi playing baseball. Same sort of deal?

I'm familiar with One Outs, it's not quite the same deal. Half slice-of-life with the MC hanging around with a friendly family, half shogi which he plays to get by for various reasons.

Reminds me of Hikaru no Go. But that went to shit when they canned Sai

Well, they make the sports look a little more romantic and cool than in real world, of course you would like it.

I may or may not have watched micheal jordan highlights for an entire day recently.

Prince of Tennis is really bad.

Rookies is the best sports not sports manga

Now watch GuP and Initial D

>Ippo will never fight Miyata.
yeah no shit

Initial D is a lot of episodes though. I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment.

Well, you can watch first stage. It's more or less self contained and the best overall. The second season is short and third stage is a movie. After those it kinda goes downhill (while still being ok)

>ping pong
>sport
what a faggot

initial D is fucking boring. Dont even bother.

Shaddup busrider :^)

How can you even say it's not a sport manga? The whole manga is one massive tribute to honor the sport of baseball. It's about how baseball makes people feel, how it makes them act, what it feels like to play it, so on and so forth. That's why it ends the way it does (I'm ignoring the 'epilogue'): it's about how the game itself, competitive or sportive, impacts the lives of the people involved.

Cross game is the best sports anime and no one appreciates it