/jojo/

Anyone else think that Polnareff should've gotten more action in part 5?
I know he was just a vessel for the requiem arc, but I feel like if he survived against Diavolo he would've actually been a good ally

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StardustCrusaders/comments/4l3f9m/how_to_read_part_5_vento_aureo/)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The problem is, at this point almost all the Stands have melee skills + a special ability. Even without its user being crippled, Silver Chariot was still outclassed.
On the other hand "shitty" Stands can be immensely dangerous in the right hands, and Polnareff is an experienced fighter. Hell, he almost got DIO.

He actually did survive, well he's in a turtle's body now but at least he's like Giorno's advisor if he understands turtle language, if that counts as him surviving.

Technically...

I feel like he was there as a tie in to Part 3 while settling his own end/fate post Part 3 with the reader learning about Jotaro's fate in Part 6.

I would say Silver Chariot's speed and power more than make up for its lack of secondary abilities. I think newer stands focusing on special abilities makes them a lot more interesting, but not necessarily more powerful.

Yeah, I guess you're right. All of the surviving crusaders got an end in some way.

Joseph was just kinda old.

Just finished Part 3, and it wasn't as good as most people made it out to be, though it was still pretty hype and sad ;_;

Anyway, how do the remaining parts fare in comparison?

JJL in a nutshell right?

hopefully you've already been spoiled on everything if you're posting in jojo threads, otherwise get out and don't come back until you finish part seven or at least part four.

part 4 is shit

I'm going to tell you from experience, be prepared for the sudden change of art style in DIU. Don't let it put you off the show

Joseph got a nice send off in Part 4
even if he didn't had a lot of screen time, what he had was a nice way of saying goodbye to his character

This. At least he wasn't an asshole granddad

This is on my first read (as I plan to re-read the parts to see if I missed anything neat), but I'd say that the later parts 'writing' (in terms of characters and themes anyway) got better compared to the first 3. I'm not saying that the first 3 are shit, it's more of that they're simple, straight-forward stories with Araki getting better with characterization and themes as time progresses.

I think that's the reason why Araki didn't let him stay death in Part 3
It would've kinda ruined the character if after everything you saw him go throught in 2 and 3 he dies and then we find out he cheated on his wife and abandon his son

>The problem is, at this point almost all the Stands have melee skills + a special ability. Even without its user being crippled, Silver Chariot was still outclassed.
Not really. Silver Chariot was almost Star Platinum tier fast and definitely capable of keeping up with most melee stands. But like The World, he'd have no chance against a time manipulation stand simply because his way of fighting is so one-dimensional to take on King Crimson.

How powerful would Chariot Requiem be if Polnareff's body was still alive to control it?

He could probably stop it from going haywire like it did
Dont really know if it would still walk away with the arrow while still being under Polnareffs control

Should I read 5 in color or black and white? I don't know which ones have been retranslated

It wouldn't still be on autopilot. Polnareff himself said that requiem was only following his wishes to protect the arrow.
Also, in the flashback Polnareff withdrew chariot while in his requiem form, showing that he does have control in that case, he just didn't know how to properly use his abilities yet

Part 5 still hasn't been completely colored yet but there are colored parts but I think it's up till Mista's Sex Pistols. Your best bet is B&W and the retranslations are almost complete anyway.

For color you only have the first 3 volumes
and for B&W you have all the way up till the last 3 volumes
I'll say go color then switch when you run out

what the fuck was he wearing anyway? strangest eyepatch ever unless that is some overly exaggerated pair of one eyed shades that protects damaged eyes from UV rays

Speaking of King Crimson, you think the Part 5 surviving crew could've really defeated it without the arrow? I can't tell if Araki wrote himself into a corner or if there could've been a more creative Giorno vs. Diavolo fight with them using their powers to the fullest like Josuke vs Kira.

I used mangafox first (mangafox.me/manga/vento_aureo/).
For chapters after Green Day and Oasis 13, follow the directions on the jojo subreddit (reddit.com/r/StardustCrusaders/comments/4l3f9m/how_to_read_part_5_vento_aureo/)

It's an eyepatch. Just a really shitty one

Didn't the final fight happened at night time? If it actually did Fugo could probably just use PH to fuck up Diavolo's day.

Nah, Getting body switched and Diavolo prioritizing the arrow saved their lives. you would need a shit load of pre-planning to beat Diavolo.

Nope day time, and Fugo had already been written out.

It's funny how Purple Haze counters almost every close-range power type. Not even Star Platinum would beat it

Kinda hard due to how absolute King Crimson's powers are, you kinda need some spice of bullshit to break the mold, like with same type of stand, Kira fucking himself over for the 100th time to stop Bite the Dust, Pucci cluelessly falling into Emporios trap, and the way Johnny awoken Act 4 without really using his horse

I guess if he can spam his skip time ability and was smart with using it, then he'd be at a major advantage. He also didn't fuck around, rather he got straight to the point.

All Johnny did was use the steel ball to galvanize the horse's leg and make it kick him to transfer the Golden Rectangle's power from the sudden movement.

Still, going from "you need the full power of your horse to get the infinite spin" to "Well I guess getting kicked by it gets the job done" was kind of a head scratcher

Don't forget he shot with his nails when Bruno failed specifically because his steel balls weren't 100% round.

He wrote KC so overpowered on purpose because he always wanted them to need a power up to beat it, but his notorious lack of planning meant that by the time he got up to that point he realised he hadn't actually planned the power up and final battle and had been planning to plan.

Haven't read SBR yet and I am very confused

>Giorno rolls himself and the gang in sticky substance
>covers the sticky substance with sand or rocks or shit
>turns all the particles into various bugs and worms
>goes into battle against Diavolo
>not know about Gold Experience's abilities, King Crimson decides to just punch these bug-wearing weirdos to death
>As King Crimson tries to donut one of Giorno's gang, the damage reflects off the bugs and worms and Diavolo gets donuted instead

Math nigga.

The "full power of the horse" thing really only meant the horse was running in the shape of the Golden Rectangle, basically having its own Spin. Johnny throwing the steel ball into his horse's leg forcefully made it contract into the Rectangle's Super Spin motion, giving him the necessary energy to use Act 4.

Polenareff is probably my least favorite companion to a JoJo, all he did was get himself put into sticky situations and get his assed saved by the others

What would be the exact opposite of king crimson? A stand that keeps the cause but erases the effect? How would that even work?

Kek

will the new translations help make sense of the weirdness of part 5's ending? I remember aliens and shit

That damage reflection ability was OP as fuck too, he wrote it out
Otherwise, this should've harmed Mista

Magic math

There's GER.

That's literally Gold Experience Requiem
He can reset any action, thus removing the effect even though the cause happened

This is the best Stand battle in the series, prove me wrong

This looks totally weird and funny out of context of what's happening.

I love Narancia!

Stop that

Stop what

I think Araki was going to do more with the damage reflection, but then he realized Giorno could do shit like this and just decided to drop it.

Doppio > Narancia

That isn't Tusk Act Platinum vs Scary Monsters of The World.

mb

who the fuck brought you from that sinful thread

King Crimson just makes everything but Diavolo not exist for up to 10 seconds (t. read an official translation because Italian) so the opposite would be making yourself not exist for up to 10 seconds, like just full on going intangible.

Yes. The actual ending is kind of abrupt but the whole Requiem arc makes sense despite how batshit it is. I'll assume that when they reach that point (they're like 10 chapters away) it'll finally make sense for English readers.

Holy fuck did I accidentally find the hidden poetry of part 5.

I don't want no trouble.
My self fucker do you really think I'm that dumb?

I thought king crimson worked completely different but I guess this kind of makes sense.

That fight was shit compared to Tusk Act Infinity Bites the Dust Distortion Requiem vs Gold Experience: The World Over Heaven.

There's also Diavolo wishing that he was immortal and he got exactly that but in the form of eternal death loops where he constantly lives and dies.

Ok here's the truth.
In the beginning when I started naranciaposting I simply used narancia as a placeholder for a girl I liked for a really long time I thought it would be funny just to spam I'm in love wit ha gangstar in every thread. It was just that simple but over time people got annoyed with me a lot and kept replying to me and insulting me. I didn't care at first but soon I was fascinated when ever someone replied to me and I saw that (You) pop up. It was amazing. So I started posting him more and more in the threads to elicit more responses so the quality began to drop rapidly. Soon enough people gave me the name Naranciafag and some other well known posters who are pretty much gone now like mosaic user starting replying to me saying how pissed off they were. Then whole new shitposters were created just to try and get me to stop posting. All of this made me feel so powerful to be so well known that even a pic of Narancia or the word fucker can make people think of me. It was wonderful.

>Diavolo still dying in the background
Nice

nevermind i found it and yes

how the fuck did you manage to climb in this peaceful quiet thread.

WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?

dead

Fuck you fucker
Because I'm not retarded

The cause and effect stuff was made up by the old translators because they didn't get it because of shit Japanese, but GER is still meant be POTTERY because Diavolo ended up getting exactly what he wanted but not in the way he wanted.

That makes sense

>POTTERY

How far are the official translations in Italian and French anyway?
>want to get physical copies
>official English only up to Part 3

Daily reminder that there is no possible way for any of you to get rid of me forever.
Just list any reasonable ideas because you can't.
None that would work anyway.

please go back to the jojolion thread. you belong there.i'm dying on the inside

Dunno about French but I think they're up to SBR. There's a couple of JJL volumes in Italian so far and I think it's the one furthest along.

Its beautiful isnt it?0Honestly I don't blame them I ducked around the black sabbath fight.

The Italian physical copies of part 5 are really great from what I've heard.

>One of them is me, the OP of this thread

>the jojolion thread
I created that thread with the best of intentions how could it go so wrong?

Just let it happen there is only peace through me and Narancia.

Are you two just sitting next to each other and just wiping your ass on the keyboard?

Fuck you fucker

That's cool, at least those countries are able to get physical media. On the bright side, Rohan at the Louvre gets an English version.

I don't know how excited the Italian fans are for Part 5 being animated soon if any, not sure how popular Jojo is in those areas. Maybe there will be special Part 5 events in actual Italy too?

It's pretty popular in Italy, I think that's why it's gotten so many volume releases there. It's popular pretty much everywhere it's released honestly.

delete that last one for Christ's sake.

Also, why would Italian fans be excited if Jojo was animated?

Araki loves going to Italy, Italy loves Jojo back.

When will the Part 5 anime likely get announced anyway?

Part 4 is apparently licensed so we'll get it eventually. Maybe.

Just wait till naranciafag sees this

Somewhere around Spring or Summer probably or if we get lucky, next month since there's a big Jojo event.

After all the blu rays for Part 4 are out

Soon.
If David doesn't make a Part 5 anime, even after including a reference in Great Days, I feel like the japs will start rioting.

There's an anime event in February. If it's not announced there and was just Rohan OVA stuff then we probably won't get it this year, and instead we'll get the announcement in October like the DiU anime announcement and it'll air April next year.