Hand Holders

How can people hate this show it's glorious not even memeing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAuXBW9aYA
blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/01/13/anime-craft-weekly-26-please-gohands-and-never-come-back/
youtube.com/watch?v=iw4Qbxo7HN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well, indeed, it's... glorious... in some way...

that makes me motion sick

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say the 2D art is consistently better than other shit this season like Youjo Senki and Konosuba. even if it falls apart in motion and constantly clashes with the BG.

I think Hand Holders just catches people off guard with its uncanny quality. It's their mistake watching it like an anime instead of a dream.

It may not be good by any conventional metric, but you can't even judge this show based on conventional metrics. It transcends the good/bad dichotomy.

tl;dr it's kino. GoHands outgoes themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAuXBW9aYA

average hs hater.

it's an abomination

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/01/13/anime-craft-weekly-26-please-gohands-and-never-come-back/

This show looks so fucking disgusting I'd feel more comfortable reading guro manga.

Shit like youjo senki sickens people in the annoying sense. Parkinsons makes people physically sick. I'd say that's enough of a metric.

It also has one of the best plots this season so far. The premise is intriguing at least. Pure sci-fi with alluring scent of mystery.

Yet no one can articulate exactly why they hate it aside from negative gut reactions.

Good read but I'm not convinced.

>People think this looks bad (from the PV)
Nigga I would hang half these frames in my home.

I find Youjo Senki unflattering to human anatomy and art in general. Hand Holders' designs at least aren't affronts to Creation.

>It also has one of the best plots this season so far.
Disagree however this:
>The premise is intriguing at least.
I do agree with.

So it's not a meme? People actually like this show? The awkward angles and poorly used panning camera in it makes me want to puke

I know right it's like concentrated casual repellent.

This show is seasonal hidden gem. Stick with it and it will amaze you.

Pleb filter of the season

No, it's just a bunch of reverse trolls trying to trick people into watching this shit.

Wrong.

I don't think it's necessarily "good" but people's hatred is better directed at Youjo Senki and LWA.

There is no need to force your shit taste here if you have one. You can always go watch some haremshit or isekai novel adaptation if you don't like this original.

i literally pucked after 5 min

>i literally picked up after 5 min.

FTFY

Just like Flip Flappers

The artstyle is unorthodox, but I'll need to actually see it in a few more scenes before I really make a judgement call on it. What I can say right out the gate though is that there's nothing worse than making your character's fucking WEAPONS cg. The nimrods look terrible, and their animations are going to look terrible. The simple concept of these big, bulky weapons that float around your characters, instead of moving as a part of them, is going to make for some pretty shitty fight scenes.
It's delightfully lewd and an original anime to-boot though, so I'm obligated to at least give it 3 episodes to explain itself.

Also, if anyone actually gets motion sickness from fucking fish-eye, please tell your gynecologist at your next checkup.

>AOTY they said

I could even stand the animation, which is even quite good sometimes, but I can't stand those fucking filters.
What the fuck is their purpose? Why is one side green, while other is purple?

T-thanks, doc.

Your "2D" waifu is 3D anyways, so I don't see what's the big deal.

the soundtrack is actually pretty good

Honestly, it's so bad I'm definitely watching until the end, just to see how bad the CG gets and how retarded the story goes.

>As I mentioned while talking about SHAFT’s history, it’s extremely important for studios to stand out;

Well, they sure stand out with their filters.

This anime is spectacular
If you are not watching this you're missing a once in a lifetime experience

Why you don't ask director if you are really interested?

Half of the people working at the studio are colorblind including the director.

i picked this shit up, doesn't change the fact i pucked and almost got a seizure , not to mention my current nausea

Literally zero reasons to drop this, except some epileptic faggots' complain.

One of my favourite types of plot/genres are that "couple that possesses magical powers and fights together" kind of shit, especially if there are ownership undertones(like one person being refereed to as the weapon while the other is the wielder), but the style is freaking me out.
Will it get better? Or is this the hip new thing, like making everything half drawn, half poor quality 3d animation(berserk)?

I'll keep up with this in hopes that the mc pulls a Shuu and becomes anime hitler

You know you fucked up when you have to worry about pop ins with your animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=iw4Qbxo7HN0

What were they even thinking? The show looks awful. Where is their quality control?

So much people were baited on Flip Flappers fake hype, and still thinking it was good, but can't see catchy and promising cg anime right before their eyes. What happened /a ?

Suddenly the animation quality of this show makes sense.

Also doesn't change the fact you misspelled "puke."

My nigga.

This is like anti-Berserk 2016 user.

that looks terrible

I know the word cancer and autism gets thrown around a lot but this show is some real fucking cancer. It looks like it was created by some 12 year old girl with autism or someone gave gaiaonline a series.

What's your AOTS so far user.

Chaos;Child

Ty I'll check it out.

Elemental Gelade is probably where I got most of my bdsm fetish from desu.
I need to go back and finish that.

and i did it twice , should i add it to my ESL dictionary ?

Puke should already be in there.
I know that LADIES have problems with computers, but come on.

Best show of the season hands down.

>hands down.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy.

>hands down
Gratz, asshole. You killed your waifu.

>relating Esl grammatical errors with devices

way to go Sup Forumsnon, Never change Sup Forumsnon, we like you retarded as you are

How do you even get BDSM fetish from that show? The main couple relationship is nothing like that.

please no

It's more about the dynamic of what was happening than the actual way they felt about each other. Also, I'm pretty sure all of the badguys had that kind of thing going on.
Also, pic related.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me but I liked it. The president is the most fuckable titty monster in existence. The pacing of the plot was actually really fucking nice. I like the MC and other characters. Art feels like an experimental version of Kizumonogatari.

I dunno. Just one of those shows you either like or don't like I guess.

>Art feels like an experimental version of Kizumonogatari.
This guy gets it.
>Just one of those shows you either like or don't like I guess.
Even so, the hatred levied towards it is undue, especially when there are far more popular things this season that are far less interesting.

Hand Holders is the kind of gorgeous clusterfuck that could never happen intentionally and that's why it's interesting.

Most of what you're talking about has nothing to do with what everybody is making a fuss over, though. I think it's more about if you can tolerate it rather than if you like it.

Also l-lewd

Not as lewd as THIS.

My only problem is that it give me motion sickness. I love crap like this: super edgy, random religious words... but the motion sickness...

Yeah also I was surprised by the fact that they got some notable voice actors in this show. I completely expected them to only get no-name rookies.

Nimrod and Ziggurat is random religious words now? kek

T-thanks, doc.

"Revelation" and "Babel" are, though "revelation" doesn't just have a religious meaning.

The plot is weak. Random highschool boy gets supernatural gimmick? Random religious words throwing? MC beta faggot becomes powerful just because?
How many times are they willing to do that?

The art might not be bad, but the colors, camera angles, motion, it's all just horrible.

Dropped.

>random religious words

samefagging this hard?

Spoiler that shit
Jesus

>episode 1
>the plot is weak

>During seconds 2-3 guy straight up just disappears from the bottom left corner.

That wasn't even the camera panning off of him. Between frames he vanishes instantly.

>He's going to have to shower and dress her because she'll literally die without the lewdness of hand-on-hand contact and she's too catatonic to do it herself.
How could they put this on TV?!

At least is not isekaishit, harem or SoL, that alone makes it better than 80% of the stuff out there.

It's not an adaptation either.

>this anime is shit
>but everything else manages to be even shittier
What a horrible year to alive.

But can you call it original?

>I have to hold my waifus hand or she dies.
Possibly. We'll have to see how it plays out.
The concept for flip flappers seemed pretty generic, but this was hardly the case.

Sorry but it just doesn't look good. It's actually unwatchably bad once they start moving. I'm sure there's better way to use the technology. I don't know why people decided it's cool to like this show, hopefully they are just meming.

>But can you call it original?
>Possibly.

Double Arts.

Not based in existing source material, so yes. Original has nothing to do with with the actual content.

>It's actually unwatchably bad once they start moving.
That's why no one is complementing this show's animation ding dong, only its art.

Yaoi on Ice's rotoscoping managed to look equally bad AND be horrifically boring to watch but there was hardly this much untempered hatred towards it.

I kinda like the way that the president's bust went out of control, after she got her mp3 player back.
WHO THE FUCK HAS AN MP3 PLAYER ANYMORE?

I sometimes carries one so my cellphone battery doesn't run out.

>people's hatred is better directed at Youjo Senki and LWA

I can understand hate towards Youjo Senki, but why LWA? I thought the first episode was pretty good, and its not like people didn't know exactly what they were getting before it started.

I have a problem wherein I expect a show unto which so much lovelabor was directed at the design and worldbuilding to have the storytelling to match.

A deux ex academia in the very first episode doesn't bode well for this show's writing, because it's a misjudgement of why magic works as a storytelling mechanic (making reality and human interaction more interesting rather than a conduit for asspulls).

None of the characters are particularly likeable or memorable so far either. It's all around a shallow, escapist production but I guess fun things are fun etc. My problem is that LWA pretends to have a story wherein the characters can be put in danger and shit when it's really just SoL with magic as artificial flavoring. There are no meaningful stakes once deux ex has been introduced.

Basically pic related.

That said the shorts always seemed puerile and manufactured to me as well so maybe it's just not my thing.

People only dislike Hand Shakers because they don't understand its message.

Can you enlighten us? (I'm a fan btw.)

Isn't this the same studio who did K-project? What the fuck happened?

Hand Shakers has a lot of fruedian imagery and commentary on the medium as a whole.

I mean I got the psychosexual motifs and shit but I'm looking for specifics.

They got better obv.

>The goldfish represents that the bitch is in fact a cold fish in bed.

Obviously the vagina foot was a reference to break's opedious complex. Similarly, koyori is closely related to masarus sister. Hand holding is sexual in nature and thats what connects them. Its very obvious.

The goldfish is part of the deeper subtextual plot. You can tell by the color design.

>Oedipus complex
Do you mean Electra?

And yeah these are probably the main reasons I enjoy this show. More Freudian motifs could've made Re:Zero actually memorable.

I dropped it on the first episode and now I'm just gonna go in threads for funny webms like I did with Berserk.
What's the deal with that weird-ass filter? It makes everything too colorful.

Yes of course electra.

Red koi fish is obviously a symbol of luck and good fortune.

You could carry a power bank instead.

What do the chains mean?