Why do millennials no longer go out to eat?

Why do millennials no longer go out to eat?

Do not understand it is hurting small restaraunt businesses?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/millennials-endanger-casual-dining-restaurants-2017-5
archive.is/3niIG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Erm, I'm 27, do i count as a millenial?

Anyway i eat out probably once a week and can say its expensive. I think its even more expensive in the US with all this like 20% mandatory tipping shit.

Everyone should know how to cook and prepare good food. Eating out should also be enjoyed, but not every day.

We do.

yes 27 is millennial. born after 1982 = millennial.
I don't go out to eat because everywhere seems to be owned by faggots and pakis and I don't want hiv and halal faeces in my food with a side order of bubonic plague.
fuck eating out

We can barely afford the cost of living since wages haven't gone up to compensate for inflation.

You serious? Millenials literally waste all their money on eating out and going to cafés, or atleast that is the image I have of the american youth

i'm from ca's bay area, 27, all the faggots i know who are employed with liveleyhood are cunty faggots who spend hundreds of dollars every week on artisanal shit instead of learning how to make it themselves paying $2.5k a month for their apartments

fuck all millennials unless they're on this board agreeing with me

i eat out everyday and it turned me into a fat fuck. kudos to the girl in OP.

Nope

businessinsider.com/millennials-endanger-casual-dining-restaurants-2017-5

This is the answer. It is expensive, and millenials are stuck with a really raw deal in regards to the overall state of the economy, and the high unemployment. Same reason they don't go to cinemas and are supposedly "killing" all sorts of businesses and industries.

I'm Millennial and spend almost every dime I get so I can be happy during a recession

t. applebees and olive garden connoisseur

>chains
>hurting small restaraunt businesses

faggot restaurants nobody eats at

Can you stop you fucking stalker. You will never get Soe. It is time to move on to find a real woman.

$30 of self-cooked food = 3-4 days of meals
$30 of restaurant food = 1-2 nights of meals

It's almost like stagnant wages and Jewish inflation have made living the Boomer lifestyle impossible.

Goddamn it, this person's face pisses me off every time it's posted here. It looks like some sort of robot or something.

It's not impossible. If someone lives at home while working a middle class job they can live the Boomer lifestyle even as people laugh at them.

>Buy an ad removal pass
I can't even afford to read this article, let alone go out to eat

>chain restaurants are dying
Oh no.

It's nearly $20 for a large pizza from Papa Johns. I can get two slices of pepperoni that are half the size of one Papa John's large pizza at a local place near my house for $3 each. I can get a salad with it that's as large as a Gulf War-era helmet for another $3.

Corporate eateries can get fucked.

Because we are poor as fuck and don't have boomer money

But if you live at home you can do it.

>go out
>have meal with dick cheese and buggers
>where's my tip
no thx

I can afford to eat out or to buy MtG cards -- not both. I choose cardboard.

I'm 20, in the Sac area. I usually prep my meals for school and work. Saves me money and i like my cooking, best thing I've ever learned.

>Do not understand it is hurting small restaraunt businesses?
who cares? let them go bankrupt

because make your own food is more cheaper
OP is a retarded

so stop easing at McFatsos

>Knife in tin can

BITCH WHAT ARE YOU DOING

>small restaraunt businesses?
yeah, poor mexicans will run out of jobs in US lol

if some bitch comes into your life and wants to be taken out all the time TEACH HER YOUR SUPERIOR HABITS

What a stupid fucking reason to dull a knife. Get a fucking can-opener for fuck’s sake. As a chef this legitimately offends me. Dumb bitch

I was born spring of '96, does that mean I'm a millennial? Having worked at a restaurant I immediately assume most places are using SYSCO items and or owned by boomers. Fuck that. Also nothing beats making food that I like to my tastes. I'll go to a Carl's Jr. or Jack in the Box if I want a quick and effortless meal.

>OP can't make his own food
>complains about people that make their own food

The hair on that girl makes her look 40+ wtf

hello mr slider shill sir

Unemployment just hit a 20-year low in America and millennials have a ton of expendable income. The issue is that they’re spending it all on student loans and avocado toast. The cost curve of avocados looks similar to bitcoin because of avocado toast. It’s fucking madness.

jesus fuck she's fugly, she'll look like yoda in ~3 years

Millennials are into healthy trends and dumb unicorn shakes but to think they cook in an economical and tasty way is ridiculous!

>Born 98
>Have no friends
>If I eat alone I look like sperg who is lonely.
Besides that I'm poor.

>She ruined a 100$ knife instead of just buying can opener.

Because they are growing up

>mfw $7.99 large pizzas from Dominos

I occasionally will shamefully put down an entire Dominos large pizza when I get drunk.

Thank you Dominos for being affordable.

Looks like cheap German steel but still. That $20 knife didn’t have to be ruined for her fucking Instagram picture. Dumb bitch.

Why do you care if you look like a sperg to strangers? Those strangers wouldn't help you

If I saw my gf using my Shun knives to do that, we’d break up. To disrespect Japanese steel like that is a fucking sin.

Except avocado toast is good and bitcoin is an awesome investment.

>born in 98

underage b&

>Why do you care if you look like a sperg to strangers?
I hate people.
It is my excuse why I don't go out much, IMO people nowadays just don't have close friendships so they can't go out together because everyone will be consumed by smart phones by the end of night.

>blaming people for not wanting to buy a product, "hurting" the business that makes it
fuck off

Fuck the small restaurant businesses

it is 2017

I'm eating at Dennys right now

Why would I do that, if I can cook better for less ?

>Unemployment just hit a 20-year low in America and millennials have a ton of expendable income.

I'm living in a relatively wealthy area(massachusetts) and I can confirm that almost all the college educated millennials I know(between 19 and 24) live paycheck to paycheck

ironically, restaurant food and alcohol/bars is something they DO spend money on, however.

>cannot subtract
oh good, all the foreigners are going to see this now and realize how great American education must be

>oy vey! go to our restaurant stupid goyim
making food with local grown product is redpilled

>millenials are killing x business

Free market motherfuckers. Industries rise and fall, fuck em if they can't keep with the times. Nobody cried about the film camera industry dying I don't see why people should be sad about restaurants/cars/cinemas etc. dying out.

The best way to get close friendships today is not to tolerate that and have older or homeschooled or sperg friends. It insulates you from the trends if you refuse to get close to anyone who isn't loyal.

boomers are hurting the pokeman business by not buying pokemans! for shame

>user, why don't you have any friends?
>"it's everyone else's fault but mine"

I live in a country with 1.5 million people. The sample size is too small for me to find such friendships.

I'm 29 so maybe I'm not a millenial, but it's just too expensive for me. S-still a student and on Sup Forums desu ne

>Being able to cook your own meal
>Eating healthy food that you know what in it

This is a problem why exactly?

Try to grow your own food as much as you can.
Cook your own food as much as you can.
Don't drink tap water at all.

Its not my responsibility to prop up small businesses, come up with a better business that appeals to more people if its going down the shitter. Sick of “you have to support your local businesses “ crap, go fuck yourselves,

Because basically all millenials have come to accept they almost certainly will never be able to afford a house etc. So might as well brighten their lives up somehow, even if it's just with having a meal at a restaurant.

>Implying millennials cook

What world do you live in ?

>20% mandatory tipping

A. It's customary for 9-10 percent for tip
B. It's not mandatory at all.

Somebody kill this bitch

$10 for a basic dish that you can easily make at home for a fraction of that?
Yeah no

Meet zombie bitch that eats like shit.
>I'll teach her my superior habits!

Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded.

This. When the times are bad it makes sense to have fun.

But I don't believe most of them will never be able to afford a home. Maybe in coastal areas where homes are millions

.>not mandatory
You are treated like shit and I DARE you to show to same place without having someone spit your food

>after taxes bring home 1400/mo
>rent 800/mo
>utilities 120/mo

Where in this are millenials supposed to have money for eating out?

how do you even know if someone spit in your food? If you can prove it then you can have the restaurant shut down

>Start thread with "Why do millenials..."
>Guaranteed 200+ replies

are you implying it's ok to be underage in current year???

noooo! why would you do that to your poor knife?!!

They wont spit in your food, least they want to be sued and shut down. However they will fuck with you in other ways such as making you wait longer, burning/cooking something much more than it should. Not going by your special requests, "no dressing on salad" stuff like that.

>Being this self conscious

>1400/mo

Jeez user, you make less than the Indians that we contract web development work to

Learn some Javascript and you could be making $1000+/week

Stop shilling your shit article here kate. It wont help. Your boss knows you are a fuckup, you will be gone in 2018.

Archive that shit
archive.is/3niIG

For Millennials to succeed they need to be crafty with their skills and entrepreneurs. Do what you gotta do to live comfy, stop stressing about the normies and get your house!

I don't understand this, I mean here it's considered polite to tip a few extra cents, with the whole not earning as much or whatever, but why do American waiters think they are entitled to anything ?
And then they are so butthurt and proceed to threaten you if don't give them at least a 25% tip, it's ridiculous

At least here in the UK, average house price is roughly a quarter of a million. The average salary is around £25000.

They talk a lot about delivery. I don't see the appeal in normal circumstances. Most foods aren't improved by sitting around for 25 minutes before making it to your plate. Pizza is acceptable, but still not as good as getting right out of the oven. I'd rather go to a restaurant or make it myself.

Unhealthy and too expensive. You can get healthier preprepared options any respectable grocery store these days.

The only reason to go out to eat is to enjoy the company of others. We've got smartphones for that. Besides, once you get to drinking a restaurant becomes a massive rip off.

Fucking lol'd.

>Boomers fucks the economy
>Why won't millennials buy expensive shit
Perhaps I'd afford to buy luxury items if a small apartment didn't cost ~€500k
Born in '85, almost wish I died before '00.

*so butthurt that they proceed to threaten

House prices have increase about 4x since 1997 as well, and real income has remained the same.

I wonder what THINGS happened then...

You can though. You can live at home with a middle class income, save money and live the Boomer lifestyle in the middle of the recession. Even if people make fun of you, you've got it made

They only talk delivery because millennials live in cuckpartments carlessly. So of course deliver is a logical option for customer access.

Boomers are fucked up.

>Millennials are so entitled! They expect a payment just for being born!
>Of course I'm entitled to a pension! I was born 65 years ago!

Meh. The key is not to care. I don't care if anyone calls me entitled. It's like water off my back because I see entitlement as a good thing. I feel nothing when Boomers say I'm entitled or when Millennials say I need to care about "society". I laugh at both of them.

Why pay more to eat just so you can listen to some out of control anchor baby run around and scream while their parents do nothing?

>Why do millennials no longer go out to eat?

Because it's fucking stupid. Real men and women cook at home and are good at it. If you need a restaurant you are incompetent at a skill you should be good at.

I'm not a millennial but restaurants are shit. I have freezer full of venison and steak. I can prepare what I want when I want it and shitpost naked while eating much better food for less money.

Paying someone to cook for you is cuckery, and driving to eat is a time and effort sink for nothing. If you can't cook, you aren't a man, your're a cuck.

I was just making a point. I'm pretty much living a normie life. House, car and wife, soon a kid. Living smart though. Many of my friends blow all their cash on stupid shit. I'm even close to being debt-free (less than 5 years now).

and ironically, you're a cook

>claims to live smart
>has debts

Because cooking at home is fun, and 8/10 times you can make better food than some restaurant that is overly concerned with food cost.