Sup Sup Forums, it's been a long ass time since I've been here and I'm about to become a father

Sup Sup Forums, it's been a long ass time since I've been here and I'm about to become a father.

I'm planning on showing Omae Umasou da na, Little Witch Acadamia, The Cat Returns, Unico and Wolf Children to my kid, but is it a good idea to raise a kid on Anime? I don't want them to make the same mistakes I did.

You'd probably be better off getting into kickboxing or stamp collecting or something, I dunno. Choose a productive hobby.

Unico is a good choice. I would have loved that movie as a kid

It's just movies, man. There's nothing wrong with watching some comfy anime films together as a family on a Sunday night.
Or at least, I'm hoping it isn't a slippery slope.

Show them Ghibli stuff and see if they like it. Then do the less mainstream stuff. I don't think raising a kid on anime is different from parents who raise children on other niche hobbies (sci-fi/fantasy mostly). Just don't force them to watch if they aren't interested. In the end it's more important to be a reliable, supportive parent than a cool nerdy one. But of course you know this already.

Thanks, man.
I wonder if there are any 80s-90s shows that are really good for kids that I can't remember.

Fucking kill yourself all of you cancer normalfags trash.

Go rape your daughter or something and fuck off.

>letting your children watch chinese cartoons

why don't you teach them something useful so they won't end up like you

If I give you a (You) will you feel better about yourself?

No.

Stop polluting this board with your normalfaggotry.

Stay away from autism inducing shows like Naruto and harem stuff. Old Toonami lineup is probably ok.

But why'd you post a picture of this bitch? Please don't tell me you're going to name your kid after her.

I'm still on-topic, you might feel a lot better if you browsed one of the anime generals on /r9k/.

>asking for recs
>blogging

Fuck off.

>Recs
Where?
>Blogging
Where?

>but is it a good idea to raise a kid on Anime?

How is this Sup Forums related?

Anyone else here going to name their daughter Lain?

>3DPD ever

Fuck off and kill yourself.

It invokes the general question discussing if Anime in general is a healthy medium to be subjugated to in general, there's a lot of potential discussion to this question between objectively good movies like Omae Umasou da na.

>Lain
shit name akane is better.

>It invokes the general question discussing if Anime in general is a healthy medium to be subjugated to in general,
It isn't

If I ever have kids, I'm going to give them all Tomino tier names.

>Lain
Bretty good

>Not adopting
Faggot.

I'm not the OP but I would argue that certain shows are, in fact, "healthy" to watch. Mostly Ghibli movies and older shows that don't have the kind of fanservice for manchildren that we know and love.

As long as a child is taught to distinguish reality from fiction, there's nothing wrong with introducing them to anime meant for their age. The only thing to keep in mind that cultural values are not analogous between the Japan and the West so telling everyone that your kid watches anime is not something to be proud of. If anything you might get the state called for perversion of a minor because normalfags are intolerant and uninformed. You have to be wary of the kid spreading it around, too. "Me and my parents watch anime every weekend!" might send some busybody off into a tizzy and you'll have a mess on your hands even though your kid has never seen a sex scene or ultraviolence.

Too big of a risk if they don't pick up on that tough lesson about reality, many adults never even pick it up.
It might be a better idea to just teach them to hate anime from the getgo to avoid a long term problem.

She did nothing wrong.

Blogshit goes on /soc/ and /adv/, now fuck off, cancer.

Show your kid Doremi, it's the best children's media to come out of japan.

Go back to your generals, you are the cancer.

>anyone who tells me to fuck off must like [other bad threads]
Again, fuck off.

I don't think you understand what a general is.

I have literally no idea how you'd get that impression. Generals fall under the heading of other bad threads. You're randomly deciding that I support other shit threads because I'm shitting on your shit thread. That's retarded.

Illya

>full frontal
Good god

Kids where raised on anime in the 80s in a few European countries.

For example things like Ranma 1/2, Grendizer, Captain Tsubasa, Creamy Mami, Nadia or even City Hunter were broadcasted for kids in France.

Make sure he doesn't find your hentai.
I found like 3 secs of a bath scene (The rest of it was taped over by some family videos) VHS, and it helped me b the man I am now.

Yes. Make him an anime master race.