MC is at his lowest point full of self-loathing

>MC is at his lowest point full of self-loathing
>Rem remains calm and clear-headed
>brings him out of his despair accepting him for who he is despite thinking he's not worthy of her
>doesn't resent and plan to cheat on him, like a real woman would, for being human and showing vulnerability
>says that they will shoulder each others burden but it's worth it because they have each other
>dat cinematography and song

Really not that hard to understand why many people consider Rem best girl.

Pretty much. It goes to show that only men understand romance.

Still haven't gotten over ep 18.

Rem is shit. speaking of which, why do all of her pictures try so hard to make her seem like some kind of angel?

One pf the few scenes I've revisited. It really goes to show the gap between 2D and 3DPD.

>cinematography

Melodramatic and manipulative episode.

That's exactly why some people don't like her. She's affirming his present self whereas Subaru himself isn't satisfied with who he is.

Nope she really doesn't. Why do you think she rejected his offer to run away? Because she doesn't want the loser Subaru. While everyone else told him that his actions were useless and pointless, Rem was the only one who believed that he can do better.

>She's affirming his present self whereas Subaru himself isn't satisfied with who he is.

Watch it again. She scolds him being trapped in own pessimistic perspective and not realizing the positive things others see in him.

she rejected him becuase he was gonna abandon the entire village and emilia to die

i dont know how to censor spoilers ;d

She didn't know that they were gonna die you dumbass. She only knew that he had a fight with Emilia.

Forced waifubait. Also daily reminder Subaru would always pick Emilia over her under any situation.

She had no idea though. Only that there was something that made Subaru suffer heavily.

>animeonlyfag

(You)

he had to SAVE her

"I love Emilia, help me save her"

Emilia > Ram > Rem

She's the only one who doesn't affirm his present self. Did you even watch the episode?

People apparently get jealous when you explain why many find Rem appealing, so they shitpost.

Life is hard if you're dumb and have shit taste but I don't see how shitposting can help them with that.

Yeah I feel bad for remfags too, but what can ya do?

I mean why are you even in this thread if you don't like her? Go watch a show you enjoy instead of being jealous and shitpost here

Someone sounds upset that their shitty opinions are being challenged! Teehee!

You know that the more you talk about her, the more popular she gets and the bigger her fanbase becomes?

Jesus christ you are a fucking autist. Continue liking loli waifu bait you fucking pedo/

>17
>loli

Rem is a crutch, and an unrealistic character. She's someone who wouldn't judge him for being weak and ugly and human yet would also encourage him to be his best and try to make him happy with himself. She's all or nothing which makes her a pretty bad character, someone who can go from wanting to kill someone because he smells like Satan to loving them because they make a sacrifice for her.

The whole Rem falling in love with Subaru is silly in the first place because she thought she was worthless yet Ram and even Emilia would have staken their lives for her sake and she already knew that.

Also she's just plain ugly and annoying compared to Emilia, and this is coming from Subaru's honest opinions. Only reason Subaru becomes obsessed with her is because his autism makes him want every loop to go exactly the way he wants and the fact that Rem was fucked in the third loop makes him sperg out.

Emilia is superior in every way. She relies on Subaru as a lover would, not like a mother ala Rem. She can be selfish but her principles don't allow her to tolerate injustice, and she will even do so at the cost of her own preservation. She's not a mind reader and she's not someone who exists solely to ease Subaru's burden, in fact she's the reason he has so much to bear in the first place, and that is a big part of what makes their bond so much more meaningful than Rem's could ever be. Emilia is everything that is truly good for a man, while Rem is like a harmful drug which ruins your life.

This isn't even a waifuwar where there are compelling reasons to pick any of the girls and they're all roughly equally popular. This is where there's a clear and decisive winner, probably the most clear and decisive winner i've seen in a decade when it comes to this kind of thing, and the author hamfistedly kills it because he had picked the winner from the start instead of letting the writing develop it. I don't think any other writer has so blatantly declared "this girl is going to win no matter how the story develops or how obviously better this other char is and there's nothing you can do about it" but that's what Tappei did.

Rem got me into shipping. Never thought I'd see the day that would happen.

Truly best girl

Rem a best, a best!

>And then he went home to tell his wife all about it, just before they had crazy sex and he came in her unprotected womb.

>someone who can go from wanting to kill someone because he smells like Satan to loving them because they make a sacrifice for her.
I thought it was pretty clear what happened with Rem.

She idolizes Subaru as her hero because he saved her from a life of being a constant apology and replacement for her sister.

user, Emilia is fucking useless. She made the Archbishop of Greed (a purityfag btw) even more fucking dangerous cause she's so pure. The man was going to kill every wife he had that knew of sex.
Her banter with Subaru is bland, other characters like Rem and Echidna are so much more entertaining and endearing. Emilia is mentally immature for her body (mentally she's 13 years old). Also she is incredibly selfish, the whole reason shes running in the election is to get her village unfrozen.
The very fact that Subaru dies for her so much is the reason why I and many others hate her. It's like the story with the red and blue oni. Emilia is the red oni and Subaru is the blue oni, the red oni gets the good shit while the blue one is basically fucked over.

Definitely. If I remember correctly that entire episode was just the two of them standing on that roof talking. Yet it went by so quickly and was quite emotional. So good.

She has no actually personality of her own, and her backstory is fucking generic shit. There's literally no reason to care about any character in this show.