Was there ever a series where the second half was actually better than the first half

was there ever a series where the second half was actually better than the first half

all seem to lose momentun halfway through, some manage to deliver a satisfying finale

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-kyū
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dumb phone poster.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood has a very strong second half while having a somewhat weak first half.

New Game

I would like to say samurai flamenco but I don't know if I morally can

Posting in an absolutely NONSENSICAL thread

Toradora

>samflam
>halves

it's a kaleidoscope

I didn't even enjoy it, in fact I hated
but I kept watching to the end

I think Gurren Lagann was better second half but that's just an opinion

arguably Gurren lagann

in my experience lots of animes uses this dramaturgy where the first half is just a long exposition building an underwhelming expectation only to start the much denser and faster second half with some twist. some of them fail but they are usally examples for a strong second half. well known examples are
steins;gate and madoka. psycho-pass is an example without using that attidude where the plot gets much better later on when the characters are established.

School Days

No way, aniki's death was the most intense part and won't be surpassed by gainax ever again

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-kyū

Psycho pass ending was pretty good, but they should have really turned it up to max with makishima's death and go full heart of darkness, I was led along by kogami's name dropping the whole time thinking they were making out a Marlowe/Kurtz situation between them but then half assed it at the end

Koro Sensei

Clannad if you consider AS the second half

It loses a lot of steam and only, though spectacularly so, picks up at the last episodes.

Every season of Slayers.

Strike witches

interesting, do they adadapt that structure consciously or is it just an indirect influence from their culture? i think especially movies go more for a somewhat fast beginning, followed eventually by a little slowed down pacing, which is generally more appealing for shorter media, especially for western people

I like how crazy the filler gets, like when gourry gets his inhibitions removed and destroys the whole party

well we westerners are used to Greek drama structures and seek them unconsciously

Greco.
Which is funny in its own way.

Victory

Fate/zero

Eva

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Nanoha, seasons one and two.

Yes.

Princess tutu

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Easy.

Pretty much every JoJo part

Utena, but it's more of a case of getting progressively better.

Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta. Didn't care about it until Hong Kong and beyond.

texhnolyze

this was the highlight of the show and the most artistic moment in anime history

Macross 7