How do you guys decide what to watch next?

How do you guys decide what to watch next?

Threads on Sup Forums? Or do you roll a dice?

By alphabet.

I ask myself "What do I want to watch next?". The answer to that question is what I watch next.

So I guess you never got to those shows that starts with "Z"

You asked about watching, not about downloading.

People download stuff only to put it off for later/not watch it at all?

I don't understand where that's coming from. Are you a streamer?

I know, it bugs me as well.

I find things that interests me, starting with basic fetishes and the type of girls I like. From there, it's all about researching, sampling anime/manga/source material, and lurking to check out if the fetishes or girls are relevant enough to my interests. Use boorus, mangaupdates, novelupdates, Sup Forums, anidb, google, and pixiv.

I look at the PVs and make a very good judgement call.

If the girls are cute, I'll watch.

No, when I download stuff I watch it immediately, then delete it. I assumed you downloaded but not watch right away from your post

mostly through Sup Forums
my first real list was built out of just being on the board for a few months, scrolling theads, and reverse image searching stuff that caught my eye

I only read simple synopsis, no research in fear of spoilers.
Watching anime blind is the best.

>when I download stuff I watch it immediately,
Why aren't you maintaining a collection?
If you have more than one anime on your HD you don't need to download something new when you find out that you don't like something.

I was sure that all downloaders were aware of this.

Based on how many pics of cute half-naked girls it has.

I usually pick 2-5 shows and watch 1-3 episodes per day each

I should try that, need to buy an external hard drive first.

I look at what is airing that season and then choose from there.

I either fall for some pic/wemb like the one u posted or just filter genres/tropes then just select a few and queued them, anyway is a hit or miss.

For example just yesterday i choose to watch kokoro connect, Yamada and the 7 witches and love lab, kind of obvious what tropes i was looking for, i ended up enjoying love lab the most and it makes me think that still after watching so many shit there are still shows that i can genuinely enjoy.

First I look at the male to female ratio. If more than 2/3 of the cast are girls then I'm good. Next see if the girls are attractive. If they are, then I'll give it an OK. I'll watch the first 3 episode then decide to watch the rest. In some cases I had to watch shows that have more male characters. This is more decided by how much my friends recommends it to me or just when I decided to watch it on a whim. Also I watch PVs before the season starts.

I watch about ten episode 1s of shows I haven't seen, then pick one, only to drop it about 5 episodes in, and start a new show because nothing can keep my interests anymore.

I first take a look at the show poster image to filter out obvious shit like fujoshit and haremshit. Then I read the synopsis and give it a try if it sounds interesting, which usually means 2 to 5 shows per season.

Then 2 or 3 weeks down the season I drop uninteresting shows I might have picked up, and depending on Sup Forums threads and reaction images pick up new shows I had previously ignored.

Before reading descriptions, I take into account three things: how many threads I notice being posted on Sup Forums about a particular show, how the anime looks in posters and screenshots, and how highly upvoted the discussion threads on reddit are. Then I skim the descriptions and choose a handful from there.

is it a writer/mangaka i like.
is it a studio i like.
does it have seiyuus i like.
does it have a character designer i like.

Oh, also a fourth thing: user counts and ratings on MAL. While MAL has shit taste (see Gintama), it does provide some frame of reference for choosing.

>respectable studio
>most popular (Sup Forums, myanimelist)
>personal taste

Memes. Always the memes decide.

I browse around on KissAnime until I find something that looks decent, and then look for a good torrent.

rollan

I go with what I feel like watching. Any time I follow a review or hype I'm always let down, so it's better for me to go only by genre and what appears to appeal to my taste.

im not watching this rolling again

Is it airing?
>Yes
I'll watch it.

I put numbers on the series I have in store and use random.org to decide what to watch next. In between, I put in some shows that aired while I was in Japan and was too much of a pussy to download stuff there

Whatever Sup Forums hates I'll watch.

Am I the only one that watches online here?
Don't like downloading stuff, used to get a lot of malwares and virus with that

then you just did it wrong

I occasionally stream, but I don't like it so I mostly download

I normally let the season roll for a few weeks, then see which shows are causing the biggest shitstorms here.

Yes, you're the only one. Now please make it so nobody here streams by killing yourself and fucking off.

Or just learn that downloading is better. You can't really get malware if you just download mkv/mp4/avi files.

If you ever got malware from downloading anime it was because you were a drooling retard

>Go to anichart
>Look for tags I want to see
>Or look at the art
>Read the sinopsis
>Click the green sign I if like it
There you go.

T-thanks.

Whatever I want to watch next.

I typically just watch something that catches my interest. The rest, I just wait and see if it gets traction on Sup Forums.

Different question: How many series/movies to you have in mind to watch eventually? I needed to make a list because I couldn't keep up and have more than 150 entries already, I think

I watch airing anime. I decide by reading descriptions, and if they sound somewhat interesting I'll watch it. I usually watch over 20 shows a season. I only watch older shows when I'm fully caught up with airing shows (which is never). At the moment I'm catching up with the shows from last season because I didn't have time to watch much for 2 months, and once I finish those I have about 25 shows I plan on starting from this season.

Sup Forums has shit taste so I would never listen to anything they say about any show.

I get like half of what a watch from Sup Forums. The others usually by reading a synopsis of what's airing this season or reviews of anime that have already aired.

Add a bunch of shit to my plan to watch, then use random.org. Got my teen romantic comedy just now desu.

>Sup Forums has shit taste so I would never listen to anything they say about any show.

I usually watch a clip on fb or something to see what the show is about and if it looks interesting enough I watch it.

I look at the genres first, read the synopsis and see if it's an adaptation. Then I exclude the ones that seem promotion for a VN/game I will never touch and the fujo bait. I also tend to ignore the generic ecchi shows. Then I try the first episodes of those still on the list and continue with the ones I liked.

>fb

I just look at the new season chart.

i have emergency stash for when i don't have immediate access to internet or it's too shit to download anything.

Look at random pics and if I see a likable character I check out where it's from. Then I download the first episode and see what the animation, voice acting and intro is like. If those are good I get the full season.

This

>How do you guys decide what to watch next?
>
>Threads on Sup Forums? Or do you roll a dice?
Read synopsis and form my own opinions.

Anything Sup Forums hates is usually pretty good.

Well, I enjoyed re:zero.

i hate all the anime you hate

heard that sequels tend to get more upvotes because those who haven't watched the first season tend to not watch (and rate) the following seasons, and those who have watched and liked the previous seasons tend to rate the following seasons highly.

Meanwhile some shows are prone to attracting haters who bother to give them low rates, so this should be accounted for as well.

Personally, if the premise makes me curious about reading a manga or watching an anime (to see how the manga/anime explores the premise), I'll try it. Sometimes I find myself interested in a manga or anime by reading spoilers that reference it, on TVTropes.

With a divination rod.

By writing down my utility function according to the tags and other features of each anime and then maximizing it.

This. When a new season starts I wait for 2-3 EPs to see what series attracts the most people creating OC.

KEK

Cover art on MAL.

My desire to fuck this anime child is unending

> Threads on Sup Forums? Or do you roll a dice?
Exactly this.

No point in hoarding pirated anime unless you assume that it will stop being available at some point. That's what I do at least, with a limited download space of 2 TB not helping at all.

Not really. I found some genuine good shows to watch based on some Sup Forums threads. I never would've touched shows like Aikatsu, Sabagebu, GuP, NNB, and even old school stuff like UY if it weren't for Sup Forums.

The idea isn't mutually exclusive. A show Sup Forums likes can be good but a show Sup Forums hates is usually pretty good

>it will stop being available at some point
Inauguration is five days away. Good luck getting older series once the bandwidth restrictions go back into effect.

If I see a new waifu posted on Sup Forums that I fancy, I go and check out the source material.

That's not what "waifu" means.

Seems like an odd question. When the new anime season comes out, I download the first episode of every new show (thank you, Tokyo Toshokan), then audit each of them. If I like what I see, I put the episode in a "To Watch" folder, and if I don't like it, I put it in a "Watched" folder. Then I keep downloading episodes of the shows I like as soon as they come out.

I have to say I'm a little worried about the 1st quarter 2017 season, though. There's nothing in my "To Watch" folder yet, and I've audited about a third of the new shows.

>How do you guys decide what to watch next?
I pick the most cute one from the backlog.
If there're no cute series left in the backlog, then I pick a new cute one from the current season.
If there're no cute ones in the current season, then I choose a random one from the backlog.

If I have a lot of anime downloaded that I don't know a lot about, then I will generally open up a random episode and skip around through it. It's possible to get an idea of what kind of show it will be, in terms of
>genre
>tone of storytelling
>gender, attractiveness and speaking styles of characters
>what's going on in the scenes I randomly skip to: action, serious talking, chatting, laughing, etc.

If it fits my mood at the time, I'll try it out. Sometimes, I have been surprised, but usually disappointed.

>I find things that interests me, starting with basic fetishes and the type of girls I like.
>starting with basic fetishes and the type of girls I like
>I watch anime because of my fetishes

You are what is killing the anime industry.

>tips fedora
>>>/reddit/

makes you think how the vast majority of us are just manchildren trying to avoid admitting something's good by hating it publicly but loving it in solitude, huh?

When I'm looking for something I don't know what to watch. When I'm watching something there is a million things I want to watch.

What are you even saying?

>No point in hoarding pirated anime unless you assume that it will stop being available at some point.
Again, you don't need to wait for a download to finish for something you already have.
You are also safe from any internet outages. I had one of those lasting an entire month just last year, and if I didn't have a collection, I couldn't have watched anything.