Why are millenials so poor?

Explain this Sup Forums

Job market, student loan debts.

Because they're retarded, short-term thinking, impulse-buying consumerist twats buying shit like this instead of putting money aside.

Pretty much this. But inflation has driven prices for a lot of basic needs up. I will just admit I don't budget and save as well as I should.

Don't know how to use borrowed money.

wtf am I looking at here are you telling me I can sell a spoonful of nutella with 3 tiny shavings of coconut to some retard for $5

i'm doing everything wrong

basically Keynes ruined everything

nutella isnt even good

Saving money is a joke when interest rates are below inflation.

You need to invest. And that is an actual skill. So much so, 80% of processional money managers can't even beat the S&P 500 Index.

Feminism and minimum wage jobs. Companies often see minimum wage = maximum wage.

Millenials are poor because the cost of everything has gone up, while wages have remained stagnant.

Instead of living like a poor person they want to still go out and experience things because you only get one life.

Many millenials are faced with this choice: have fun and be broke, or save up some money and hate your life.

They/we deserve a little sympathy. Many of us have no hope of ever buying a house. Without a house, most of us won't be able to have the family life we want (everyone playing in the backyard...) which makes it easier to not get married and have kids.

Millenials get a lot of hate, but it's really fucked up for a whole generation to have no hope of achieving what past generations did.

If they can't achieve what previous generations did, then it means they have to find some other lifestyle and future to look forward to.

Enter consumerism. Focus on food, tech and travel, and use the internet for cheap shits and giggles. Settle down? No, you haven't fucked 100 people from tinder yet.

Boomers took away our chance at a good life, so we're not really trying to please boomers.

it costs more than an actual jar of the stuff

holy shit

are you fucking retarded?

muh zero risk investment is not making me money, can anyone explain why?

What do you notice about the married home owning Millennials?

They aren't any happier. They're usually alone.

>flag

Put it all on vanguard S&P

How are they alone if they're married?

All these things. Boomers were more the ladder post but with the former being favorable, they got away with it and are now parasites.

>it's a millenial who doesn't know he's a millenial insults other millenials episode

Ah. I apologize, I only read the home owning part.
Besides, what ive noticed is even then, there is a weird social isolationism going on. Like, I don't even know my neighbors. Ive talked like once in the years ive spent here.

I'm lazy and a forever-student.

What's it mean if I'm Millennial and I'm so used to the entitlement comments I've begun to think entitlement is good? It's to the point that if older generations criticize me I don't care but even more when my own generation criticizes me I don't care. Just runs off my back to the point I'm pure ego.

Entitled? I'm proud to be this.

Too individualistic? Society bah!

How long do you think it's been this way? Because I think this is problematic in a way.

Spoon of nutella for the price of a jar of nutella. What a bargain.

Things btfoing nutella

>natural pb
>pic related. anyone who tried knows it's light years ahead of nutella

A long while. Even as a kid I never knew my neighbors. There was never any attempt.

I honestly don't know a single married home howning millenial here. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I've never seen/met one.

Really? Because I was so close to some of the neighbor kids they were like family to me. Kids were always over my home to the point I didn't have to make an effort to have someone around. My family defied the stranger danger trend back then.

The ones I know are staunchly Republican except more realist and nationalist than most Boomers. They want only the best school areas for their kids so they don't end up stupid like the kids in the bad districts. They resent their generation for wanting more taxes and an end to capitalism and think they should stop whining about free college.

>"why do you spend so much on X you dumb millenials????"
Because that's how much it fucking costs you fucking retard. I know the last time you had to actually live in the real world was 1970 but the cost of living does go up over time.

In addition, the job market sucks. There are no entry-level jobs and those there are, are part time and for a handful of months at most. No full-time ongoing work. Meanwhile CEOs now make 78 times as much as the average Australian.

I'm slowly turning into a communist and the conservatives have nobody to blame but themselves. They have consistently failed to deliver a better alternative than the fucking USSR.

because they get stoopid degrees and end up working at Starcucks

I wonder what you think about this. The home owning or close to home owning Millennials I know are staunchly Republican except more realist and nationalist than most Boomers. They want only the best school areas for their kids so they don't end up stupid like the kids in the bad districts. They resent their generation for wanting more taxes and an end to capitalism and think they should stop whining about free college.

Is that $5 for a fucking spoonful of nutella? Jesus, there's greed and then there's that.

>What do you notice about the married home owning Millennials?

They came from a stable home growing up, Had serious help with college but also realistic career goals that had a better chance at landing them a job after school, and more often I see it was because their parents/family hooked them up with a job in their industry.

It's who you know and how you were raised.

It's costing you money tho. It's not saving if the purchasing power isn't constant.

Crippling debt and no concept of what money is until that debt comes crashing down.

Academia brainwashing getting as many pushed through to higher education on the premise that they will make enough money to pay shit off by following their dreams. Followed by the rude awakening that the best career in your field is being a clerk at the dmv for $4/hour above minimum wage and $750 a month is actually quite a bit of money after rent and utilities. Biggest redpill I spread when I became my high schools success story (simultaneously not being a heroin addict, not bein nobodies baby daddy and having a salaried position outside the government) was getting on stage and telling them if they dont look forward to coming to school in the morning, go get a CDL license and be a trucker, debt is a bitch.

It's easy to be right-wing when your rich parents parachuted you into a job right out of college.

>people who have something to lose are more conservative
What a shocker. That doesn't mean being conservative got them what they have. They're only where they are because money begets money.

>but what about this one guy i know who is totally self-made
Yeah, I bet all he started with was a small loan of a million dollars. Right?

"self-made" is a myth. For every genuine self-made wealthy person there are 100 posers who don't realise how much of a leg up they got because they've never actually been in a position to genuinely be self-made in the first place because they came from fucking money to start with.

If you're from the upper-middle class you will never, ever, be self-made. Full stop. Even middle class, to an extent, cannot claim to be self-made.

i want to spread nutella on your booty and lick it off is that cool?

This is all true. How do you notice it affects their political views or their perception on their own generation?

Might as well. It's not like I've got a future worth saving myself for. Let's get dirty and then die.

No no no no, it's not just some common nutella. Look closer. It's nutella AND some grated nuts. Easily worth the 5 bucks.

Learn a trade you entitled faggot. There is plenty of jobs. It may not be the job you think you deserve but shut the fuck up and get it.

What if that doesn't stop you from wanting more though? And technically class is more than just income. A high prole can have more of an income than a middle class person. There are also more obstacles than just money to get places.

I grew up in a poor neighborhood with gun violence all the time. It was too risky to let your neighbors know anything about you. Blend in rather than stand out.

Jobs are not awarded by skill, and pay does not scale with skill. We live in a society where who you know is more important than what you know. Some of us just opt out entirely and find happiness in bux and vidya until the day of meritocracy is upon us.

Fuck you. My daddy left when I was 6 and I had to work my ass off to get a machinist job that pays 23+ an hour. This is nowhere close to the end, but you have to work if you want anything. Or just keep whining you bitch.

Honestly not worth it getting rich imo hellfire coming soon anyway

Lies. Jobs ate rewarded by skill unless you suck.

My family taught me that from a young age and how to network. Life is about jumping through hoops

Companies award jobs like Japanese colleges award spots, with an entrance exam? Sauce?

Yeah. Exactly. Youre a fucking machinist. Not a millionaire you dipshit. He was claiming thst these self made millionaires had help. You arent rich.

Also this

>debt is a bitch.
Not if you planned on never paying it back.

Don't forget the $8 avocado toast.
enjoy the culture

What? No. You get a trade and become proficient and then demand what you are worth. Or just sit around in your fail and wait.

This, its easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven you know

>the trades meme
Little did he know that in Australia youth unemployment is highest among tradies.

Now shut the fuck up you dumb nigger.

>What if that doesn't stop you from wanting more though?
I don't care about what people want.

>And technically class is more than just income.
>A high prole can have more of an income than a middle class person.
Yes and no. Nobody brings home a big paycheck without being their own boss, whether or not they turn pipes or do crisis management PR. You're not a plumber anymore if you spend more time managing other plumbers (and putting your hand into their paychecks for the privilege).

>There are also more obstacles than just money to get places.
I don't care. Suck it up. There is no problem in life not made easier to deal with by having more money.

Why did you post this? Who are you defending? Clearly not yourself, because I never attacked you or people like you. You are literally defending the "self-made" millionaires who just bought themselves a tax cut at your expense by corrupting your democracy - and you are doing it F O R F R E E.

Maybe if you thought more and worked less you wouldn't be making a peasant wage thinking that was special or noteworthy or somehow put you in the big boy club. But I cannot make you drink.

The jews have consolidated all wealth and enslaved the masses.

Don't spend money on eating out and travel etc and save for home. How hard is that for you to understand. Don't. Spend. Money. Save. It.

Your generation gets shit for lacking critical thinking skills. Your entire generation is cattle.

We can't all be boomers.

oy vey that's like another shoah

Oh I'm sorry. Thought I was talking to a relevant country. Enjoy waiting around with that sense of entitlement, you abo fucking methcommie.

Ha.
No, it's who you know. It always is and always was. You can work hard to get to know somebody. But thats it. Once you know the right person, you get into their old mans circle.

It was a one night hipster shitpost in Melbourne. See also: avolatte.

Sauce?

I got where I am because of me. No ome else.

>burns hand

Buying a home is a money scam.

>Yes and no. Nobody brings home a big paycheck without being their own boss, whether or not they turn pipes or do crisis management PR. You're not a plumber anymore if you spend more time managing other plumbers (and putting your hand into their paychecks for the privilege).

I'm talking about people with union pay and benefits in a society where wages are going down.

>I don't care. Suck it up. There is no problem in life not made easier to deal with by having more money.

If you don't care about my issues I shouldn't care about yours. There are many issues that can hold someone back other than money, including invisible disabilities.

Here you go, satan.

>Don't spend money on eating out and travel etc and save for home.
It takes 8.2 years to save for a deposit for a home in a major Australian city if you save 20% of your income religiously non-stop.

That means you could easily be in your 30s before you could buy your own home.

Now tell me about how it's perfectly possible to start a family while you're fucking renting.

l o l

I make more than you do and my only qualification is having graduated highschool. Enjoy your "job" and your "trades" and your "relevant country."

Wah I don't feel guilt when you say this. I don't feel collective blame at all. It's to the point people can say almost anything to me and I don't care.

That is Tubgirl and Goatse-tier disgusting

Sauce on the fact that the pay and employment rate scale with skill? I already knew there were schools out there to collect money to be made with tuition.

If anyone here is actually serious about investing and wants a low risk with actual non shit vangaurd returns, I recommend a copper ETF, electric car craze is slowly spiking demand

>If you don't care about my issues I shouldn't care about yours.
>There are many issues that can hold someone back other than money, including invisible disabilities.
Let me spell it out for you.

T H E R E I S N O T A S I N G L E P R O B L E M I N T H I S W O R L D T H A T I S N O T M A D E E A S I E R T O H A N D L E W I T H M O R E M O N E Y.

That's why I don't care about your crocodile tears.

>I'm talking about people with union pay and benefits in a society where wages are going down.
And?

What's your point?

The fiat currency is increasingly making it impossible for the average newly employed to amass any wealth capable of buying anything other than cheap trinkets.The house prices were one quarter of the average yearly wages in USA at the beginning of the last century, now they are comparable to 4 yearly wages. While many prices fell down in comparison to their relation to the average wage, the said products are trinkets, in the line up of blankets with sleeves and shoes with lights in them, the actual products that are needed as houses and cars went through the roof.

It's not going to get any better.

they have rich parents or inherited a dead relatives home

As tough as it is for us, I really weep for the following generation. I graduated college around 5 years ago thinking things were bad (and they were) but today is a sick joke. I wouldn't have been able to afford college even with loans if I had to go today, and nobody wants to give scholarships to a skinny white boy who is only the 10th in his class. The college bubble needs to burst now.

I am 30, "own" a home (still owe around $85K on a $100K home) and am engaged to a 21 year old girl without kids. AMA.

This is why you don't have a job

I think the electric car craze is on its way out. Tesla is a failure

>i maek more than youuui

Then shut the fuck up and stop crying into your avocado toast.

>another why are Millennial...
I don't know. I try and try again but I don't know why I don't have more money
I have my insurance on my trucks about as low as it gets. my insurance for 2 costs the same as other people with 1
the only thing I spend money on that I don't really need is ammunition and used guns but its less than $300 a year
I save all of it and I use less money than almost anybody but somehow my income is not that much more than my expenses

More people, same sized environment: less resources to go around and more importantly, a greater and greater chance that as any given commodity circulates it will be hoarded for profit seeking, speculative reasons.

Individual human beings do not live at the end of the system that would magnify their contributions, they live at the business end of capitalism. They have no individual power over the system as an input.

The same psychology that drives grannies to hold on to stacks of vhs cassettes and size 4 clothes from the 70s drives institutional investors holding on to moribund companies in decaying industries and makes it extremely rational for corporations to put all their profits directly under their mattresses.

No, none of this is an attack on free markets. Why would a market remain free when that is never in the self interest of the majority of successful participants in it?.

Tesla will fail but it won't take electric cars with it, all these euro countries are transitioning as fast as they possibly can

Illegal immigration, boomer NIMBYism and globalist political corruption .

>Then shut the fuck up and stop crying into your avocado toast.
I understand that an attitude other than "fuck you, got mine" might be foreign to 56%ers, but the civilised world (the part with white people) doesn't function that way.

What do you consider rich?

Market balance shifts but mostly they spend too much on their everyday life and MUST live in the city

They did good. My parents gave me an N64 and forgot about me while they bickered until their divorce. I fear my story is all too common. On the bright side, my (liberal) dad doesn't mind me living with him until the day of meritocracy comes around.

You may be right there, I tend not to follow the eurofags so much

Depends on where that home is and if you get property attached. Where I live, yeah, it's fucked because of property taxes (of the official and hidden variety) and insane waste+water fees. SALT getting punted is going to make it even more fucked. Good news for Vancouver, WA, I guess!

Easier said than done. Anytime you save up anything shit happens like medical expenses, car repair, and essential home maintenance.

Gee I wonder

Inflation is always more than interest you idiot

I can get everything I want within reason on bux anyway. I need guarantees that acquiring skills will lead to pay that scales with those skills. I'm perfectly fine waiting until the day of meritocracy.

The political and business elite no longer have any loyalty to la patria, hence why manufacturing has been exported to cheaper locales and tens of millions of scabs/immigrants have been let in to compete for the remaining jobs. It's almost like the elite is an (((international clique))).

Because they're stupid I hate millennials they're worthless losers who cry about not having any money and live at home with their parents. These are the people that cry about social justice making fun of gay people all that stupid shit that we did in the 80s for fun not hate just fun. I remember a time when we used to call people gay and that wasn't a hate crime fuck hate millennials there garbage