Before I start I want to preface this: I think that Prison School is a funny show. I laugh at it quite a bit...

Before I start I want to preface this: I think that Prison School is a funny show. I laugh at it quite a bit. And the problems that I have with this, and awkward comedy in general, is purely my own. I have a weird relationship with this show. As stated earlier, I think this show is legitimately funny. So why do I hate it? A few reasons: 1. I hate to see main characters get beat up and belittled at every turn. I know they're not good people, but I end up feeling bad for them anyway. I hate seeing them get the shit kicked out of them as a joke. 2. Awkward comedy just feels too contrived to me. Contrivance on top of contrivance on top of contrivance in the name of comedy, that is admittedly funny, I just don't care for. 3. Why do characters do things that will obviously go wrong? Comedy, yes, but why? Even with my lack of knowledge on Ecchi, I still know pretty much everything is going to go wrong for these characters, and thus I end up cringing my ass off. Perhaps this seems stupid to you, and it probably is. These complaints only really seem to apply to me. Did you agree with this piece, or did you think it was absolute horseshit?

why would you post this on Sup Forums

To find people who potentially shared my viewpoint

This is the greatest ecchi made to this day, even above Golden Boy.

ur a fag

no u

>>>MAL

you should lurk more. people with your viewpoint are on MAL, not Sup Forums

What's MAL?

first result on google search

>I hate to see main characters get beat up and belittled at every turn
They are amost enjoying it, and it leads to situations that are worth it.
>I know they're not good people
Yes, they are. What the fuck is wrong with you? Girls and boys not being able to understand each other and overcoming this hurdle is a big theme in this.

I'm having a hard time avoiding reading the manga so that events can pile up.

You need to understand. Prison School is like 70% masochist fantasy. It's mostly made for people who get off on abuse.

I'm completely unintrested in masochism and this is my favorite series. Piss off with your baseless bullshit please.

I agree, I'm not into abuse and this is one of my favorites.

M8 the masochism is only a funny side part to the real meat of the Prison School sandwich, which is the comradery of the boys under trying circumstances, the sudden twists which throw their plans into dissaray and the way they handle the pressures of their situation when trying to scheme a way out of their predicament.

you should read the mango, you secondary fuccboi

if you havent suffered through the cavalry contest you havent experienced prison school

Calvary contest? Explain.

Is it over yet?

Shounen is made for young boys but plenty of guys in their 20s and 30s love it
I'm not saying you can only enjoy it if you like femdom or masochism. I'm saying it seems to sexualize the abuse of the boys and if you're looking at it from a non-fetishy perspective it seems excessively cruel.

Fuck off, underage phoneposter

>it seems to sexualize the abuse of the boys
It doesn't, it turns it into a joke like a lot of manga. And this is one of the best selling manga, saying it's mostly made for people who get off on abuse is just plain stupid.

>cavalry contest
NONONONONONONO don't remind me
Has it at least ended now?
It's just so uninteresting and so fucking long

The cavalry battle just ended.

The BUY THE BLURAY meme saved this anime for me, at least when it aired. Sure I guess I could watch it now without giant sunshafts, but that's half the fun.

>I hate to see main characters get beat up and belittled at every turn
>he isn't into femdom
Pleb detected

>Why do characters do things that will obviously go wrong?
Because you said it yourself, it makes good stories

>I end up cringing my ass off
Oh fuck off

>watch a comedy
>laugh
>still have to hate it
Sounds like you're just used to watching bland pleb shit, so maybe you feel like you're not supposed to like it.