Postmodernist architecture hate thread

Is postmodernist architecture a Jewish plot?

Pic related is a concert hall in Iceland that cost the taxpayer €164 million. For several years during the recession this was the only construction project in Iceland. That's how important people thought this was.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pVHvWUKj1eU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand_Goldberg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At least they didn't put that one next to a 300 year old building.

it looks fine. if this is all you have to bitch about then be thankful faggot

Good god that's disgusting.

i like it whats your point, retard?
wanna live in mudhuds forever?

Postmodernism itself is a jewish plot. Most artists and architects are educated in that vein. Most of them are useful idiots.

This is a central difference between christian and jewish philosophy, with the former believing in logos: the idea that there is a natural truth, no matter how elusive and the latter rejecting logos, instead presupposing that everything is inherently subjective.

Postmodernism is just one of the ways that the truthrejecting view competes.

Looks ok. It's not ruining an older neighborhood and it's not brutalist trash that will look ugly, dirty and depressing after a few years.

The motives aren't hard to discern either.

Although OP is far from the worst offender.

If you want to know slightly more watch "why beauty matters" by scruton.

Available on heutube.

No, if you hate postmodernist then your neanderthal mind can't even compete with nowadays standards, there's no jewish plot, sven.

looks good

You seriously think this big ugly block is worth 164 million euros of taxpayer money?

Here's the inside

>doesn't understand postmodernist art
>doesn't know what comes after postmodernist art

>Why Beauty Matters
this toothpaste knows
scruton is top tier

youtube.com/watch?v=pVHvWUKj1eU

I almost threw up

yes clearly those are the only 2 options you fucking low IQ shill

If you can see beauty still, and seeing it scraped, shaved and broken makes your heart sick, then the west isn't dead yet.

Bleakness, nihilism and overarching irony are the millstone around the neck of grace. Passion and yearning are still valid, despite what the chorus of small-souled crabs might try to squeal.

How much do you not say about the movements of your heart, for fear of ridicule?

Thanks. Going back to his discussions and debates with hitchens and other atheists is weird. Each time I was convinced one side was right but not the same person on both viewings.

please be fake. Why do this

Does Hof count? I prefer it to harpan.

Where is this?

it is a huge waste of money, but it doesn't look that bad

9 out of 10 times it's the result of it being destroyed in the war, and they needed to quickly and cheaply rebuild something in that place, in the 1950s.

It probably wasn't even meant to look attractive.

(((Modernism))) is great goy it’s 2017 get with the time!

Rotterdam Centraal, one of the many ugly train stations in the Netherlands, takes forever to move through as well

>How much do you not say about the movements of your heart, for fear of ridicule?

This hits me where it hurts. Quite a lot.

Looks good. I have no problem with good looking post mod buildings that suit the environment in which it's built.

I guess Hof is more modern than post modern? I'm pretty bad at distinguishing architecture.

This one doesn't even look bad. 8/10 would attend that concert.

Progress. Irony. The "Me" of the generation. Art is a gift, and it's not given to everyone in equal measure. If you lack grace and love, if you cannot speak save through your mouth, then what use have you for reminders of your own lack?

Tear, bite, rip, crush, tell everyone how backward and old fashioned they are. Life is hard, cold, and cruel, without beauty or light, at least the life you have lived. Graceful lines and kind angles are the relics of an age that you know you will never touch. So eat them, taste nothing, and sculpt the brutal lines of an icy, ironic heart and force the world to stand in horror they mistake for awe.

The same men who virtue signal on facebook are deciding what your architectural identity will be. The same squealing, bland "individuality" for slightly different reasons. It means nothing, but I'm so deeply sorry.

Agreed, costs way too much, but it feels actually comfy.

Harpan looks good to me. A break from all the concrete boxes.

Does it matter? Pick a place on a map, you'll see it.

I actually like it, just like the rest of Rotterdam.

Every Dutch city looks the same, but Rotterdam feels so different. Did you know it was already being planned out during the German occupation, by the resistance?

Guess who designed that shit?

It was meant to look unattractive. Jews won that war.

There are worse buildings in the Netherlands.

that is london isn't it? there is a bar on that top platform where people jump of and an hero

Harpa is fucking perfect for the location and is a e s t h e t i c AF at night.

It's also much more classically Modernist than Postmodern. Remember that Mussolini and Franco both loved Modernist architecture and that it's the physical manifestation of the political/social climate that put white men on the moon using barely more than slide rules.

Now, true Postmodernism is the REAL scourge, and is the Jewish architecture of Kalergiist demographic replacement.

Looks pretty cool as long as it actually gets used. 164 million is small potatoes

The windows are a color display at night. Computing engineers played pong on it for an event.

are you me dutchbro?
I should go back and rewatch them. I was a committed atheist most of my life.
>Remember that Mussolini and Franco both loved Modernist architecture
big difference between stripped classicism and the italian modernists and what we have today

Seriously. Brutalism is one of the most ugly things in existance

>Every Dutch city looks the same

No it doesn't, you filthy kraut

That you can still hurt, the sick soul-hurt of real love and pain, means your alive still. Just speak, in whispers, here and there. Talk with us, faceless and shapeless, about the soft movement of the heart. Even Alexander wept at the shores of the sea, there's no fault in feeling. Each to its measure, though.

Men, we are build to think much and say little. So much bubbles and boils below, with only a little hissing steam of passion rising out of the lid of our hearts. So much unsaid, kept aside...so we speak with hands, and with tools. We cut and kill and carve and paint, we express those odd, unspeakable things other ways. Some great, some small, but always beautiful for the effort.

Art can take many forms, but it comes from silence and beauty, like islands being formed of water and molten rock. Too many cry and squeal, lead by too many soft, mewling souless, too many broken, bent women. Art is like wine, it takes time to ferment...and all too much we're drained empty too easily.

That actually looks good, like inside the box in hellraiser. Where is that located.

look into the Frankfurt school
it's to chisel away at the foundations of western civilisation and crush the human spirit to the point we will accept marxism

>Ondertussen, drie meter daar vandaan

Is that Amersfoort? Or is it Leeuwarden? Maybe Zwolle? Who knows!

there might be economics behind the decision in that pic. buy the land, knock it down, build more flats and sell for a greater profit than you would by converting the old building. i have no problem with that on inconsequential buildings. that is a different thing than making every town uniformly bland

P.S. Austrians aren't krauts. We're the Schnitzl-country.

>literally a ( tipped on its side

Tht's not PoMo architecture.

>i don't like this architectural style
>therefore it is a subversive communo-jewish plot to destroy western civilisation
You people are fucking retarded.

Keep posting pictures though.

Harpa was just some Icelandic cousinfucker trying to copy Rem Koolhaas. Koolhaas himself all but admits to being a direct philosophical descendant of Mies, which makes his "rethink function and design form to follow it" approach a literal descendant of the Modernist ideologies so championed by the Facists. Ditto for the Brutalists and the Structural Expressionists.

t. Archifag who spent a ton of time studying this stuff.

>1 post by this ID
eat a bucket of aids, faggot

I read a review of his work once that he's only good at designing holocaust memorials.

I generally agree, but the issue has quickly become if you let go an inch, suddenly you're falling off a cliff. You let this happen, why not this. "It's just some old flats" becomes "it's just an old office building" becomes "that church has been empty for years". We sold our soul in slips and slivers to people who didn't value it as we did, and now suddenly everything everywhere is starting to look so simple and grey.

I'm likely being overly sentimental, but i would like other cites and towns not to look like they could be transplanted anywhere else, and not be out of place. Sadly, it seems to start with the small concessions first, and we're just reaping the harvest of them now.

T H E CI T Y O F G L A S S

>P.S. Austrians aren't krauts. We're the Schnitzl-country
Sorry, you all look and act the same.

>everyone who disagrees with me is paid to do so
I wish.

>I'm likely being overly sentimental
You are being ridiculously sentimental and your purple prose is cringe-inducing.

Read more and write less.

Looks positively Soviet with a bit of Japanese Metabolist sprinkled in. I love it!

Must be a functional/maintenance nightmare though.

Ur 3 posts really makes u special ?

I don't disagree with the lineage or philosophy user
but the materials and proportions of styles like greco deco were far more in the ethos of fascism than anything contemporary

Yes, his first commission was a holocust museum. Before that he was in (((academia))).

Only amersfoort has the onze lieve vrouwen toren, schnitzelkraut.

Also, postmodern almere.

Looks like a Goldberg building.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand_Goldberg

Funny. That's what we think of Germans and Dutch, over here.

I’ve seen the lighting displays at night. The building you speak of makes me think of pic related.

If Americans are burgers, Indians are poos, etc, what does this board call Icelanders?

Forgot pic

you passive aggressive cutesy newfaggots need to gtfo

>i would like other cites and towns not to look like they could be transplanted anywhere else, and not be out of place

What, you don't like (((international)) style buildings that are identical everywhere?

Literally every Dutch city has a tower.

Wether it's the Dom in Utrecht, the Martinitower in Groningen or Sint Bonifatius in Leeuwarden. They all look the same, too.

>I'm likely being overly sentimental, but i would like other cites and towns not to look like they could be transplanted anywhere else, and not be out of place

You are not. Your whole post is accurate.

It's also not like it's impossible to have beauty for developed and modern cities.

>passive aggressive
You don't know what those words mean you fuckboy.

The only thing new here is you. Fuck off back to plebbit. This isn't an echo chamber and if you act like a fucking retard you will get called out on it. And we do it for f r e e.

Slap bang in the middle of an intact medieval zone...

Good example of the ridicule mentioned in:

>How much do you not say about the movements of your heart, for fear of ridicule?

Nothing is too beautiful for eve online fan fest

Is this what shitposting has become? Is there really no more love for true and authentic shitposting out there? It's really become "lol ur wrong xD" as a form of trolling? Psshh. I remember back in my early days on the chans I would whip up a throwaway tripcode and start avatarfagging on levels faggots like you can only dream. I had gigabytes of various reaction images from generic weeb anime #2849 to trigger fans of generic weeb anime #2848 into oblivion. And this was for a random Tuesday. Nothing even special. Yet here you are snickering to yourself in a dark room, wiping away tears from your eyes, thinking you're the hottest shit that's totally untouchable, but what's this? You just wiped spicy cheeto dust in your eyes. That's the 7th time this week. I'm over here. Evolved. Shitposting from my phone, doxxing myself so fags like you can waddle their fat ass on my property for me to legally murder. "oh no an intruder" *shotguns*. And that's pretty much the whole point of this. You're a fucking loser and an awful troll. I've been trolling on bitches like you since I was 12. And here you are. Probably 30+. Kissless virgin. Getting angry at people on the Internet. I pity you.

>They all look the same, too.

To a kraut maybe.

Is that a giant butt plug?