Why Little Witch Academia is loved more than the other Witches anime ?

Why Little Witch Academia is loved more than the other Witches anime ?

The director.
The hand painted backgrounds.
A bunch of other shit.

Literally anime harry potter

Everything is handmade.

Harry potter the anime without all the trappings of anime such as shittyly inserted fanservice, set in Japan, shitty generic backgrounds.

Not Flying Witch it isn't.

Because it's actually good.

Is this actually good or just a meme? Never seen it.

Good not a meme.

It's both.

The movies are solid good fun. Tough to say about the show, could be the best iteration.

I find the anime somewhat cheap at first glance (well except for the backgrounds), but upon closer inspection it's actually quite clever and neat. I'm not sure the plot and the overall story will be interesting. I thought in the OVAs that the premise itself was good, the characters also okay, but they could have done hundreds of more interesting things that what the plot involved. But I guess it'll be alright at least.

The OVA1 was overbudget. Thats why its the animation is so good.

Studio Trigger have created quite a reputation for themselves, so a lot of people will watch their shows simply because they know it'll have a certain quality standard that very few anime these days have. Kind of like with Kyoani.

Yeah, I didn't look it up but it was pretty obvious. Of course OVA can have more eye-candies, but if we want to be fair LWA TV looks pretty impressive overall as well. At least this far.

It's pretty good and Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu was nine years ago.

Source?

OVA2 animation is hit & miss though.

Pretty understandable since its a kickstarter.

I'd think about that twice. They don't have that kind of reputation advantage over other studios (outside Sup Forums or the West in general) . Or did you mean it on board?

>OVA2 animation is hit & miss though.
Got any examples to back that up?

Not really, the animation was great.

Lots of missing frame animation especially on the parade scene.

From someone who hasn't seen it, it's got a very cute, warm feel to it and not an otaku son of a bitch feel.
Makes me think that actual little girls would love it.

>frame animation
What do you even mean by that?

I don't know how it is in Japan but in the West only a minority of anime fan think highly of Trigger. Some are quite critical and normalfags and casuals don't know any studio that isn't Madhouse, Bones or Gainax.

Kids can probably like it. It's cute, fun and has a lot of action.

I really want to watch this, should I watch the movies first or just jump in to the anime?

Most of the animation in LWA ova2 is feel choppy

What are you talking about? Trigger is one of the most well known, liked and popular studios there is in western anime fandom.

Watch all the movies.

they all combined 1 & half hour

So fewer inbetweens?

The OVA is what started all of this so do yourself a favour and watch it.

Post examples?

Execution > premise.

Surefire way to spot a crossboarder who doesn't watch anime:
Critique of LWA based in animation.

Because it's more a western cartoon than an anime, people can watch it without experiencing culture shock. LWA is more similar to My Little Pony than to any anime, give them a watch if you don't trust me.

Shit taste.

ok, I'll watch them
thanks

Is MLP the only kids show you know or something because I don't really see any similarities besides the target audience.

go watch Tweeny Witches peasants

It's good but it's not LWA good.

Thanks for the rec, any other good witch shows that aren't magical girls? I feel like they are pretty rare.

there's Witch Hunter Robin but it's not this style of witches, but it is cool.

new episode when?

When she steals your heart.

Maybe we just have different samples, but I think that while KlK is famous, the name Trigger itself isn't that famous.
Btw, the casuals who make for most of the audience, don't look at the staff beforehand. They will watch LWA because it's on Netflix and because anime fans hype it, then look at the staff roll and think "Oh it's the same studio that did KlK".

The only studio that can really make a popular success on name alone is Ghibli.

Mahou Tsukai Tai. The OVA is really great, even better than Kiki imo.

If we are talking about actual anime fans people who watch anime week to week. Then Trigger is definitely one of the most well known studios.

I didn't really care for that show, but it had a good soundtrack.

little witch academia > strike witches
but why?

not him but I didn't care for modern western cartoons but the backlash against it had a sort of Streisand effect on me you know.

Because it's catering to kids like me.

What?

>Its adorable
>Animation was gorgeous
>Charming story

And my kids loved it too

>little witch academia > strike witches
But that's wrong.
The first TV series at least is better than LWA.

Because LWA selling point isn't cheap tacky fans service.

>never seen LWA
>haven't heard of Trigger or Yoshinori

What's with the cancer in LWA threads. For Fuck's sake this was like two years ago. HOW DO YOU NOT REMEMBER TWO YEARS AGO?

there was so much hate against it and people losing their shit anytime anyone posted pictures of it that it made me super curious about the thing people on Sup Forums were throwing tantrums over.

people raging against it made me want to watch it.

MLP or LWA or both?

after the first episode I actually stopped noticing the no pants thing.

MLP obviously, no one really raged on LWA

more LWA manga when :(

He's not only talking about the no pants thing.

Sunny/Sally the Witch, Flying Witch, obligatory Kiki.

How were Witch Craft Works and Yamada & the Seven Witches?

Because Izetta was so shit that even a dog turd is better in comparison.

fuck off lelouch

More Constanze

Only two of those posters are stating that they haven't watched LWA.
And nobody said they didn't know about Yoshinari or Trigger.

In other words, shut up shitposter-kun.

Who cares about the opinion of lelouch anyway?

Why do you question a wonkily worded sentence only now when the OP's post is what it is...

Witch Craft Works I enjoyed a lot, Yamada isn't really "witchy" although I liked it also although I've only read the manga. The "witches" in yamada are just people who's kiss has certain powers.

>I don't know how it is in Japan but in the West only a minority of anime fan think highly of Trigger. Some are quite critical and normalfags and casuals don't know any studio that isn't Madhouse, Bones or Gainax.
That's hardly true, the sort of people who'll post on Kotaku calling something like Keijo "wretched" are exactly the sort of people who'll perform the mental gymnastics to conclude that KLK's fanservice is perfectly acceptable because the show is apparently a parody and mocking fanservice

The Witch Craft Works anime was weird and boring but it had cute kemonomimi witches.
I've only read the first 2 volumes of Yamada but there wasn't any witch in it, it was rom-com crap with body-swapping.

Thanks dudes.

Two newfriends is too many, faggot.

Did you just assume their gender??

THANKS DUDES AND/OR DUDETTES

I'd love to know how you, adult hairy men in your 20s, watch this anime for young children while unironically enjoying it. Aren't you ashamed?

yes

There are difference of All ages & for kids, user.

Compare Telletubies & Disney princess movies

Witch anime set in Anglo land is my shit

I'm not hairy

I get off to the thought of being swallowed whole by a lamia, this is the least of things to be ashamed of for me.

I am very ashamed but I will not stop.

Or something like the Iron Giant, any ghibli movie...

>Aren't you ashamed?
yeah but of other things

I believe it's got the right mix of modern vs traditional , and also masculine and feminine writing. Some of the other witch shows mentioned in the thread tend to be extremely old-fashioned, down to earth, and feminine. Which isn't bad or anything, it's just a very different type of appeal.

>masculine and feminine writing.
I dont even know what the hell it is

You say this like we're voyeuristically watching young children while stroking our dicks

Don't be so quick to assume none of us are.

Superior LWA cake

I want to see a cake done by the lady that did that retarded looking elsa cake

>that retarded looking elsa cake
I am unaware of the confection which you speak of.

You mean you're not?

not while I'm watching LWA

No, this is.

Watching it gives me satisfaction and no one will ever know about it so why'd I feel bad

>Akko turned into a christmas cake

Great foreshadowing, Trigger.

>tumblr gif
>lucy
you're lucky no one will ever know

Pretty much the perfect response

You quoted two of my comments whereas I never said anything about not having watched LWA. I only noted I haven't looked up if the first OVA's production value was overbudget or not. You need to take your chill pills.

>You need to take your chill pills.
my "chill pills" gave me priapism, I'm done with those things.

how do I draw like Yoshinari?

Getting yourself one of his artbooks would help