Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Battle City continues in volume 26.

Chapter 224

>Kaiba's face

Was Marik pulling a knife on Yugi in the anime? Dude is hardcore

Is dark Marik the edgiest character in the manga?

I always felt the judge was pretty damn casual about a woman being mind broken and a kid getting hit unconscious

Chapter 225

To be fair, he had no idea what was going on and he works for a guy that spent millions of dollars on a tournament with no revenue solely to get two trading cards. He stopped caring long ago.

I love how that box that says "THE POWER OF CARDS" has such an emphasis on it.

Man, why does Kaiba always have to duel the mind readers and future sight people?

Jesus. The anime downplayed that penalty game.

>realistically, this would be the strongest Millennium Item power against non Millennium Item user
>it loses a guy without a Millennium Item because he changed his mind at the last second.
Nice necklace, Ishizu.

Ishizu is my wife

Chapter 226

Fucking relax Kaiba

24 hours, yet in the anime they had time to do an entire arc inbetween the finals kek. They completely forgot about Mai and Bakura

Is Crush Card even necessary?
She can barely get over 2K without equip cards.
He could just sit on Vorse Raider the whole duel and win.

>says god cards are immune to card effects
>Obelisk dies to a card effect
Did Kaz even show to care about the rules of this game at least once?

He only used it when Vorse Raider was about to be destroyed. It had no downsides to kill off half her deck at that point.

Had he Shrinked Mudora then summon another monster, he could have swung for game.

>Kaiba could have won this duel in less than 5 turns if he wasn't so full of himself and was playing rationally.
Looks like Yugi truly is the only good duelist in this series.

It's one of the weirder moments to be sure. Almost harkens back to DK-like moments where the hardware would have to keep the rulings up. It's definitely not the best moment in terms of cardplay.

The way it works is, the bomb is planted in a monster as soon as it's played. When that monster is sacrificed, the bomb transfers. The effect only covers the first chosen monster, so it won't transfer again. As for why it would kill Obelisk, who knows. It is possible that Ishizu was just being metaphorical and that the burn effect of 4000 would be dealt to Kaiba either way. It could be something like Dimension Magic where the way the card activates confuses the god protection since the God Cards were so old.

Back to shit scans.

Chapter 227

Yugi got destroyed by bakura

>Back to shit scans.
NOOOOOO

>It could be something like Dimension Magic where the way the card activates confuses the god protection since the God Cards were so old.
So non-targeting removal?
That makes a lot more sense if god cards are just untargetable so specific card effects kill them.
When was this? He always kicked Bakura's ass.

>Yugi turns the ground under Obelisk into mud
>lowers its attack despite Obelisk being able to float

>god card attacks can't be reflected as shown in Slifer's debut
>Yugi's winning strategy against Atem was to reflect Slifer's attack

>Ra can only be summoned with a special chant
>except for every other time its summoned

I'm pretty sure every single rule has been broken at some point

>Isis

>her main strategy is punishing the rich man for putting so many things in the graveyard and then blowing him up.
It really makes you think.

Chapter 228

Yugi and kaiba really seem like bros in the manta with only mild tsun

>I will show her my olors w/obelisk later
what did he mean by that?

That's pretty much their relationship that they anime failed to show.
It's no worse than Goku/Vegeta or Naruto/Sasuke

Chapter 229

Might as well try and strip her naked in front of everybody Kaiba, jeez...

>Through God's attack Isis will lose

>The me now only needs God's power and don't need other cards
>NTRing your bro Blue Eyes White Dragon with the new flavor of the month
I'm ashamed of you Kaiba

We Canadian now.

Funny you should mention that
He'll go back to it when Yugi takes Obelisk from him.
It really is such a waste to basically 3 people for 3 copies of a card you don't even use anymore.

Chapter 230

If he had Silent Doom this entire time, why didn't he use it earlier to fend off Ishizu's attacks?
In fact, he could just summon another copy of Blue-eyes from the grave and then sit on that until Obelisk comes out.

What compels people with terrible english to translate? There used to be Duwang tier manga everywhere.

I see nice scans
How long will they last?

>Mil rod