Never forget

the anime that destroyed the modern industry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIfO1nUFNlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How so?

The Love Hina cycle is beautiful and horrific at the same time

best harem to date

very underrated. one of the best I have ever seen. true legend and second to none.

By being a good harem anime?

But that was Evangelion

Love Hina turn all harems into AIDS incarnate.

The industry is supported by the backs of moe, fanservice, and mecha, idiot. LH has the first two.

That's Urusei Yatsura.

>good harem
>AIDS
You aren't making sense, senpai.

But Love Hina is a classic. And Naru is still mai waifu to this day.

Never seen it

Who is best girl?

Does she win?

Gotta know this before I even pick this shit up

Naru. Yes.

Obviously the main girl wins.

She's pretty good. Negima's Chisame and UQH's Kirie by the same author are modeled after her to give you an idea.

Naru and yes, big time.

Read the manga instead of watching the anime, though, it's a pretty shit adaption.

Love Hina was popular
P wants to make something popular
17+ years of inferior copycat haremshit
>implying LH wasn't just copycatting KOR

fuck you, love hina was fun

Harems were already popular before love hina. Tenchi Muyo serialized 4 years earlier for example. I'm sure you could find super old harems if you bothered.

It's shit. I love the manga, tried watching this and dropped after first ep. Horrible adaptation, like some shitty OVA of a good show made to milk some more cash.

The author admitted that LH is just his own remake of Ranma 1/2.

You mean good harem manga? The anime was cancer.

Mutsumi was best girl! REEEEEEEE

Sim Date was the best part about this shit

But there were harems before LH. There always were. LH was popular but even so the "Flood of harem stuff" didn't come until way after it ended

Dumb frogposter

the shinobu arc with all the arrows was the first time an anime ever made my eyes well up with tears

I watched the anime and manga a long time ago and overall loved it. It was nice. Then I tried to get into Negima and failed because it wasn't Love Hina and I cared too much about the characters to let go at the time. I was fond of the leaf bikinis.

Main girl wins and she is pretty bad, she is a tsundere done wrong. Motoko is better because she is tsundere done right (at least compared to Naru). I always liked Shinobu the most though, because we were the same age and the character I could relate to the most. I got a pretty big hardon when I saw her naked in the hot spring after the time skip when she was older and I was still the same age.

It's a pretty bad story, wouldn't recommend it.

>good

>Naru
>done wrong
>Motoko
>done right
What the fuck am I reading.jpg

Motoko's dere side is incredibly cute, her behavior/personality is also more believable by anime standards than Naru's. Naru is just 95% tsun.

naru suffers from the same thing Akane suffers from. The anime making her worse than her manga counterpart

Read Negima the manga, you won't regret it. Once you get past the first 12 chapters or something the story really kicks in and I *guarantee* that you'll find yourself attached to the characters more and more.

It was some pretty nice symbolism, too bad they didn't try to do similar for some of the other characters.

>dere
Naru's dere is just as cute, or cuter.
>more believable by anime standards than Naru's
Motoko is a raised in isolation with little contact with people samurai girl tsundere. She's more exaggerated and eccentric than Naru.
>95% tsun
Not close to the truth. Naru is not even tsun half the time. She's down-to-earth, almost the girl next door type save a temperamental fuse. Naru does a lot of introspective narration behind her actions and thoughts that depicts her more kuu than tsun and she has a lot more of that Motoko.

Manga counterpart is superior, No debate there. But anime counterpart is still exceptionally good. A lot better than most tsundere nowadays, in any case.

Naru a shit.

Literally Houki before Houki was even a thing.

>Naru was a shit tsundere
>But Motoko was the best waifu

You're all a bunch of hypocrites.

That would make sense if Ranma was a beta faggot.

Except Houki is modeled after Motoko. Nice shitpost, though.

>Motoko a shit.*
>Literally Houki before Houki was even a thing.

From bait to truth.

That's true for practically just about every adaptation. Love Hina's adaptation wasn't bad and the characters were still faithful enough to the manga.

Motoko and Houki were both my favorites in their respective shows. They definitely had less tsun in the manga (LH) and light novels (IS), and you got to see more dere.

Same Narutard.

They are.
Motoko is more violent.

No. I'd take a cap, but you'll just say it's an edit.

As said, Houki is modeled after Motoko. You can't deny that.

Motoko is a classic tsundere, she fell in love with Keitaro after like 3 years and when that happened the became 100% dere

Naru is a neo-tsundere, she was friendly with Keitaro since the beginning but also very prone to violence and never admitted her feelings, and she stayed like that until the very end.

>butthurt Motokotard

>neo-tsundere
>never admitted her feelings, and she stayed like that until the very end.
0/10

Instead of reading shitty Love Hina ripoff harems what if you

This is going to blow your mind

Just ignore them and watch/read something else

You mean the manga. The anime adaptation is an abomination.

Mine too

no Mutsumi is best girl!!!

Stop posting those anime monstrosities.

>there are people in this topic right now that actually liked Naru and Motoko

Masochists.

Would you stop baiting already? Naru is a classic tsundere and was tsun for 70% of the story. She was friendly as a normal person would be to a pwrson she befriended, but she denied her feelings many times, in which she persisted with a tsun front. Coming to terms with her feelings was a struggle and the admittance became the climax of the story.

person*

>Mine too
My brother from the same father.

I miss Ken's old style.

>You'll never have a cute yet capable imouto who's perfectly willing to have baths, sex, marry and spend the rest of her life managing an Inn with you

Perfect imouto if not for NBR ;_;

The manga was shit too. Maybe it's cause I read it after already reading a lot of cancer harems.

>after the time skip when she was older

Her behavior changed a lot, too. WHAT HAPPENED?

So why do people say the adaptation was awful? Haven't seen it, nor read the manga

Shinobu was the best thing about the anime.

Also if I blame LH for anything, it's making hitting the MC a more popular trope.

Su is best girl

Naru and yes

Who was the smoking milf again?

>harem
>good
literally dropped sakurasou no pet na kanajo on episode 8 when rita showed up and it went full harem
and then it was suddenly not a harem

I used to like it

It was my first introduction to "dere" characters, so to me it never felt overused or cliche

I remember. at the time, getting more bored by the constant teasing
>they almost kissed
>they almost fucked
>they almost got naked
>they almost died
>they almost got lost
>they almost got famous

The masturbatory nature of this shit was not only on the ecchi regard, but in every single aspect. Nothing really happens, it's just teasing, almost going somewhere, but never making it.

The way they dealt with the "girl of the promise" was retarded as hell too

All that said, Megumi did a wonderful job on this. Kimi Sae Ireba still a 11/10 song

youtube.com/watch?v=kIfO1nUFNlQ

It didn't destroy all anime. Just love triangles and harems.

Also, Green Green and Mahoromatic were even worse since it opened the flood gates to pointless ecchi. They didn't even bother with a love story.

Ecchi is bad, m'kay?

A show with ecchi and no substance = Bad.

A show with ecchi and solid plot/character development = best thing ever.

Mahoromatic and Green Green fit the former and not the latter.

That's the character's catch phrase, which is the first thing that springs to mind when I see said character about ready to have an aneurysm at the sight of exposed assets like you see in the post to which the quote was directed.

Naru had issues, man.

they all had issues

>That's the character's catch phrase
The characters catch phrase is a joke about the show itself. 'Ecchi stuff is bad!' in a show where ecchi is the focus.

And I don't know what this has to do with what I was pointing out.

It's a comedy mango (very good at it too), no need to have a good story.

>it's making hitting the MC a more popular trope.

It was already extremely common before LH. Stuff like urusei yatsura and Ranma had that in the bag three times over.

Urusei Yatsura had a reason to hit Ataru. He was actively hitting on every girl and being a dick to every guy. He was what a MC should be.

Ranma and Love Hina have girls beating up guys who don't deserve it. Making the lead girls look like bitches.

Ranma did deserve most of the hits because he couldn't keep quiet.

He was pointing out actual truths about the girls. Specifically pointing out when Akane was doing something butch or pushing a double standard. There was times when Ranma said something dumb like saying Akane was weaker or smaller than him. But most of the time, he was just getting Akane back for her saying something bad about him.

How is the anime compared to the manga? Manga is surprisingly good for haremshit even if Best Girl doesn't win. All I know is that the anime apparently never actually finishes the story or something and just goes off into its own thing after a point with some OVAs.

Hey! Thats the exact moment I dropped that show as well.

Bad.
Just bad. They upped the slapstick violence to obsurd degrees. For added cringe, watch the dubbed version. They all have english digimon voices (keitaro is gomamon) and kaolla sounds German for some reason.
You're right though, best girl didn't win.
(Mutsumi would've been better for keitaro though)
Pic related doesn't win MC

Akamatsu is a hack considering how he destroyed Negima and is struggling in his newest entry

>love hina was fun

>Hur dur MC is a perv who got hit

yeah no fuck you

>the anime that destroyed the modern industry
>not this trash

I liked Motoko much more than Narusegawa but you're full of shit.
Motoko regularly threatens Keitaro's life by means of slitting his throat. Naru might throw a punch but thats it. Naru shows some softness and compassion every now and then (I.E. tutoring MC) while Motoko is only dere during the chapters focusing on her and only temporarily. I'm guessing you're a secondary who's not read the manga
Motoko's dere is much sweeter though, especially combined with her easily embarrassed nature and inexperience with acting feminine which makes her a blushing tomboy of sorts
I'd still marry Motoko any day.

Imagine if Mutsumi had won. And we got 15 years of the ara girl winning over Tsundere's.

But Gunbuster wasn't that influential. Just like Eva wasn't. Both were huge, but its imitators fell flat.

Love Hina has hundreds of copy cat shows. Some of them reaching the top of the ratings of their year.

We missed the best timeline.

>missed the best timeline where ara ara won
Lest we forget ara ara was winning during this period of time as well with absolute treachery.

Same for both.

>How is the anime compared to the manga?
An abomination. Yes they never end the story and go a separate way, but even the part that follows the manga is horrible.

It has nothing to do with what you're pointing out; it has EVERYTHING to do with the gif you posted.

surprisingly enough negima is really good.

>got to read and watch Love Hina and GTO as a child

Never until now have I realized that I lucked out immensely and got to enjoy some tight ass shit.

>Best Girl
Haruka

>Does she win
She gets Seto so yes

Please ignore Narufags.

The gods did it. Not Belldandy. Turns out the villain in the movie is actually trying to help Keitaro.

Keiichi*